A Murder Misstery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"One of us has to wear the pants around here," she taunted me. "I thought I'd take you out to lunch, then maybe we can do a little shopping so you won't have to wear my clothes. How are you fixed for cash?"

"We got our bonuses in January, so I'm flush...uh oh!"

"What?"

"If the feds are looking for me, how am I going to get into my bank account?"

"Like any working girl, use your ATM to take out as much cash as you can every day."

"Hmm....they'll be watching my account, and once they see that I'm using an ATM machine in Rosemont, they'll be all over you."

"This is true...how about if you write a big check to me, only date it like a week ago, and I'll cash it for you?"

"I really don't want to get you in trouble, Tracy...say, does Ashley have any ID around here?"

"Clever girl! You do look an awful lot like her now. Let's see, she may have left her airline credential when she went on vacation, let me check." Sure enough, Ashley's photo ID was in a drawer of her nightstand, and it bore an uncanny resemblance to me in her wig.

"Okay, only I'll have to go downtown to one of the big branches of my bank." I retrieved my wallet from the pile of guy clothes on the closet floor and found the blank check I always carried with me. After I made it out to Ashley in the amount of $5,000, I was about to stuff it into the pocket of my little blue jacket when Tracy started to laugh. "Girls don't carry their money like that, dear," she explained. She went into the closet and came back with a navy blue purse and one of her old wallets. "Here, let's set you up like a proper woman." Soon my purse was chock full female essentials like lipstick, a compact, a brush, tissues, and a nail file in addition to the wallet.

After Tracy put on a pair of sturdy shoes, a wool cap and a pea coat, she loaned me one of her uniform topcoats and a pair of women's gloves, and we were off. I was very self-conscious at first, and Tracy had to tell me to smile and act natural. "Stand up straight...stop staring at your feet!" she scolded me. When we stepped outside, the winter wind whipped my skirt and coat around my knees, and the frigid air cut through my stockings like a knife. "Now I know why you're wearing pants!" I groaned.

"Better get used to it, sweetheart. You look like a girl dressed like that, but I don't know how convincing you'd be in pants."

"Whatever," I sighed. My girlish voice was becoming a little more natural to me, and we bantered back and forth to take our minds off my troubles.

"Hungry?" she asked me.

"Starving."

"Okay, let's find someplace where I can teach you how to eat like a girl."

It dawned on me that Tracy was acting more and more in charge, almost like she was the guy. "You're digging this, aren't you?" I asked.

"If you're asking me whether I'm happy that my boyfriend is on the ten most wanted list, the answer is no."

"But you are digging the fact that I have to act like a chick."

"I have to admit, it's been a blast so far. Watching you try to pretend you're a girl is a hoot, and you gotta admit, the sex was amazing."

Just thinking about it made me stir again, which was a very uncomfortable feeling. I closed my eyes and tried to forget about my manhood, trapped and throbbing in its silken prison. At least my tight skirt and heels made it impossible for me to walk like a man, and it was a struggle to keep up with Tracy.

We arrived at the Rosemont station, and I fished awkwardly through my purse for money to pay for our tickets to Chicago on the Blue Line. Fortunately, the station was almost deserted at that hour, and a train came along in a few minutes. As soon as we found our seats, I kicked off my heels and flexed my aching toes, which were cold under my stockings. Tracy smiled sympathetically before she closed her eyes to catch some sleep.

Instead of looking out for cops, I studied the faces of other passengers for any indication that they saw through my disguise, but once again everyone else was either reading or sleeping. As we rolled through the Chicago suburbs, I actually closed my eyes and nodded off for a few minutes. Without realizing it, I was getting more and more used to myself as a woman.

We woke up with a start when the train went underground for the final run into downtown Chicago, and soon we were making our way through the crowded concourse, looking for a place to eat. Nothing appealed to us, then Tracy had an inspiration and we rode up the escalator to State Street. Once again, I cursed my fate as the winter weather knifed through my nylons, and as we made our way towards Macy's, it occurred to me that I was the only person on the sidewalk, man or woman, showing any leg. "Look at me! I'm the only dumb-dumb in a dress!"

"Poor baby! We'll get you some tights and boots after lunch."

