A Joke Ch. 02 - Texan's Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,383 Followers

The room was quiet for a bit.

"That went well, don't you think?" I chuckled.

Flo sighed, and moved behind my chair, untying my hands. "Enough, Jim," she said softly.

Roger sat on the opposite chair. I noticed he was still practically naked. "Put some clothes on, Roger."

"Which? You cut up everything, remember?" He reached down and tucked his torn shirt between his legs.

"Go upstairs and take a shower. Grab some sweats and a t-shirt out of my closet," I said, rubbing my wrists which were aching. My fingers burned as the circulation returned to them.

He stood up, holding the shirt over his crotch. "I...uh...guess we're done here, for now?"

Flo was working on my ankles. "I think we've all done enough, don't you? Put something on."

He trudged up the stairs, while Flo released my other ankle. "You're not going to do anything stupid now, are you?"

"Not now. I'm tired, my head hurts, and to be honest, I feel like shit."

"Yeah. I know that feeling. For a while now." She stood. "Coming up?"

I shook my head. "I think I'll clean up a bit down here. I'll be up in a while." I walked over to my rag bin, and started cleaning up the mess. I should have made Roger clean up his own urine.

Flo turned away from the stairs, and started helping. She was putting away the air mattresses, where I'd misbehaved with Alice. "Did you have to fuck her? Couldn't you stop with the blowjob?"

I felt myself turning red. "I screwed up, Ok? I didn't think it would go that far. I figured at least a hand-job, to get even, you know? Not the rest. I was just caught up in it. Don't tell me you don't know what that's like." I had the Lysol out, scrubbing the chair and floor.

"We've made a mess of everything, haven't we?" she asked softly.

I was putting the tool back where they belonged, throwing out the disposables. "Yeah. It's too bad. We had a good thing, you know."

She moved the chairs back to the walls, and broke down the cameras. "I'm deleting this," she said.

I nodded. "Stupid idea."

"All of it was stupid," she said, working the cameras, one at a time.

"I had to do something. I had to. You didn't leave me any other choice."

"I know," she answered, breaking down the tripods.

I grabbed the Scotch and took a swig. "Drink?" I offered.

She gave me a wry little smile. "Sure." She took it, helped herself, and put it back where it belonged.

A few minutes later, other than a few out of place items, the place was back in order. She picked up the Samurai toy I'd used on her. She held it up and looked at me. "This was pretty bad."

I blushed, remembering what I'd done. "You seemed to like it."

She walked over to me. "How come you never wanted to play with something like this before?"

I shrugged. "Don't know. I was happy enough with the way things were. Sex was never our problem."

"No, it wasn't, was it. I am sorry. You were right about him, and I never saw it. I could have stopped all this a long time ago."

"He was seducing you. Just not any way you'd normally expect it. You're so good at deflecting the straight on attention. He came at you from your blindside."

"Don't make excuses for me now. You warned me, and I would just get mad at you. I screwed up." She was looking at the electronic dildo. "Can I keep this?"

I shrugged. "Sure. I bought it for you. I doubt you'll need it now. You're a gorgeous woman, Flo. I'm sure you'll have no shortage of suitors. Probably Roger, if you want him."

"Please don't, Jim. Don't. I messed up badly. Threw away all I ever wanted, for a joke. I doubt I'll be in any shape to move on anytime soon. I'm going to have to figure out how I let this happened, before I destroy anyone else's life."

She started for the stairs, just ahead of me. She stopped on the third one. "Do you really hate me?" she whispered.

I stepped up behind her, putting my arms around her. "Sometimes. I was very angry. I'll probably be again. Every time you laugh, I hear you laughing at me. Every time you come, all I can do is imagine you with him. The sound makes my wrists ache. It tears me up."

She nodded, pulling my hands free. She pulled up one arm, and gave me a kiss on the hand. "You deserve better."

She started back up the stairs, and I watched her sexy figure, hid behind the shirt of mine that was way too big for her. Maybe I did deserve better. I'd be damned if I knew where I was going to ever find it.

I took a shower, and threw on shorts and a shirt. It was after 3:00 am. I went downstairs, and I saw Roger was sitting there nervously, drinking a beer.

"Help yourself, buddy," I said. "You've always been comfortable with helping yourself to my belongings." I got some milk, my stomach was upset.

"We really messed up, didn't we," he said.

I shrugged.

