A Kitten's Tail Ch. 38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll see what I feel up to tomorrow, but I'm sure I can find time to play with all of my pets. Now off to school with all of you, I don't want to think about having to punish you for being late."

"We won't be late, Master, but we do have to run to make sure of that. We'll see you at home tonight."

I watched them rush out and shook my head. They had twenty minutes until class started. Without accounting for traffic, it was a ten-minute drive to the twin's campus. Marta's campus was only a kilometer away from theirs, but she would have to park in the staff area at the twins' school and walk. If they hit any traffic, she would have to run to make it on time.

"I would offer to take care of you, Master, but I think it's best if we wait until the other's show up. The girls left the door open, and our nurse walked by when Faith was kissing you. She watched until the girls switched, but if we closed the door now she might decide to come check on us after that show. I'm sure she'll be less suspicious if we have more people in the room."

I looked up as she turned back to her breakfast and shook my head. "I can wait until we get home. My nurse seems a bit over attentive, and it's far more enjoyable if you're properly attired. You and your sisters will just have to put in some extra work to get me back on schedule tonight."

She sighed and nodded, but she knew I was right. We had gotten away with playing in the maternity ward because the patient wasn't in the room at the time. With me being the patient, the nurse could pop in at any time to check on me. While it wasn't actually against policy, offending your nurse was a good way to get lousy care.

Despite my reaction to Marta and the twins, because I would probably be dead before I didn't react to them, I really wasn't feeling all that aroused. I knew it would pass in a couple hours when the morphine finally wore off all the way, but for now I just felt sick to my stomach and lightheaded. The OxyContin wasn't much weaker, but the synthesized versions didn't hit me as hard.

I made it through breakfast and another trip to the bathroom before Marian and Ari showed up with a very nervous looking Mandy. After they kissed me hello, although not quite as enthusiastically as Marta and the twins had, I was going to ask what was wrong but my nurse wandered in.

"Goodness, after the three earlier I thought your family was here finally, but it looks like it's more of your girlfriends. Exactly how many girlfriends do you have?"

"Locally, or should I count the ones on the other side of the world," Marian asked with a smirk. "We are his family though; we're just a different kind of family."

"The other side of the world," Ronda murmured, shaking her head. "I really didn't need to know that. Just try to hold off on the special TLC until after you leave, as the physical therapist will be in shortly to go over his treatment plan. The doctor just sent up the discharge paperwork, so just hit the call button when the therapist leaves and we can get you taken care of."

"We can do that. Can I get dressed now, or should I wait until after I see the therapist?"

"You can go ahead and get dressed. Your first visit with them is mostly the giant list of things not to do and scheduling your follow up appointments. They will start on your range of motion exercises on your first follow up." Ronda looked over at the girls. "Did you bring something big enough to go over the sling?"

Marian smirked as she opened the bag and pulled out the huge Hawaiian shirt. I had to laugh when I remembered how it ended up in my closet. During our extended vacation, my girls had begged for a chance to see some of the waterfalls in Tahiti, so Julien had arranged a trip for of us. The girls decided we didn't look touristy enough, so we stopped to get re-outfitted at one of the tourist shops. My girls found a pattern they loved, but the only shirt they had in it was two sizes too big for me. I had only worn it the one time, but it had still come home with us.

"Sorry, but I wasn't sure if any of your other shirts were big enough to fit over a sling." I highly doubted that, but I could see the twinkle in her eye as she said it. My girls had been trying to get me to wear it again because they claimed I looked adorable in it. I thought it looked a bit ridiculous, but I could live with it.

"Well, it will certainly be big enough," Ronda chuckled. "Did you need any help to get dressed?"

"I think they can keep me from falling over as I get dressed between the four of them," I replied. As she left and closed the door behind her, I glanced over at Marian. "Remind me to consider spanking you when we get home."

She caught my teasing tone and smiled. "I'll try to remember, but you have to admit it will still look better than that hospital gown. I don't think anyone could look good in one of those."

