A Night with Jasmine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I deeply apologize for arriving unexpectedly and unannounced," I informed him with a deeply respectful curtsey. "May I stay the night in your Palace?"

"Why? What brings you to this Realm?"

I glanced at Jacen, who stood in the shadows behind the Emperor like a good bodyguard should. "I just wanted to visit."

"With Amara I suppose," the Emperor murmured. He had grown to truly care for his daughter-in-law, and smiled at her sitting with his son on the opposite side of the room.

I honestly hadn't thought about Amara. I would love to chat with her, but I didn't want her to distract me from my true goal.

"Actually, no," I replied, taking a calming breath. "I'm here to see someone else."

The Emperor narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously. He suddenly turned to face Jacen, who was unconsciously rubbing his neck. I smiled as I saw a bit of the noose that was still around his neck.

"Aha! Now I understand. You've been moping around ever since she left. I wondered what had gotten into you," the Emperor addressed his most trusted bodyguard.

Jacen looked away from him, unwilling to confirm but also unable to deny the Emperor's accusation. I figured that since the secret was out, I had no reason to dance around it. I got to my knees and clasped my hands together.

"Imperial Majesty, will you please consider allowing Jacen to come to the Elven Realm with me?"

I didn't even need my sensitive Elven hearing to pick up Jacen's sharp inhalation. It was clear he hadn't expected that at all. Other gasps echoed around the room to indicate that no one had expected it. The Emperor remained impassive.

I felt tears escape my eyes. "Please?" I begged.

He chuckled. "Does Jacen even want to go to the Elven realm? How long do you plan to keep him?"

I couldn't answer the first question because I didn't know. I looked down as I whispered the answer to the second. "As long as he wants... the rest of his life if he wishes."

The Emperor snorted with laughter. I'm fairly certain that he didn't think any man would give up such an important job just to follow some female to an unknown land with no guarantees for the future. Jacen was still silent, and I didn't dare look at him in case he was suppressing laughter too.

"Why not simply stay with him here?" The Emperor asked. I'm sure he considered this a far better solution.

"I can't. My King has forbidden it," I explained.

The Emperor shook his head as if to say that was the end of the matter. Jacen moved so quickly that I didn't realize what happened until he was at my side. He took my hand and helped me to my feet.

"I would love to go with you to the Elven Realm," he murmured just before he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him tight. I was crying. I couldn't help it, the baby made me feel just about every imaginable emotion each day, and no amount of meditation helped control them.

Amara, Gabriel, and their bodyguard -- who I think was named Arden -- all gaped at us. They looked astonished that Jacen was actually showing his tender side.

The Emperor sighed. "It's strange... my actual son was raised away from me and has now returned while the orphan I took in is now trying to leave me. I must be weak in my old age... Fine, if you truly wish to abandon everything you have here... you may go."

"Thank you!" I gushed happily at the Emperor. I glanced at the doorway I had come from. It was still open.

I gently pulled Jacen's uniform jacket and shirt away from his chest, and grabbed hold of the noose. Jacen raised one eye brow and regarded me with an amused grin. Firmly holding the noose, I tugged on it.

"Come on," I invited, taking a step back. Jacen followed, and I led him towards the doorway. I waved at Amara and promised to visit her some other time.

She had both hands covering her mouth and looked like a proud mother watching her child take his first steps. Gabriel looked happy for us, but Arden still looked positively incredulous.

Jacen scooped me up and carried me through the doorway. I waved goodbye to Amara one last time as it vanished.

"Where to?" Jacen wondered.

"That way," I pointed in the direction of my room.

"Not so fast," Princess Chelindra chided sternly.

I felt Jacen tense up, but he didn't let go of me. Prince Consort Aeryc put a hand on his wife's back. She was subtly but noticeably pregnant, which was more than I could say.

Chelindra stared us down coldly for a moment. Then she softened, a smile warming her lips. "Welcome to the Elven Realm."