A Murder - A Maker Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Riss breathed hard and shallow, her excitement at the situation obvious, and I could feel the tiny jitters of adrenaline that suffused her system. Her other hand finally stopped its small torture, the pair of digits within me slipping out before her palm shifted to hold me snugly between the legs, waiting. Overcome by the orgasm and deprived of sight, I have no idea how long the man stood nearby but eventually the heavy sounds of his departure came down to us, and I could hear levers being jammed this way and that near the front of the train car.

Hushed, delighted laughter rushed across the side of my face and Riss let go of my mouth, lips burning as they kissed my cheek. The hand at my groin squeezed gently, prompting a soft whimper amidst my pants, then pulled away.

"That was incredible!" she hissed. "Did you hear how close he came?" Her voice trembled with excitement. I opened my mouth to say something, only for two damp fingers to slide in, curling down to pin my tongue to the bottom of my mouth. A blush exploded across my face and I nearly opened my eyes at the strong taste of my own arousal.

"Here," Riss whispered. "Clean up. Shhh, don't whine. He's coming back."

***

The rest of the trip passed quietly. Riss left my uniform unzipped but shifted to hold me in a lazy hug, one of her legs finding its way to tangle between mine, and she combed fingers through my hair as we waited in the dark. I think I slept for a while. After a few more hours, or what felt like it, the train began to slow down markedly, bringing my head up and my eyes open to scan the area. This time Riss didn't chide me to close my eyes again, and I was grateful for that. Even the half-dark of the compartment we occupied was starting to bother me.

"We're nearly to Prosperity, I think," she told me, voice drowsy and thick. "There's a lot of warehouses on the south side of the city, and most of the transport lines go through there." She let out a pleased hum and snuggled closer, jaw settling against the side of my head. "We're gonna hop out there, but security shouldn't be any concern."

Rumors name Prosperity as the most beautiful and active city on Mars. From the moment we climbed out the maintenance hatch onto the rails, I never had an opportunity to test how true that is. Riss grabbed my arm just after I zipped up my uniform and she pulled me away from the long line of train cars, heading across a shipping yard and behind a tall gray building. The first few steps were brutal after so long half-curled in our stowaway space, but after my muscles had finally stretched themselves out the walk became invigorating. As we crossed off that portion of development we quickly entered a web of narrow alleyways, most the consequence of slipshod prefabricated units crammed into as little space as possible. The smuggler seemed utterly at home here, ducking around corners and skipping over refuse in our path, but I lost my bearings within minutes. We didn't cross a soul for the better part of an hour, and by the time the buildings around us began to rise and reflect better engineering the scattered individuals we passed in the broadening alleys seemed well acquainted with minding their own matters, even around people wearing bright detention uniforms.

Eventually Riss led me down a half-flight of stairs and through a set of heavy metal doors. From the moment they cracked open deep bass sounds rumbled out, sudden enough to put my teeth on edge. She laughed at my expression, taking my wrist again and yanking me inside.

"I know this place," she shouted over the din. "We'll get your ride all set up, Min, a deal's a deal! Come on."

The doors led onto a mezzanine, overlooking a recessed pit crowded with people drinking or dancing. The lights were tinted red, basking everything various shades from pink to orange. I stared, wide eyed, and Riss led me down the mezzanine and onto the main floor, where we threaded around the edge of the room before I noticed her lifting her hand to gesture something to someone I couldn't see up ahead. She turned to me and ushered me into a narrow booth, meeting my inquiring look with nothing more than a wink and a grin. Two men sat on the opposite side of the table, both looking thoroughly drunk. The one on the right was large but in a rotund sort of way, his face round and rosy-cheeked, with bloodshot eyes. The other was thinner and had a sour look in his eyes. Riss leaned down instead of joining me in the booth, telling the sour man,

"She's a client. You'll get the details in a few minutes and it's a real simple job, so don't go eeling off anywhere, Ivalian. I'm gonna get some drinks!"

