Book 01: A Match Made Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at me, eyes wet with tears, and whispered, "I promise I will live every day trying to be the best wife for you, Lissy." Shit. Tears. Sorry.

I'm laughing. Somehow this got way, WAY off the tracks. I know... how unlike me, right? Anyways...

So we shopped. You don't need to know the place. It's downtown, on north Michigan Avenue. That's all you're gettin'.

The ring is white gold. There's a three carat round stone in the middle, surrounded by two smaller (one carat) round stones. Each of them is nearly flawless and absolutely gorgeous. It wasn't inexpensive. And I didn't care. Kara wanted to kill me for spending as much as I did on the ring, but once the jeweler put it on her hand she couldn't stop crying. I finally looked around for a couple of chairs, found them with the help of the dude who was helping us, and led my still weeping blonde to the chairs so we could sit.

It seemed like hours, but it was only about fifteen minutes. Finally the crying stopped, mostly, and my intended looked at me with blurry red eyes, sniffled again, and said, "I can't believe this. I just can't imaging me wearing something like this. Something this beautiful. Thank you, Lissy. I love you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you." And another somewhat snotty kiss. But... whatever.

I mean, can you imagine? Me... Melissa Eileen Burkhart Stone... buying an engagement ring for a woman? The woman I love? Staring at the computer, I laughed a little. Blondie's taking our son for a walk, so I thought this was the perfect time to write about this stuff. Cuz otherwise, you know what would happen? Mick or no Mick, she'd see me typing, come over to look, start crying all over again, and fall into my lap. And do that kissing thing we love doing.

But I did it. And I'm glad. Really glad. I'm in love like I can't believe I could be ever again. And she's not perfect, but she sure is perfect for me. And I love her. And that's all I have to say about that. LOL Not really.

Okay, so my kids and the rest of the clan were all at the house. I had three pads of Post-it notes, one for each couple. There weren't rules, but I did give instructions. Kara and I had marked what we wanted to take from this home to our new home. Obviously, my bedroom set. Because it had all the furniture you'd expect. So the kids all set out to lock up their treasures. I promise not to bore you with details.

There had been questions. Naturally.

"Mom, what about stuff like TVs?" That was a good one. Dylan's office furniture. And all the play stuff in the basement. A pool table, a ping pong table, and a couple of pinball games. And bicycles. Why didn't I throw all that stuff out or sell it beforehand? I don't know; most likely because when they all did come over, that's just about the first place they all headed. And there was stuff in the garage that accumulated over time and with each kid.

And then there were the closets. Lord help me, the closets.

We did think about hiring a company to do a house sale. Take what we wanted and let them have an open house or something to sell the rest of whatever was left behind. But I kind of wanted to do it my way. The kids had pretty much free reign to do what they wanted, take whatever they wanted. And we'd give the rest to whatever charity wanted to bring a truck and movers and get it out of the house. So that's about it.

Being the adults we pretended to be, we didn't take vacation time early in the year. We knew the adoption process would come to an end some time. Pretty please God, let it end some time soon. We had three and a half months to get our lives, our homes, and our kid settled and into our new house and our new life.

That's part of the reason we chose to get engaged when we did. It was sort of like confirmation that, with everything else going on around us, the main reason for it all was that we were, in fact, going to get married. We'd been teased about it by our family, our friends, people from our jobs, and the like.

Destiny was particularly funny. Pretty much.

"Ya know, if the two of you would stop making out all the damn time, you could probably find a decent jewelry store, buy a ring, and get engaged. Trust me, the rest of the world would be relieved."

BITCH! We hate her. Me: snickering

I agreed to pay whatever the shipping cost was to get the furniture and stuff up to Minnesota to Jenna and Ian's place. My son conned a couple of his buddies into helping move the stuff he and Andi wanted. That left the kids, who had moved not too long ago into their new, larger, shared apartment in the same DePaul area they already lived in. It was easier for me to pick up the tab for them as well than to listen to them go back and forth about the who, how and when.

And we hired a moving company to take what we wanted down to our new place.

You live in a place for a quarter of a century and you realize how much stuff accumulates when it comes time to move it all out. GAAAA!! But we got it all sorted out, carted out, shipped out, and then the cleaning company came in and cleaned my house. My empty house. Where my late husband and I spent so many happy times together. And with our kids. Nurturing them, cleaning their scrapes, helping with their homework. listening to them wail about the boy who didn't love them anymore. The girls who they thought were friends who made fun of them at school, on the phone, and with their other classmates.

