A New Dawn Ch. 02

Story Info
The story concludes.
4.7k words
4.56
12.6k
4

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 12/10/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harry Parker stood on the sand, his wife Susan by his side both were naked. After six years back together they were comfortable with each other, both had lost a little weight and both glowed with a healthy tan. At the waters edge two laughing toddlers played in the lazy surf, their oiled and bronzed bodies dipping in and out of the waves. Just behind them his daughter and her partner, Perdy moved behind the children. All four naked bodies jumped and splashed in the warm tropical water. The children wore peaked hats with a square flap hanging over their necks as protection from the Sun high overhead. Perdy had her hair tied back in a loose ponytail, whilst Lizzy's hung down unconstrained over her shoulders.

Harry raised a glass of fresh orange juice to his lips, feeling the chilled liquid cool his mouth. Susan's hand held his buttock and she squeezed gently,

"They look great don't they?"

"They do, I'm so glad they were able to have them, they're a proper family now. I'm so glad you're here, all of you."

"Harry, why wouldn't we be here, we're your family too."

"I know, but to close the gallery for a month and just fly out with me, that's love."

"No Harry, that's a free holiday, only joking."

He turned and kissed her cheek. She ran her hand over his buttock and squeezed again.

"Come back to the house Harry, make love to me, please."

"OK, here," He offered his glass and she finished the drink.

They moved arm in arm up the sand buried wooden steps and over the dune to the house that sat back from the beach. Now strolling hand in hand they exchanged smiles and kisses. Entering the bedroom via the veranda, after opening the sliding glass door, they savoured the cool atmosphere of the air conditioned room. Susan's nipple stiffened at the touch of the cool air.

On the beach Lizzy and Perdy moved the children up the beach until they stood under a huge canopied deck area, sitting them on cushioned seats and pulling cool drinks from the fridge set in the units under the counter which marked the rear end of the decking. Lizzy pulled two Pepsi Max's out and popped the tops. Passing one to Perdy she glanced at the dune concealing the house.

"Lizzy, what's wrong," Perdy put her warm arm around Lizzy's shoulder.

"I guess I still find it a little weird that Dad's around and that Mum's actually happy with that."

"He hurt you bad, but he's desperate to make up for it, give him some slack, it's been five years now, no six, Kyle's five isn't he?"

She looked over at the small boy, happily drinking from the straw poking out of the small box drink in his hand. He grinned at his mothers and pointed at them, the three year old girl sitting next to him dissolved into giggles. The girls laughed at their children. Then Lizzy's grin faded slightly.

"Harry's done so much and never asked for anything back."

"No he hasn't, but what he gets is our love and friendship, and I really believe that's all he wants."

Perdy kissed Lizzy softly. Lizzy smiled and placed an arm round Perdy's waist, They kissed again lingering, until the laughter of the children made them grin and break apart. They dissolved into laughter, the children jumped down and ran to grab their legs inserting themselves between their parents. Lizzy and Perdy bent and each lifted a small body up to their hips and the children clung to them giggling. Both girls had a small 'Mummy Pouch', each having borne one of their children. Additionally Lizzy had a small white scar where a C-section had brought Kyle into the world.

It had not been easy to bear him and Lizzy bitterly regretted that she had been denied a natural childbirth. Perdy had explained it had been no easy feat to bring Emilia into the world naturally. The children carried Harry's parental gene, since when they had decided to have children by donor, they had asked Harry to be the father. Harry was delighted and arranged everything. A private clinic had readily accepted that Harry was donating his sperm to his daughter, the event sweetened by a donation of several million pounds over and above the clinics normal fees.

When Perdy decided two years later to have a child they were devastated to find she was infertile, a crushing blow to them all. However Harry again arranged things with the clinic and some of Susan's eggs were harvested and with Harry's sperm, Emilia was implanted into Perdy's womb successfully. They found the wait for the birth maddening, but finally at six am one Thursday in June Emilia arrived. Perdy had endured eighteen hours in Labour. Exhausted but elated she had taken her child into her arms and the mothers wept with joy at their new arrival. Harry and Susan waited outside and when ushered in had their hearts melted by the cute bundle Perdy and Lizzy showed them.

Harry left the girls and returned to the house he now shared with the family. Going into three year old Kyle's room, he sat in the semi darkness and silently wept at his blessings, Kyle completely unaware slept on. Mrs J, their full time Housekeeper found Harry slumped in the armchair in Kyle's room at seven, when she went to check on him. Finding a blanket she covered Harry and left him asleep.

