A Lazy Mage Quests (Un)EZ Creds Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tisoz
tisoz
44 Followers

"Yeah, come on in," said the voice from within.

Spector walked through the door. He had no way to open it, so he literally walked through it much like a ghost would. He startled the man behind the desk and quickly apologized. The man just as quickly recovered his composure.

"Sorry to drop in on you like this," Spector said, "I can come back another time if I need an appointment, but I'd like to discuss a business deal with you and not put myself at risk."Again Spector thought.

"What kind of business deal?" the seated man asked.

"I have a few vehicles I'd like to sell, and I heard you sometimes buy without asking a lot of questions." Spector said.

The man considered his reply. "If you are a cop, this is clearly a case of entrapment. So I may as well take a look at what you're offering and shoot you a price."

"It may take me a couple of hours to get them over here," Spector said. "Will that be ok?"

"Sure. It'll give me time to make a couple of calls and see if the law has any stings going down this afternoon."

"Then I'll get to it," Spector said. "Thanks for seeing me and good-bye for now." Bowing his head, Spector winked out of sight on the astral plane and rushed back to the chop shop where his meat body waited.

Rejoining his meat body still resting within his car, Damon considered driving his car to find people to help him deliver the building full of cars, then decided to see what vehicles were available inside the building. The Rolls Royce Phaeton would probably attract too much attention this time of day where he planned on going. If one type of limousine was overkill, then the Mitsubishi Nightsky was also eliminated. Several of the other vehicles had little to no more room than his own ride. Then Spector saw the Prairie Cat, a recreational vehicle made by Rolls Royce, and his curiosity at how it would drive vetoed any questions about it seeming out of place. Spector recalled seeing several Ford Canada Bison RVs outside shady dives, so perhaps it wouldn't seem too out of place after all. Damon went through keys clicking away until the Cat's "eyes" flashed. After opening the garage style door, driving out, and closing the door behind him, Spector was finally on his way.

Damon spent a little time trying to figure out the unfamiliar autonav, then upon realizing what a pleasure it was to drive the huge machine, gave up and enjoyed the ride. He tried to remember what shady bars were in this part of town and recalled hearing something about The Hole Story. "The Hole Story," Spector said aloud, feeling the sound of it. To Spector's surprise a feminine voice came from the Prairie Cat telling him to turn right in two blocks. Spector found a heads up display projected on the lower part of the windshield showing the route to The Hole Story. He arrived in no time.

Grinning to himself upon discovering a Bison already parked in the lot, Damon got out and locked the vehicle behind him, looked around and set the security. Spector made his way into the bar, stopping just inside the door to let his eyes adjust to the dim interior. Several heads turned toward him, then went back to what they had been doing. Spector went to the bar and ordered a beer. He got a soy based one, and asked the bartender if there were any riggers in today. The bartender nodded in the general direction of most of the bar and Spector didn't really catch which person the bar man had indicated. All Spector's glance told him was almost every person in the joint was of the ork persuasion. Damon thought about orks' low light vision and wondered if they could see just fine in the dimness.

Before the bartender could move on, Spector had him send the rigger another of whatever the rigger was drinking, tipped the bar man generously for the drinks and the information, and watched to whom the drink was delivered. A male ork at the far end of the bar with what looked to be industrial strength cyber legs received the drink from the bartender who nodded back toward Spector indicating where it came from. When the ork looked inquisitively at Spector, Spector walked to the end of the bar and took the stool next to the rigger.

"I'm not really into guys," the ork said.

Spector suppressed a grin and asked, "Are you into making a few cred this afternoon?"

"Still not into guys," the ork said, "unless you are offering way more than a few cred." Now the ork cracked a tusky smile.

"No sex involved. I just need help moving some vehicles from place to place," Spector said. "It shouldn't take more than a few hours and no border crossings. I'm thinking around 300 cred."

"I was thinking more like 1000 cred to get my duff off this stool on my day off," the ork said.

