A Mother Always Knows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,937 Followers

"Way to go, Mikey, you asshole," Andie hatefully spat, "So, that's it, you're just gonna go away and leave us again?" But then again, before I could explain, she followed the same path as her daughter, tears raining down her face.

"Jesus Christ," I replied, looking at my father, "I'm just going there to get everything ready to move back home."

"That's good, son," he laughed, "Otherwise you'll have at least three women that I know of, ready to kill you if not." All of a sudden I heard Andie's car leaving the driveway, as Dad looked out of the kitchen window and smiled, "Leave them be, son. I'll tell them when they come back."

"Don't," I replied, perturbed at both Andie and Leah for not giving me a chance to explain before they started throwing their little temper tantrums, "Let them think what they want to. We can stop by and I'll tell Liv before I leave and she can tell them."

~~~~~~

When we stopped by the Sanders' residence on the way to the airport, I was informed by Floyd and Marie that both Liv and Caitlyn had gone with my sister and my niece, and that they didn't know when they would return.

I told them about the phone call from my ex-wife and explained what I had planned, when Marie suddenly giggled, "Ooo, and I can only imagine what they told Olivia."

Floyd laughed, "No wonder Olivia was so pissed off at you when they left here, Mikey."

"Great," I said, shaking my head, "Now what am I gonna do?"

"Why don't you give them a dose of their own medicine?" Dad chuckled, "Besides, I think it's about time you finally got the chance to get your sister and your niece back for all the shit they throw at you."

"But that means I can't tell Liv, either," I warily replied, "And you know I'll catch hell from her for this."

"Oh I don't think so, son," laughed Floyd, "Those three girls need to come down off of their high horses and quit jumping to conclusions all the damn time, and I think this will be good for them, all three of them."

"Ain't that the damn truth," Dad heartily laughed, "You sure said a mouthful there, Floyd, old buddy."

"I agree," Marie giggled, "You go on ahead, Mike, honey. And we'll keep a lid on things here until you get back, okay."

"Jeez," I laughed, "Remind me never to piss you guys off."

~~~~~~

Three and a half hours later, I was in Malibu, in the living room of my house, and on the phone making arrangements to have my possessions packed up and ready to move. As I stood out on my patio and looked at the Pacific Ocean as the waves rolled onto the shore, I knew that I was going to miss all this, but I also knew that I would miss Liv and Caitlyn so much more if I were to stay. It was going to be three days before the movers got here, (which kind of aggravated me for not being able to go back home sooner) and that would give me more than enough time to make the arrangements to pay a crew of qualified people to break down my recording studio. Then once they were done, they would also pack up and ship all the components to me in Texas.

~~~~~~

That night I lay awake in my bed thinking of all the things that had come to pass since I was last here. I smiled thinking about Liv and Caitlyn, and how much I loved them both. I even chuckled a little bit to myself when I remembered how Andie and Leah acted that morning. They hadn't even given me a chance to explain before they both took off and left. Of course, when I was growing up, I knew that was typical of my sister; and now it seems that Leah, her daughter, acted just like her mother in so many different ways. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and always will, but just like Floyd Sanders had said earlier; it was about time that Liv, Andie and Leah came down off their high horses and stopped jumping to conclusions. Man, this was going to be fun and I could barely wait to see the looks on their faces when I got back home.

~~~~~~

The packing crew arrived the next morning at nine o'clock, sharp. As I watched them meticulously packing my belongings into the boxes they had brought with them, I understood why it was going to be three days before the moving crew got here. I didn't realize how much junk I had accumulated since I'd been in California, and it was going to take that long just to get everything packed.