I just shook my head as they helped me dress. It was nice to be in my own clothes again at least. When we finished, I sat down and patted the bed next to me. "Mandy, would you like to tell me what's bothering you?"

She shook her head as she knelt in front of me. "You might be upset with me, Master. I should have asked first, but I knew my sisters would want to know what happened so they could pray for you. I called Master Julien last night after we saw you and told him so he could let your other pets know. He asked that we call when you get home so he knows you're okay."

I patted the bed again and she reluctantly climbed up next to me so I could put my arm around her. "I'm not upset. I was planning on calling him when I got home anyway, because I know your sisters would call and let you know if something happened to him."

She snuggled into my good side and laid her head on my shoulder. "Thank you Master. I know I would want to know if you got hurt if I were back on the island. We all love you and want you to visit more often. I almost wish we could move everyone here back to Fakahina, but I don't think they would go for that idea."

Mandy stopped when she noticed the worried looks the other three were giving us. "Master, did kitten not get to take care of you this morning? I know that look, and now you have me worried as well."

I had to chuckle at my pets' one track minds. "No my pet, she didn't get to take care of me, and no you can't do it now. We've had people in and out of the room all morning and our nurse is a bit nosy. I told kitten I would let all of you make it up after we leave. The therapist should be here soon, and we should be out of here shortly after."

She sighed and nodded, "If you insist, Master. I suppose that would be a good way for all of us to get some time with you. We could all take turns, like we did on Monday. We should do that more often; now that our Friday games are going to be postponed until you heal."

"Only for a couple weeks, my dear. They will have to be a bit more sedate until I heal, but I think I can come up with ideas to make it through." My hand slipped down to pat her ass as I kissed the top of her head. "I do need to you shift into business mode for a bit."

Mandy chuckled and tilted her head up to kiss me. "I could go over your accounts during sex if you really wanted me to, Master. I don't think cuddling is going to affect me much. What did you want to change around?"

"We're not changing anything around my dear, just setting up some new accounts. Yesterday's incident reminded me that I won't live forever, and I need you to set up the same fall back account for my other pets that we did for Felicia, Sonia and Kiera."

Marian came over and put her hand on my knee as she sat down with us. "Master, I know you're thinking about Gianna and Vivi being left with nothing, but you do understand we would take care of them, don't you?"

"I know you would all take care of each other, but you may still need the fall back accounts," I explained. "Sonia is listed as my heir and inheritor, but I still have one for her. Mandy is the only one who realizes how expensive our household is, and any challenge to my will could tie up my accounts for a couple years with as slow as the Italian legal system is. Just think of it as another insurance policy in case something goes wrong."

"Master, there is probably an easier way to insure they don't have any problems if something were to happen to you," Mandy told me. "You currently have your bills coming out of your private account, because your business dividends are paid into that account and you don't really need to track it because your dividends more than cover the monthly expenses. If you moved the monthly payments to your numbered Swiss account, the interest alone would still cover the expenses, and because it's a numbered account, the Italian courts can't tie it to your estate. It would continue to pay out those expenses even if you were gone."

I looked over at her curiously. "I have a numbered Swiss account?"

"Remember when you told me to drop your investment account down to forty million, and every time I hit fifty to drop another ten million off? That's the account we set up to keep the Italian government from tracing your income for tax purposes. You currently have around twenty million sitting and collecting interest."

I shook my head to try to clear it. "Sorry love, the painkillers have me a bit foggier than I expected. Aren't the household credit lines set up to be paid automatically from my main account as well? Should we move those over?"

"The ones Zara and Marcello sign against for food and supplies," Mandy asked. "Yes, but moving the payments wouldn't help there. Those accounts are in your name as well, so they would be frozen with your personal account. For that, it would be best to wait until they are needed and have Sonia set up new accounts to be paid off the Swiss account. Kayla and I have the access information to the Swiss account, and I put the hard copies in the fire safe."

"So Sonia, Kiera, or Felicia could get to them if something happened, perfect. What would I do without you, Mandy?"

