A New Dawn Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We do not display anything of her after her fall."

Harry looked round and Peter Kerraway sat upright in his chair glaring at him.

"Well you are missing the best of her then. Your daughter is strikingly beautiful, she's talented and I count myself lucky to know her, let alone have her as my Daughter in Law. No matter what you think or believe, that girl loves you both deeply and she is being torn apart by this estrangement."

"I know, I.. I regret my actions every day, I miss her more than I thought possible," Peter Kerraway began to sob again.

"What have I done, what have I done..."

"Peter, Peter, oh darling, it will be alright."

Anne Kerraway put a tray of tea and biscuits on the coffee table, sitting on the arm of his chair she pulled him into her chest and wrapped her arms round him. Harry sat back and watched her comfort this proud but broken man. After a while Anne Kerraway sat back up, kissing her husbands head,

"Mr Parker, why did you come, are you hoping to reunite us with our daughter or what?"

"That is the sole purpose of my call today. Just as you ache to see her, Perdy feels exactly the same way. I wish that I could say the right words to make you see that she needs you as much as you need her."

"You say we have grandchildren?"

"A boy and a girl, Kyle is six and Em is three."

"Are you sure Perdita is willing to see us, after all we have been rather..."

"Perdy would be over the moon to see you, to show you her children and to let her children see they have such proud and beautiful people as grandparents. Trust me, a reunion would be a win-win situation."

"Harry Parker, you quote or misquote from the Gospel often, are you a God- fearing man?"

"Mr Kerraway I would be lying if I described myself as a regular churchgoer or a believer. I will say this, I have had good fortune in my life lately. I lost my wife and child due to my greed and pride, luckily I had a second chance, I took it and I thank whoever for that, every day with them is a bonus for me."

"I find it hard to do this Harry Parker, but I will see my daughter and grandchildren, and my what? Daughter in Law. I will see them and let God tell me what is the right thing to do."

"Mr Kerraway, I think you are a very brave man and I can guarantee that you will feel love and affection fill your heart when you see your daughter and her family."

"Amen,"

After tea and Harry's descriptions of his last six years, he passed around a picture of Perdy, Lizzie and the children. He saw Anne and Peter Kerraway fight back tears and answered their questions on how the reunion could be arranged.

Later back at the hospital, he saw the girls and his very exited grandchildren just leaving the Maternity unit. Harry hugged and kissed everyone, then gave Lizzie an extra long hug. Leaning in he whispered in her ear, she giggled and nodded. Leaving them he went to see his wife and son.

A week later, with Susan home and Rick installed in the nursery, they sat back on a peaceful Saturday afternoon, listening to Perdy outline the final details of the Exhibition. The doorbell rang, no one moved, neither Ola or Josip appeared to be available. Perdy shrugged as the bell went again, then walked to the door. They heard it open, then silence, then a sob, a shriek, sounds of crying, murmurs. The door shut and they rose to look into the hallway.

Perdy shaking and sobbing loudly was in a hug with her parents, who were also crying.Kisses were traded and arms gripped each other fiercely.

"Mummy, why is Mummy crying?"

"Kyle, Mummy is crying with happiness, because that's her Mummy and Daddy and they haven't seen each other for a very long time."

Lizzie wiped a tear from her eye and picked Em up.

"Is Mummy sad they haven't seen her Mummy and Daddy for a long time."

"Yes she is, but she's also very happy they are here at last."

"Have they been on a big holiday then?"

"Well a sort of journey that has taken them away from Mummy for too long. Why don't you go and say hello to your Nanny and Grandad."

"Can I?"

"Yes you should, take Em too."

Kyle and Em held hands and walked over to the trio. Kyle tugged Peter Kerraway's trouser leg, he looked down, grinned and sliding out of the hug above, knelt down to hug Kyle and Em. Standing he showed them to Anne Kerraway, who was rewarded by Em holding her hands up and towards her. Taking Em, she proudly hugged and kissed her granddaughter, Em grinned and snuggled into grandmothers neck.

Peter Kerraway walked over to Harry, and Kyle went to him, freed now he turned to Lizzie and engulfed her in a bear hug. Not letting go as he swayed slightly, Tears rolled down his and Lizzie's cheeks.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, for being there for Perdita, for giving her love and stability, supporting her and having such gorgeous grandchildren with her. I am so, so sorry for all the pain and sorrow I have heaped on you."

"No more than the pain you gave yourself. We are so happy to see you and all the love you will bring into our lives."

"I see you are Harry Parkers daughter indeed. Thank you Lizzie, I may call you Lizzie?"

"Well Ms Parker is a bit formal, considering the hug we're in."

"Quite right. I love you already Lizzie Parker."

"I love you too Peter Kerraway, you are a brave, proud and loving man."

"Alas with feet of clay and a wounded heart. How much pain and grief have we all been through, but what relief this is."

"Hello Lizzie, I'm Anne, if my over emotional old man ever puts you down I would love a hug too."

They laughed and Peter took Em, who kissed her grandfather and hugged his neck, as Lizzie and Anne embraced. Harry and Susan stood smiling arms linked and watched the family enlarge. Ola bustled in with a tea tray and patted Harry's back.

"Well done Parker, you did good, you are a very good man."

"Thanks Ola, you going to join us in a cup of tea?"

"I put extra cup on just in case."

"Good girl, is Josip around?"

"Over at the tree-house with the kids."

"Give him a ring, tell him to get up here and bring the kids, let's have a party."

"More work for me then Parker!"

"Nonsense we'll all muck in and help, you see."

Later that night with Peter and Anne Kerraway in the spare bedroom, Susan and Harry sat on the bed, discussing the day. A small knock saw Perdy come in, she sat on Harry's lap and kissed him.

"Thanks Harry, I'm so happy, thank you for giving me a bit more of myself back and a whole new future."

"You're more than welcome darling girl, I am so pleased for you."

"Thank you,"

Jumping up she hugged Susan and left.

"Don't get too gooey buster, when Rick wakes tonight you're on duty."

"My life is perfection."

12