A Meeting in March

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My eyes shuttering, face showing no emotion...yet my heart was ripping in two. Breathlessly answers him...”there is no one else...no one canever take your place...I love you, need you....why??WHY dammit!!

A tight purse of his lips, a habit when he gets frustrated and angry, shakes his head as if in disbelief of the words that he uttered. Gazing into his blue gems, fully seeing the tormented look reflected in my own, knowing he is digging the knife deeper with each word. “There will be...trust me....I can’t be there for you anymore...try as I might...she’s suspicious now...after all these years, I can’t loose her…I need to put my marriage back together...to leave the internet and you behind....”

Rolling once more on my side away from him...harshly utters...”and I am to be discarded, after these three years...as if I was an unwanted puppy and its not Christmas anymore?” the words strangled out, throat closing, eyes spilling tears that shouldn’t fall...telling myself the man isn’t worth it...and never was.

His voice angry as he shouts...”NO!” then softening...”no babe, give me time...”

Shrugging off the warm touch of his hand against my shoulder...snarling...”don’t touch me!!” sobbing softly as my feet touches the floor, raising myself up. Bending to gather purse and bag once more, this time not looking back, forcing myself to rush to the door, slamming it behind me as I head for the elevator...crying hysterically for something that was never meant to be...a heart filled with bitterness....mind filled with anger....and a soul torn apart..

April —-same year

~~”Ocean's apart day after day, and I slowly go insane, I hear your voice on the line, but it doesn't stop the pain. If I see you next to never, how can we stay forever?”… “Right Here Waiting”… “Richard Marx”~~

Listens to the constant ringing tones of the cell..heart thumping as I recognized the number. Paralized….not moving to answer. Gritting my teeth, tossing the phone back into my purse with a heavy sigh. He keeps calling...for what? He keeps emailing...for what? I don’t answer for fear of giving away some emotion, some expression in my voice. Oh, but I long to hear that sexy southern drawl again. Sniffs, hunting for a tissue...feeling as if the weight of the world rested on my shoulders.

What did he want of me? To tell me again how sorry he is?….to tell me to wait?...give him time? Shakes my head…whispering to myself….”its over...and I must get on with my life...do things….hold my head up high again.”

Again, the insistent ringing of the phone, muffled from its leather confines. Raises my head up, slips from the couch and walks swiftly to my desk, turning the computer on….the steady hum soothing somewhat.

Types furiously, throat tight...closing with a wash of tears, trying to maintain some control….clicking the send button….settles back against the chair, to wait….and hope. Softly murmurs…”will always love you…”

12