A Marriage in Crisis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,570 Followers

Tommy lay awake all night; he felt so helpless. He loved her so much, but there were some things... He made up his mind. He'd fight this. Sandy was his wife. He wasn't one of those wait and catch her after it was too late. He'd track this down. He'd fight for his wife. She was upset about something; he just didn't know what. Sandy was his girl. If he had to, he'd save her from herself. Wasn't that what real men did? He thought so.

Of course, across town Bill was as smooth as silk. He poured it on with his wife. He'd done this before; she'd never caught on, not even once. But then again he didn't think she really cared anyway. He knew she'd had her little liaisons. If anyone was a cuckold it was him. Why shouldn't he make some other poor slob feel the same pain? Tommy and Sandy had it coming.

Impact!

Tommy got up first, fixed coffee and toast, and waited for Sandy.

She came down her usual time. Kissed Tommy on the cheek, picked up a piece of toast and a travel mug filled with Folgers, "Oh by the way. I'm going to a baby shower tonight. I'm helping to decorate right after school; so I'll be a little late. When I get home I'll have to change in a hurry and get off around 5:30 p.m. I shouldn't be too late. I should be home by 10:00. Bye!"

Tommy only nodded. He knew her story was preposterous; normally anything like a baby shower would have been a topic of conversation all week. She was lying, but he figured he could thank the Lord for small favors. If she was actually going to do anything it was most likely that night after dinner and not in the middle of the day. He knew tonight he had his work cut out for him.

++++++++++++

The day dragged slowly for Tommy, but even more slowly for Sandy. Sandy wondered what surprise Bill had in store for her. Tommy wondered what he should do.

Right after school Bill and Sandy slipped down to Appleby's. It was late afternoon so the usual weekend crowd hadn't shown up yet. Bill found them a booth in the back. It was well concealed; ideal for what he had planned. First they had a drink. Then he pulled out a black silk scarf, "Sandy have you ever done anything with cloth?" He was careful not mention they were out in public.

She looked over at him and smiled, "Like what?

He held out the scarf, "Sandy have you ever touched Tommy through some soft material, say something like silk?"

She answered, "Well no not actually." Already she thought something new!

Bill gave her his best most sincere smile. He handed her the scarf, "Here take this, open my fly, and wrap it around my penis."

She looked at the scarf, then at Bill, "Bill I..."

He smiled so affectionately, "It's a chance just to touch something new. I think you'll like it."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

He replied, "Well touch and hold me through the cloth, no direct contact. You'll be able to try something in a new nonthreatening way."

He put the scarf in her hand, "I want you to reach under the table, pull down my fly, pull out my penis and I want you to use this to rub me. It's not really sex, just touching through some cloth."

Sandy was surprised, for a second put off, but then she thought about it. She'd never done anything like this before, and like Bill said it would just be cloth on skin, kind of like shaking hands with gloves on.

She gave Bill a silly grin. She reached under the table and unzipped his pants. Sandy carefully put the scarf in her hand. She used the scarf, reached in and pulled out his penis. It was already sort of hard. It was a lot smaller than Tommy's, but she didn't care. She wrapped the silk scarf around his dick and started to masturbate him, "You mean like this?"

He leaned back a little, "Yes, like that."

It didn't take long. Bill's penis wasn't that hard when he shot his load into the scarf.

She pulled back, "Oh."

Bill took the scarf from her. He looked at her, "Where's your purse?"

She showed him.

Bill reached over, opened her purse and after wrapping the scarf in some paper napkins he pushed it in her purse. "I want you to save this for later tonight."

Sandy looked at her purse, then at Bill, "Bill, that's crazy."

He grinned, "No it's not. Take it in with you tonight when you go home. Put it on the table and leave it till you come back out. Your husband won't even notice, but it will remind you of our secret rendezvous."

Sandy looked at Bill. She studied her purse. This was really scary. What if she got caught? But what if she didn't? This was really risky, it sounded exciting, she replied, "OK."

He grinned, "Don't chicken out. It'll be part of the adventure."

She thought how crazy this was, "I'll do it."

She put her purse on the side and tried to forget about it. This had to be the craziest thing she'd ever done. It was almost like daring Tommy to notice, and if he did, to do anything.

They went ahead and had a quick bite to eat; shortly before 5:00 they left.

