A Morehouse Man in Saskatchewan

Story Info
Black stud and Native gal at First Nations University.
1.4k words
7k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,119 Followers

"Welcome to First Nations University," Sarah Willerby said, and the young woman looked at the dozen or so future students (and their parents) who were following her on a tour of campus. As usual, she began with a brief expose on the school's history, and what life was like at Canada's first school dedicated to the educational advancement of people of Aboriginal/First Nations descent.

Sarah talked passionately about First Nations University, a promising school whose history was unfortunately mired in controversy, including unfair staff firings, budget issues, and the like. The Canadian government really doesn't my people to succeed but we will always find a way, Sarah thought bitterly, and then she put a smile on and continued with her erudition on First Nations University and what it meant to her people.

According to recent demographic records, close to a hundred and sixty thousand people who self-identify as First Nations, Aboriginals, Inuit, or Metis, call the province of Saskatchewan their home. Soon the day will come when First Nations people will be the majority in places like Saskatchewan and Manitoba, Sarah thought, and her heart swelled with pride at that prospect.

Sarah Willerby proudly identified as a First Nations woman, and unlike a lot of young First Nations people her age, she was fluent in the tongue of her ancestors. Sarah's parents made damn sure she knew who and what she was. She was born in the City of Regina, Saskatchewan, to a First Nations father, Joseph Willerby, of the Ojibway clan, and a Caucasian mother, Kirsten Donnelly, who moved to Saskatchewan from Boston, Massachusetts, ages ago.

Growing up in the City of Regina, Saskatchewan, Sarah Willerby was often told by fellow First Nations people that she wasn't a pureblood, a term which she loathed. Her response was to learn as much as she could about her father's people and their unique ways and cultures, and become the very best representative of said cultures that she could be. That's why Sarah majored in Nursing and First Nations studies. As First Nations University fell under the umbrella of the University of Regina, they would be the ones to confer her degrees.

"So, in a way, F.N.U. is a lot like the HBCUs of America," said a loud masculine voice, snatching the tour guide out of her train of thought, and Sarah paused to look for the interloper. She'd been talking about the history of the school, and didn't like the interruption. The source of the interruption happened to be a tall, well-dressed young black man who stood next to an older, balding black gentleman. Father and son are dressed to the nines, Sarah thought.

Volunteering as a tour guide on the First Nations University campus was something that Sarah enjoyed. She liked being surrounded by young First Nations men and women, a lot of whom were first-generation students. Some came from cities like Saskatoon and Prince Albert, and others hailed from further down in the Canadian Prairies, like Calgary and Winnipeg. It didn't matter to her, in a way, they were all family...

"Yes, Mr. Adilson, although there are lots of historically black colleges and universities in America, Canada only has one such university to celebrate First Nations cultures," Sarah replied, and she narrowed her eyes at Douglas Adilson, the international student from Atlanta, Georgia. Douglas chuckled softly, as though Sarah had just said something immensely funny. The dude had future class clown written all over him...

I must try to be nice to the foreign students, international students bring a lot of revenue to the school, Sarah reminded herself. She'd been given a list of names along with the places they hailed from, something which always helped with her tour guide duties. Lately, the international student population at First Nations University had doubled, with an influx of students from places like America, Nigeria, Guyana, China, and Mexico.

"Doug, stop interrupting the young lady," said the elder Adilson, and he playfully cuffed his son on the shoulder. Douglas rolled his eyes, and then flashed Sarah one of those smiles that must melt many a young lady's heart...back in Atlanta. Sarah smiled politely, even though she totally agreed with the elder Adilson, Mr. Antonio, according to her fact sheet, swatting his talkative son.

"Folks, please follow me to the library, it's the hub of campus, next to the student center," Sarah said, and her retinue followed her dutifully to the campus library. As to be expected, there were dozens of students seated at computer terminals, doing work, or casually browsing their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. The kind of scene that could be found at any school in the western world...except that most of these students were of First Nations descent.

"Um, ma'am, do you have a minute, it's me, Douglas," came the now familiar voice, and Sarah, who'd bent over to get a drink at a nearby fountain turned and found herself staring at Douglas Adilson, the talkative African American from Atlanta. The young man smiled nervously and seemed contrite, and Sarah wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, then nodded politely. What does this fool want?

"Hello again, Mr. Adilson, so, how do you like the First Nations University campus?" Sarah said, and she looked at the young man, who stroked his goateed chin thoughtfully. Looking past Douglas, Sarah saw that various members of her party were walking around the campus library, talking among themselves. Just my luck that I am stuck with this one, Sarah thought.

"Hmm, well, honestly, I think the school is okay, and if you're any indication, the local girls are hot, I think I am going to like it here," Douglas replied, and a wicked smirk creased his face. Sarah rolled her eyes, and barely bit down a smart-mouthed reply. Dream on, American dude, I want to marry a handsome and proud First Nations man, not mess around with foreigners, Sarah thought icily.

"Well, it's nice to have goals," Sarah said at last, and her reply seemed to puzzle Douglas. Before he could say something, she excused herself and then hollered at the other tour group members, summoning them to her side. After doing a quick head count, Sarah led the rest of the group out of the library. She didn't even bother to make sure that Douglas was among them. This fool can go to hell, Sarah thought slyly.

Dammit, Miss Native American hottie has one hell of a booty, Douglas Adilson thought to himself, and he smiled as he followed the tour group out of the campus library. Sarah led them to another part of the First Nations University campus, which was decidedly much bigger than it looked. The school looked like no other place that Douglas had ever set foot in...

Sometimes I hate this gig, Sarah thought, annoyed by the fact that Douglas was checking her out, and not so discretely either. She could swear she felt the American's gaze on her. And she was definitely right. Tall and curvy, with long dark hair and dark bronze skin, Sarah looked terrific in a black vest over a red turtleneck shirt and yoga pants. Speaking of pants, Sarah's ample derriere was straining the hell out of the ones she had on. This of course gave Douglas a great visual to work with...

"Son, quit staring at that young lady and let's catch up to the group," said Douglas father Antonio Adilson, and the young man smiled and nodded. Father and son caught up with the rest of the campus tour group just as Sarah took them to the First Nations Art Gallery. They were mesmerized by the art works, First Nations weapons, ceremonial tools and whatnot that adorned the walls, and were on clear-glass display cases. I am really going to like it here, Douglas thought confidently.

Douglas Adilson, the Atlanta-born son of hard-working Cape Verdean immigrants and restaurant owners Antonio Adilson and Mariela Monteiro-Adilson found himself bored after his sophomore year in the business management program at Morehouse College. Douglas absolutely loved the prestigious historically black school, but he'd lived in the City of Atlanta, Georgia, his whole life. I really must explore life outside the South, Douglas lamented.

When an opportunity to spend a year abroad as an exchange student at a Canadian university presented itself, Douglas Adilson practically jumped on it. Far from home, he was checking out the school with his father. For the Adilson men, it was their first visit to Canada. This is going to be an unforgettable year, Douglas thought as he and his father followed the lovely, feisty Sarah Willerby and the others to the other side of the First Nations Art Gallery.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,119 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Gym Member Benefits Ch. 05 Sexploits of a voracious redhead.in Fetish
Kyleigh's Mom Ch. 01 A divorcee's fling with a college freshman isn't enough.in Erotic Couplings
One Whore's Town Ch. 01 It's not big enough for the both of them.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Starduster An Earth woman is taken aboard an alien starship.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Encounter at the Movies He got more than he expected at the small town movie house.in Erotic Couplings
More Stories