Although we were both famished, I saw a branch office of my bank across the street, and I told Tracy to wait outside. She gave me a little kiss on the cheek for good luck after I instructed her to melt away in the crowd if I was apprehended. There was a long line waiting for tellers, but it moved quickly, and soon I was face to face with a young woman who scrutinized my check, then my ID, then me. "Do you have an account with us?" she inquired.

"No."

"It should be all right, since the check is drawn on one of our accounts. It's just that the amount is so large, I'll have to get an assistant vice president to approve it." My knees were shaking while we waited for an unctuous man to appear, but after he looked me over and glanced at my ID he scribbled his initials and the teller began counting out hundred dollar bills. As soon as she was through counting it all twice, I stuffed the wad into my purse and beat a hasty retreat.

Tracy had a relieved smile on her face when I joined her outside. "Can we add forgery to your list of firsts today?" she asked.

I stuck out my tongue at her. "Better be nice to me if you want me to pay for lunch."

We crossed the street again and continued on our way towards Macy's, still thought of by Chicagoans as Marshall Fields. After we went through the revolving door into the vast department store, I gratefully unbuttoned my topcoat and peeled off my gloves. It was unnerving to see my manicured fingers again, just another reminder of my newfound femininity, and I got zapped with cologne by a girl in a white smock as we fought our way past the cosmetics counters.

The restaurant upstairs was a Chicago institution, and most of the lunch crowd was gone by then, so we were seated immediately. Tracy taught me how to drape my coat over the back of my chair, and she suggested that I visit the ladies room to repair what the wind had done to my wig. "Does it look funny?" I asked.

"No, you just look like a girl who's been through a force ten gale. Now you know why I wore this hat."

I had so much to learn about being a woman!

Fifteen minutes later, I rejoined a very impatient Tracy at the table. "Where have you been?" she steamed.

"Well, let's see...first I had to wait for a stall..."

"You needed a stall to comb your hair?"

"Please...nature called, and after I scored a stall, it took me a while to figure out how to get my panties and pantyhose down far enough to sit down, while holding up my slip and skirt of course...what a hassle!"

"I hope everything came out all right," she said sarcastically.

"Yes, darling. It did take me forever to put everything back together, and then I went to work on my hair...it looked like a fright wig! I almost pulled it clear off my head, which would have been a little embarrassing, considering the crowd that was in there, although none of them had a clue. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this. How do I look?"

Tracy backed off. "You look like you've been a woman all your life," she said. "Believe me, I know girls who would kill to have your figure, and who knew that your face would paint up so pretty?"

I must have blushed, and once again I had the nagging feeling that I was getting way too good at this...what kind of a man was I? A waitress materialized before I could think of what to say, and we busied ourselves with the menus. I followed Tracy's lead and ordered a salad and iced tea, something a girl would have for lunch. When we were alone again, Tracy launched into her lesson. "Cut your food into little pieces...always ask for the dressing on the side...leave something on your plate..." On and on she went, schooling me on the ways of being a woman, from etiquette to fashion, even hygiene and how to watch my weight. It was so strange, sitting there with her like another girl, feeling more and more like I was becoming one.

When we were through with our ladies' lunch, Tracy insisted on picking up the check, then she steered me back to State Street for the short walk to Filene's Basement. There, I was overwhelmed by the endless racks of skirts, tops and dresses, as well as accessories, lingerie and outerwear. We must have spent two hours trying outfits out on me, after I overcame a panic attack waiting for the sentry in the fitting room to give me a plastic number indicating the number of items I was carrying. Soon I was the proud owner of a complete woman's wardrobe: panties, bras, skirts and dresses, tights and tops, coats and sweaters, even a nightgown with a matching robe to sleep in. Just when I thought we were finished, Tracy dragged me to a Payless shoe store where I tried on and bought several pair of flats, heels and boots.

Our final stop was Walgreen's, where Tracy helped me stock up on foundation, powder, eyeliner, nail polish, shadow, blush, lipstick and mascara, as well as an array of brushes of sponges and a cosmetics bag to put them in.

I was totally exhausted by the time we made our way to the underground concourse to catch the Blue Line back to Rosemont. The train was crowded with commuters this time, but we were able to find two seats together, and once again I dozed off as we streaked through the gathering dusk. When we got to our stop, we buttoned up our coats and slogged our way back to back to Tracy's apartment, laden down with shopping bags, feeling exhausted, exhilarated, and slightly silly. Tracy uncorked a bottle of wine while I tried to find space for my new things in her crowded closet and dresser.

