A Kiss Before Midnight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Helen could feel her face heat up like before. She looked at her phone which went off at that moment. She checked it seeing an incoming text message. Nate bit the inside of his cheek, he secretly hoped that Marc wouldn't come, but he didn't want Helen to be unhappy. She sighed throwing her phone back in her purse, "That was Marc he said he won't be able to make it for the pictures. He said he'll meet us there."

Nate felt a strange mixture of anger and relief. He couldn't believe that Marc wasn't going to show at all for the family time, but at least he could spend more time with Helen.

Diane frowned, "He could've told us earlier. Well do you still want to take the pictures?"

Helen nodded, "Of course, he's not going to stop me from enjoying my night. Nate…will you take a picture with me?"

Nate could feel his face flushing as he nodded, "Sure I don't mind even though I'm not wearing a tuxedo."

Helen smiled, "That's ok you still look good."

Nate smiled sheepishly, "Great, well shall we then?" he outstretched his hand in a joking manner.

Helen nodded standing up leaving her purse on the couch. She placed her hand in his, "Yes we shall."

She felt a small jolt go through her when she placed her hand in Nate's. He felt the same jolt go through him. He couldn't believe that he would be taking prom pictures with her like he was her date. He wished two years ago on his prom night that he was taking Helen instead of his date from hell. He remembers going home that night imagining dancing with Helen, then kissing her, then taking her dress off slowly kissing her neck, hearing her little cries of pleasure…he shook his head. He certainly didn't need a boner now.

Helen smiled a secret little smile. She felt right holding Nate's hand. It felt different when they would hold hands as kids. She didn't feel the same heat or the need to pull him close against her then like she did now. Diane and her other friends would joke with her about Nate being her future husband. She would always push it aside, but maybe they were right. Helen shook her head before she could even think about Nate, like she has many times in the past, she had to see if this was the end of her and Marc. She secretly hoped it was.

*~*~*~*

They took many different types of pictures. First the girls took one together, then the guys, then there were the family pictures, then one with their dates, then everyone switched dates and took pictures with them. Helen could tell that everyone was trying their hardest not to be angry at Marc and to keep her having a good time. She invited Adam and the others to take pictures with them. Since everyone has known each other for a long time now since middle school and for others high school. Helen could see Tommy and Johnny out of the corner of her eye clenching their fists. They were fighting the need to call some people to find Marc. Lilly was doing a good job being her bubbly self and keeping everyone in a good mood. Her mother even tried talking to Nate which surprised him.

Most of the time Victoria doesn't like Nate, it's not because he's white, seeing as his mom is one of her good friends and business client, it's because Nate finds things to indirectly tick her off. He gets back at her in his own little way for when she's being really hard on Helen for making mistakes. Nate respects an adult like the next person, but with Victoria he always finds something to do that he knows will tick her off. She tries kicking Nate out, but it doesn't work because Helen invites him back the next day. Also his mother usually makes a donation to one of the restaurants they own around the time she threatens to kick him out so Victoria drops the threat.

Johnathan sr. is like any other father. He knows the day will come when his little girls will be gone and married with their own lives. That doesn't stop him from being protective of his baby girls Helen and Lilly. He, like any other father, wants his girls to end up with guys who will take care of them and treat them like the queens they are. Right now he's not very happy with Marc, neither is Victoria. Who's trying her best to keep her anger in and not call his mom and act ghetto over the phone.

Helen sighed pushing her anger back down especially when Nate wrapped an arm around her waist. He smiled, "One more group picture smile Helen."

Helen smiled feeling her face heat up slightly, "Ok, cheese," they said when the flash went off.

The photographer, Dave, smiled, "That was great you guys. I envy you gentlemen going out with such lovely ladies tonight."

Everyone laughed as his assistant, Keith, joined in, "He's right you all look very nice."

"Thank you," everyone said.

David and Keith smiled, "Well we've been holding you back for awhile now. We better let you go. With beauties like this the whole world should see them." Dave said as Keith nodded in agreement.

"My you are quite the charmer sir." Jessica said giggling behind her hand.

Dave smiled and waved, "My wife tells me the same thing. Well see you later everyone, have a good time." Keith smiled waving back as well.