She rose and slipped away with a wriggle of her fingers toward me, and I nearly leapt up to pursue her. Instead, licking my lips, I turned my attention back to my newfound company. The sour man kept staring at me. Before I managed to work up the nerve to say something on my own, his companion rocked forward to study me. Offering a benign smile, he asked,

"It isn't every day that we get a passenger dropped in our laps by none other than Riss, a dear friend who had gone dark for six weeks without so much as a message to console her worry-ridden associates. Tell me, young lady, just where is it that she shall have us take you?"

His voice was slow and soothing, each word given a dramatic timbre that forced a smile on my face. Not as drunk as I had thought at first glance, it seemed, given the spark that showed in his glassy, bloodshot eyes.

"I have heard there is a station out by Phobos," I said. "At least, I've been told there's one there." His thin eyebrows climbed high onto his forehead at that, farther than I would have thought possible. Fighting back a laugh, I continued, "That is where I would like to go. If possible. Riss needed help with something, and promised to arrange passage for me if things worked out." It didn't strike me until after I had spoken that keeping some secrets might be wise, but there was an irresistible charisma about the cheerful man, even with his irritated shadow at his side.

"Mmm," the corpulent man replied. "They must have worked out very nicely. Indeed, to sumptuous perfection, if our dear friend made such a promise to one like you, young lady. To think of the wealth you might deliver, fated as cargo rather than passenger." He sighed elaborately and shook his head. "But what is there to be done?"

Unease blossomed in my chest at his words. As I thought them over again a hand settled on my shoulder, and Riss nudged me deeper into the booth before claiming my former seat. She set a glass in front of me, a green fizzing liquid reaching to the brim within it, and lifted an identical drink in toast.

"Drink up," she said, tapping her glass to mine as soon as I picked it up. I watched her gulp down her drink, then glanced at my own. I couldn't doubt her now, I realized. If not for Riss I wouldn't have even had the will to try and make an escape on my own, and even if I had I wouldn't have stood a chance alone. I smiled briefly and lifted the glass to my lips, tipping it back to down the contents in a pair of large gulps. The taste was explosive and left a fruity tang in my mouth afterward, and within moments the warm spread of intoxication began to spread through me.

"Oh," I mumbled. Riss had been watching me and grinned at that, reaching out to give my nearest leg a squeeze. "Strong stuff," she admitted. "I thought you could use it." I think she was able to sense some of my unease, because she left her hand on my leg while she took charge of the conversation. The sound of the large man's voice was pleasant, and I leaned my head back against the booth's padding and let my eyes flutter shut. The weight of our imprisonment and the threat of recapture had finally been shed, and a plan was taking form for me to move forward. Lulled by the spreading inebriation and the resounding bass filtering down from overhead, I fell asleep.

***

For all our medical advancements, the hangover remains. At one instant I dreamed of a warm fog, guiding hands, and soft instructions; at the next I was woke supine on a mattress, letting out a feeble groan as my eyes cracked open and the light overhead threatened to tear my brain apart. I coughed and stirred, realizing I was naked, then that comfortable sheets covered me, then -as I hesitantly fought to open my eyes again- that I had no idea where I was. The habitation space around me was one large room, clean and adorned with a variety of keepsakes, art, and decoration. When I rolled onto my side I spotted a small glass of water resting a few feet from the bed, and began a groaning slog for the refreshment.

After draining the water I gingerly sat up. A stack of clothing rested a corner near the foot of the bed, my gloves neatly folded atop them and the grungy prison uniform nowhere to be found. Lethargically shifting up to my knees and letting the sheet pool around me, I clutched the bundle of clothing to my chest and pushed off the bed, tottering toward the blocked off corner of the room that I hoped would turn out to be a bathroom. It was, and after heating the water I ducked inside and scrubbed myself clean time and time again, luxuriating in the privacy and comfort.

When I finally emerged from the cubicle, still adjusting the jacket on my shoulders, hair damp and twisted up behind my head, Riss was lounging against a counter by the kitchen region of the room. She glanced me over and let out a soft laugh, straightening up and ambling for me.