"We forgot to get me some bling," I said when I joined her in the kitchen.

"What would you like, a diamond tiara?"

"No, it's just that you know, I hate to take your stuff...."

"Girlfriend, I'm just happy that you're not wearing my clothes. If you want to keep those trinkets you've got on, be my guest, although I do think you should have your ears pierced." I ignored the suggestion, not wanting to go there...it seemed so permanent! "We should put a ring on your finger, so the guys don't hit on you...."

"Sh'yea, right!"

"I'm serious, missy," Tracy said as she poured us each a glass of wine. "In case you don't know it, you are seriously hot, and I'm surprised you haven't been hit on already."

Tracy fixed us a salad, and then some pasta, while we gabbed through the night about girl stuff. After two bottles of wine, and some Ben and Jerry's ice cream, we were ready for bed. It felt great to take off my girl's clothes and cream off my makeup, and even better to slip into my nightgown and crawl into bed beside Tracy...that night we had the most glorious sex of our lives, taking turns pleasing each other, crying out in ecstasy as we each went to places we'd never been before.

When we were both sated, Tracy lit up a Benson & Hedges and we shared puffs contentedly. "That was amazing," she said. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Do you think I could pass as a guy?" That totally threw me. What kind of weird hang-up was this? Then again, who was I to talk? "I don't mean that I want to be a guy," she went on, "but seeing you like you were today makes me wonder whether I could pull it off like you."

Something told me there was more going on beneath the surface. "I don't know...I think you're too pretty."

"Thanks, but what if I had a fake mustache or something."

"Then you'd look like a fairy with a mustache. Is that what you want?"

"No!" she punched me in the arm. "I guess I'll have to content myself with being your lesbian lover." For some reason that turned us both on again, and we made slow, sweet love until our bodies were utterly spent.

The next morning, Tracy fixed breakfast while I shaved, bathed and dressed in one of my new outfits. I decided on my plaid kilt, turtleneck and tights, accessorized by a gold chain around my waist. After I pulled on my calf-length boots, I studied my reflection in the mirror. If anything, I looked more like a girl than yesterday. What in the world was happening to me?

"Let me see you," Tracy said when I sat down to breakfast. "Hmm...your makeup isn't bad, and your hair looks nice...wow, I love your kilt, it looks so cute with that sweater. You really should have been a girl, you know."

Once again, that nagging suggestion that I was getting way too good at this...I dismissed the thought and focused on the matters at hand. "When's your next flight?"

"I have to leave for the airport at six, why?"

"Because my plan is to lure Norman Wolf back here tonight to get the truth out of him. According to the paper, he just made bail, and if I know Norman, he'll be on Rush Street getting drunk."

"Lure him? What, are you gonna put on a cocktail dress and come on to him at a singles bar?"

"You got it...he's divorced, and he hangs out at Gibson's most nights when he's in Chicago."

"You go, girl...only what are you gonna do if he tries to get into your pants?"

Tracy and I spent the day shopping for a dress for me. It wasn't easy to find a slinky dress that looked good on my body, but eventually we found a little black number with spaghetti straps that made me look like I'd been poured into it. I splurged on some sexy lingerie, a clutch purse, strappy heels and some fashion jewelry, and we even found a fake fur at a thrift shop that looked like a million on me.

Tracy surprised me with a trip to a nail salon, which left me with sharp red talons to use on Norman Wolf. Our last stop was a store which catered to mastectomy patients, where she helped me buy the most amazing set of silicone breast forms. I tried them on as soon as we got back to her place. I couldn't believe how they made me look so hot and feel so girly.

Tracy liked them too, and before she got ready for work, she coaxed one last orgasm out of my bewildered body. By the time she was in her uniform, ready to leave for her flight, I was luxuriating in a bubble bath, psyching myself up for the night ahead.

"Good luck, girlfriend," she said with genuine concern. "Wish I could be there with you."

"You're the best, baby," I said from behind a wall of bubbles. "I couldn't have done this without you."

She reached down and kissed me gently on the lips. "Please be careful! Remember, you're only a girl." Then she was gone, and I wallowed in the tub for a long time, missing her as well as the man I used to be.