Everyone smiled, "We will," they waved back watching them take their equipment back to the truck.

"Ok now that the pictures have been taken and most of our guests are here should we let our babies go?" Victoria said.

Helen smiled even though her and her mother didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things she still loved her, but the same thing could be said about Jessica and Diane. Not for Mari, Sabrina, and Regina. They were really close to their mothers sometimes you couldn't tell if they were mother and daughter or sisters.

"I think we should you know Dave is right about letting our beauties out in public." Johnathan said. Jean-Michael, Jessica's father, nodded, "Yes, he is right! Everyone looks tres bien tonight!"

Jessica blushed, "Dad! Jeez," she muttered something in French to which her dad smiled.

"I know we should. It's almost eight o'clock we don't want to make them late." Isabella, Mari's mom, said as her father, Miguel, nodded.

"Oh they're right. Well have a good time everyone!" Carolyn, Diane's mother, said.

"Now remember gentlemen we have the power to find you, but that shouldn't deter you from having a good time." Edward, Diane's father, said.

"Oh don't listen to them guys. They seem to forget that it was them in the same boat when it came to us." Alice, Jessica's mother, said.

Regina's mother, Belle, giggled, "That's true it was like that. Well goodbye my babies have fun, but not too much fun."

Regina giggled, "Mom we'll be ok,"

"So Nate, guys, what will you all be doing at the prom?" Armando, Regina's father, asked.

"Oh we're part of the entertainment. Helen helped us get the job." Adam said.

"The entertainment committee came to me for suggestions so I put in Nate's band as a suggestion. They loved them after they heard their cd." Helen said.

Nate smiled, "We have Helen to thank. We have a job and exposure as well. We're gonna be working with a DJ and another performer."

Helen smiled sheepishly, "Aww you're welcome I'm really glad I could help."

"I can't wait to hear you guys play. You guys sound pretty good even when Nate plays." Diane joked.

Everyone laughed Nate shook his head, "I'm gonna get you one day Diane. You'll see Ms. Comedian."

Helen laughed she was happy that she was able to book Nate and his band for their prom. At first she thought they wouldn't want to perform since they graduated from high school, but when they excitedly told her yes and shoved a cd in her hands she knew they wouldn't mind. Nate originally had the idea for the band in sixth grade. He told fourth grade Helen and Diane and they loved the idea. He told Donald who agreed to it since they both loved music and didn't want the responsibility of running their families companies. Marcus and Adam agreed to it in the eighth grade. The last member to join them was Jake he joined during his eleventh grade year who, like Helen, only watched from the sidelines at first.

Nate sings and occasionally plays guitar on some of their songs. Donald is lead while Marcus is bass. Jake is rhythm guitar while Adam is drums. They haven't figured out a permanent name for their band yet, so they go by the name Endless Torture for now. Though they think that's a pretty good name. Helen is happy to help them any way she can. She secretly loves the fact that Nate can sing and play guitar. There have been many nights were she has thought about Nate's sensual voice in her ear while his skillful fingers played her like a finely tuned piano. She shook her head she did not need to get excited now, not in front of everyone.

"Ok, that sounds good. Good luck fellas. If you need anymore equipment just ask." Sabrina's father, Reginald, said.

"Thanks sir," Nate said as Adam and the others gave their own thanks.

Victoria smiled checking her watch again, "Well it is getting late we shouldn't keep you."

"Ok bye mom, bye dad, bye guys, bye Lil." Helen said hugging everyone as her friends said goodbye to their families. Helen found it funny that it was so hard for her parents to let go, even though she's 18 now. After saying their goodbyes and taking last pictures for their parents they made it to the limo. Helen made sure to get the stretch limo so everyone could sit comfortably.

While walking Jake tapped Nate on the shoulder, Nate turned around, "What's up Jake?"

"I think you should go ride with Helen." Jake said.

Nate's face heated up again that night, "Should I?"

"Think about it Nate. Everyone is in there with their date while Helen is waiting for hers who's supposed to meet her there…I hope…anyway the point I'm trying to make is I think you should ride with her. It would make her feel better." Jake said.

Nate thought about it running his fingers through his hair again, "Are you sure? Do you guys mind?"