Bill told her, "Call me on your cell phone after you leave tonight, and I'll tell you where to meet me in the restaurant."

After Sandy left Bill thought about the scarf. This wasn't part of any adventure; it was a snare for her. The presence of the incriminating scarf just made it that much more likely she wouldn't back out. Though it was cruel he thought it was funny. Her poor fool husband would have the evidence of his wife's infidelity right on his kitchen table, and he wouldn't even know it.

Sandy sheepishly smiled and answered, "OK."

++++++++++++

Sandy got home a little after 5:00.

Tommy was waiting at the kitchen table, "Get the decorations set up?"

Sandy looked up in alarm. She'd forgotten the lie she'd told him the night before, "Oh yes. They're all ready. It's supposed to be a surprise."

Tommy smelled the semen right away. He looked at her purse, but quickly looked away. Jesus he thought, this is a mess, "Yeah, I bet this'll be some surprise."

Sandy nervously put her purse on the seat of the chair across the table from her husband. She wasn't quite ready to risk the on the table trick Bill suggested, "I've got to clean up and get ready. Be back in just a minute."

He smiled, "I'll wait here."

Sandy flew down the hall to get a shower.

While Sandy was showering Tommy walked around and opened the purse. He verbalized his thoughts, "Oh God. This is too much." He pulled the filthy napkins and scarf from her purse. He thought; this is really for shit. He took the filth and wrapped it in a clean tea towel and hid it under the sink. Then he took the wash cloth on the sink and stuffed that in her purse. He felt like he wanted to cry. It was like his whole life was unraveling right in front of him. He told himself, get a grip. Nothing that big has happened yet, but he knew if he didn't act tonight it was probably all over. Tommy had never been in a fight in his life; he'd never really hit anybody in anger, but he wanted to find this Moyers guy and punch him right in the nose. He also felt like he was going to throw up.

Sandy took a while to get ready. She put on her best little black dress; she really dolled herself up; mascara, blush, red lipstick. She walked back into the kitchen and picked up her purse. She leaned over to give Tommy a kiss on the cheek.

He leaned forward to take it, "Don't forget, tonight's a love night."

She looked at him a little askance. She felt a second of panic. She'd have already had something planned with Bill. Tommy would get sloppy seconds. That was something she'd read about, but never thought would happen with her. She knew she couldn't let that happen to Tommy. She gave him her best artificial smile, "We'll see."

He smiled back, "Yes we will." He walked her to the door, "You know I love you Sandy."

She blushed. She almost stopped and decided not to go, but then... She'd told Bill. She'd promised herself, one night of excitement. Then she'd start to make babies. Heck, this wasn't so bad anyway, just one night, one time. Tommy would probably understand if he found out. But he wouldn't find out. She walked down to her little Camry and got in.

Tommy watched from the window; he already had his keys in his hand. He had the filth rag in the other. He'd have to follow pretty close, but he was gambling she wouldn't watch too closely.

As she pulled away he ran out, got in his Volkswagen and took off after her. He was right, she wasn't concerned at all. She took her time, obeyed all the signals. He managed to stay about two hundred feet behind. There were a few other cars on the road so it wasn't like they were the only ones. It didn't take him long to realize she was headed for the Holiday Inn just about a quarter of a mile from where they lived.

How novel he thought. The scene of the crime was just around the corner. He watched as she pulled in the underground parking lot. He slowed down to wait till she found a place to park. This was going to be too easy; he had her spare car key with the attached beeper. He waited a few seconds and drove in. He drove about a hundred feet, rolled down his window and pushed the button on her beeper. He saw the light up ahead, not more fifty feet away. He drove up and parked beside her car.

He got out. He bet they probably planned a short meal, and then the trip to some room. He waited in the parking garage for abut ten minutes; just long enough he figured for them to get in and get settled.

He walked into the Holiday Inn. There were two restaurants; one well lighted, the other more subdued. He went for the darker restaurant. He walked in. It was pretty crowded. He'd be forever just looking. He got out his cell phone and dialed her number.

Just as he thought, the big dumbbell hadn't even turned her cell off. Some secret lover he thought. He heard it sing out over to the left. She'd installed an ABBA song, "Mama Mia" on her phone, it was distinctive, and for tonight it seemed to have special poignancy.

He followed the sound. He saw them. There they were!

