A New Life Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers

* * * * * * *

The morning of Monday came slowly since I seemed to be awake watching the clock change most of the night. Today was finally it, and I was definitely worse than I should be on a normal first day at work, because I still couldn't help worrying about meeting Greg. On the other hand I would have induction and work to get on with so I might be able to keep my head down and concentrate on that rather than him, even if none of my elaborate scenarios of how awful he might be didn't come true. The problem was, I didn't really want them to be true, I wanted him to be gorgeous and perfect even though I would have to control myself. More than that of course, I wanted him to be gay, single, and into me, and getting all three of those was highly unlikely.

I felt a combination of relief and disappointment once I had finished filling in all the paperwork in HR and having an introductory chat with Sally, because when she took me to meet the team in our office I was told Greg was in a meeting and I'd meet him later. As much as meeting him might cause problems, I wanted to get it over with because worrying about it was far worse. Still,everyone else was nice to me and it did seem a happy team. So long as there was no serious test on my libido I thought I was going to fit in and enjoy working here.

By mid-morning I was definitely in my comfort zone, happily typing away on the computer starting the work I had been given to ease me in. It wasn't especially challenging, but it managed to keep my mind off anything else. I faintly heard the others chatting and we had taken a few minutes here and there to get to know each other. The older man, David, was fairly reserved and preferred to be getting on with his work rather than chatting, but the other three were more my age and wanted to know more about me. I told them I had wanted a change of scenery and was a bit bored of my job when they asked why I had moved. I didn't want to go into my relationship breakdown with new people on my first day, and I kept silence on my preference but admitted I was single.

I learned a bit about them as well. The two geeks were Dave and Steve, in their early twenties and seemed to spend all their time together, either at work or at home playing computer games. Perhaps it was my imagination, but at first I detected a faint undercurrent of something between them. There was an ease between them of knowing someone really well, and perhaps that was all it was and I was just obsessed with the idea that everyone but me seemed to have someone special in their life -- even if all they ever did was play rpgs and shoot-em-ups together, at least they had someone to share it with. I'd lost most of my friends when I moved, some of whom it had turned out knew all about Ken and Pete, and I had no time for them anymore.

I was engrossed in a rather more complicated bit of work when I felt rather than saw the man approaching my desk, my awareness of possible impending doom I guess. I kept my eyes on the screen, somehow managing to keep typing the code despite the fact I felt like I was shaking all over with nerves. He stopped at the side of me, blocking my light slightly so I turned, and discovered my face level with his crotch. Given the amount of time I'd been thinking about doing things there it seemed like a bad idea to be looking at it, and I was out of my seat and lifting my eyes faster than I thought possible. On my way up I still had time to notice the total lack of a beergut and the hint of chest hair at his neck where the top button was undone. I stood to my full 5'10(ish) and had to tilt my head back to look up even further. It was definitely Greg, he was even more gorgeous than his photo, and he was well over 6 feet tall. Oh fuck.

'Hello, you must be Simon. I'm Greg. It's nice to meet you, welcome to the team.'

Fuck again. His voice wasn't harsh or irritating, it was deep and perfect, and only my sarcastic thought about me obviously knowing who he was stopped me from melting into a pile of goo at his feet. And he was close enough that I could tell there was no bad breath or body odour. In fact, he smelt fantastic too. Fuck. I don't actually know how, but I kept it together, although I felt sure he would see me shaking. With any luck he would just put it down to first day nerves. I held out my hand, silently lifting a prayer that I didn't have sweating palms and I wasn't trembling so badly he would be able to feel it.

'Yep, I'm Simon. Thanks for the welcome Greg. I've been settling in well and everyone has been really nice to me.' But not as nice as I'd like you to be to me, I thought.

