A Loser Rebounds Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh yes, speedier turns and greater endurance will improve my game, I know that relates to strength. Oh thanks, please write me a program. Um what about improving my breast development?"

"You are a bit behind your contemporaries eh?"

"Yes and it has been such a bitch."

"Then I suggest more sex to release more hormones."

"Oh god," Alice wailed while the rest of the family laughed and eyed Andy as if wondering was he a knowledgeable adviser or a charlatan.

Andy and taken Addison to her home by cab because he knew he'd be drinking and as he stood waiting for the cab weaving slightly, he knew that had been a wise decision.

Addison was giving him sloppy kisses and she said, "I believe today you became a winner with my second family. God at one stage I thought Rachel was going to offer it to you and her mom calling you her handsome boy and pushing her fingers through your hair."

"By that stage she was half drunk."

"Yes but the interesting fact is I've never seen her like that. I believe she thinks you are very cute. You have the right touch to really tease her and she likes it. Probably her father and her brother used to tease her. My dad is too pragmatic to know how to tease."

Andy said, "Oh here's the cab."

"I wish you weren't going. I'd like you to fuck me."

Andy stroked her face and said, "Do you wish to move in with me; I could apply for a larger apartment in the same block I'm in without breaking my lease?"

"Could I let you know about that?"

"Sure, give me a kiss. I must go."

Andy enquired about a larger apartment next day and was told two basically furnished apartments were available. He went and inspected them and took the more expensive one with good views over many rooftops. It had two bedrooms and the kitchen was entirely separate. He like it and knew he could afford it. He shifted in that evening and knew he was on to a winner because of the view and it was on the right side for sunsets. The following evening he purchased some more furnishings including two paintings and a couple of throw mats, two floor lamps and an additional coffee table.

On the third afternoon he picked up Addison from work when she called she was ready and drove into a different parking area and she didn't appear to notice. But she did notice the change of elevator and said, "We are going to the wrong elevator."

She saw him stupid grin and said, "Oh you've changed apartments in the expectation I'd say yes."

"You were ready to come. But first you wanted to discuss the move with your mom and with Aunt Alice."

"They both have no objection and believe I'll be very happy."

"And both told you to marry me as soon as you can?"

Addison turned beetroot red.

"I'm sorry and I think it's lovely they wish you to live like a decent woman. I'll marry you."

Addison gaped.

"Truly I will but let's not rush it. Let's talk about it eight weeks from the day you move in."

"Omigod," was all Addison could manage and began to shake. She was hugged and kissed.

A month after Addison moved in with Andy, she presented his proposal for expansion into the areas beyond the boundaries of the former Thurso Foods' distribution area to the board of Silver Foods Corporation, the company that had acquired and merged Thurso Foods into its operations.

Addison had prepared the film to illustrate aspects of the proposed project brilliantly. It included interviews with Andy and general comments from his consultants, aerial views of the four cities and statistics of their fresh and frozen food servicing operations and the estimated business share of the principal food distributors in each city.

"Mr Ash will now complete the presentation," Addison said.

The chairman said, "Thank you young lady. The use of film, graphics and succinct comments in that presentation on such a complex proposed expansion plan has allowed us to clearly grasp the fundamentals of this proposal. Well done."

Linda who'd bawled out Andy for the amount of money he had spent on the investigation, squirmed in her chair and glanced slightly apologetically at Andy.

Andy said, "We have spent a lot of time and money developing this expansion concept to ensure you, as the board of this company, go into this venture with eyes wide open. Initially it might seem expensive and perhaps even fool-hardy, but I have used our company resources and paid consultants to gather a raft of information and produce staged development, complete with estimated costs, to indicate just what is involved and to demonstrate with projections of estimated earnings in the years ahead."

Andy said, "Clearly those figures beginning five years out when the four-city business group has completed full three years in operation as a business group, we expect to have reached profitability to justify this out-reach program. Our business is selling product and distributing it. Given that we are correct in all our appraisals and the drive to generate the new business succeeds to achieve or even exceed our projected targets, then this expansion will go down as one of the landmark trading decisions in the history of this corporation."

"All the information I have referred to you is contained in the report Miss Ryan will hands to each board member and the CEO in a couple of minutes. I now conclude with the principal recommendations which are:

1.That we proceed with this venture.

2.That we begin with Phase 1, which is to start up a branch of our fresh and frozen distribution business in Rockford.

3.After successful establishment has been proven and assessed, to use that experience to simultaneously established branches in Aurora, Naperville and Joliet, with a regional warehouse established in Naperville to also service Aurora and Joliet.

4.That a regional manager be based at the Naperville warehouse who shall be under the control of the corporation's fresh and frozen foods divisional manager.

5.That at the start of Phase 1, suitable existing distribution business be purchased in Aurora, Naperville and Joliet with a suitable handover date be negotiated to fit in with the corporation's outreach master plan."

"Our consultants agree without reservation the best way to go by far is to expand by acquiring one or more existing fresh and frozen distribution businesses to quickly gain significant footholds in those four separate markets and to expand from there."

Andy then asked for questions and dealt with them.

