A Man of Singular Talent Ch. 04: Swim Team

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

END

*****

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Our nameless protagonist does not know how his power works other than it appears to be genetic and kicks in around puberty. He has had this power for a while now and through his investigations (aided by many who of course do not remember lending their expertise) he has some understanding of how it works but not why.

Our protagonist's abilities:

- allow control of a subject's motor functions, both voluntary (walking, moving head and arms, etc) and autonomic (breathing, heart beating, etc). He does not like to control autonomic functions however due to the high risk of killing the subject by for example forgetting to tell his heart to beat.

- control is executed through commands ('run', 'jump', 'pick up that object', etc). The subject's body seems to be able to work out the details as long as the command is not too vague (so 'hit that man' will work but not 'hit anyone who looks threatening').

- commands are transmitted mentally.

- He can read minds and memories, and can change the intensity of base emotions (fear, anger, lust, etc) but cannot create or change thoughts, switch a subject's emotions or affect complicated emotions (love, jealousy, etc).

- He can create visual, auditory and tactile illusions. These work as normal commands - he tells the subject what to see/hear/feel and the subject's mind works out the details provided the illusion is simple.

- commands can only be given to subjects in direct line of sight. Detection of other minds is possible through walls, etc up to a certain distance, but they cannot be altered unless our protagonist can see the person.

- Commands remain effective until removed by the protagonist, even if the subject is no longer in view.

- Commands can be made to only one subject at a time, but multiple subjects can be controlled by giving commands to one, then the next, then the next, etc.

- larger scale and/or simpler commands work better than fine detailed ones. The protagonist cannot change facial expressions, and attempts to force speech results in meaningless slurring.

The protagonist's only real fear is that someone like him will notice his ability and take it away from him. Consequently any potential activity is investigated and if another 'Talent' such as he is discovered he takes steps to neutralize the danger. He has not yet met a Talent with abilities as strong as his, but he feels sure they are out there, somewhere.