"Look, it's early," Spector said, "let's settle at 500 cred and you can be back to reclaim your stool when the big time Mr. Johnsons come around this evening. Before you try splitting the difference on me, let me just say that there is always the chance for some bonuses if you know what you're doing as vehicles are not my strong point."

"Ok," the ork said, "let's say I agree. Is anyone likely to be shooting or chasing us as we move these vehicles?"

"No," Spector said, "I don't think so. I'm not asking for a getaway driver. If you want more details, we'll have to discuss them after I know you are in."

The rigger considered it for a moment, mostly just to seem not too anxious to accept the job. "Ok, I'm in. Let's go to my office," the ork said and moved to a booth in the corner of the room.

Before getting too far into the details, Spector asked if the rigger knew of anyone else that could help or at least drive a motorcycle, figuring they likely weren't set up for remote rigger operation.

The rigger indicated another ork sitting alone at a table for two. "I saw him ride up on a bike after I got here. He looks like he needs work."

Spector approached the table, and asked if he could join him. The ork was young and sported a blue bandana around his bicep. Spector wondered if it was a display of gang colors.

"Mind if I join you?" Spector asked.

"Sure," the man said, even using his foot to ease the other chair away from the table for Spector to sit.

"I hear you ride. Are you looking for work?" Spector asked.

"What kind of work?"

"Moving some vehicles, some of them motorcycles. Shouldn't take more than a few hours this afternoon. It pays 300 cred," Spector said.

"Sounds like a 1000 cred job to me, but if you are offering the same bonuses, we can settle on the same 500," the ork biker said with a smile. "And I'm not into guys either."

Spector sort of liked these two guys. "Then want to join us in his office?" Spector asked, hooking a thumb over his shoulder toward the rigger.

The rigger introduced himself as Skid Mark and the bike rider said people called him Knuckles. Spector said he went by Rev and outlined the job to the two orks.

"I had a bit of a run in with a group that tried to rob me and I sort of turned the tables on them," Rev said. "They have several vehicles that I plan on taking from them as a lesson in manners. Which is why I came here looking for a rigger or several. There were some motorcycles, so I figured a bike rider might help speed up the task. So that is why I chose you two. Still interested?"

"And it pays 500 cred with the possibility of bonuses?" Skid asked. "How many vehicles, what are the chances we run into opposition, and what are these bonuses?"

"As many vehicles as we can get rolling in about an hour," Rev said. "I want to get going asap to avoid running into further opposition and the bonuses I have in mind depend on how things go upon delivery. I think the prospects of it being a 1k job or better are pretty good."

"If you need a few more people," Knuckles said, "I think I know where I could find a few. And they all ride."

Rev asked, "Will you vouch for them?"

Knuckles considered for a moment and said, "Yes."

"Want to call them to meet us here?"

*****

They reached the chop shop with no more incident than being distracted by one of the orks unpleasant odor. Rev kept trying to put his finger on what it smelled like but each time he thought he had put his finger on it, he realized that wasn't quite it. Trying to put the odor mystery aside, Rev approached the building and tried to recall exactly what his orders had been to his spirits. Not wanting to cause a catastrophe by having his new recruits attacked by the spirits he left guarding the place, Rev asked Stony to restate his last command.

Stony said, "Subdue any man who tried to talk or get up, along with anyone besides himself or those accompanying him who entered the building." Deciding to not risk a mistake if any of those accompanying him talked, Spector relieved the spirits of their last task then led the group into the building. One of those behind Rev let out a low whistle upon seeing the crammed interior, and Spector wondered if it was hard for orks to whistle with tusks jutting from their lower jaw.

Some of the group Knuckles had brought along recognized the chop shop crew and said as much as they strolled past the bound men. As Smelly passed by the one who had earlier wanted to kill Rev, the bound man tried ranting past the rag jammed in his mouth. Spector wasn't sure but it sounded something like he knew who they were and he would kill them all. Did he recognize them from the little snips they said or does he recognize Smelly's scent?