"Is it over? Can we end it?" he asked.

"I don't care. I'm out of here. Screw over your next neighbor. No more jokes on me. Fuck her if you want. She's not mine anymore."

Flo walked in on us. "Haven't you guys had enough? Come on, let's call it a night. This has been a horrible day." She turned to me. "Is it alright if he sleeps on the couch? Tonight only. Tomorrow he can either go home, or get a motel."

"Whatever," I said. I got up and grabbed my briefcase. I opened it on the table, and Flo reached out and held it closed.

"Not tonight, Jim. Please? Tomorrow. We can do it tomorrow, I won't stand in your way. Let's go to bed, one last time as husband and wife. I'd like to sleep beside you and wake up next to you once more, for old time's sake. Twenty-three years. Please."

I was completely burned out. No longer feeling anything. Not love, not hate, not anger, not even disappointment. I just wanted it over. I reached my hand out to her, taking hers in mind. She linked her fingers through mine. She turned to Roger. "Be gone by noon."

In the bedroom, she took my shirt off and asked me to sit on the bed. She went into the bathroom and came out with our first aid kit in hand. She put some lotion on my head, and covered my burn with a pair of large gauze bandages. "Bald isn't so good on you," she said with a chuckle. "Grow it back."

I nodded, checking the bandage with my fingers. She washed her hands, then came back to the bedroom, and stripped off her night shirt. She still looked beautiful to me. I was going to miss that body.

She saw my look, and smiled. "I know. I'm going to miss all of you, too."

Flo climbed in the bed, turning down the covers on my side. "Kill the lights?"

I did, and slipped in beside her.

"Can I hold you?" she asked.

I reached out for her, and she slid into my arms so naturally. Twenty-three years does that. Her head rested on my chest, arm thrown across me, leg over mine. "I do love you, you know," she whispered. "I'm sorry."

"Me too. I love you too. All the time that I don't hate you."

I let her cry, stroking her back soothingly.

* * *

I woke slowly, feeling her body pressed against mine. I reached out for her automatically, cuddling up to her, and wrapping her in my arm. I buried my head in her hair, breathing deep. She purred sweetly, leaning into me, moving my hand up to her breast.

I was hard, pressed up between her cheeks. Her hips pressed back against me, lifting her top leg over mine. I rubbed back and forth, feeling her hips tilting backward, inviting me. My cock slid into her, before I realized what I was doing.

I tensed up, and she reached back, holding my hip. "Still yours," she murmured. "For a little while longer."

I eased deeper into her, languidly, sliding in and out slowly, accepting her weight against my chest. I nuzzled her neck lazily, holding her breast. Her hips ground back against me, while I pushed into her a little more urgently. I grabbed the inside of her thigh, pulling her leg open more, and thrust deeper, harder.

Instinctively, my hand slid down to her crotch, rubbing her clit in little circles, while I fucked her. She moaned for me, and I heard her tell-tale signs. She was groaning sweetly, getting close. I was expecting her to finish, when she pulled the pillow into her mouth, biting down on it.

I knew her too well. She remembered what I'd said about the sound of her orgasm hurting me. I pulled the pillow roughly away from her. "Come for me," I told her. "Let me hear it. That's my sound."

She trembled, too far lost in her own pleasure to respond with words. I fucked her harder, the soft high-pitched squeal taking shape, growing stronger, piercingly loud, until her body stiffened.

I kept pumping her, not too far from my own release. She gasped, "Oh my God," and her hips went crazy against me. I tugged on her nipple, squeezing it, and she whimpered softly. I slammed into her, coming hard, and heard that sweet keening or hers as she came for me again.

I stayed inside of her, breathing hard, while she leaned back against me, arms akimbo, smiling sweetly.

No, sex had never been our problem.

When I finally fell out of her, she rolled over and climbed on top of me. "Thank you."

I held her, kissing the top of her head. I reached down and grabbed her full ass cheeks, giving them a squeeze.

She kissed my neck. "Can I say something?" she asked nervously.

"Go ahead."

"I love you, and I don't want a divorce, but I'll give you one if you want. If you change your mind, I'll be better. No more jokes. I won't even speak to that bastard. You can stay, you can move out, whatever you need to do. It'll take a few months for it go through. Anytime up until that last day, I'll be here for you. Until that day, I'll never turn you down. In my eyes, you'll be my husband until the courts say otherwise. I won't beg, I won't plead, and I won't bother you anymore. Once we leave this bed, it's up to you, but you need to know, I'll be praying every night that this nightmare ends and you take me back." She rose up and kissed me softly on the lips. "I'm sorry, but I had to say it. You need to know. I love you more than anything, and will always regret what I did."