"You would do just fine Master. I'm glad you have me though, because I love being able to help you and the benefits are wonderful." Mandy turned her head up and kissed me, but we were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Signore Frame? I'm Mario Rossi and I'll be going over your treatment if you're ready for me." I told him I was, but he noticed the amused looks everyone but Mandy had. "I know, I was the youngest of nine kids and my parents weren't feeling very creative. It was vastly amusing when I was in school."

I saw Mandy's confusion and explained. "It would be like meeting someone named John Smith in America. They are the most common first and last names, but rarely seen together. So, Mario, Ronda said you have a giant list of things I'm not supposed to do."

"I could do that, but I prefer to keep things simple. I only have two instructions for you actually. Keep the shoulder immobilizer on at all times and try to relax. Your body needs time to heal and those two things are all you really need to do. When you come in on Monday, we will give you some new instructions, but those two will stay in effect for two to three weeks." He looked over at Mandy. "Your girlfriend is the one who gets the lecture from me. No asking him to help with cooking, cleaning, yard work, or just about anything else until after the sling comes off. "

The others were snickering and Mario looked around in confusion. "You'll have to excuse them, but they're amused because I have staff to do the cooking, cleaning and yard work. My cook, Zara, magically appears if I set foot in the kitchen and I get dirty looks if I even think about picking up a rag to wipe up a spilled drink. Some days I think they expect me to lie around the house and let them wait on me hand and foot."

"I don't think they go that far, but I remember you telling me I had to let Marcello put up my shelves when I moved in," Marian said with a little smirk. "The girls are just very conscientious about doing their jobs. You shouldn't be surprised, the benefits of working for you are far better than they could find anywhere else."

"She's right you know, the benefits package is exceptional," Ari added. "They go above and beyond because they want you to be happy with their performance."

I managed to keep from rolling my eyes at their play on words as I looked back to the therapist. "As I said, not doing anything strenuous should be fairly easy for me. I'll have to take a few extra walks, as I won't be able to do my regular exercise routine, but I'll get by."

"Walking is a good choice for now; just have someone walk with you for balance. The painkillers will throw you off and a fall can land you right back in here," he replied. "Now, would someone be able to bring you in at nine in the morning on Monday?"

I glanced over at Marian and she grinned. "That will be perfect actually. Zara likes to catch the farmers market as soon as it opens because she gets better produce that way. She could drop you off on her way and pick you up after you're finished. I'm sure she wouldn't mind, she was fit to be tied when you got injured and would bend over backwards to help you out."

Okay, I had to admit that one was amusing. "Perfect, I'll pencil you in for nine then. Would nine a.m. on Mondays be a good time slot for your follow up visits? We need to see you every week until the sling comes off so we can gauge your progress and adjust treatment as needed."

"I'm sure that will work out fine."

"Excellent, I'll see you on Monday, and I'll let Ronda know we're all finished so she can get you out of here. You all have a nice day."

As soon as he closed the door, the girls started giggling. I chuckled a bit but winced as it jarred my shoulder. "Okay, as amusing as that was, no more making me laugh. Laughter is definitely not the best medicine right now."

"I'm sorry, but that was too good to pass up. You do give them an excellent benefits package, Master." I smirked at Ari as she giggled again. "I promise I'll be good now, really, it's out of my system."

I just shook my head as I looked over at Marian, "We will need to stop at Poggiofranco on the way home, do you know where it is?"

"Of course, I grew up in Bari, remember? They already have your insurance on file?"

I nodded, "They have all of our insurance on file actually. I've used them for years, so I just set up sub accounts for all of you under mine, the same way I did here. They should allow you to sign for my prescriptions because you're on the account."

"Are you doing alright," Marian asked in concern.

"That's a very good question," Ronda said as she walked into the room. "If you are having any kind of adverse reaction, we really should have you stay longer."

"You shot me full of morphine last night, and then dropped OxyContin on top of it this morning," I told her. "I feel like I downed a six pack of Peroni on an empty stomach, so a little queasy, a little tired, and annoyingly calm about it."