Rev listened as Skid Mark said, "I'll get busy and make sure all the tracking devices are disabled, then see how many are rigger ready and prepare those for remote operation."

As Rev said, "Can the ones with autonav be programmed...," Smelly picked up the silenced pistol from the work bench and calmly stepped over to the still ranting man lying bound on the floor and double tapped him with two shots to the back of the head.

"What the...!" Rev started to say, then thought what a turn of events. The guy says I need to be killed, I somehow get out of being killed, I'm in the process of taking quite a few possessions from the entire group which would have been avoided by killing me. The guy who had the foresight to avert the retribution now finds himself dead, which would not have happened if he had went ahead and killed me. Maybe I should go ahead and kill them all while I have the opportunity? No. No one needed to die over the situation. The guy brought it on himself by making threats. Especially making threats of payback while he was at the mercy of those he threatened. In a way, he was asking for it. Now, I'm an accessory to a murder. I suppose if it comes back to me I could explain how I wasn't in a position to stop it and might have been the next one to take a dirt nap. Of course, they'll likely point out I was the one who had put the dead guy in that position in the first place. If I react too much, they might decide to turn on me.

Rev remembered the commandeered taser and went down the line of bound, blindfolded men tasering them unconscious and then said, "You can keep that gun, but I'd appreciate it if you ask me if you can kill anyone else before just doing it. Put them in the office and close the door so they are less likely to identify us if they come to." I'd like to tell Smelly he needs to deal with the dead body, but that might mean a confrontation where he would be outnumbered and at several disadvantages. Better just prepare as I can and try to avoid losing command of this operation. Calling to his spirits, Rev ordered those with the power to confuse to use it on anyone who attacked him. Two with concealment were ordered to use it on any of his group of spirits that materialized and upon Spector if any one attacked him. Lastly he commanded the spirits to subdue any who attacked him or his group of spirits.

As Knuckles's guys moved the unconscious stolen car ring, Skid continued almost like nothing had happened. Or He'd like me to believe he isn't fazed by this Spector thought. I have got to erase any astral signatures. Did I touch anything and leave prints? Frag! Now I have to cover up a murder, too.

"We can program those with autonav to go to a location. I'll assign as many of the rigged ones to my control deck as I have room for, then we can program any with autonav but lacking rigger controls. We can also load as many as possible into the vehicles, like some of the bikes and especially all these drones. I'm kind of surprised all these are still in one piece instead of disassembled."

"I wasn't that worried about the drones," Spector said.

Skid's eyebrows rose in surprise. "Really?" he said, "there are some of them way more valuable than the bikes and a few of the cars."

Now it was Spector's turn to be surprised. "Really?" he said, "I didn't know they were that valuable. Or are some of the bikes not worth that much?"

"Lucky you ran into me," Skid said, thinking if I weren't such an honest guy, or had thought a bit quicker, I'd have said they weren't worth much and then come back here and loaded them up for myself. "Actually, if you want to just give me that one," Skid motioned to a Iron Tiger™, "I'll take it instead of the cash and any bonus you wanted to throw in."

Spector shrugged and said, "Sounds fine to me. Looks like you've already started earning the bonus by pointing out the drones are more valuable than I realized."

Having made his way over to the table the men had been sitting around when Spector had originally visited the chop shop, Knuckles raised the PlayOrk® and said, "Check this out."

One of his recruits said, "I've already seen that issue. She's all right, but I've seen better."

"That's not what I was referring to," Knuckles said. "There's an entire list of vehicles here with prices," he said indicating writing in the margin down most of the length of the fold out centerfold. He looked around. "It looks like they have about three fourths of everything on this list. Any idea who they were assembling the collection for? If we knew, we might have a ready made buyer and likely at better prices than if you need to fence them yourself."

"You might look in the office and see if you can find anything about the buyer. Or check the cell phones," Rev said. "I guess if we wanted, we could put the question to the guys in there. It looks like you may have earned your bonus."

They learned who the buyer was.

tisoz
tisoz
44 Followers
12