A Means to an End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
auguy86
auguy86
1,172 Followers

"Cheeseburger in Paradise. Order up!" Steve shouted to the kitchen. "By the way, he's single," he winked at Jaime before walking off.

"Dad!" Craig whined.

Jaime giggled at the exchange. "You're dad's pretty great."

"Yeah, just don't get him started on his dad jokes. Name's Craig."

"Jaime. A pleasure," she replied, shaking his hand as he sat next to her. "Nice job up there. Have to admit, I've never been a country fan until tonight. This was my first real exposure to it."

"Cool. Where ya from that don't have much country music?"

"Los Angeles," Jaime said, slipping off her sunglasses to get a better look at him.

"Hollywood. I wish they all could be California Girls!" he crooned in a poor imitation of the Beach Boys.

"Oh god, stick to country," Jaime teased him.

"Fair enough. How long you in town for?"

"Couple of weeks. I needed a serious vacation from the west coast."

"Really? But Florida's not that much different. It's hot down here too."

"Yeah, but there are other differences."

"Such as?" Craig inquired.

"Let's just say the people in California, and LA in particular can get pretty... superficial," Jaime replied. "But then I come out here, and I see good, honest, people that welcome a never-ending stream of tourists with open arms."

"As long as they pay well," Craig joked.

"You know what I mean!" Jaime laughed.

"Yeah I do, at least about the locals around here. But what about LA? You just gettin' tired of the culture out there, or did something specific happen to make you want to get the hell out for a while?"

"Um... a little of both, to be honest."

"Oh?"

Sighing, Jaime felt the desire to open up to him a bit. "I work... on the crew of an indie film project. It's good exposure, but the director can be kind of a terror. Anal, obsessive-compulsive, that sort of thing."

"I know the type."

"Anyway, when I tried to take initiative recently, he was less than thrilled. He... got a little physical to remind me who was in charge of the project."

"How physical are we talking?" Craig asked, his face turning serious.

"Well... he slapped me. Not hard, but enough to hurt."

Craig leaned forward, placing his hand on hers. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. It was nothing, really. Just his way of keeping things in line."

"That sort of thing is never nothing," Craig fired back angrily. "The single most cowardly thing a man can do is hit a woman. Period."

"It's not like I can do anything about it. No witnesses, no proof, not even any physical marks on me. Besides, he's rich and powerful; his connections would protect him from any legal ramifications."

Craig snorted. "He's just lucky I wasn't around, or I'd have shown him the light."

"That's sweet, but you just met me. How do you know I'm worth fighting for?" Jaime asked.

"Don't have to know ya. My momma raised me to love and respect women, and to defend them from anyone who would so much as think of raising a hand to them. Not that I see women as helpless little flowers incapable of defending themselves."

"Well, maybe with some of the women down here who know how to hunt and everything, but I don't think anyone would mistake me for tough."

"Don't sell yourself short," Craig grinned. "Some of the toughest gals I've ever met were tiny little things. It's not about size; it's about mindset. Attitude."

"And you think I could learn to have that kind of mindset?"

"Most definitely."

Jaime smiled, noticing that his hand was still touching hers. To say that she was smitten with Craig would be an understatement. He was more than just the cute, all-American guy; he was sweet and down-to-earth to boot. Seeking a bit more physical contact with him, she slid her hand out from under his and placed it on his forearm, tracing her fingers up to the sleeve of his t-shirt. He blushed a bit at this attention, though that did nothing to deter her. Just as she was about to lean in closer, a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Holy shit, it's her! It's Jaime Little!"

"Dude, you're right! What's she doin' HERE?!"

Jaime spun her head to find at the source of the voices, a look of panic on her face. She reached back to her spot at the bar, scrambling to find her sunglasses, but fumbled and dropped them to the floor. By now, the two college boys who noticed her had made their way over to Craig.

"You lucky bastard! You're gonna get laid tonight!" one said.

"What the hell are you doing?" Craig growled at their intrusion.

"Don't be mad, just wanted to make sure you knew who you're talkin' to. This chick is Jaime Little, one of the hottest pornstars on the scene right now!" the other replied.

"Yeah man, I hear her blowjobs are legendary! She's the best cocksucker in the world!"