A week later and they were home from their Caribbean adventure and the weekly routine kicked in again. Perdy had picked up an awful stomach bug somehow and was laid pretty low.

Harry woke to a tug on his sleeve as Kyle climbed up on his adored granddad. He bounced on Harry who sat up and grinned, grabbing Kyle and tickling him all over. Susan lay there laughing as the two rough and tumbled over the bed. Harry ran a bath for Kyle and washed and dressed him for the day.

As Lizzy arrived downstairs, Harry was buttoning Kyle's coat ready to take him to school.

"Dad, we wondered where you'd gotten to, you look exhausted, are you okay?"

"Sure, I'm fine, just taking Kyle to school, thought we'd walk as it's such a lovely day, you coming?"

"Yes I think I will, I want to talk to you anyway."

"Oh Oh! either it's expensive or I've screwed up."

Harry grinned and grabbed Kyle's hand,

"OK Kyle, let's go find the dinosaurs!"

Harry and Kyle raced out, followed by a grinning Lizzy. The school run by car was ten minutes, by foot a twenty five minute battle against dinosaurs, evil dragons, spacemen and robots. Harry and Kyle battled their way through the park and into the school. Kyle then seeing friends stopped hugged granddad and roared off. Lizzy slipped her arm through Harry's.

"Thanks Dad,"

"What for Lizzy?"

"Everything."

"No thank you for giving me back my family, I love you, I really do, I love Perdy too, is she okay?"

"She's fine, but a visit from you would be great."

"You sure? how is she really?"

"Pretty tired, but Em and Kyle not getting it has made her feel better."

"I might pop in and see her later, will that be okay with you?"

"Harry she would love it?"

"Oh it's Harry again is it?"

"I love saying your name, I love being your

daughter, I love the fact you're back in my life."

"I love you too Lizzy, more than I ever realised. I love your Mum too, I think I always did, even when.."

"Don't that's over, it's behind us, we're together, all of us, all six of us now."

"I can't believe you and Perdy are Mother's, you're so young."

"Dad I'm twenty six and Perdy's twenty seven, way old enough to have kids."

"The pair of you look about eighteen, you're such beautiful women. It really is hard to accept you're such mature adults."

"Thanks Dad, see I still call you Dad when I want too."

"I'm not so sure I'm a granddad, can't believe little Kyle's six and going to school."

"Well he is and we should go home, come on."

Lizzy snuggled into Harry's arm and they made their way back.

"Do you want to tell me what's on your mind?"

"Dad, what would you do if I told you Perdy and I have a business idea and we wanted you to help us?"

"Okay what do you need from me?"

"Don't you want to know what it is?"

"Obviously, but I'm sure whatever it is it'll be good."

"Perdy and I want to set up a business specialising in fashions for new mums."

"that's a minefield, some big names already in the field."

"We know but we wanted to find a new way of having something stylish, but affordable."

"I'm no fashion follower, but isn't that the Holy Grail of this oeuvre."

"Wow hark at you Harry Parker, 'Oeuvre', I'm impressed." she slapped his arm with her hand.

"Don't be I'm not really sure what it means, but don't tell."

"So will you read our business plan and tell us if you think it will work or not?"

"Okay, but don't kick me if I spot any flaws."

"We won't."

Later Harry stole upstairs and knocked on Lizzy and Perdy's bedroom door.

"Come in,"

Inside Perdy sat in bed, a long sleeved white nightdress, buttoned to the neck, covering her.

"Hi Harry,"

"Hallo gorgeous, how are you feeling?"

"Definitely much less than gorgeous. God Harry this is bad, I have never felt this rough before."

"Well the Doctors pretty sure it will be out of your system in the next forty eight hours. Hopefully you'll feel better soon."

"Thanks Harry, I really hope so, this is the worst, I'd rather be pregnant again."

Harry laughed and sat on the edge of the bed. He placed a hand on Perdy's bare leg.

"Is there anything I can get you?"

"No, I'm fine, between Lizzy, Susan and Mrs J I'm fully cared-up thanks."

"Lizzy told me about your idea, sounds good."

"Yeah Lizzy said she'd give you the plan later."

"I look forward to reading it."

Perdy shifted as though in discomfort,

Harry I need the loo, can you give me a hand?"

"Sure, what do you need me to do?"

"If I can stand up, can you walk me to the toilet."

"OK, is that alright?"

"Thanks Harry."

Harry helped Perdy to the toilet and helped her sit on the seat, lifting the hem of her nightdress as she sat.

"Harry I feel a bit feint can you stay, sorry it won't be pleasant, ohh."

