A Mage's Tale Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's swim upstream for a little way, and have you smell the air there. I think I know what's causing it."

"I feel you again,so effect doesn't last."

"And it would only happen rarely, if I am right."

We swim up stream, and she tests the air. She doesn't feel the effect. I nod, we swim further, and again she feels no effect. She is looking more like herself. and her normal mood returns. Not having to pull me along has us making good progress. At a bend in the river she pops her head up, her skin visibly darkens. I grab her hips and pull her back under the water.

Eyes are dilated and crossed. She gropes at my body trying to remove my clothing. I spin her around, grab one of her breasts, pinning her to my chest, and diddle her with my other hand. She bucks and wriggles, trying to fuck my fingers. I moan in her ear and start shoving my fingers in her with the same vigor I'd use to jerk-off as quickly as possible.

She arches her back, and shudders before relaxing in my grasp.

"It's bad here," she says.

"You ok, that wasn't too rough? Wasn't sure how else to handle you."

"No, that was alright, not what I hoped for in giving myself to you."

"That wasn't giving yourself. That was a drug induced cry of need. If you want to give yourself to me, I would be more expressive in other ways. Rest here for a minute. I need to go check something up there."

Popping my head up, the scent of apple blossom is heavy in the air. I climb out of the river and look toward the breeze. A small orchard of twenty trees stand a handful of yards from the river's bank. They, too, are full of flower clusters attended by bees. I return to Nix under the water.

"It's the apple blossoms or the bees."

"It has to be the apples. I have been around many hives and never felt like this."

"Do you want to hold on to me and I'll carry you the rest of the way? You'll have to tell me which way to go though."

"I would like that."

She wraps her arms around me, and I kick off. Twice she holds tighter during a turn, but has little trouble holding on to me. We make it to the stream we had entered days before. I wait as she sheds the extra water from her form, returning to the demure stature I remember. She give me a shy look, blushing.

We pass through the opening into the valley of the Vale to very different surrounding than those we left. Dozens of buildings line a wide main street. A second street has work crews measuring out foundations, stirring clouds of dust up. To the left a caravan of wagons and horses line the wall.

I find the book store, and we go inside. Blanks smiles and runs to me, throwing her arms around me in a tight hug. Clue is fast on her heels, wrapping her arms around me as well as snaking her hand in my pants. Nix laughs seeing this.

"Clue, slow your roll babe."

"Just making sure she didn't make you leave it there."

"I wouldn't be able to win any noble dick swinging contests if I wasn't equipped, could I?"

"That girl you sent, has stopped in here wanting us to get her the moment you got back. What you want me to do?" Clue asks.

"Go get me a basket of buttery biscuits and rope of those brat sausages," I say to her. "How are we set for eggs? I am on the verge of starving. And I want a real bath."

"Just a warning, Val is a bit annoyed with you," Blank says.

"Why am I not surprised. What about?"

"Cross," Clue giggles then ducks out the door.

"You couldn't warn me, Nix?"

"I didn't know," she answers.

Walking up stairs, I come to a stop because nothing is the same. Even the four post bed is gone. In its place is a lake of silk pillows and comforters. A desk and standing shelf set along the left wall and the right has cabinetry of a full kitchen complete with cook top and oven. The beat up armoires from the first floor stand opposite each other with a much larger tub between them. The added table has seats enough for six.

"I did some rearranging," Blank says.

"I'd say you did more than just rearrange."

"You don't like it?"

"I don't know, I will have to think about it. Right now I need food and a lot more sleep than I have been able to get over these last few days."

"Bath, I'll get to that first."

"I think it's nice, Blank," Nix says nodding.

I step closer to the bed and starting pulling off my clothes. I see on the desk is a set of writing supplies and inks. All the magic and spell books are on the shelf. The place smells fresh and clean, not even holding the smell of paper from all the books on the first floor.

Once undressed, I turn toward the bath. Looks like it could seat four and was already magically marked to warm water or clean it between users. Blank filled it from a pitcher? This would take hours until I noticed the pitcher never emptied. Water just kept pouring from it in an endless stream.

"Where did that come from?"

"Cross gave it to us as a shop warming gift," answered Blank.

"Handy, so things around here sure have gone crazy."

"You saw the plan, this is day three."