The proms. Packing them up and off to freshman year of college. And the weddings. Two of them. And my grandchildren being born. The story of my life could be told by the pictures on the wall on the staircase. And I cried taking them down and wrapping them up. Silly? I don't think so, cuz I'm crying now as I tell you what happened and the persistent tug of nostalgia I felt doing all that we did to get ready for our new lives together. I can share how I feel with Kara, but she can't feel what I'm feeling. It's my moment, and I'm sharing it with all of you.

I think that's all for now. My honey and I are making dinner. We'll talk to you again soon.

** October 11th, 2015 **

Lissy

Well, we're all pretty much settled in our new home. And since I've got a wee bit of quiet time on a very fall-ish October weekend, I thought I'd go into a bit of detail about how it came to be we settled on this place.

The two of us wandered around the near north side of the city for what seemed like forever. And don't forget, this was every other weekend, what with our living arrangement with our darling little boy and his grandparents. Mick was getting used to being with us, and we him. Kara adapted better to it more quickly than I thought she might. I was mighty proud of her. And, for their part, Niklas and Karen not only had grown fond of us, but were relieved about being free of the full time duties and responsibilities of caring for a very young boy at their age.

We looked at condos just north of the Loop and east, closer to the lake. It surprised me how many of those buildings didn't include balconies. Lake Point Towers, to name one. Granted, it was built forty-some years ago, and is rightly considered an architectural marvel, but no balconies? UGH

So we were forced to look a bit further north. Even though I had just concluded the sale of my family home, I was still shocked at real estate prices. I suppose that's from not having been in the market. Obviously, when you don't do real estate for a living, and thus only keep a distant eye on things like price, sticker shock can be a stark slap. Of sorts.

Remember, we had started talking about selling our places and moving in together a while ago, even before Mick came into our lives. And until he came along, there hadn't been an iota of urgency for either of us. LOL Which frustrated our commission-hungry realtors no end. Oh well.

And though Sarah, Sarah Loughlin, the realtor we had met and agreed on, never voiced it, I'm sure she gnashed her teeth at the slovenly way we conducted our business with her early on. But we had lives and jobs and things. And Ms. Hot Panties kept me busy in other ways. No, I'm not complaining. I think it would be fair to say I spent most of the time from spring 2014 to present in a state of sated sexual arousal. I know... get on with it.

I think we saw every kind of place there was. Some ultra new, ultra modern construction. Which I quickly put the kibosh on. Sarah, like Kara, was surprised at the strident tone when I decried modern. All kinds of modern. But she got over it. She's not, after all, going to force me, um, us, into something we didn't like. We wandered. Saturdays, Sundays, some days after work if possible, we wandered. And looked. Interesting, but boring.

"Sarah, I'm sure this is wearing on you, leading us from property to property, but please. I'm not sure what I want exactly, but I do know what I don't want. My Glenview home was more my style." Kara looked at me. "I know, honey, but this is getting old." I looked at Sarah and added, "And you, very lovely young lady, aren't the problem. We're going to have to be way more specific about what we want and be sure to communicate it effectively to you. And we will."

Long story short, that little back-and-forth happened late spring of 2015. And things changed after that. Mick was staying with us more often. And we needed to get ourselves in gear and wrap up this search. And we did.

When we walked into the home on Janssen, I immediately got the tingly feeling that this was our home. Ours. Kara looked at me, smiled, took my hand, and said, "This is it, huh?" I had tears as I said yes.

An obviously excited Sarah took us through the entire place, room by room, with a verbal description. With each room, my sense of "IT!" took shape and firmed up. I suppose it was prophetic that we three had chosen to ride with Sarah to this particular house. We had often come to her office in our cars and followed her to whatever she was showing.

Back at her office, I quickly wrote a BIG check, which covered way more than the standard 20%. Sarah's eyes grew wide, she looked at me, and I smiled. "Don't worry, darling. It's good. This is our home." She laughed and said, "Finally." Hard to argue, ya know?

We did all the requisite paperwork, exchanged hugs, and left. We got to Kara's car. I looked at my beauty and she me. We jumped up and down, hugged, and kissed like crazed teens.