The studio techs arrived an hour later and began breaking down my recording studio, getting it ready to ship. It was going to cost me a little over twenty thousand dollars to get everything moved, but I could very easily afford it now; and no expense was too great for the opportunity to still be able to work from home while being around my family at the same time.

~~~~~~

It rained that night and as soon as I finally got to sleep, I was abruptly awoken by the sound of someone banging loudly on my front door. Then I heard a distinctly familiar female voice shouting, "OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW, MICHAEL FALLON. I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!!!!" It was Liv; I'd know her voice anywhere.

"Oh boy," I mischievously smiled, as I got out of bed, "It's time to pay the pipers."

By the time I got to the door the banging started again, and just as I opened it, Liv stood there looking like a drowned rat, soaked from head to toe. "Hi, Baby" I knowingly smiled, "What're you doing here?"

"Don't you 'Hi Baby' me," Liv spat, pushing past me and walking into my house, "Where is that fucking bitch?"

"Where is who, Liv," I asked, trying desperately to keep from laughing, "What in the world are you talking about."

I saw blue fire flashing from her eyes as she hatefully replied, "You know damned good and well who I'm talking about."

"No," I replied laughing, no longer being able to hold back, "I don't know who you're talking about."

"Your ex-wife," she growled, "I'm here to kick that bitch's ass."

"If she was here you could," I smiled, "But I have no idea where she is so; I guess you're out of luck."

"Then....." she began, and then looking around in bewilderment, asked, "What the hell is going on here, Michael?"

By this time I had turned on the lights and had led her down the hall to my bathroom. As I wrapped a dry towel around her and held her in my arms, I kissed her lips and said, "You've been listening to Andie and Leah without giving me the benefit of talking to me first."

"But Andie and Leah said that....."

"They both took off before I could explain anything," I interrupted, handing her my bathrobe, "Now, get out of those wet clothes and put this on, then meet me in the kitchen." My washer and dryer were still plugged in, as was my kitchen still in tact so, after Liv handed me her wet clothing, I went and put them into the dryer and then started brewing a pot of coffee.

~~~~~~

When Liv walked into the kitchen, I saw that the rain had completely washed the make up from her face, making her look like the same little girl whom, and I hadn't really realized until recently, I had fallen in love with so many years ago.

"Before you say anything," I began, while gently taking the towel from around her head, "I want you to know that I came out here to move back home. I love you, Liv, and I'm so very sorry that it took me all these years to realize that I've always loved you."

"Oh Michael, I love you," she cried, tightly wrapping her arms around my neck and pressing her body tightly against mine, "You must think I'm absolutely crazy." I began to laugh, making her ask, "What?"

"Well, Sweetie," I smiled, leaning away from her to look into her eyes, "As long as you're crazy about me I can handle it."

She suddenly gave me a sly look, and then stepping away from me while placing her hands on her hips, asked, "So, what're you saying, Michael?"

"You know damned good and well what I'm saying, Liv, honey," I grinned, "I'm saying that I'm gonna marry you when we get back to Texas."

"Is that what you call a proposal, Michael?"

"No, it's not," I smiled, "But I can't very well ask you to marry me without a ring to put on your finger, now can I?"

"Wait right here," she giggled, quickly kissing my lips, "I'll be right back," then she shot out the front door to her rental car parked in the driveway.

~~~~~~

Liv came back into the kitchen carrying a small bag, and after reaching into it; she excitedly pulled out a white envelope and a small rectangular box, the same one Dad had given her, and placed them both on the kitchen counter.

After setting her bag on the floor, she handed me the envelope and said, "I want you to open and read this."

I pulled the letter from the envelope, and my father's handwriting, my mother's words said:

My Precious Libby,

If you're reading this letter, then it means that I've already gone to be with God. I wanted to tell you that I've always loved you like you were my own daughter, and I'd always hoped that one day you would be. I know that you love Michael very much, and that's why I'm asking you to wait for him. He doesn't know this, but he loves you very much, and I have a plan to see to it that he realizes this. Be patient with him Libby, sweetheart, and I promise you that once he sees the light, he will help rid you of the darkness that is in your soul from being treated the way you were treated in college. Like I said before, I have always loved you like you were my own, and my only regret is not being there in person to kick Michael's little ass and show him the way. But you and I both know that if anyone can make him see, it's you. In the box that goes with this letter are my wedding and engagement rings. When Michael asks you to marry him, and I promise you that he will, I want you to wear these rings, if you so choose. If not, I understand. I love you and I promise you that we will see each other again.

All My Love,

Amanda

P.S. Tell Michael that I love him very much and I always will.

When I finished reading the letter, I looked up to find as many tears raining down Liv's face as were raining down my own. And all I could do was to pull Liv into my arms and cry, "I love you, Liv, I swear by all that's holy that I do."

"I love you Michael," she cried into my chest, "I will always love you and I promise that I'll never leave you."

So, after placing my mother's ring on her finger, I proposed to Liv and needles to say, she accepted. We were married three months later, and exactly nine months after that, we gave Caitlyn a baby sister, whom Liv insisted that we name Amanda.

I continued writing music and went on to earn eight more Grammy's. Liv and I both earned an Oscarâ„¢ the following year for a song that we wrote together named, "A Mother Always Knows".

The End

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,937 Followers
1...345678