At this, Jaime could stand no more. She was busted. Hopping down from her barstool, she made a beeline for the exit, trying to put as much distance between her and the restaurant as she could. Craig sat in stunned silence for a moment before glaring at the two boys.

"The hell is your problem?!"

"What? If she ran off like that, she wasn't gonna fuck you anyway," one of the boys said, holding his hands up in innocence.

"You think I care about THAT?! How could you talk to ANY girl like that?!" Craig shouted.

"Craig, I'll handle this," Steve said from behind the bar. "I believe the little lady dropped her sunglasses. You'd best go return 'em, Son."

"Will do," Craig replied, grabbing her glasses from the floor and running off after her.

Steve turned to the two college boys with a stern expression. "You'll be leaving now."

"What? We just got here!" they protested.

"You came into my bar and called one of my customers a 'cocksucker'! Get the hell outta here, 'fore I call the law! Or should I inspect your ID cards a bit closer?"

They didn't need to be told twice and beat a hasty retreat away from Steve, resulting in a round of applause from the patrons.

*****

Jaime sobbed as she dashed across the sand, barely managing to wipe enough tears away to be able to see where she was going. At last, she came across an abandoned beach chair, flopping down on her knees and burying her face in the seat. As she bawled her eyes out, she soon felt a firm hand on her shoulder. Looking up, she saw that Craig had followed her from the bar.

"You, uh, forgot your sunglasses," he said, handing them to her.

"Thank you," Jaime replied, trying her best to compose herself.

"Jaime, I'm so sorry for what happened back there. There's no excuse for those assholes."

"It's fine. I really should get going."

"Why? Because of what they said? I don't give a damn what they make up about you."

Jaime sighed, hiding her face with her hand. "What if they didn't make it up?"

Craig didn't respond at first, taking in the implications of her question. "Are you saying what they said is true?"

"Yes. I... I really am an adult film star," she admitted. "Best little cocksucker in the business..."

"Stop that."

"Huh?"

"I don't care what you do for a living, no girl deserves to be talked to or about like that," Craig said firmly. "I don't care if what they said is true, those asses had no right to do what they did."

"That's sweet. At least now I know which kind of guy you are," she muttered sarcastically.

"What do you mean?"

"When guys find out what I do for a living, they always fall into two categories," Jaime said. "Either they're disgusted and run away screaming, or they get turned on and expect to get lucky. And you haven't run away screaming."

"Why do you think those are the only two categories?" Craig fired back, a bit insulted by her insinuation.

"I... um..." Jaime stammered, realizing what she had accused him of.

"I mean, I believe what you're saying when it comes to guys out in LA, but things work a little differently down here, at least with guys like me. I'm still processing the fact of what you do for a living, but nothing is gonna cause me to treat you like shit. Neither do I have any expectations about what I'm gonna 'get' from you. That's not how I operate."

With an inquisitive look on her face, Jaime asked, "And how do you operate?"

Craig shrugged. "You're a person first and foremost. That's how I treat anyone I meet."

"So you aren't running away, but you also don't expect to get lucky? Even knowing I'm a pornstar?"

"Nope. I meant what I said earlier: my momma raised me to love and respect women. I'm incapable of that kind of expectation."

Holy shit... is this guy for real?

Staring off into the sunset, Jaime began to question all her preconceived notions: guys, this part of the country, love in general. Three years ago, she had thought moving to LA would make her worldly and experienced. Now, she began to realize how much of a bubble she had been living in the entire time. She knew she couldn't date her costars without it being awkward, and every other man she had met out west was either gay or only wanted the one thing. But here, in an area of the country that she normally wouldn't be caught dead in, she had found a man that seemed different in every way imaginable.

"I'm... I'm sorry for what I said," Jaime finally replied. "I shouldn't have accused you like that."

"Apology accepted," he grinned. "Based on what you've said about your time in LA, I can't really blame you for jumping to that conclusion."

"Yeah, I can't believe decent guys actually exist. Well, they exist in LA, but every last one of 'em is gay." Jaime glanced at Craig for a moment before continuing, "You're not gay... are you?"

"I am very, very straight," Craig laughed.

"Thought as much by your reaction when I touched your arm earlier," she giggled.

"Well yeah, it looked like you were about to kiss me!"

"I might have," Jaime said wistfully. "Guess that's out the window now."

"What makes you say that?"