* * * * * * *

Greg

I wasn't generally a fan of Mondays. I enjoyed my job but getting up in the morning was still not fun. However, this Monday I had practically jumped out of bed and rushed to get ready. There were two reasons for my good mood. Firstly I had been asked to take the lead on a new project and I was really looking forward to the responsibility, and secondly the new man started today. I'd taken an interest in the people as they came for interview and where possible I snuck a look at the candidates. I was really hoping that the man who had made my pulse race was our new hire. I hadn't even seen him for long, more than a glimpse but nowhere near long enough to study him properly. I liked a man with long hair, and his was dark and tied back. His eyes were dark and framed perfectly by a cute face. I couldn't tell his height but he looked to be a bit shorter and slighter than I was. My arms would fit around him perfectly while he rested his head on my chest. And I knew I shouldn't be having those thoughts. He looked kind of lost and nervous, but then I guess anyone would at interview.

They told us they had hired Simon Mack. Unfortunately, I didn't know the names of any of the people I had seen. Aside from ruling out the one woman, I didn't know if I would be seeing that cute man again. I tried hunting on the internet for his current company but they didn't have details except of the very senior personnel. I tried facebook but didn't find him on there. So I was none the wiser and could only hope. Knowing my luck they would have hired the extremely fat bloke who had come to interview in a jackass t-shirt.

I caught a quick view of the back of him as he headed into HR, and caught my breath. Not only was it him, but he had a very nice arse. I instantly wanted to sink to my knees and worship it. That couldn't be good. His desk was only a few metres from mine and I would have a view of the back of him any time I looked up. I was going to have to remember to concentrate on breathing too if he had that effect on me from such a distance. For the first time in a good year the celibacy I had decided on was seeming like a very bad idea. Thankfully I had meeting to go to about my project, and could think about other things for an hour or so before I had to actually face him.

How I stopped myself from acting on the almost overwhelming desire to kiss him when I finally got to introduce myself I wasn't quite sure. If we weren't in the office I might not have been able to stop myself, even though I had no indication at all that he might be interested in me. He seemed a little nervous, but my first day had been a round of meeting new people and learning new things and I recalled being terrified.

When I finally got back to my desk, I couldn't stop myself from studying him. His desk was in front of mine and a bit to the side so to see me looking he would have had to turn round. He did it a couple of times but I had enough warning to look back to my screen and seem intent on my work. I wasn't, I was just wondering what I had done to deserve a vision like that to look at. I could see his dark eyes from the profile and was longing to let his hair loose and run my fingers through it. When he'd first looked at me with those eyes all I could think about was melted chocolate and how much I'd like to drown in them. Not good at all. Temptation was seriously in my way.

Aside from the fact that I found him instantly attractive and couldn't concentrate on anything else at all, I couldn't get anything from him. He'd been polite and friendly, and his smile and eyes had an effect on me I was still trying to make go down, but I knew nothing about him and I wasn't managing to get a hint of his sexuality. I normally wasn't too bad at working out who might be interested but he wasn't giving anything away. And on top of that, I had to work with the man. Office romances didn't generally go well, and despite the statistics saying that a lot of people meet their partner at work I'd seen too many people end up leaving a job because they couldn't work with an ex. Oh shit, I was actually thinking about whether I could have a relationship with him, after only a couple of hours. I needed more coffee and to get away from him for a while so I could breathe.

I made the mistake of asking the others if they wanted a drink too. His eyes caught mine when he looked up from the desk to ask for a cup of tea, and I groaned internally. There was no hint of interest in them, but my cock didn't believe that. It didn't matter if he'd never want me, I wanted him badly. I was going to have to get a grip on myself. He was a co-worker, probably straight, and I had made the decision not to give into lust. I wanted a man for keeps and I wasn't going to get that jumping into bed with men I'd only just met like I used to. Sometimes it wasn't even bed, an alleyway or the club toilets had been fine for a while, and there was a bit of woodland not that far away you could almost guarantee to find at least a blowjob if you felt the need. But as I passed 30 I decided that was it for me. I wanted it all, not a quick fumble. Sadly growing up like that had meant I hadn't had sex with anything other than my own hand in over two years. I hadn't really regretted it, but a man that did this to me was making me seriously reconsider my decision.