"I need time."

"All you need. Even after we're divorced, if there's still even the faintest chance for us, tell me, and I'll wait for you."

"That wouldn't be fair to you," I told her softly.

"I'm 46 years old, Jim. All my adult life, I've dreamed of these last years with you, our kids grown up, time for just the two of us. I can't imagine my life without you. I don't want to."

"I'm sorry, Flo. I don't know how to get past what happened. Besides, I screwed up pretty badly. I had sex with your best friend. That will always be between us now."

She chuckled. "Sex? You fucked the shit out of her. If you don't stay with me, you damn well better give her a chance. You've ruined her now."

"How can you joke about that?" I asked.

She gave me a squeeze. "It's that or cry. I don't want to cry. Not yet. Let me have these last few minutes together."

I held her a little longer, then gave her one last long warm kiss. I got out of our bed, and hit the bathroom. I started the shower, and made room for her when she climbed in with a me a little later. We scrubbed each other, and when she slid into my arms, I held her, quietly, until the water started to get cold.

Afterward, I watched her get dressed, covering up that body which had been my personal playground for half my life. Damn that Roger.

We held hands all the way down to the living room, silent. A blanket was folded on the end of the couch, and there was a note on it. Simple enough, "Thank you. I'm sorry."

Too little, and way too late.

Flo stood next to me, and followed while I went to the table, opening the brief case. I pulled out the papers, and her hand finally fell free of mine as she took them. I felt the moisture in my own eyes, as she sat down with the papers in front of her, crossed her arms over them, and rested her head on her forearms, the tears flowing.

I went and made coffee, staying in the kitchen until it was ready. I poured her a cup as well and brought it to her. She took it gratefully.

"What are you going to do now?" she asked.

"I don't know. I didn't really think that far ahead. I'll start with apologizing to Alice."

She nodded. "I'll do that same, but I think it's best if we do it separately. Until you have a place to stay, I'll move into the guest room if you like."

"No. You keep the Master, it'll be easier for me. Moving your bathroom stuff alone would take a 3-man moving crew."

She smiled sadly. "Thank you. My door will never be closed. Anytime you want to share my bed, it doesn't have to mean anything more than what it is."

I nodded, but I'm pretty sure she understood that wasn't going to happen. Too painful.

"Breakfast?" she asked.

"Not now. I'm not very hungry."

"Me either." She got up and gave me a hug. "Thank you for this morning. I'll remember if forever."

I gave her a squeeze and turned away before she had me crying again.

* * *

Alice wasn't forgiving. At least not to Roger and Flo. She and I got along well enough. I was a shoulder to cry on. Shared misery. Maybe a little more than that. She had Roger served and he found an apartment, half-way across town, and I didn't see him for several months. She was still very angry with Flo, and it didn't look like they'd ever be the same again. Not much surprise there.

Flo and I lived like friends. I didn't hate her. I never really had. She went out and got a job, explaining that she'd need it in a few months. She cried a lot, but only late at night, when she thought I couldn't hear her. Several times I was tempted to visit her bedroom, but I managed to stop myself.

I received lectures from my family and hers, from the kids, even from Alice. I needed to forgive her. Hell, I'd done worse than she had. They were right, but still, I didn't see how I could. Maybe I was too damn stubborn for my own good. I no longer trusted her. She'd promised so many times to stop her shit, and where had we ended up. She didn't respect me. Humiliated me. She made a game of cuckolding me. I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Our divorce went through just two days before Alice's did. I moved next door, and Alice and I had a torrid relationship for a couple of months. We saw Flo regularly, and it felt awkward at first, but we became friendly. Strange, Flo and Alice finally buried the hatchet, and it was almost like old days.

Flo started dating. It took a while, but she finally went out on a few dates. I never saw her bring anyone home, but I'm pretty sure she had some intimate times. She stayed out all night at least once. She talked to Alice about them. I was never privy, but it seemed like she wasn't ecstatic with the results. I wasn't paying that much attention, I no longer had that right.