"Come on, Craig. You're an honest, genuine guy. You deserve better than to get involved with a girl like me."

"You mean someone sweet and funny who's nice to my dad? Naw, why would I ever be attracted to that?!"

"I'm serious, Craig!" Jaime said through a laugh. "It's so flattering to get attention from a great guy like you, but I don't want to lead you on. I'm... kind of damaged goods."

"Didn't I already tell ya to stop talkin' about yourself like that?"

"I do have a stubborn streak."

"And so do I," Craig fired back. "This is what I was talkin' about earlier with that dickhead director of yours."

"How do you mean?"

"Just because you're a tiny girl doesn't mean you can't be tough or intimidating. It comes down to attitude and mindset. The opposite is also true. You seem to have some problems with self-worth, and I guarantee your boss picked up on that. He thinks you an easy target."

"But he had me in breach of contract. That's what started the confrontation. Attitude doesn't change that."

"No, but it might change his reaction to it," Craig said. "Tell me, who is your idol in your line of work? Who do you try to emulate when you're on set?"

"Well, I've always been a big fan of Nina Hartley," Jaime said. "She's been in the business for decades. Even though she's approaching sixty, she's still beautiful, charming, sophisticated, and has a quiet strength to her. She's kinda my hero."

"And how do you think the same situation would have played out between the director and Nina?"

Jaime thought a moment before responding. "She would have understood his reasons for objecting but would demand a respectful, polite approach to it."

"Exactly. I bet she also wouldn't have allowed the director to be alone with her in his office. Too many unknown variables."

"I see... I guess I was pretty stupid to follow him."

"Not at all," Craig replied. "He took advantage of your trusting nature. It's unfortunate how it ended up, but you won't ever allow yourself to be put in that position again. He's still the one in the wrong, Jaime."

"So, if I take responsibility for the facts of the situation but refuse to back down in regards to the circumstances..."

"You show everyone you're tough, smart, and mature all at the same time."

"I like the sound of that... it's gonna be a while before I'm there, though."

"These things take time, Jaime. Positive changes never happen overnight."

"I guess..."

They sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before Craig spoke. "So, would it be alright if I ask a question?"

"Of course," Jaime grinned.

"Why porn? What got you into that to begin with?"

Jaime nodded. "It's a fair question. First, some background. I never knew my parents. My mom gave birth and left me on the doorstep of an orphanage in Portland. The nuns raised me my entire childhood."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's ok," she shrugged. "Given that my mom so easily left me there, it was probably a better situation than her trying to raise me. Anyway, I was never a problem child there, did pretty well in school, but not quite good enough to gain any scholarships for college. Given that it was a Catholic orphanage, you can imagine how the nuns handled things once the girls started coming of age."

"Don't touch yourself or you go to Hell?"

"Pretty much. Didn't stop me, though that was all I did at the time. Some of the girls went a little crazy, sneaking out to have sex with their boyfriends. Hell, one girl got caught with a college student in her bed at the orphanage!"

"Yikes. The nuns' teaching methods might have been lacking, but you've gotta be a special kind of stupid to try somethin' like that!" Craig laughed.

"Damn straight! Anyway, as I approached graduation, my dream was to be a fashion model. I know, so original. I had a nice portfolio put together by my girlfriend from high school, so I figured I had a shot. After graduation, I moved south to LA to look for modeling work. That's when the harsh reality set in. No modeling agency wanted anything to do with me. I'm too small."

"Too small? Even to be a petite model?"

"Yep. Basically, they want all models to be tall, no less than 5"9', just different weights between petite, normal, and plus. I never had a shot."

"Well that's bullshit; petite women are naturally gonna be shorter!" Craig protested.

"I know this and you know this. Anyway, one of the agents I met with gave me the name of an acquaintance of his that might be able to offer me some steady work for good pay. I met with this acquaintance, only to discover it was an interview for nude modeling. It scared me at first, but I was desperate and broke, so I went for it. I did so well at it that they suggested I try having sex on camera. They said the money was even better. Again, I was scared, but decided to try it out, always intending to stockpile money away so I could retire in a few years and strike out on my own. Three years later, here we are."

"Wow... I'm really sorry."

"You're sweet, but don't be. I'm not. I mean, I don't want to make a living having sex on camera, but it's just a means to an end for me. And as well as I'm doing, I have no regrets," Jaime said.

