A Long Walk Home Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,495 Followers

He lay on his side, finally leaving her heated flesh with a reluctant groan. Rayne's hair was wild around her head, her eyes smoky with satisfied passion. He reached out and smoothed her hair back gently so he had an unobstructed view.

"Mine," she whispered softly, an expression of such happiness on her face it almost brought him to tears.

"Yours," he whispered back, leaning forward to gently caress her lips with his.

"How did you know you were immune to my venom?" He was still annoyed with himself for losing control enough to bite her. He'd no facts to back up what she'd told him. He should have waited to be sure he wouldn't inadvertently kill her. His irritation was evident in his voice.

"You're angry because you trusted me?"

Her response shocked him and he frowned deeply. "Never, Sarayne, I trust you with my life. I'm just not accustomed to others knowing more about things than I do. I like to have facts before I act on something."

A slow smile spread across her face and she rubbed a hand against his chest soothingly. "You like to be in control," she countered with a laugh, the slight tightening of his lips confirming it. She sighed softly and brushed her fingers over his mouth. "I knew I was immune because I'm immune to all vampire venom."

Gard was so shocked he couldn't speak. It was impossible, completely unheard of. "How do you know?" He was sure he didn't want to hear the answer to that question.

"I've been bitten a few times over the centuries. Not mating bites though. The ones meant to kill me on the spot. Pissed off a few vampires I can tell you." She deliberately made light of it, knowing he would struggle hearing that some of his people had tried to kill her.

A muscle clenched in the side of his jaw and she could almost hear his teeth grinding. "How have we never heard about this?" His calm words didn't match the murderous fury in his eyes.

"The vampires were only pissed off for a very brief moment."

Her answer was curt, her tone telling him she would elaborate no further. She didn't need to. The only way this knowledge could have been contained was if the vampires responsible were dead. Which meant Rayne was strong enough to take vampire lives.

He was astounded at the thought and yet immensely proud too. Knowing his mate was so strong soothed his protective streak slightly. It also generated new questions. "The children?"

Rayne sighed softly, a smile gracing her lips. "They are like me, Gard. They will eclipse me because they have something precious which I didn't; they have parents who love them and will nurture them as they grow into themselves. They are the future."

As much as he loved the children no one could ever eclipse his Sarayne. She was one of a kind. "They have you too, Kitty. How could they possibly go wrong?"

Gard pulled his mate into his arms, kissing her long and deep and oh so sensually. How could anyone go wrong having his cat in their lives?

To be continued...

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,495 Followers