A Marriage Finds Love Ch. 01

Story Info
A love story with a difference.
1.1k words
3.55
44.2k
4
6

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/16/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ashascribe
ashascribe
69 Followers

Their first meeting was innocuous, at an official get together hosted by Shuba's husband Vijay's company. The cocktail part was hosted in one of the city's posh hotels and attended by several leading businessmen. For Shuba it was it was a very new experience. She was a small town girl, recently moved to Mumbai after her marriage to Vijay.

Shuba was a tall, willowy girl of 22 years. Unlike most Indian girls she was quite leggy & slim. Her dance practice (most traditional Indian girls are trained either in classical music or dance if not both -- it improves their marriage prospects); and lucky genes had given her a slim, yet curvy figure. She carried firm 34 inch breasts on a slim tall frame of 5 feet 5inches -- quite tall by Indian standards. For a south Indian, her complexion was quite fair and a flawless complexion was enhanced by beautiful dimples whenever she smiled. She certainly attracted a second or even a third look from anybody who met her.

She had just graduated the previous year in English literature & wanted to continue her studies to pursue journalism. Her conservative parents thought that graduation was sufficient to get a job as a school teacher -- which was the limit of their professional vision for a daughter. Journalism & interaction with strange men was simply not acceptable for a girl! The search for a husband had begun even as she was in her final year of college. Vijay was the first boy who had come to "see her" after horoscope had matched. Like most young men, he was immediately smitten by her looks and the wedding was performed as per traditions.

Vijay was an engineer, who like most young Indians was working in a leading information technology. He had recently returned after a 6 month stint in the US and had started a new assignment in Mumbai. His company had allotted him a small bedroom flat in Worli seaface. Unlike his parents, Vijay considered himself quite modern and liberal. He wanted his new wife to have freedom and opportunity to pursue her own interests. They had agreed to defer starting a family for the next 5 years -- to allow them to enjoy life and for Vijay to build his career. Obviously this secret was not shared with either parents -- it would have led to strong protests and continuous pressure. No Indian marriage is considered complete until the couple presents the families with a grandchild.

Both Vijay and Chitra were virgins. Even today premarital sex is rare amongst Indians. Their initial attempts at sex were hesitant, and the couple was yet to become familiar with each other. For Vijay, sex was penetration followed by ejaculation. He enjoyed playing with Chitra's breasts, which aroused her, but the lovemaking rarely lasted long. Once he began thrusting into her and got release, Vijay would rarely bother to see if Chitra had an orgasm. He would start sleeping within minutes. Chitra knew that as a dutiful wife, she had satisfied her husband and felt that she had done her duty -- yet found herself vaguely unsatisfied. Living in a new city of Mumbai she had not yet found friends to confide or share her feelings. Talking about sex to parents is still taboo in Indian society!

The party had just begun. Vijay was introducing his new bride to colleagues & guests. Chitra was dressed in a purple saree and with her two inch heels, she made a fine par with the 6feet tall Vijay. Some of the young men looked wistfully, even jealously at Vijay. The reaction from the women varied. The older women were happy to see this slim & beautiful girl. The younger ladies were initially jealous, but soon found themselves at ease. Even if Chitra was a stunner in looks, it was obvious that she was not used to such gatherings. She appeared a bit self conscious and lacking in confidence -- which perversely made the other younger ladies feel happy and pleased.

Amongst the persons she met that day was Ramji Rao -- one of the city's leading industrialists. Ramji was a short, pot bellied man of dark complexion. His physique could not hide an imposing personality -- which he derived from a combination of brains, charm & good conduct. At 62 years of age Ramji Rao had achieved financial success beyond the dreams of most Indians. Although highly successful in his business ventures he was generally a social recluse. A widower for over 30 years, he had single handedly brought up his son & daughter; both of who were now settled in the USA. He had condescended to attend this party as the owner of Vijay's company was an old childhood friend.

After a casual greeting to Vijay & Chitra, Ramji Rao slowly gravitated to his own circle. In all social parties, after the initial churning, people like water find their own level. Pamji Rao was mingling with the elite -- read rich & influential among the crowd. Vijay & his age mates were in a group of their own, enjoying the free choice alcohol on offer. Segregation between the sexes happens automatically in India. The ladies had their own space. Although not as hierarchal as that of the males, here too subgroups had formed. Chitra as the newcomer was trying to be a part of a subgroup, without wanting to intrude. She spent the evening nodding her head politely at the conversation, smiling at the right places and trying to be a part of the group of ladies although she did not feel she belonged.

As always, the most important guests are the first to leave parties or functions. Ramji Rao was amongst the earliest. Everybody got up to see off the important -- rich & powerful people. As he was leaving Ramji Rao was greeting everyone. He suddenly spotted Vijay & remarked -- ' Congratulations on your wedding!" Chitra had come and stood by Vijay. It was at this point that Ramji Rao took a second look at this young girl. Suddenly he felt a strange emotion stir in his heart. It lasted but a fleeting moment. Ignoring & pushing aside the strange feeling, Ramji Rao went towards his car & soon went away. Chitra too was surprised. She could feel the power radiate from this man. Physically he was unimpressive, yet she had observed how everyone was literally lapping at his words, paying attention to his gestures and yet without seeking, the waiters were constantly hovering around him.

Like two ships which pass by the night, the story of Chitra and Ramji Rao would have ended here, but destiny willed otherwise. This is a love story with a difference. If readers wish, I will continue to share the saga that followed.

ashascribe
ashascribe
69 Followers