In that instant Tommy lost all his aplomb. There she was, his wife, hiding in a restaurant with another man, a man she thought she was about to have sex with. She was getting ready to give away everything they had. He wondered if she even knew what she was doing.

He started to cry. No! Not here. Not now. He walked deliberately, forthrightly, and directly to where they were sitting. He had a whole spiel planned. He was going to give that guy what for. He still didn't really quite believe Sandy knew what she was doing. He just knew her too well; she was just too damn naïve. The guy she was with was a real pro at this; Sandy was just another stupid sheep.

He got up to where they were. He was standing right in front of his wife, his sweetheart, the person he loved more than anyone else in the world, the person he loved more than all the rest of the world, and he couldn't think of anything to say.

Sandy looked up. She saw him. She was speechless too. He immediately saw she wasn't the least but sorry. He didn't see any guilt or shame or anything. Either she really didn't care, or she was just that innocent. He almost cracked. He reached in his pocket and yanked out the filthy scarf. He threw it at the man at the table. Of course it just hit the edge and fell on the floor. He grimaced; varsity athlete and he couldn't get a scarf loaded with spew to land on a damn table. It didn't matter. They saw it.

Sandy looked at what fell on the floor but didn't recognize it.

Tommy looked from the man to his wife. He didn't think she quite comprehended what he'd just done.

Sandy looked at him all innocent eyed, "Tommy, what are you doing here?"

He didn't know what to say. He was numb. It was like a cloud was closing in around him. His legs felt all weak and rubbery. He got all nervous and started to shake. He felt physically weak, helpless. He had to do something, say something.

He looked at his left hand. He saw his ring. He pulled off his wedding band. He threw it at the man, "Here! You win!"

Tommy turned and started out of the restaurant.

Behind him he heard Sandy, "Tommy!"

Then he heard the man. "Sit down, relax; he'll probably just go home and stew a little. You can work it out later."

Sandy looked at Bill. She watched as Tommy walked away. She thought this was her chance; Bill was probably right. She looked at Bill, "OK."

Bill got up, "Come on. Let's skip dinner. Let's go to the room." Bill was upset and a little pissed. Her husband had possibly screwed up his plans. If he was going to get in her panties, he needed to move fast before she realized just how precarious a situation her marriage was in.

Sandy got up and followed Bill out of the restaurant. She asked him, "What did Tommy throw at you?"

He handed her the ring.

She looked at it, startled.

The couple walked down the hall to the elevator. They took the elevator to the fifth floor, and got out. Sandy followed Bill room 511. She kept wondering; what was she doing? What was Tommy doing? They went on in the room. Bill turned around and started to unbutton her blouse.

Sandy watched Bill. He had this look in his eyes. She'd seen that same look on the faces of a hundred fraternity boys; that dirty look of sexual excitement. She'd despised that look back in college, and she despised it even more right now. This was no warm caring kind of thing for Bill; he was almost drooling. Christ she remembered how the boys would brag after they nailed some trusting innocent girl. She remembered the humiliation on the faces of the poor girls they'd deceived. She'd never allowed that kind of thing to happen to her back in the day, and she wouldn't let it happen now. Damn, back then she had Tommy's arm to cling to. Nobody fooled with her; she had him! She stopped Moyers, "No wait Bill. I'm worried about Tommy. I don't think he looked too good. This might not be a good idea."

Bill smiled, "Don't worry babe. He'll be fine."

Babe, he said babe. She knew this was bullshit. This was a mistake. She looked at Bill, "You planned this."

He smiled, "You did too."

She backed away, "You had this all planned; you'd worked all this out I bet weeks ago." Somewhere a light went on. She spoke again, "This is all just a big trick isn't it?"

He grinned. He knew then he was fucked, "Look we're not children. You went into this with your eyes wide open."

She pulled away, "Well now I'm getting out of it." She had to get to her husband. Tommy had messed up her plans, but damn, he must have known something like this was about to happen. Shit if he hadn't shown up she'd be in bed with shithead here and her good reputation would be ruined. Where had her brains been? Sandy had to get a move on; she had to catch Tommy, she was sure once she explained everything Tommy would understand. She knew her Tommy; he might not even be mad.

She walked out of the room and back down to the elevator, and then toward the garage.