"You look better," she said, unfolding the sides of a visor and lifting it as she stopped before me. "Here. This will help." The visor slid into place along my brow, the lens transparent before me, but reflective or opaque on the outside depending on the setting.

"Thank you," I said, voice a croak. I coughed, swallowed, and resumed, "You look great." It was no exaggeration - my clothes were comfortable and fit relatively well, but Riss had transformed from the scraggly escapee I had known her as before. Her hair was smooth and had regained a faint luster, while her clothing was stylish and held an expensive flair. She grinned sheepishly at the praise, shrugging.

"Thanks. You can keep that stuff, part of the deal. It's mine, but it looks good on you. In half an hour or so Ivalian and Jardine will be stopping by to pick you up. I'd stay, but there's some business I'm gonna have to take off to start handling. You good?"

"I think so," I answered slowly, staring at her. The comfort of the environment and her generosity warmed me, and made the realization that we were parting ways difficult. She stepped forward while I thought, a hand brushing my cheek on its way to cradle the base of my skull. Gently tugging me closer, she pressed a warm kiss to my lips, then pulled back.

"Take care of yourself, Min," she quietly told me. "You've been great, and if you hadn't come along when you did I'd still be trying to piece together a way out of that shithole. I'm gonna miss you."

"I shall miss you as well," I said, tasting my lips for a final hint of her sweetness. Her confidence was unassailable, I reflected, and a smile settled on my face. She matched my smile, giving the back of my head a gentle squeeze before pulling away from me.

"Who knows," she said, slipping through the room's sole real door, "Maybe I'll see you again." I had a feeling she didn't think it likely, but the thought still reassured me as I turned to settle back on the bed and wait.

An hour later the pair of men from the night earlier bustled into the room, the portly man - Jardine, I now knew - pouring forth apologies about tardiness even as they shepherded me outside. Ivalian seemed in a much better mood, sober, but the lingering elements of my hangover made the unrelenting vomit of words Jardine seemed capable of producing absolute torture. The hallway beyond the room led to a staircase, and in moments the three of us were out on a busy causeway, where the pair led me immediately back into a network of alleys and abandoned streets, ultimately arriving at a dilapidated hanger. The ramp of a nearby ship was already lowered, and I scarcely had time to look the vessel over before I was ushered within it.

Both men made for the cockpit and soon I could feel the engine hum to life. The ship was small, the passenger bay I stood in only having four seats and no real room for cargo, though I thought that more than likely a deceit. Turning, I trailed the pair of men to the cockpit.

"Dear friend," Jardine said upon spotting me, glancing my way while his hands flew here and there, manipulating a few different pads hooked into the ship's systems. "We are prepared to the utmost to deliver you to this vile station that you wish to reach. But curiosity drives me to ask - what do you seek? We care for all our passengers, Ivalian and I, as the dearest companions. No, more, as most intimate family. I fear the risks of your destination are many. What is it you wish to do?"

"I need help killing someone," I answered. Again, I wished that he did not appeal to my sense of trust so deeply. "Someone told me this was the best place to look."

He watched me for a while, benevolent features still showing a mix of understanding and concern. Ivalian stirred in the pilot's seat, cleared his throat, and glanced back at me.

"You'll want to go sit down and strap in, miss. We're set to take off."

"Yes, yes," the other man agreed. "Do sit down. You shall discover no answers stumbling during our ascent and breaking your neck in a clumsy mishap, and we would be distraught. Shoo, shoo."

I straightened and backed down the hall at the encouragement, shaking my head. It was hard to make something concrete out of those two, and they made a strange pair. Shaking my head again, more sharply, I tried to clear away the distraction as I settled down and fastened the straps to hold me in place. The shuttle was already beginning to lift clear of the landing pad and a surge of anticipation rushed through me, fingers curling into gentle fists. One step closer, I thought. It had been a mess getting here, but now I had escaped, and finally made the connections I needed to. The station lay ahead, and Tremain Voss was only a matter of time beyond that.

The shuttle darted forward, twisting for the sky and breaking Mars' atmosphere with a lazy curve. Hands tightening around the straps guarding my shoulders, I squeezed my eyes shut and waited.