A Long Stormy Night Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RonDixen
RonDixen
30 Followers

"Virgil you stupid son-of-a-bitch, we've wasted too much time, if that cop calls for reinforcements we're fucked, it's time to cut our loses and move the hell on. Now get your mind out the gutter and let's end this thing, come on."

Jenny limps outside screaming and falls face first in the mud. This proved to be the breaking point for her. She starts crying and decides she no longer can fight to stay alive.

She hears an engine roaring and coming in her direction. She doesn't move, her will broken, she awaits her fate, when a strong familiar voice calls out to her.

"Jennifer, are you okay?"

Suddenly the sound of Lance's voice gave her hope, strengthening her resolve. His large dark hands take hold of her, lifting her in to his arms, carrying and placing her inside the vehicle.

"I thought you might be...I thought you were..."

"Dead, nah baby, I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a couple of redneck assholes kill me, not without me killing them first...oh shit!"

The shotgun blast shatters the back window, spraying glass all over the vehicle. Lance, switches gears into reverse, charging his attackers, preventing Clem from getting off another shot.

Spinning the car around quickly, he drives back up the hill.

"Why haven't you called for backup," Jenny inquired.

"The storms knocked the radios out, we're on our own at this point. The main road's up ahead, once we get on that, we'll put some dis..."

Jake fires his handgun into the windshield of the approaching car. Although Lance manages to avoid getting hit, the shattering glass temporarily blocks his vision along with the rain. By the time he's able to recover, he crashes the car into a tree.

Groggy and stunned, the law officer, shakes his head to clear his vision. A glance in what's left of the side view mirror, allows him to see Clem, Jake and Virgil rapidly approaching.

"Jen...Jen come on lady wake up, wake up," Lance shouts to the unconscious woman. With no time to lose, he opens the door, races around to the passenger side, lifts, and carries her away from the scene, avoiding the gunfire of the treacherous three.

With his shoulder bleeding profusely, exhausted and still dazed by the collision, the hardcore lawman, staggers through the woods, trying to maintain his balance, see in the darkness and hold the unconscious woman in his arms.

"They went that way Pops," Virgil shouts once he reaches the vehicle.

"Take your time boys, they're both all fucked up, I'd say, their just about shit out of...Goddamnit...Goddamnit, do you hear that."

"Hear what Pops," Jake asked.

"Shit, it sounds like sirens heading this way."

"What like police sirens, his youngest son inquired."

"No like the sirens you hear after you washed the wax out your ears fool, of course it's the police."

"What should we do Pop," Jake turned to his father.

"Clear the hell out of here, if we go back to that house down the road, maybe they're just passing through."

"But what about that cop and the girl," Virgil interjected.

"Hold it right there, all of you," a commanding voice calls.

The three men turn to see three officers approaching. The leading officer takes note of Clem holding the shotgun. "Okay buddy, put that weapon down now."

"No problem officer, what's going on?"

The officer shines a flashlight in their faces, "what the hell are you doing out here in this storm?"

"Well officer we came to visit our cousin down yonder," he points down the hill, but he went away for a few days, so he left us in charge of his home. Well what do ya know, the lights go out and all hell breaks loose. Some damn African American tried to rob the house. We got our guns and chased them off."

"Who are you," the officer inquired.

"My name's John DeMint and these are my two sons, Claude and Calvin, we're from out west, please to meet you sir.'

"Please to meet you too Mister DeMint. You didn't happened to see an officer during your journey out here, have you?"

"Why no sir, as a matter of fact I wished we did, it sure could make us feel a little better tonight, if we knew that weasel was behind bars."

"Well we had some reports about a fire out here, but then we heard the gun shots and that's why we came over to investigate. We'll come back through here a few hours from now to check on you. In the meantime, you fellas seemed well armed so just keep your eyes and ears open. We'll sweep the area and see what we come up with, but for now, return to your home, and keep your doors locked.

"That we will officer... that we will."

"Good enough, we'll be on our way, now. Listen out for us when we come back round here."

"Don't worry officer, I'm just happy to know you guys are in the area."

"Good enough, see you later."

"Not if I have anything to do with it," Clem snickered.

"Boy Pop, we sure are lucky, if they'd stopped further down they would've seen the car..." Jake's words came to an abrupt end, when his father slapped the hat off his head.

"Keep your voice down fool, they're still in earshot."

"But what do we do now," Virgil asked.

"We do like the officer said. We go back to our cousin's house, rustle up some food, and then make our way back to that bitch's house and finish this once and for all."

"You mean that house we just came from, wow...so that really is our cousin."

Clem simply rolls his eyes and ignores his young son.

"But suppose they get away, and what if those cops come back?"

"Yeah or supposed they meet up with those cops,' Jake added.

"Don't you worry none Boys, them two are in a bad way. I saw the blood in that cop's car, you nicked him pretty good Jake, and that woman's too shaken up too go far. Now the way I see it, the only way they could flag down those cops, is to go past us and they haven't. Those cops got enough on their hands with that fire and as for our two friends, they'll hold up in her place, licking their wounds, by the time they're ready to move again, we'll be on their asses now let's go eat."

Jenny and Lance struggle to make it back inside her home. When she awoke, they were both lying in a small lake not far from her place. His uniform soaked in blood Lance seemed incoherent and with the three lunatics searching for them, it seemed a miracle she could keep him conscious long enough to get home. Her proud strong black warrior had just enough strength to make it to her sofa before finally passing out. His thick full lips were chaffed and cracked, his breathing swallow and his skin seemed pale, she knew that things could get much worst if she didn't do something soon.

While attempting to remove his shirt, she noticed that the man stopped breathing. Her heart skipped a beat as she checked for a pulse and discovered he had none.

"Oh my god...he's...he's dead!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

RonDixen
RonDixen
30 Followers
12