"Nate, of course we don't mind. I thought you were gonna ride with her anyway." Donald said.

"I thought so too. Listen you can Nate we'll be right behind you." Marcus said.

Adam pulled his box of cigarettes out taking one out and lighting it. After taking a smoke he turned to Nate, "You should it would make her feel happier."

"See it's unanimous so go already." Jake said smiling.

Nate smiled, "Thanks guys," he jogged a little to catch up with Helen.

Adam smiled taking another smoke, "If they don't fuck soon they're gonna explode from the tension alone."

"And here I thought I was the only one who felt it." Jake said.

Donald scoffed, "Are you kidding me? Any more tension and they would have gone at it in the kitchen or in the closet of the foyer."

"I wonder what's stopping them." Marcus said.

"It could be because of their friendship. I mean they met each other before they met any of us. I'm sure they don't want to mess anything up." Jake said.

"But if they let their fear hold them back then they'll never know if they can work or not." Adam said.

"I sure hope they tell each other soon." Jake said.

"Thanks to Marc Nate might get his chance tonight." Donald said as Adam and the others nodded in agreement.

Nate tapped Helen's shoulder, "Hey princess, do you mind if an old timer rides with you?"

Helen smiled giggling behind her hand, "No I don't mind, sir. You sure you don't mind riding with a youngster."

"Of course not, got any room for me?" Nate said smiling. Helen noticed a certain gleam in his eyes that made her heart jump. She never saw him look at her like that even when they were playing with each other.

"Of course you know I'll always have room for you Nate." Helen said smiling. Nate smiled back feeling the same warm sensation go through his heart as he took Helen's hand. He helped her inside the limo as he followed behind her. He saw the guys who each waved and gave him thumbs up. Nate laughed shaking his head as he closed the door behind him.

"So, we get to ride with a celebrity lucky us." Diane said smirking.

Nate laughed, "I see we just got jokes tonight Diane."

"Of course I do Mr. Rock Star." Diane said smiling. Nate laughed shaking his head, "Rock star I wish, most of the shows I'm doing is to repay your dad Sabrina."

Sabrina waved it aside, "Oh Nate my dad said you guys don't have to worry about anything. He wanted to give you guys that stuff since your aunt hid your last guitar."

Nate groaned, "Yeah I just love Aunt Linda. Ever since she became supervisor over one of our home companies she thinks she owns it now. So she thinks she can control me and my brothers and sister without my parents knowing about it. She's so smart…"

Helen's gaze softens as she stared at Nate. It's been known throughout his family that his aunts and uncles have been trying to become the CEO of the company ever since their grandparents announced their retirement. His grandparents are CEOs over a pharmaceutical company which helps out hospitals here in the states and over the world. They're pretty well known for being one of the pharmaceutical companies that doesn't have a lot of lawsuits against them. After the announcement his grandparents started to decide which one of their children would take over. They have his mom, their daughter, Caroline, on their mind for becoming CEO, but his aunts and uncles have their eyes set on the position.

His mother is the second oldest out of everyone, his aunt Linda being the oldest. She thinks that she knows how the company should be run and how the employees of the company should act. She also believes that she can tell the children of the employees how to behave behind their parents back. Nate, his sister Carla, and his two brothers Marc and Vergil are one of the many children who want to break away from the company to pursue their own things. Though Aunt Linda tries to stop them every way she can. Even by telling them what kind of friends they can have to what they should wear. Helen understands Nate's frustration her aunt Melinda is the same way with her and her siblings.

Helen placed her hand over his, "Yeah, but she doesn't know that you have us and your parents on your side. Don't worry about it Nate. Besides you shouldn't worry about those things tonight."

Nate looked over at Helen giving her a relieved smile, "Yeah you're right tonight is a happy night. You guys are going to prom! I can't believe it's already here. You guys are growing up so fast."

He sniffed pretending to wipe a tear off of his cheek. Helen laughed shaking her head, "You act like you're so much older than us."

"I am,"

"You're only two years older than us." Jessica said.

"True, but I'm still older than you guys." Nate said smiling as everyone laughed. Nate noticed that Helen's hand was still on top of his. He shifted his hand linking his fingers through Helen's. Helen blushed lightly as she squeezed his hand. Nate could feel his face heat up a bit as he squeezed back. It was different then when they linked their hands together when they were children. Now the comforting feeling that was always there was accompanied by a spark that sent both of their hearts racing.