"Even so, these agents and directors disgust me. I know you had a choice and all, but they still prey on desperate young women," Craig replied.

"Yeah, some of them are scum," Jaime mused. Looking at her watch, she said, "I probably should get going back to my hotel."

"Sure. Um, would it be ok if I walk ya home?"

Jaime flashed a megawatt smile. "I'd like that."

The pair strolled along the beach at a leisurely pace, neither in a hurry for their time together to end. As they went, Jaime decided to slip her tiny hand into Craig's, intertwining her fingers with his. He said nothing at this, but his eyes definitely lit up. After a few moments, he spoke.

"I know you said before you didn't want to lead me on. With that in mind, what does this mean?" Craig asked, pointing at their hands.

Jaime sighed. "It means... I don't know for sure what it means, Craig. But I know I couldn't lead you on if I wanted to. I guess in simplest terms, it means I don't want this night to be over."

"I'd have to agree with that sentiment."

"It's kind of a scary thought for me. Craig, I've never felt this way about a guy before. I've had sex with God-only-knows how many men, but I've never been so... flustered."

Craig grinned. "At least now I know you're not leading me on."

"How do you know that?"

"The way you're talking is how Dad described his first date with Mom all those years ago, minus the God-only-knows how many men you've had sex with part, of course," he laughed.

"Aww, that's so sweet!" she gushed.

By now, they were approaching the entrance of Jaime's hotel. She continued to grip Craig's hand tightly, not wanting him to leave her side. Standing outside the door to the lobby, they locked eyes for several long moments. Jaime bit her lower lip before speaking.

"It's still... kind of early, and I heard you say you don't have to play another set at your dad's place. Would you... want to come up for a while?"

Craig grimaced. "I am sorely tempted to take that offer, but I think it best if I don't for tonight."

"I see," she replied quickly, seeing where this was going. "Craig, if you aren't interested in me, you only have to say so."

As Jaime turned to go inside, she felt Craig's strong hand on her shoulder turn her back to face him.

"I am interested in you Jaime. Good lord, I haven't been this attracted to a woman in years! But in my mind, there's a proper order to these things."

"Huh?" she asked, cocking her head.

"A man like me always wants to take a woman out on at least one proper date before accepting an invitation to her room, see?"

Jaime's jaw dropped a bit and a smile spread across her lips. "Are you asking me out on a date?"

"That I am."

"As in, you want to parade me around in public? You wouldn't be embarrassed if someone else recognized me?"

"They can think whatever they want, don't mean I give a damn. Whatcha say?"

"Wow... I've never actually been on a real date. I'd love to!"

"Great! I can take care of the arrangements, since I know this town. When ya thinking? Maybe tomorrow evening?" Craig asked, barely managing to contain his excitement.

"Honestly, I'd love to just spend the whole day with you tomorrow. But please, don't spend too much; I'm perfectly content lounging on the beach."

"Fair enough, but I still got an idea or two. I do have to help dad until about midnight, so how bout I swing by here around ten in the morning?"

"Sounds awesome. Oh, do I need to dress any particular way for your mysterious arrangements?" Jaime asked, twirling her auburn hair in her fingers.

"Maybe, but I gotta make a call first. Can I let ya know for sure tomorrow?"

"Sure! Tell you what, come by my room when you get here, and you can make sure I'm dressed appropriately for... whatever it is you have in mind. Room 607, ok?"

"Room 607, 10 am. I'll be there," Craig repeated, turning to leave.

"Hold up."

As he turned back to her, Jaime sauntered up to Craig and placed her hands on his broad shoulders.

"For the moment, screw the proper order of things," she said with a twinkle in her eye.

Jaime pushed up on her tip toes and reached with all five feet of her body, cupping Craig's face in her hands to bring his 5"9' body within range. After a few delicious and agonizing moments of tension, she met his lips with hers, feeling his arms slip around her back in the process. Their closed-mouth kiss was not passionate or lustful, but quite electric all the same; Jaime had to force her eyes shut so they did not bulge from the sensations she was feeling. After a few seconds, she withdrew and returned to earth with a smile on her face.

"Oh my god... you're something else," she muttered, running her thumb across Craig's cheek.

auguy86
auguy86
1,172 Followers
123456...8