A New Beginning Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thecelt
thecelt
2,513 Followers

I stayed in Aruba for two weeks and at the end of that time, I was unable to maintain interest in sex any longer. None of the women looked inviting or the least bit interesting and I wanted nothing to do with any of them. I just wanted to be left alone. While I found sex to be fun for a while, after ten consecutive days and nights of fucking beautiful woman after beautiful woman, I was truly sated. Never would have believed it, but it was true.

I gave myself a day to recover, then rented a helicopter to take me to Key Largo, landing in the parking lot of the Marina Del Mar Resort and Marina, on Caribbean Drive in Key Largo, just off Route 1. It was a first class resort but not very big and not very formal. I rented a boat and spent a few days just touring the area with a guide recommended by the resort. He was good and showed me things most people wouldn't see. I really loved this place and settled in for a long stay. Maybe a month or more. It was summer and the hurricane season was in full swing but reports showed nothing even remotely likely to hit this area. I was ready to rest and relax.

Ten days later, as I was sitting on my lanai watching the light disappear from the ocean as the sun set in the West, I made a decision that was going to change my life forever. It was a decision I had been thinking about for the last few weeks. It started in the Bahamas, continued in Aruba, although at a reduced stress level, then resurfaced as the days and nights in Key Largo drained all of the tension and the resistance out of me. My mind was made up that evening and I decided to do something about it the following day. I went to bed that night, excited for the first time in at least a year. Longer than that since I truly cared about anything other than Mandy, if I was honest with myself. It probably began soon after Marci left me so alone. I fell asleep thinking of Marci and believing I heard her voice telling me that it was OK, and the right thing to do.

I went down for breakfast, took the boat out on the water for several hours, searching my consciousness to be certain. I found only peace now when I thought about it. No reservations, no hang-ups, just a calm assurance that it would be OK. I headed back to the marina and docked the boat. I went up to my room, grabbed a cold beer from the small refrigerator in my room and picked up my phone. I pulled out the number dad had given me and made my call.

The phone rang twice, three times, then a fourth time and I was ready to hang up and try later when she answered.

"Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? Damn! I missed it again." She was about to hang up, thinking she was too late when I shouted into the receiver.

"No! Jennie! I'm here. It's me, Alex. Hi."

"Alex? Is it really you? Where in the world are you? Where are you calling from? Is everything OK?" She sounded so concerned. I listened to her voice and felt a peace settle over me.

"I'm fine Jennie. I'm calling from Key Largo, in the Keys of Florida. I've been here since last Monday. Everything's fine."

"Oh, that's good then. I was afraid something bad had happened. Everything here is fine too. Mandy is good and she and Alex have been playing together a lot. He really likes her. So, what's going on? Was that why you called, to check on her?"

Now it was time. Now I was going to do something that I swore I would never do. I hoped it was the right thing. If not, I would soon know.

"Jennie, I have something to ask you." I paused, licking my now suddenly dry lips.

"Of course, Alex, anything. Just ask? Do you need me to do something?"

"Yes. I mean, no. I mean, yes I want you to do something for me." It was now or never! "I want you to fly down here and join me in Key Largo. Just make arrangements for little Alex and Mandy and dad and then just by yourself, come down here and be with me. Will you do that?"

Silence. Not a sound from her end. I held the phone tightly in one hand while I wiped the sweat from my brow with the other. Suddenly, I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Maybe she had moved on with her life. Maybe she no longer wanted to be with me. Maybe she had found someone else. Why the hell had I never bothered to ask about her or what she was doing? I knew nothing about her, her life or her situation. I never bothered to ask dad, even once I found out that he saw her from time to time. Stupid!

"Why Alex? Why would you want me to do something like that? I don't understand what you're asking me Alex." Her voice was strange, almost angry. I now knew how stupid I had been. I had to give her an out, a way to refuse without making her feel guilty. This was all my fault!

"I'm sorry Jennie. I never stopped to think of you or your life. I realize you must have someone else by now. Please, forget I asked. It was stupid of me to do that and I didn't mean to put you in a bad position. I understand."

"No, you don't understand. You don't know how long I waited for you to ask me to come to you. You don't know how long I prayed that you would ask me what you just did, but the thing I need to know, Alex, is why you asked me to come down to where you are. You have to tell me Alex. I have to know why you want me there."

"Because, . . . . ." I stopped to ask myself exactly that. Why did I want her to come down here? Because I wanted her beside me. I wanted her with me. I wanted her to be where she was always supposed to be; beside me. With me. As part of me. I finally knew what I wanted.

"Because I want you, Jennie. I never stopped loving you and now that I'm alone and have the time to try to understand, it's clear to me. I love you Jennie and I want you here with me."

"I'm on my way Alex. I'll be there as soon as I can be. Please wait for me my love. I love you, I love you, I love you!"

Epilogue

It's been almost a year since that phone call and I'm home again. I mean really home. Jennie and I are living together in the house we shared when we were married the first time, and I have two wonderful children sharing that home with me. Children I would never have been able to father, but children I had grown to love as much as if they were my own. One came at a terrible price and one came with a new love, followed by a terrible loss. Both are precious to me because they came at such a high cost, but I guess I had to pay that price to reach this point in my life. I don't question it any more. I simply accept it and move on with my life.

I've asked Jennie to marry me and she accepted. We have agreed that the two children are all we want. Jennie is the one that suggested that, and I agreed, understanding what she was saying. We never speak of little Alex's origin and as far as he knows, I am his father, Mandy is his sister, and she calls him her brother. We'll tell both the truth when they're older.

I loved Marci with all my heart and she left me with wonderful memories and a daughter who I love. I will never forget her and I will make sure Mandy doesn't either. Even while I loved Marci, I never stopped loving Jennie and she is with me now. My life has been a good one, blessed with two wonderful loves. I wonder why I was picked to enjoy such bounty. I'm thankful.

thecelt
thecelt
2,513 Followers