Perdy shivered and Harry smelt a pungent metallic odour, as Perdy's body ejected an evil cocktail into the bowl.

Perdy grimaced as another spasm gripped her. Harry reached out and held her hand, she squeezed it and groaned. Her face now flushed had crumpled with pain and sweat began to drip from her forehead.

Harry knelt and put an arm round her, she laid her head on his shoulder. Harry heard the bedroom door open,

"Lizzy in here, Perdy's really sick, quick call the ambulance, I think she needs to go to hospital."

Lizzy came and pulled her phone out of her jeans pocket. Dialing she asked for an ambulance and gave the address. Meanwhile she knelt at Perdy's other side and laid a hand on her lovers stomach. Perdy flashed a look at her, love, fear, hurt all passed through her features.

"Where's Susan?"

"Downstairs with Em and Mrs J, why?"

"I think we may need to get Perdy into a more comfortable position. I think she's finished here, but she needs to wipe herself, or get some one to do it for her."

"I'll do it, can you support her Dad?"

"Sure, Perdy, lean against me and back slightly, good girl okay."

Lizzy pulled the front Perdy's nightdress up and away from her, bunching it around her waist. Perdy reached down and held it against herself.

"Harry,I'm so sorry," Perdy said through gritted teeth.

"don't you worry about it gorgeous, " Harry said,

"I love you Harry Parker." Perdy said, a grin appearing momentarily.

Lizzy grinned and pulling some toilet paper off the roll, carefully wiped Perdy clean. Startled she looked at the crumpled paper and said softly,

"Harry, the papers covered in blood,"

Harry nodded and carefully said,

"Get a towel and wad it up under her, hold it in place."

Lizzy went and washed her hands thoroughly, then came back and supported Perdy on the opposite side to Harry. Carefully she passed the wadded up towel between Perdy's thighs and held it there.

Harry took up Perdy's weight and together they lifted her up. Harry then dipped and effortlessly swept Perdy into his arms, ensuring the towel stayed in place. Walking slowly he laid her on the bed, as Lizzy hopped on beside her. Perdy was soaked in sweat and shivering.

"I'll go wait for the ambulance, give you two some space, first I'll flush the toilet."

Harry flushed the toilet then squirted half a bottle of bleach around the inside of the bowl. He washed his hands thoroughly and switched the fan on. Closing the door he went back to the bed. Lizzy was crouched over Perdy, clearing strands of damp hair from Perdy's face.

"You're going to be okay, Dad's going to sort it, you're safe. Harry will make it alright, you see"

Harry hung his head and left the room. His daughter was relying on him now, totally. He heard Susan come into the hallway as he made it downstairs, she saw the grim look on his face and grabbed him with both hands. His arms surrounded her and they held tightly to each other. The siren sound of the ambulance preceded it up the driveway. Mrs J spotting it turning in and opening the security gates.

"Parker, the Ambulance comes, I open gates."

"Thanks Mrs J, how's Em?"

"Sleeping like a little Angel."

"Lucky little girl, right let's get the door open."

The paramedics came in and went up to Perdy. Harry and Susan stood at the bottom of the stairs holding each other. One of the paramedics came down and went to get the stretcher. Coming back he nodded at Harry,

"We're taking her in, the young lady with her, what's her relationship?"

"They're civil partners why?"

"OK it's just she wants to come with her and it's usually only family members."

"Well that's her wife and if she were mine I'd want to go too."

"Okay she's going with us then, that's good she'll be able to help with all the details."

"Thanks, what's wrong with Perdy?"

"We think she may have an abscess or ulcer which has burst, it's not looking like food poisoning to me." He sprinted up the stairs.

Harry swore and gripped Susan tightly. Next thing the ambulance crew were bringing Perdy gently down with Lizzy holding her with one hand and holding a drip above her head with the other, tears in her eyes. Harry nodded at Lizzy and promised to follow with Susan. He called Mrs J and explained, she said she would take care of the children. She would feed Em and then later take her in the buggy to pick up Kyle. Harry hurried after Susan who had the car out of the garage.

Susan drove unhurriedly but speedily to the hospital. Harry told her to go in and he would park the car. She kissed his cheek then fled towards the entrance. Harry was lucky and found a space within ten minutes. He then made his way to A & E to find Susan and Lizzy. Rounding the corner he found them wrapped together. Hurrying to them he rubbed their backs.

"Perdy stopped breathing on the way in, they've revived her and she's being sent straight to surgery. They're going to operate immediately, they think she has an ulcer that's burst, she's lost a lot of blood and that caused her heart to stop. It's pretty serious."