It was with real foreboding that I climbed out of the tub to prepare myself for the night head. After drying off and moisturizing, I took a long time with my makeup, adding a few flourishes for evening that Tracy had taught me. Before she left, she shampooed my wig, and I was freaked out by how ratty it looked before she brushed it out. Now, it looked better than ever, and in no time I'd styled it into a perky wedge.

My new dress called for a strapless bra, and I felt forlorn as I tucked myself into my matching black panties. Sheer nude pantyhose were next, then a lacy black half slip, and finally my dress, which looked sensational on me. I was shaking with anticipation as I sat down on the bed to strap on my heels, then it was time for some bling and a shot of Tracy's expensive cologne. I stuffed my little purse with female essentials, and when I wrapped my fur around my shoulders, the look was complete. God, I looked hot in the full length mirror!

There was no way I was taking the subway in this outfit. I called for a cab, and soon I was sitting in the back of an overheated taxi, very aware of the sly glances from the driver in the rear view mirror. By now, my self-confidence was such that I knew he was looking at me as a woman, and my feelings of vulnerability intensified.

I tipped him handsomely when we pulled up to Gibson's. Although it was a bitterly cold night, Rush Street was full of life, and I caused quite a scene when I stepped out of the cab in my skimpy little dress. The crowd outside Gibson's parted and a guy opened the door for me, I handed my fur to the coat check girl, and after a quick trip to the ladies' room to check on my hair and makeup I was fighting for a place at the bar.

There he was, right where I expected to find him, holding down a barstool with a Jack Daniels in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Norman Wolf looked a bit more disheveled than usual, and I watched with amusement as he hit on a cougar with zero success. Meanwhile I was having problems of my own, trying as nicely as I could to brush off lame pickup lines from two losers.

Then the barstool next to Norman opened up, and I was on it in a flash, making an elaborate show of tugging at the hem of my dress after I climbed onto it. I totally ignored Norman at first, even though he was obviously staring at me. The moment of truth: even in his inebriated state in the dim light, would he make me as Matt McCoy? I wanted to have plenty of people around if that happened.

I reached into my purse for one of Tracy's cigarettes. When I started fumbling for my lighter, Norman whipped out his, and I gave him a sideways glance while he lit me up. "Thanks," I said, feeling a little buzz after I drew the sweet smoke into my lungs.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"Sure, that would be nice."

Norman snapped his fingers at the bartender. "What will it be?" he asked me.

"A Cosmopolitan, please."

"A Cosmo for the little lady, and another Jack on the rocks for me," Norman ordered. I gave him a shy smile and waited for him to make the next move.

"Are you from Chicago?" he asked.

"Yes."

"I haven't seen you here before."

"I live in Rosemont. I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner tonight, but he had a last-minute conflict, and here I was, all dressed up with no place to go. So I decided to console myself with a drink before I went back to the burbs." My female voice was working for me, and the lies rolled easily off my tongue.

"That's a shame," Norman said. "Why don't you have dinner with me?"

"I don't even know your name."

"It's Norman....and you are?"

"Ashley."

"Well then, now that we've been properly introduced, let's find ourselves a table." He pushed back his barstool and took my hand. It wasn't easy hopping down in my dress, and I'm sure Norman enjoyed the spectacle. He bulled his way through the crowd without waiting for me. Grudgingly, I had to admire his self-confidence as I tottered after him in my heels. By the time I caught up with him, he was bribing the maitre'd for the next table, and soon we were seated side-by-side in a cozy booth.

When a waiter arrived with our drinks from the bar, Norman ordered two more before he turned his attention to the wine list. I'd been out with him once before, for lunch as a guy, and I remembered how he'd splurged on a ridiculously expensive bottle of wine. I couldn't wait to see how much he was going to spend on me.

I wasn't disappointed. "They have an exceptional Bordeaux if you feel like red meat tonight," he said.

"A filet would be nice."

"Done." I crossed my legs with a swish of nylon and gazed around the restaurant while Norman dealt with the sommelier and the waiter. It seemed that half the tables were occupied by middle-aged men with hot chicks. The waiter lit a candle on our table, but the light was still low, and I was sure that Norman had no idea that his chippie was really me.