Somehow I made it through the day without making an idiot of myself or it becoming obvious I was desperate to touch him. Getting out into the fresh air at the end of the day, I took a huge deep breath to clear my head. I'd had the impression during the day that I could even smell Simon, and it added another layer to my frustration. I needed to sort myself out and come up with a plan, because I had to find out if there was any hope at all of something between us. I had found out he was single, but he didn't say anything to indicate the sex he usually dated. I suppose it was stupid to expect him to say something obvious since we had only just met him, and it wasn't as though I was about to announce I was gay to all my colleagues just to find out if he would be interested.

I drove towards home on autopilot because all I could think about was Simon. With a groan I realised that I had no chance to take the edge off when I got in because I was supposed to be at my brother's house for dinner with him and his wife. On the other hand, I couldn't go and see them and my young nephew with an obvious hard on, and now there were no other people around me and I was letting my thoughts about Simon and me run free in my head there was no way it was going down without help. Sod it, I was going to be late and Carl would just have to be annoyed.

I rushed into the house and stripped my clothes off as I went. The best thing I could think of was a quick shower, no evidence gets left and I could explain away my lateness with having been a bit sweaty. I wanted to get sweaty in the best way with Simon, but for now that could only be a fantasy. I waited a moment for the water to warm up, but had my cock in my hand slowly stroking in anticipation. It wasn't going to take long at this rate, I was only remembering looking into his eyes earlier and I was hard as a rock.

I let my imagination run as I stepped into the shower. I felt the water as though it was Simon's hair falling over my naked body as we lay together and kissed. In my mind his lips tasted sweet and my tongue tangled with his. It was his hand on my cock, stroking and caressing it faster and harder as the pleasure built. It was his hand on my chest, lightly stroking through the hair and finding and tweaking each nipple in turn. It was his lips running across my back and shoulders where I loved being touched. And it was the thought of him looking at me with those deep chocolate eyes glazed with lust that took me over the edge, groaning his name. My release was washed away as fast as it came and I had to lean against the wall to steady myself as my legs almost gave way.

The pleasant afterglow kept me for only a moment before what I had done hit me. I always used nameless and faceless men when I wanted to get off, ironically not that much different from when the guys were real. I just had the best orgasm in years thinking about someone I would probably never have, but I would have to see tomorrow and almost every day thereafter. I groaned again, and this time it wasn't pleasure. I was disgusted at myself for letting my lust get the better of me and for using Simon as a wank fantasy. He didn't deserve that, even though he would never know, and it wasn't going to help me deal with the real him.

At least by the time I arrived at my brothers I was no longer aroused, and I had managed to stop thinking about Simon, or at least not in the same way. I was just feeling guilty. Carl opened the door to me and started to chastise me for being late, but thankfully my three year old nephew Owen ran up to me for a hug, excited to see his uncle, and Carl gave up on the telling off he was trying to give me. I'd not exactly taken that much longer than usual.

'So what happened to you today?' he asked.

Without thinking I replied. 'There was a new guy at work.'

'And he got you wet?'

I went bright red. It only took a split second to realise Carl was only wondering why I was late and my hair was wet, but my reaction to his comment gave him a whole wealth of possibilities. I could almost see the cogs whirring in his head as he decided how to tease me about my reaction. 'I.. err,' was all I managed to get out, which did exactly help my predicament.

Carl grinned at me, his most evil grin. 'So do I take it the new guy has you all hot and bothered? Was he in the shower with you, or is that delight yet to come?'

I groaned. 'I don't even know if he does guys, Carl.'

Carl looked at me a bit more seriously. He might tease but he did care about me a lot. 'It seems you need to find out. What's he like?'

I wasn't sure if he was asking about his personality or what he looked like, but I could only think of one answer. 'He's beautiful.' I answered wistfully.

* * * * * * *

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers
12