A Mage's Tale Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Here a couple of wash cloths and some of that bath oil you gave me for my birthday last year." Liz says handing them over the side of the tub to Val.

"Did you look over those papers?" Val asked as if we were just sitting at a table.

"Yeah and to tell you they gave me a headache. On top of that what's with those time tables? Whoever came up with those is totally crazy. I mean how are you all gonna get all those buildings done in five weeks. What week has ten days in it anyway?"

"I did, first off and the timetables are in hours not days." Val said as she ran a soapy wash cloth over her upper chest.

"Five days?" I ask in disbelief as I look back over the timetables.

"We have been setting things up for two years now. Coarse that stunt with that bet almost fucked everything to hell and back." Val said.

"He didn't know." Liz added.

"I know that, Liz. Which is why things are still on track with the plan." Val says messaging oil over her breasts.

"Does this plan involve these death trap of land contracts?" I ask holding them toward her.

"Yes."

"Why would you gamble like this?" I ask in total astonishment.

"Because Vilkirk has already lost, just like those girls last night. He thinks he has claim over this province and has been double dealing behind the kings back in an attempt on the throne. What Vilkirk doesn't know is the king has been watching this since day one. See I already own this entire valley. Vilkirk thinks he's selling the kings land and he can steal it. When in fact he is selling my land to me."

"Why would you do that?"

"No one other then you, Liz here and one other person know that I already own it. When Vilkirk tries to fuck me over, even if he manages to by some unforeseen fluke. He is the one jumping into the hangmans noose."

"So the only other person who knows is the king?" I ask.

"Yup, and the side bets on how fast we can build it are going to pad the coffers of this place for the next six years." Val chirps with personal satisfaction.

"How are you getting bets?" I ask bewildered.

"You really are a sheltered mage. Educated dumb." Val says as she stands and starts to wash her legs. "There are 30 of us that will own the Vale. To keep from drawling unwanted attention we spread out. Setting up little guilds and pawn shops in all the big cities. None of the big guilds would let us get away with building a school like this if they thought we really could."

"Tell him about Cathy, Val." Liz chimes in.

"Shoosh you," Val says as she flips water at the halfling, "The big 'they' think I am a loon to be taken advantage of. This school plan has been my goal for twenty-five years. I have a friend named Cathy that saved my life. She has a different title now thou.. Her Majesty."

"Why drag me here? If you have been planning this for so long, why risk dragging an outsider like me into it?" asking as I stand up.

"You are an outsider." Val states, "And more of a wild card then I bargained for. However you looked over those papers and gave me a honest opinion. Liz likes you and apparently trusts you enough to wander around naked in front of. An amazing feat in that. Your completely unbiased."

"And totally trapped..." I state flatly knowing there is no escape for me now.

"Of coarse." Valkyrie continues, "You are here to watch events and report them to the king. His agent will contact you with how to do so soon enough. And I wasn't lying about the offer of profit share in the sale of books from this building or it's use. You are a prize find Riktys."

"He looks faint." Liz mutters.

I barely hear the comment as the room swirled in my vision and I hit the floor.

12