The chairman thanked them and Andy and Addison left the meeting.

Addison asked, "Do you think the board will give the green lights this afternoon?"

"No, they will instruct Linda to hire an independent business development consultant to review our proposals."

And that's what happened but it only delayed board approval by two weeks.

Linda, Andy and Addison then presented the proposed project to divisional manager Rex Pennington and his executives at the corporation's fresh and frozen foods division. Rex had been regularly briefed about the project by Andy from the time he began working on it.

The expansion project was then handed over to the corporation's business development team with Rex appointed as project manager.

Linda was very happy that Andy and Addison had 'found each other' as she called it and they often had a meal out together, sometimes with Addison's mom as well.

Andy found after delivery of his report for the four-city expansion proposal, work was becoming a little boring, too routine for his likening. On deciding that, he took Addison out to dinner as usual and proposed.

She said, shocked, "But you said two months and we'd talk about it?"

"Yeah but that was then. Oh getting cold feet?"

"No," she said, smiling sweetly. "But I often have wondered if you would."

Andy had the waiter top up their glasses.

"Do we fit well together?"

She said yes.

"Do we argue?"

"No."

"Do you have to hound me over anything?"

She thought and said no, he was such an obliging boy.

"Then I let's get married, I've only thought of marrying two women and the other one is now married."

"Okay let's do it. You buy me a ring and take me to show Aunt Alice and Uncle Bob and my parents and your parents and then we'll get married."

"That sounds fine. I like it. But if you really want an engagement party we can have it."

"No if people wish to congratulate me they can do it at the wedding."

They purchased a ring and showed it to Addison's virtual foster parents, her parents and Andy's parents.

She loved being at the ranch and met Angelina and her parents. Angelina was pregnant and had with her a great little two-year old boy who followed Andy around like a dog.

On the flight home Addison said, "I found your mother is so adorable but your father scared me a bit and he looks vacant at times and yet he was well-mannered. He doesn't lift a finger around the house."

"Yeah that's a good impression of my dad," Andy sighed.

"You are not overly keen about my mother."

"Yeah that's right but I'm not thinking of marrying her."

The wedding invitations were sent out and cousin Rachel was chosen as chief bridesmaid and Andy's pal from college, Rick, was chosen as best man. It was supposed to be a small wedding until Addison's mother, Emily Ryan, got into the act but Andy advised Addison and he did not want a big wedding and he restricted her to a list of twenty people.

"But it's not possible to reduce eight-three people to a list of twenty?"

"Try it you could find it easier than you thought."

"Addison?"

"I think Andy has got it right."

"God Addison, he's got you under his thumb already."

Addison ignored that.

"Oh Emily, that list of twenty is to include you and Allan."

Emily burst into tears and fled.

"God you are a tough cuss," Addison sighed. "She was almost coming around to your thinking."

"No one slanders my betrothed," he said.

Addison looked at him rather enthralled.

* * *

Linda called Andy to his office at 11:30, saying she had the board chairman, Donald Grace, with her and they wished to have a meeting with him.

Andy scratched his nuts thinking he might be asked to add Springfield and Peoria to the expansion project.

After the exchange of greetings, Donald said, "Linda tells me you are soon to marry that young woman who assisted you with the presentation to the board about the four-city expansion."

"Yes, in two weeks."

"Congratulations. Any plans for after the honeymoon?"

"My plan is to continue working here unless you want to let me go."

Appearing to ignore that, Donald said, "And your wife?"

"She is unsure of what her next move will be. She and her business partner have received a buyout offer."

"So Linda has told me," Donald smiled. "We are looking at expansion of the fresh and frozen business and with that in mind, the board would like to set up a base for such expansion in Australia. It has been suggested you might be our man to explore that possibility. Our thinking is you'd be away for four to six months."

"That certainly sounds like a challenge and I could be interested but would need to know details and would need to talk to my wife-to-be."

"Yes of course. Well Andy you do sound interested. I'll leave it to Linda to fill in details. She was at that board meeting of course and the details of how this is to be executed are over to her."

Linda said she'd take Andy to lunch in fifteen minutes.

He called Addison.

"Hi have you and Bob considered that partial or full acquisition offer for your business yet."

"We were discussing it but I saw you were my caller so I've interrupted our discussion to talk to my darling."

"I've been offered a temporary posting in Sydney, Australia, to look at setting up an operation for Silver Corporation to establish its fresh and frozen sale and delivery business, starting there from scratch of course."

"When?"

"I'll know more when I return from honeymoon."

"Omigod you could be there for months?"

"Yes and there would be no entry problems into Australia because I'd be looking at setting up a multi-million dollar American investment business that would employ Australians."

"This is what you wanted, a new challenge. You'd want me to accompany you I assume?"

"Either that or I don't go."

"Oh you are dumping on me. I can do without this."

"No I'm not landing the problem on you. All I ask is would you be interest in going if you guys accept the offer or you can sell your partnership?"

"Yes."

"Find that's all I need to know at this stage. Have a joyful day."

"You have dumped on me. Bye Andy."

To Be Continued...

12