Lizzy stopped talking and looked at her parents.

"I can't be without her, I can't live without her, what can I do?"

Harry held his daughter and looked her in the eyes.

"What you can do is be strong for Perdy and Kyle and little Em, you have to be the rock for them. Your mother and I will be here for you, but you must be strong for them."

He grabbed her and held her tight, feeling her body shake as the tears rolled down. Susan hugged Lizzy from behind and they stood waiting for whatever would happen. They were told to go up to the Intensive Care Unit about three hours later. Through the glass wall they could see Perdy hooked up to all manner of machines, her face pale and her hair matted on her forehead. Lizzy gasped, but Harry wrapped an arm round her, whispering "be strong Lizzy", to her. She put an arm round his back and Susan's too, together they stood and watched. A nurse came out and took them to a side room, minutes later the surgeon came in, he smiled and held Lizzy's hands.

"Your wife has had a narrow escape, she has had a mild case of food poisoning, but that masked a more serious problem. Ms Parker, your wife has had an undiagnosed ulcer in her large intestine. Thankfully we have cleaned it out and repaired the gut wall. She's going to get better, but it will take time. She's one very lucky lady, she lost a lot of blood when the ulcer burst, but we've pumped her full of fresh blood, and she'll be awake and be fully conscious later."

Lizzy sank forward on her knees and cried loudly. Neither Harry or Susan could stop her. The surgeon stood and Susan and Harry thanked him and shook his hand. They sat either side of Lizzy and just put a hand on her shoulders. Lizzy gasped and sniffed, sitting up she took one of each her parents hand in hers. They sat quietly until the nurse reappeared and said that Perdy was awake. Following her they went into the ICU room and stood around Perdy's bed.

"Hi You," said Lizzy holding Perdy's hand

"Hi, sorry for all the fuss, I think I might not be as well as I think I am."

"Hey kid, you scared us, but you'll be okay now."

"Hi Harry, Susan, thanks for this, phew I could go a glass of bubbly, don't suppose you brought a bottle."

Lizzy giggled and smiled. Harry leaned over and kissed Perdy's cheek.

"No I'll pop back home and bring one in for you later gorgeous."

"Thanks Harry, you're a real pal."

Perdy's eyes closed and she looked peaceful but pale.

Susan and Harry excused themselves and left Lizzy holding Perdy's hand, outside they checked in with Mrs J, who had picked up Kyle and was now feeding him and Em. She had phoned home and her cousin was looking after her children and her husband so she could stay as long as needed. Harry and Susan returned to ICU, sitting with Lizzy at Perdy's bedside. They worked out a rota, so that they could be on hand and let Lizzy get back to see Kyle and Em. This system carried on for five weeks until Perdy was released for convalescence and bed rest.

Kyle and Em had been told that Mummy was in hospital and had been to see her. Satisfied she was OK they had settled down and returned to their own routines. Harry happily took Kyle to school and provided the school and friends with an update. Susan looked after Em, allowing Lizzy to visit Perdy daily. Now Perdy was home for bed-rest and recovery. A Nurse was arranged by Harry to help Perdy and to check on her wound and the dressing. Slowly she recovered until she was able to move gently round. The children sort of understood that they had to be gentle with Mummy, but Kyle often just bounced from Lizzy to Perdy. Leaving the adults gasping.

Perdy began an exercise regime and gradually recovered her muscle tone, swimming, walking, Pilates all helped her to return to health. Mrs J arranged fruit and vegetable snacks for her around the house, and she began to eat normally too. Harry waited until she was almost fully recovered before announcing his intention to fly the family back to the Caribbean again to complete Perdy's recovery. This time Mrs J and her husband and children would be going too, as well as her cousin as a thank you for all the additional help they had given.

So in August the entourage boarded a private jet and set off for the island for four weeks. At first Josip was a little overawed but he gradually opened up and relaxed on the flight. The five children and Kyle found an array of films to watch and barely noticed the length of the flight. Finally they arrived and a small coach took them to the beach where a boat waited to ferry them to the island. They arrived exhausted and all quickly settled down to sleep.

The following morning they enjoyed a tropical breakfast and soon the children were itching to get to the beach. Harry took Josip and Mrs J to one side and explained that as a rule they didn't bother with clothes too much, was that okay with them. They said it was okay with them, but they would need to ensure that everyone had sun creme on so nothing got burnt. Harry laughed and said he'd ordered a plentiful supply. When the children hit the beach the noise was deafening, and soon, sandcastles, and water courses appeared over the beach.

12