Alice and I didn't stick. We tried, and the sex was good. Never as good as that first time, but pretty intense. We didn't have the chemistry I'd had with Flo, and it wasn't long before we both knew it. Maybe it wasn't fair to compare her.

We were lying together late one night, after somewhat perfunctory sex.

"You're going to be leaving soon, aren't you?" she said softly, starting at the ceiling.

"This isn't fair to you," I told her. "We're not going anywhere in this relationship are we?"

She sighed. "Do you even want to?"

"I think maybe this was too soon, for us. All my feelings are so raw."

"How long?"

"End of the month?" I asked.

"Hold me?" she asked, her voice breaking.

I held her until we both fell asleep.

The last week together, we coupled like frenzied rabbits. We rarely made love. We fucked each other like each time would be the last. All over the house. On a moment's notice. We finally got to know each others needs and likes, and it got better. Much, much better. I was almost to the point of changing my mind. Almost.

When I started looking for an apartment, Flo found out, and cornered me. "Live with me," she said simply.

"I don't think I can," I told her.

"Bullshit. Come home, Jim. Even if it has to be like it was those last six months."

"What if I want to date?"

I could see it hurt her. "I'll give you your space. I can even stay with Alice if you want an overnighter."

It was foolish, but I missed her. I moved back. Path of least resistance. I was paying for the house anyway.

I did try to date for a while, before I realized I was happier over dinner at home with her than I was with anyone else. It took me another six months to figure that one out. She was patient with me, but I saw how much she hated it every time I left. Especially those nights I called and said I wouldn't be home. That was only three times, but each one, I think hurt me almost as much as they hurt her.

"I'm going out this Friday," I told her one evening.

"Why are you telling me? You can go out whenever you want." She looked concerned. "Is it...? Do...do you want me out of the house."

"Yes," I told her, trying to hide my smile.

She sighed. "I'll talk to to Alice."

"I'd rather you didn't. I was hoping you could go to La Trattoria." La Trattoria had been our favorite.

"Why?"

"That's were we'll be eating dinner," I told her with a grin.

She looked surprise, then grinned. "Jim! Are you asking me out?"

"Flo, would you go to dinner and dancing with me?"

She smiled. "Well, I'll have to change a few plans but I think I could squeeze you in."

We started dating on weekends. It was exclusive. Two weeks later we ended up on the couch, kissing like teenagers. By the end of the month we were back in bed together. I came home the next day, and my stuff was moved back into the bedroom.

"Getting ahead of yourself?" I teased.

"God, I hope not. I don't want to spend another night apart from you."

Alice was our best friend. We spent a lot of evenings together, eating dinner, having drinks, just hanging out. She was dating again, and we double dated several times. After her first relationship breakup several weeks after Flo and I were sharing a bedroom, she ended up in our bed, after crying on Flo's shoulder all night.

It wasn't anything I'd ever expected or even dreamed of. They didn't do anything together, I guess that would be too much to hope for, but I took turns on them, throughout the night, and the next morning as well. I knew them both so well, it was easy and natural. I don't know if it was having a third person there, but it was incredible for all three of us, and I got to hear Flo's special finish numerous times, as well as Alice's delicious gasping grunts when she was fulfilled. They took turns blowing me, getting me ready for each new session, each one preparing me for the other. I felt like I was 20 again, energetic, hard as steel, getting off four times that night, the last time seemingly lasting forever. I would have thought four times was impossible. Hell, three times was highly improbable.

I think we were all feeling a little weird about it the next day, and we didn't talk about it. A couple of months later, I came home to both of them drunk and horny, and it happened again. They teased me mercilessly until I took them both to bed. It wasn't quite as good, but it was still pretty amazing. The morning after was even better, and we spent most of it in bed, playing. And yes, we talked about it. We talked about when we'd do it again.

Flo and I are still not married, and I don't know if I want to go there. We're talking about our future, and we have more money than ever, with her working. We're saving tons, and talking about retiring early. We see Eric and his new wife at least once a month, he's doing well. Patty will be graduating any day now. To be honest, life is pretty much what Flo and I had hoped for, when we planned our future. All except the missing ring on her finger.

Alice is a regular. She's still dating, and whenever she's intimate with someone, we don't see her. She'll show up one evening, overnight bag in hand, and we'll be on again. It happens at least twice a week when she's not seeing anybody. I'm thankful to the inventor of Viagra.

Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,383 Followers