A Mole in the House Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jayjayk
jayjayk
145 Followers

"According to our sources within the hotel Mr. Whitaker had taken a short leave from his position to work as the late Prince's administrative assistant. Mr. Whitaker's body was found the day after the bombing in a trash dumpster outside the hotel. Details of his death have not been released but we have been told that it appears his body had been savagely beaten. A spokesman for the police department has told us there is 'an overwhelming abundance' of DNA evidence that links the late Prince to Mr. Whitaker's remains."

So that was that.

It took us a long time to come to the decision to leak key points from the manifesto I obtained from Lolly's laptop. When the news ran the story about poor Matthew's death I knew I needed to seek some type of redemption for him.

We had all lost so much but also gained so much over the past year.

Winston made the decision to close the agency because his heart just wasn't in it anymore. He had hoped for so many years that the work we did, the contributions of intelligence gathering would make a difference in the world but with everything that played out over those two short months a year ago his drive to continue the agency was gone.

Lawrence and I have remained at the farm. We've taken over the entire third floor of the antebellum-style main house converting it into our own home with a kitchen, dining room and living room for times we want it to be just us. Our relationship grows stronger every day and I know, just like Desiree had said, I would have never gotten through everything without him. He has and always will be my lifeline.

I found out after I sold the house in Fredericksburg and was packing it up that Winston had a love of trains like I did. We have since converted the basement of the big house into a model train museum combining both our collections and adding to it when we come across those rare finds on Ebay or through our collector sites we frequent. The time we spend in the basement is our time and I appreciate every moment Winston and I spend together.

Eight months after the bombing I was able to start running again. Lawrence still won't run with me, he says I give him more than enough exercise (which I happily do!) but I've found partners in both Ezra, who decided to stay in the United States indefinitely and Abraham who joins us on occasion.

I'm not sure who came up with the idea for our next venture and I actually think it started out as a joke that one day took form, but we have been working diligently to convert the twenty acre portion of the farm Winston kept for himself into a private retreat for more discerning men. With Washington an hour away and powerful men that need to have discretion in their life we decided to create a private haven for them to enjoy themselves. 'The Lodge' is scheduled to open in three months and we are already booked solid.

But that is another story...

jayjayk
jayjayk
145 Followers