++++++++++++

Tommy ran back out and down to the garage. He reached Sandy's car. Then he did a terrible thing, well a terrible thing for him. He took out a pen knife and punched a hole in one of her tires. He thought; just one tire, just enough to slow her down. Somehow he knew if they tried to talk at that moment everything would just fall apart. He wasn't too clear, and he was sure her mind was somewhere out in right field, that didn't excuse anything though. He ran back to his Volkswagen, got in and sped out of the garage. Damn he thought, new tires are expensive. He could have just let the air out.

Tommy drove as fast as he could. What was he going to do? Sandy might be in bed with another man, his Sandy, his wife, his life. His life? His life was over. At least that life. He started to cry. There was no other life. He whimpered, then stopped. No! I can't cry, can't break down. I've got to get this together.

He decided; he'd go home, no not home, back to their, no not their, her apartment. He'd get everything that belonged to him, all his clothes, his lap top; he'd get their banking information. He'd load it all in his car and drive away. He'd get a motel room for the next couple of nights; then find a room, an efficiency, he'd start over. Start what over he wondered. He'd never spent a night alone anywhere in his whole life. He'd gone from his grandfather's to a college dorm, to their apartment. He'd never been alone, like really alone, his whole life.

Tommy started to shiver and shake. He felt incredibly cold. His head wasn't right; he felt like he would pass out. He pulled to the side of the road to get his shit together. It took a few seconds; he knew he was a mess. What was wrong? He had to think, but it was like everything had frozen up. He remembered he'd gotten knocked out once playing lacrosse. That's how he felt right now; all flaky and woozy.

He sat there in the car and thought he'd figured it out. He turned the car back on and pulled back in the street. If he didn't see her, didn't hear her, then it would be like she didn't exist anymore. He started to cry again. He stopped himself. No Tommy, she's gone, she doesn't exist. It's like she never happened. Put a box around her memory. Put the box in the back of your mind, and leave it. You can do that. Yes you can. You don't have to think, you don't have to feel, you don't have to do anything except maybe eat and breathe. Eating; food, that's the last thing he wanted. He felt like he was trapped.

He pulled over, and took out his wallet. He got her picture out and stuffed it in the glove compartment. If he didn't have her picture in his wallet he wouldn't want to look at it. He couldn't throw it away. Sandy might get mad. Shit! What kind of thought was that?

++++++++++++

Sandy ran out and down the garage aisle. She found her car. Oh God no. Tommy had flattened one of her tires, but that would be like him. He knew she'd only have one spare, or in this case the donut. He'd flatten one to make her stop, but he would never let her be high and dry alone at night in some dangerous parking garage. She popped open the trunk. One thing her Daddy had taught her was how to be self-reliant around cars. She went to work. If she moved fast she'd get home and explain things to Tommy. He'd understand. She persuaded herself this wasn't that serious. They'd get beyond this. She'd get home and fix a nice pot of coffee. She'd bought that almond flavored sweetener for him. He'd like that. They'd talk. Damn she thought; how did she let herself get in this fix? That Bill Moyers was one clever fellow.

++++++++++++

Tommy got back to the apartment. He opened the cupboard under the sink and pulled out a bunch of black plastic trash bags. He went to the bedroom. He was really surprised; all he owned, all the possessions he had in the world could be fit in four black bags. Well five, he had to get his shaving supplies. He started to cry again. No, stop! You can't cry! He saw there were still some whiskers on the edge of the bathroom sink from shaving that morning. He whisked some water around to clean them up. He didn't want to leave a mess for Sandy. Oh shit!

He wondered if he shouldn't double wrap the bags so nothing would fall out. Shit, the one thing he really possessed was somewhere else; maybe trying to fix her car. Shouldn't he wait till she got home so she could check what he'd loaded? What if he'd forgotten something he'd need later? She'd remind him. Damn! Where were his brains? He was supposed to be running away!

Maybe he should go back and fix her tire so nothing happened to her. Hell, what was he thinking? Was he thinking? He got scared. What if she needed his help? What if that guy tried to hurt her or something? Shouldn't he get back there? What was he doing? He started to choke up again. No! You can't cry! He got it back under control. It was like he was some kind of robot.

He got everything together. He looked around, the banking stuff. He'd get it, check it out, and then mail it back to Sandy. She handled all that stuff anyway. He knew their marriage might be over, but he also knew he could trust her. She'd never cheat him. Cheat him, cheat on him...he started to cry. No! He stopped.

carvohi
carvohi
2,570 Followers