"Can we go get a celebratory drink or ten?" I asked. She laughed.

"I don't want you to get too sloshed, slut. There's going to be another celebration tonight." As if that was in doubt.

When the kids had come to take what they wanted from out Glenview home, J.R. and Jenna had taken their childhood beds among their other treasures. Rachel didn't. So I put her bed in Mick's bedroom. He was over the moon excited at the prospect of having his own room and his own bed.

"This makes me a real big kid, right Mommy Lissy?" I gave him sloppy Mommy kisses, he giggled, and eventually he begged me to stop. Kara looked on in amusement.

"Your turn, Kara." Our son protested.

"I've had 'nuff kisses." No sale.

Kara descended on him, swooped him up in her arms, and kissed his tummy, his chest, and about every available inch of his adorable face. He squirmed, he kicked, he did all sorts of gyrations and, in frustration, began to cry. Startled, Kara hugged her son close and, I could see, cried with him. Distraught, she passed him on to me and ran out of the room.

In a tiny voice, our little guy asked, "Did I make Mommy Kara cry, Mommy?"

"I think you may have startled her is all, sweetie." I kissed his nose and said, "Come on, you, we're gonna have a snack. Then it's off to bed for your nap. He skipped off, happy again. I stood and watched.

"This is gonna be interesting!!" I said to no one in particular.

So one thing we had to do in advance of having Mick with us mostly full time was arrange for day care. We settled on a place on North Ashland Avenue, a bit south of Diversey. It offered care for children six months to age six. Mick fell into the "Pre-K" category of three to six year olds. That seemed a bit long to me, but it worked out just dandy.

Mick loved coming home with his treasures, pictures and cut out creations and the like. What we could, we put on the wall in the kitchen. Some went on the fridge.

Kara asked me one night, "What do we do when everything gets crowded?" I snickered.

"We find a really big box and slowly take stuff down and put it in the box. We'll have to find an adequate place to store the box. And we will."

She nodded, then bent to my nipple again. You're not surprised by this time I hope. I had this phobia about leaving the bedroom door open. Never know when the little guy would have a bad dream or something. But the Mom in me couldn't bear the thought of closing the door. And that's how we learned how to dial down the volume on our lovemaking. Course, there were those weeks, and weekends, when our son was with his grandparents. And whoo boy, lemme tell ya, we did take full advantage.

This was one of those nights.

The sun had long since left for places unknown. Kara had gone in to freshen our drinks. I only noticed the lights being turned out when the kitchen light wasn't on anymore. Hmm!

Sure enough, blondie came back out on the patio, completely nude, and handed me my wine.

"Seems you've misplace your clothes, lover."

She smiled brightly and said, "I know exactly where they are. And you're looking rather overdressed tonight, my pet."

I sighed. It was her week to be the miss and mine to be pet. I looked forward to those weeks with a mix of dread and anticipation. Never knew what that mind of hers would come up with. All I knew what that kitty perked up instantly, as if she and Kara's had some communication thingy going on. Which... well, you know!!

"Are we going to take this inside, lover?"

She looked aghast and said, "God no!! I want you here and now. And often. And until you, or I, or, preferably, both, are completely done." I closed my eyes and sighed. But god if she didn't turn me the hell on!!! Like always.

"It is getting a bit nipply out her, my sweet. You sure you can't be talked into continuing this in our bedroom? Or the living room couch?" I could tell I wasn't making much of a dent. A burst of an idea blossomed. "Or downstairs on the pool table?" The blues brightened.

"That would be a first for us, wouldn't it/" The previous owners had decided it wasn't worth the hassle and expense of moving the table and left it for us. For a price, of course. But it was cool. We'd have had to buy something anyway.

"I do believe so. Shall we initiate said pool table?" She snickered.

"You can't leave any traces of kitty on the table, slut." She slurped loudly as she moved to my other breast. Oh, and she moved my left leg on to the glass top table, leaving me exposed. Which... le sigh.

"Bring your butt forward and tilt your hips so I can fuck you with my tongue and various other pieces parts." I did. She did.

