A Loving Wife Dies

Story Info
Terminal woman makes a last confession.
1k words
3.19
148.6k
48
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
H20wader
H20wader
304 Followers

It is indeed a very old story but it is one that must be told again and remembered. A life time of love and happiness, and a loving family is very important to all of us. I only wish this was fiction.

She was dying. The last days were here. After 3 years of cancer, she was at the end of her fight. The Doctor that had broke the cancer news to us way back then broke it to the survivors

Our four children:

Our oldest son, Paul, 40, his Wife Joan 36, with three children

Our oldest daughter Patricia 37, her husband George 39, with 4 children

Our youngest son, Alfred and his significant other Seymour both 33

Our baby girl Rachael 30 and her husbands James 32 and Ralph 28. With 2 children

Rachael was always my favorite. She looked just like her mama. Same saucy smile. Same eyes. I had to work overtime in the Ford plant to buy her the Prom dress she wanted and the new coat to wear over the dress. The shoes were not cheap either. And the beauty shop was almost $50. She looked just like Martha, as she left the house with her date.

We were all prepared for the news but it still hit us all hard. She was finally going to die. We hugged each other and cried.

Dr. Johnson asked to see me alone. We went into a tiny office and sat down.

"She has known for three days. She asked to be told first before the family. I did that

She also asked that since she can no longer write that a message be left for you. Only the person who took down what she said and your wife know the contents of this message."

He handed me a sealed envelope. He waited in case I need help.

We were married in our church 45 years ago. The young priest that married us is there. It has been a good life. Four children. Each happy with the life they have chosen. My wife will turn 65 in two days. I loved her from the first time I saw her kneeling in that church. I saw her again later as she left the confessional booth. I walk her home. Soon we were dating and soon we were married.

Before we were married, she told me she was not a virgin. Her priest had insisted that she tell me that but only that. I knew nothing about her previous encounters with any one. I loved her. I knew she love me and we would be in love forever.

We did not have it easy. Money problems, Alfred was gay. Rachael needed two men to be happy. We struggled and cried and somehow we were together now.

I open the envelope. There was a single page. It was handwritten by someone with a very good hand.

*

Max, please forgive me.

The priest was here for the final rites. I confessed my sins. He said I had to tell you so you could forgive me and I can get into heaven.

I have had lovers during our marriage. Twenty one lovers. I do not remember all the names but the priest said that was not important.

None of the children are yours. All were fathered by one of the men I met when I could slip away for a few minutes. I am sorry we did not have our very own baby, but it seems that you were busy on the days I was most fertile. I did have the DNA checked last year just to be sure. I think Paul is your brother's child. Alfred, I am sure belongs to your old boss Raymond. Rachael may be Rob Henderson's. I have no idea who fathered Patricia. There were so many about that time. You were such a good father, working all that overtime to pay for the colleges and braces and prom dresses.

It started when I was 15. Sex was just so good I wanted all I could get. I also wanted a loving husband and I selected you. You had been the best husband a woman could have.

You were there for the babies; you were such a wonderful father. You even changed more diapers than I did and all those late night feedings when I was tired. I was so glad you were my husband.

I know this is a shock. But everyone knows about this. The children were told when they graduated from college. My family and your family knew. I told them you had approved and would not want to talk about it. Not a one of them ever mentioned it to you. They were really wonderful people. I will say that the apple of your eye Rachael hated me for years after I told her. But she finally had two husbands and found out what a lot of good sex meant. No one ever ruined our happiness and our marriage by telling you. That made me feel so good.

I do want your forgiveness. It will make it easier for me to get into heaven. The priest has given me this penitence of confessing to you. I have done it. I can now go to my God in peace.

Your loving wife,

Martha.

*

The code red was sounded. But we were too late. I pronounced him dead in the small office. The heart that was so strong all those years just quit. We could not start it again. The message I placed in my pocket. She had requested that only he know of it. I did read it and I decided that I had not read it. I burned it.

I really believed he knew. Everyone believed he knew and no one told him for 45 years. He had a happy marriage and a very good life.

They were buried together five days later. May they rest in peace.

Dr. Johnson

H20wader
H20wader
304 Followers