A Life Not Spent With You Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carefully, he laid over his lover, his face just above Damien's abdomen, still bearing a few nail marks where drunken hands probably couldn't remain still enough to actually land on the jean button the first try.Maybe that fucking bastard didn't even unbutton them, just yanked them off...Being a werewolf he probably could've done that... Very careful not to let his growl be heard, the last thing he wanted was to make Damien think he was angry, Ivan whispered a few sweet words, pressing gentle kisses on the younger's squirming abdomen. There was no sound of giggles or moans like the way he used to, Ivan realized this.Oh Dami... Although he loved to touch Damien, pleasure him, he didn't want to now. His assault had been far too recent, barely 12 hours past and a blindfold was not the way to help his lover start to get over it.

But he was so brave. So brave to even try to overcome this horrible event, let alone with him. Damien mentioned just once that he looked alot like his first "lover", rapist. To even think of trying this was enough, let alone try to go through with it. It took a few moments to steel himself to do such a cruel but kind thing. Even as he began to take hold of the younger's hips, he knew this would go over that fine line of present and past, scaring Damien. And on purpose too. Suckling just past his lover's abdomen, Ivan closed his eyes, feeling the immediate tensing, felt the too-sharp gasp.

"I-Ivan!" He painfully made a shushing sound, continuing just a little bit more before his name was nearly screamed as he went lower.

"S-Say something! I-Ivan? "

He didn't answer, knowing it'd frighten Damien even more.

"D-Don't! Please don't! No! G-get away!"

He made his lover sob. It didn't make him cry but only grow angrier inside. Rising up onto his knees, Ivan quickly sought for the blindfold knot,

"Baby, shh, shh, don't cry. Don't cry, it's me. It's Ivan." The younger still thrashed, crying, barely breathing at the rate he was screaming, sobbing more. He was cruel, but it was for the best. Intentionally upseting the younger was something he'd think upon later, reproaching himself to the point of believing he wasn't worthy to even love Damien. He gently took hold of his lover's face, tucked bangs behind his ear, directing his frantic gaze to look at him,

"It's me, it's me, sweetheart..." He saw recognization set in, then such shame and sorrow filled those sparkling cinnamon eyes. Carefully, he lifted the younger from the bed, having him sit up before wrapping him loosely in an embrace, tucking his chin in his shoulder.

A non-constricting hug broke the spell, the nightmare. Weeping, he threw his arms around Ivan and held onto for dear life. The arms around him did so as well, following his lead. The tight circle happened after he did so, not before.

"I-I'm sorry! Ivan, I, I thought I could do it! I couldn't, but don't leave me, don't leave me! I promise I'll get better! B-but please go slow, please Ivan..." Ivan started to sway him, kiss behind his ear, whisper that he would go slow and that he'd always love him. It was the last thing he heard before he suddenly lost consiousness.

Whether if was because of Damien's narcolepsy or it was too much, Ivan knew his lover was gone for hours.

Drawing the other into his lap, he set his lover's cheek against his cheek, brushing his fingers over the bruised skin, closing his eyes. He listened to the other's heartbeat, glad that he could hear it. So many things could've happened while Damien was in Marcel's control - Marcel could've been extremely rough, shattering bones, Dami's pelvis. It made him wonder if Marcel took his lover face on or had him bent over, taking him from behind; maybe both ways, countless other ways. Kissing the smaller man's lips, Ivan laid himself back, keeping Damien nestled against his side. Bringing the blankets over them, he tucked it over Damien's shoulder, hiding the mating bite from sight.

There was no choice but share Damien with a monster.

*

This was stupid, like having a deathwish and seeking something dangerous. Technically he was, but rather he be killed now than later. Gathering as much willpower and courage, he left the dock and crossed the gangplank - if one of the other werewolves hadn't told him that Ivan lived in a houseboat, he would've been searching streets for hours, probably trying to sniff him out with many swears. Hoping this bravado could last the guaranteed icy wind he'd get from Ivan, Marcel knocked loudly on the door.

Cursing under his breath, he lifted Damien off his chest, setting him down with much care. Glancing at the clock, he was surprised to see it was nearly noon already - the morning was well spent, running fingers through Damien's feathery locks, kissing his nose, shushing his small sounds of discomfort. Stretching, he searched for his shirt, giving a reply to the louder knocking.

Everything he planned to say went blank the moment the blond-haired man opened the door, the look on his face displaying all intents to slam the door.

"If Damien wasn't asleep right now, I'd slam the door."

Ah, so he was right. Gaze shifting from that smoldering face, Marcel stared at the silver snake piercing on one of Ivan's ears - silver, didn't that burn his skin?

"-doing here?" He dared to glance at the other's face once more before looking away to look at the door. Resting on the doorknob was hand with two gold bands around the ring finger - was Ivan engaged?Ah, maybe with, what's his name...Ah shit, Damien... He forgot the young puppy's name already. How...Sad.

"S-Sorry, I'm sorry, Ivan. I, don't even know if I should even call you that." The bastard started, clearly flustered at the way he kept his gaze away, slipping on his words; hardly pleased, Ivan continued to glare,

"I'm waiting to hear why you're here." He glanced at the bouquet in the other's hands, his eyes growing darker with dislike, "You better not be returning those or I swear-"

"Ah, no! I wanted to thank him, I was wandering around last night, never did, make it home..."Whoop-de-fucking-do... He gave a humorless laugh,

"Don't you have some regular ditch you fall in when you're piss-faced? I thought alcohol and drugs were against pack laws, why are you allowed to drink?"

Immediately, he stared at the ground, unable to answer. It only made Ivan more angry it seemed,

"So why are you here?"

"I realized that, um, roses aren't common around here. I mean, M-Marie grew them and she is, was the only one that did around here..." Mustering courage again, he looked Ivan in the face, focusing on his eyes, "He went out to the next town, didn't he? Bought these," He held up the flowers for a moment, "For me, didn't he?" He didn't wait for an answer, "He must have, I somehow don't think he'd snip these up from a garden that isn't his..."

There was no point continuing. Backing away, he shrugged uselessly,

"Hey, tell him...No, nevermind, sorry to bother you."That's right, get out of here quickly. Saving his skin was instinct now, struggling while he still could, fleeing for his own life.

"Wait. The pack leaders tell me that another ritual can take place, that I can mark him as well and share him with you." The word "share" was spoken with a hiss, "They say it can be done tonight. They need you present, will you come?"

He agreed, and started walking up the gangplank.

"Why are they allowing this? Mates mate for life, one can only be marked by one - why are they allowing this? How come they allow your terrible drinking?"

"I..." He faltered, his breath suddenly lost. It would've been only so long before someone questioned his habit. "I can't answer that, Ivan."

12