The orgasm, when it hit me, slammed me with its intensity. I think I gasped as it ravaged me... lightning bolts of pleasure darting from spot to spot on my insides, quick bursts of multi-colored lights behind my eyes. I could feel my legs tremble, my stomach clench and unclench, and my head loll side to side. Some orgasms, for me at least, are kind of gentle, little waves of pleasure lapping at me from all sides, warm and pleasant. And some, especially with my blonde she-devil, attack me with the same ardor she does in her lovemaking.

I can be at work or on the bus and I'll float to the last time we made love, or the time before, or whatever. My body shivers, my eyes close, and I'm taken back to that moment. My god it's awesome to be loved as my Kara loves me.

It slipped away. I was still panting, sweating, and trying to get my bearings. And I knew she wasn't finished. She never left between my legs and was still devouring my center, loving me, killing me with her ministrations.

I croaked, "Aren't you done yet?" No answer, just a snicker. Gawd! This woman.

See, here's the thing. Sure, we've been together a while now. But, in the dwindling days and years of my marriage, I'd grown accustomed to Dylan's lack of interest in me. Our lovemaking had dwindled anyway, and eventually it stopped altogether. So I was left to my own devices. And then alone came Kara. Gawd... talking about going from zero to sixty!!

You could say I fired the opening salvo on that October night. Then Kara had her turn and her fill of me. I'm not exactly sure how, but I mustered up the energy to take my fill of her after that. And, guessing by how quickly she fell asleep when we finally did stop, I must have done good. Hee hee. Not bad for an old broad, eh?

Oh, and no stains on the green pool table carpet either!!

** October 5th, 2015 **

Lissy

While I'd been seeing Amy regularly after Kara's stay in rehab and after she got home, my visits had dwindled a great deal early in 2015, especially after Britta died and the notion of adopting Mick gained some steam.

And here I was, back in her office, finally.

"Holy cow, Lissy, the two of you have been living just slightly south of a Grade Five hurricane lifestyle this year. Congratulations on your engagement. I'm thrilled for both of you. And while it sounds like it was all kinds of hectic doing all the moving, house hunting, and the rest, you don't look particularly worse for wear."

I laughed. "If I do, it's likely because that wife of mine keeps me up all hours of the night. The horny little she-devil can't get enough of me."

"Yeah well, nice problem to have, right?" True enough.

"And it sounds like things are going swimmingly for the two of you and your son. How's Kara doing with a child being dropped in her lap?"

"I think some of the learning pains took a toll, but I think the fact we didn't have him full time right out of the box helped. We had plenty of time with the in between weeks to talk things out, figure out exactly how we wanted to parent him, and whatever else came up." I smiled. "I think the idea that a 'ready made child' came into our lives helped some, if that makes sense." Amy smiled.

"It's unlikely we'll get to spend a lot of time today on you, Lissy, what with all the goings on you've shared today. Will you be coming back next... hmm, next Monday is Columbus Day and our offices will be closed. So will you make an appointment to come in on the 19th?"

"Absolutely! I think getting back into some sort of rhythm with you will be helpful."

"And, just curious, what about Kara? Is she seeing someone regularly? And does she still go to N.A. meetings?"

I frowned. "I've wondered about the meetings too. She seems fine, doesn't complain about work very much..."

"Very much?" Amy asked. "What does that mean?" I shrugged.

"I suppose everyone has little gripes about this and that, mostly very pedestrian sort of stuff. But I haven't seen the extreme darkness that took her into that depression." I paused for a moment before continuing. "This is my take on things, but we've become so busy, what with work, Mick, getting our home in order, and all the rest of what life brings us, there isn't much time for much else." I smirked. "Course, there's always time for sex with that blonde of mine. And if there wasn't, she'd be sure to create more time."

** March 17th, 2015 **

Lissy & Kara

Saint Patrick's Day turned out to be cold and damp, with heavy grey clouds and intermittent rain. ICK!! No parade, which was okay as we both had to work. If it had been nice we could have gone out on our lunch hour. But no dice with the crappy weather.

No way were going to miss out on the festivities, though. Paddy O'Fegan's is on North Halsted, on what would be called the tip of the Loop, calls itself "American Traditional and Irish Classic Cuisine." And it's a fun, rowdy place, usually filled with loud, young lassies and lads. Way more Kara's type of crowd than mine. Although, on weekends, before the kids wake up, it's a fun place, especially for their Sunday brunch.