"Sorry, no brats, I got you cheddar sausages instead. You'll love them," Clue says.

"If you say so," I comment stepping into the bath.

Lowering myself in the hot water brings all the exposure and salt rawness to the surface. My skin reddens quickly and stings in a few places but to my aching muscles it is pure bliss. I lean back and submerge lying on the bottom of the tub. Blank mumbles something but Nix backs her off. Breathing the hot water of the tub feels strangely erotic and cleansing.

Coming up for air, the smell of the cheddar sausages fills my senses then the eggs. I wash quickly and run to the chair still dripping as food hits the plate. I answer their questions between bites, most times talking over my food. Clue wants to see all the swag and what they do. By the time I have eaten my fill, little of what was cooked remains.

All three of them want to meet Tempis. With what is happening in the Vale, Tempis coming here would be out of the question. Though Blank and Clue seem more than happy with taking a trip away from the noise for a few days. I ask Clue to go get Stacy before thinking about going back out to the little island so soon after leaving it. I walk over and sit at the desk looking over the writing styli and writing paper.

"Nameless, you have returned."

"Yes, scant hours ago."

"Valkyrie is on her way over, too," Clue says. "With Cross," she giggles.

"Did you do something wrong?" Stacy asks.

"More like he did it something so good..." Clue brags.

"Not something she needs to hear about," Nix interjects.

"What has you seeking me out so quickly?"

"I wanted to ask if you had a place for me?"

"Place?"

"I don't have anyplace here."

"But Valkyrie will..."

"Do nothing about what I fear, it's not her place," she says as tears well in her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Blank asked.

"I'm terrified. Five men wanted to comfort me in my time of mourning. Others whisper and point but clam up when I look right at them. You know what happened to me. You saved me, even watched over us while we slept. Even though you are not wearing anything, I don't feel any fear about you. If I stay here, all those men will shut up, stop trying to 'be there for me' and give me time to get over the death of my husband."

"People do talk around here," Clue says.

"How did they find out about what happened to you? Nix?"

"I talked to Valkyrie and only her, Cross was there but.. she would never gossip," Nix answered.

"It was Mrs. Hayse," Valkyrie says topping the stairs.

"Who the hell is that?" I ask.

"The priestess that checked her out after she got here. She said something to her husband who, to his credit, backed a dozen from trying to give you a nice welcome party. Single women are rare here so they wine and dine the new girls hoping to win her before others get a chance to."

"So they aren't talking cause they know."

"They're talking cause you're an unaccompanied women, a few guessed you were widowed. With your reactions to their advances, rumors started after that."

"You can stay here. Anything else you want to talk about, Valkyrie?"

"Thank you!" Stacy says sliding over and kissing my cheek.

"I'll help you get your things," Blank says.

"I did want to talk to you about Jack."

"Well, out with it, they all know, save Stacy, and there she goes," waving as Stacy and Blank go down the stairs.

"He is really wanting a face to face with you. He may be planning on coming here. What are you going to do about that?"

"Not be here? That is the vibe I am getting from you."

"You are smart. Where would you be going? So I can point, and say he went that way."

"Over to that little island I am going to buy."

"Good idea, take her with you.," Valkyrie says, pushing Cross into my lap.

"Wait, what is this about?"

She chants the passage and slaps the contract with Cross on my chest. "I don't want the king here, not now. We are using tons of illegal magic, and she isn't the only demon here. Just do this. What do you want?"

"One of the mover's wands, and the book," grabbing the eel skin leather spell book. "No questions asked. Maybe a little currency exchange. I'll need gold for some platinum I came across. Think we can do that?"

"You're serious."

"Aren't I always? By the way, Clue, where is Oasis?"

Cross leans to my ear, "I have been dreaming about you."

"How much do you want changed?"

"Ten coins should be doable. Clue... Oasis? Where?"

"I'll go get her. She's coming, too?" Clue says dejectedly.

"This is working out great. When can you be ready to go?" Valkyrie asks.

"First light, if you get the gold for my coins, and make sure Stacy's wagon has fresh horses."

"Dreams, that a new affliction?" I ask Cross as she kisses my neck.

I get a bite at my neck in reply.

"I hope I get some sleep tonight."

"Doubtful," Cross purrs in my ear.