She just smiled faintly. "Unfortunately that is about normal for OxyContin. We are putting you on the lowest dose twice a day, with tramadol for any breakthrough pain every four to six hours as needed. If you find yourself taking the tramadol every four hours, come back in and the doctor can reevaluate your medications."

"I'm not sure I'll need that," I told her. "It's aching a bit, but not bad enough yet that I would want to take something else for pain."

"That would be ideal, but it's only been a few hours and you may change your mind later. Now, you have Poggiofranco listed as your preferred pharmacy, so I called and verified they have what you need in stock, they are already filling the prescriptions for you, but they will need the orders. That would be these," she said as she put them on the table. "We also have one for diclofenac for the inflammation and clindamycin for the infection. They should have them ready by the time you arrive. I would also recommend getting an ice pack if you don't have one. It can help with that aching feeling and keep you from needing more painkillers on top of the OxyContin. No more than fifteen minutes at a time though."

"The dressing on your chest should be changed twice a day until the stitches come out. I took the liberty of telling the pharmacist to put together a dressing kit for you, and there are instructions for changing the dressing in the packet here. Did anyone have any questions?" When no one responded, she smiled. "Perfect, now I just need someone to sign him out and you're free to go. Just remember, if he starts having any problems, difficulty breathing, sudden dizzy spells, vomiting, don't hesitate to call or bring him back in to emergency. His records indicate he has been on these painkillers before, but that doesn't mean he can't have a bad reaction to them."

"We have several people at home who will be helping to keep a close eye on him," Marian replied as she signed me out. "He is a good man and has a lot of people who want to see him back to normal again. He takes very good care of the people he loves; it's our turn to take care of him now."

"From what I've seen so far, he certainly seems to be popular," Ronda smirked. "Just remember that he needs to avoid any vigorous activities for a while. You may want to look into some extra pillows as well. He will probably be more comfortable sleeping semi reclined with extra support under that shoulder. That may also help avoid anyone accidentally hitting that shoulder brace."

I saw the girls exchange a look and grin. "We have plenty of extra pillows and will make sure he is kept as comfortable as possible. Thank you for everything you've done for him."

"I'm just doing my job. If you really want to thank me, make sure he doesn't have to come back in. There is nothing quite as disheartening as discharging one of my patients and having them back a week later with the same injury." Ronda looked at me and winked. "I have a feeling I won't be seeing you again though. You seem to have enough pets to keep you out of trouble."

I stopped and gave her a curious look. "We were led to believe you would be more likely to report us if you wandered in on something, but you don't seem bothered by our relationships."

Ronda stopped and shook her head. "I would have reported it, but you wouldn't get in any trouble. The report just goes into your patient files so the other nurses know. We have a few nurses that get rather flustered if they walk in on a patient with their partner, and most of the staff gets a laugh at their expense when it happens. I personally think it interferes with patient care if a nurse is too embarrassed to look her patient in the eye. By reporting incidents, those nurses know to knock and ask if you're decent before entering your room."

"Could you do me a favor and add those notes to all my sub accounts," I asked her. "I've had the girls behaving themselves, but they are usually far more affectionate with each other. Tina made it out to be far worse than that."

Ronda snorted and shook her head again. "I know Tina pretty well. She's fiercely loyal to her husband, but she gets a thrill out of walking in on people. She was probably hoping to catch you in the middle of something. From what I've seen of you and your girlfriends, I imagine it would be quite a sight. If you'll excuse me though, I need to get your discharge papers filed and I'll add those notes to your charts."

"Well, definitely not what I was expecting," I mused after she left. "If everyone is ready though, I think it's about time we got out of here. I imagine it will still be more fun at home."

Marian just smirked as she picked up the paperwork and let Mandy help me to my feet. "I'm sure we can have far more fun at home, but maybe you won't be so resistant to letting the girls take care of you when Ari comes in to deliver her baby."