Diane noticed that they tried to hide their conjoined hands in between them. She nudged Chris who turned to her. He leaned towards her, "What's up?"

"Look at Helen and Nate," Diane said.

Chris looked over noticing Helen and Nate having a private conversation between the two of them. Helen would giggle quietly while Nate would coo something else to her, which resulted in another giggle from Helen and a bright smile from Nate. Chris smiled he had to admit he never saw Helen look so comfortable when she was around Marc.

"I see that's so cute." Chris said.

Diane nodded giggling quietly, "They're so cute together."

Chris nodded in agreement, "You're right they are, but what about Marc?"

"Something tells me that this might be our last night seeing Marc." Diane said as Chris nodded in agreement.

"So who's coming to my after party?" Sabrina said.

"Girl you know I'll be there." Diane said happily as Jessica and Mari nodded in agreement.

"You're parties are always fun Sabrina." Josh said as Daniel nodded in agreement, "They sure are I can't wait to go!"

Sabrina beamed she looked over at Helen and Nate trying to stifle her giggles. She gathered her composure before asking her question.

"Nate, Helen are you guys going?" Sabrina asked.

Helen nodded trying to hide her blush from everyone, but knowing that it wouldn't work.

"Of course Sabrina I'm going." Helen said.

Nate nodded in agreement, "You know I'm gonna be there. You throw some awesome parties Sabrina."

Sabrina smiled, "I'm glad, so will you two bring dates or go together?"

Everyone smiled at the blushes growing on Helen and Nate's faces. They looked at each other knowing the answer, but they were too shy to say anything. This surprised Nate since he normally didn't get shy around Helen and her friends, but it happened a lot recently. Helen normally wasn't shy around Nate, especially when they were together with her friends, but she couldn't find her voice at the moment.

After another minute of their silence, which amused everyone, Helen spoke first, "Well we always go together so yeah we will."

"Aww how cute," Mari teased as Nate ran his free hand through his hair while Helen blushed deeper, "Guys…don't…"

Everyone started laughing as Helen and Nate shook their heads. They knew they were in for a long evening of teasing from basically everyone, but they didn't care. It happened a lot when they were all together. They noticed something while riding along. They didn't let go of their hands like they normally would. Helen thought for sure Nate would have pulled away, but he didn't. Nate thought the same about Helen, but she didn't. He felt a mixture of relief and happiness when she didn't pull away. Helen felt the same warm feeling. They smiled at each other before turning back to the different conversations happening in the limo, never separating their hands.

*~*~*~*~*

"Here we are!" Sabrina said happily as William, Helen's driver, opened the door.

"Awesome!" Aidan said stepping out first holding his hand out for Jessica. Jessica blushed lightly as she placed her hand into his open one. She looked up at the country club which was decorated to look like a Parisian nightscape. The juice bar was turned into a replica of a Parisian café. The lights shaped like flowers lit their way inside. There was a miniature sculpture of The Eiffel Tower outside the front door. With many different items someone could by such as flowers for their dates or berets.

"Wow this place looks beautiful. See Jeff came through after all." Mari said stepping out the limo with Juan. He nodded, "I guess he was, damn we owe him some money Chris."

Chris scoffed holding his hand out for Regina, "Damn you're right. I guess he did know what he was talking about."

Regina smiled taking Chris's hand as she stepped out the limo, "I told you he did."

"This is amazing. It looks so nice." Diane said as Daniel helped her out of the limo.

"It is very nice. I have to admit that Christina and Jeff did a great job." Helen said stepping out the limo with Nate.

"They did a really good job this year." Nate said looking around at the decorations. He started looking around for Adam and the others keeping an eye out for Marc. He narrowed his eyes when he didn't see him.

/Where the hell is he? / Nate thought angrily. He looked over at Helen who looked around with him. She bit her lip trying to calm down. Nate reached over grabbing Helen's hand again. She looked up at Nate who was trying to hide the anger on his face.

"I-I guess he's caught in traffic still." Helen said.

"Yeah I guess so." Nate said. /That bastard…/

123456...8