A Night's Tale Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Domwoolf
Domwoolf
568 Followers

"Is it dead?" The woman asked.

Heather glanced at the corpse while letting her claws and fangs retract, hopefully the woman hadn't noticed. "Yeah, the rock through the brain pretty much did it in." They both stared as the body returned to its human form. A pretty dark haired woman in her early twenty's with a sharp edged piece of shale sticking into the top of her skull.

"They were chasing me and I got turned around somehow. When I saw that thing attacking you I just got mad and wanted to kill it. Oh my God! I killed her." The woman began to shake.

Heather slowly got to her feet and took the woman in her arms. 'Not exactly what she planned but at least she was alive.'

It took awhile but the bodies were hidden for the moment and Heather helped the woman back to the van where they found her clothes. Heather drove the van to where she had hidden her motorcycle and put it in the back. Dawn was close before they got back to her apartment. Once inside Heather closed the blinds and dressed the woman's wounds. She gave her enough sleeping potion mixed in a strong drink to put her out for several hours and tucked her in bed. Heather retreated to her sleeping chamber just as a wave of exhaustion swept over her and she slept.

The woman was still sleeping when she awoke the next evening. Heather sat next to the bed sipping from a glass and wondering what to do with the woman once she woke up. The rape had sealed her fate and Heather debated killing her in her sleep.

She was still debating with herself when she noticed the woman was awake and watching her.

"Thank you."

"I think I am the one who should be thanking you." The vampire smiled.

"My names Lynnette, call me Lynn."

"Heather"

"It's nice to meet you Heather. What are you?"

Heather sighed. 'So much for her not noticing.' "I'm a vampire and those things that took you were werewolves."

Lynn pulled the covers up tighter. "I was hoping it was a nightmare and I just got really really drunk last night and dreamed the whole thing."

"I'm afraid not. They have been hunting and killing tourists for a couple of months; you were going to be their latest victim."

Lynn smiled. "But you stopped them. Why?"

"You mean because I'm a vampire? Why is one monster stopping another?" Heather gave a tight smile and shrugged. "I don't like cruelty in any form. I need blood to live but I take it from willing donors or sometimes from bad people that I can stop but the cops can't. Werewolves are so far out of the cop's world that they couldn't even imagine dealing with them. So I do."

"So you're what? The supernatural sheriff in town." Lynn asked.

"Something like that." Heather paused as she decided how to explain. "I didn't choose to become what I am and I decided that since I couldn't undo what was done to me; I could at least keep others from being used the same way."

Heather looked at the woman lying in her day bed. "And that's the problem. When you were raped last night, he changed and you were bleeding when he finished."

"Oh god, I felt like he was ripping me apart inside." Lynn started to shudder at the memory.

"I checked last night. You're not torn up. As a matter of fact you're pretty much healed."

Lynn's face had a shocked expression. "I feel....fine. No aches, no pains." She threw back the covers. Her naked body didn't show a single bruise. "That's..." She looked up at Heather. "I was going to say impossible, but it's not good. Is it.?"

"You're infected. Next full moon you'll change." She shrugged.

Lynn lay back down and pulled the covers tightly around her as Heather got up and went out to the living room. She pulled up the yellow pages on her computer and ordered grocery's delivered. Once her online order was sent she called the local market and paid a bonus for quick delivery. Heather never kept much food in the house as eating solids wasn't high on her list of priority's.

Heather was busy compiling a list of references for Lynn when apartment security called to inform her that her delivery was on its way up. She had put them all away and returned to her studies when Lynn stumbled out of the bedroom wearing one of Heathers robes. It was a little small on Heather, on Lynn it gaped in interesting places.

"Hungry?"

"Starved."

"You'll find food in the kitchen." Heather gave her a rueful smile. "I'm afraid I have quite lost the knack of cooking."

Lynn grinned. "Right now I could eat a small horse. Raw."

Heather laughed and sat smiling as she listened to the sounds of a human being bristling around in the kitchen, cooking. She enjoyed the smells that began to fill the apartment. Walking out into the kitchen she sat at the bar watching Lynn cook. They talked about Lynn's life in California, where she worked, and her hobbies. By the end of the meal Heather knew more about Lynn than anyone she had known in years. It made it that much harder to tell her the things she had to know.

Heather poured a couple of glasses of wine. "Come into the living room, we need to talk about your condition."

They sat on the couch as Heather explained the little known facts about Lycanthropy.

"It is actually an infection like vampirism. Once infected people change, usually the first full moon after infection. No one knows why it's tied to the moon cycle but I do know that the first couple of changes are involuntary. Then it seems as if a person gains control over the change, the more they practice, the better control they get until even the full moon doesn't control the change anymore unless the person refuses to change during the month.

"So the more one changes, the more control one has, but not changing causes a loss of control."

"Exactly. Once you have it under control you're actually going to find it's not that bad. For one thing you will heal in hours rather than days. Most colds and flu are a thing of the past. You will age much slower than normal humans will. You're going to be faster and stronger. Down side you're going to need a lot more food, it seems to kick up the metabolism. Upside staying thin won't be a problem."

Lynn laughed. "You make it sound like a good thing I got caught."

"I wouldn't go that far but it's not all doom and gloom either."

"Ok, but I'd rather not go around eating my neighbors while I get this under control."

Heather looked at her new friend musing on where this could take them. "I believe we could work something out, a place for you to stay until you get your life back under your control. It would mean pretty much giving up your old life. Then there's the little matter of explaining where you have been for the last week."

"I guess I can't just show up and say I was kidnapped by werewolves and rescued by a vampire and oh, by the way, I'm going to change into a werewolf myself next month."

"No, that really wouldn't work very well."

Lynn sat sipping her wine and considering her options. "It isn't like I have a lot of other options."

They spent the rest of the night discussing the way things would change for both the vampire and the soon to be werewolf.

A week later the two women were sitting in the living room looking through the newspaper coverage of the "missing" tourist who had been discovered alive and drunk on the beach in Cabo San Lucis. According to the newspaper report the woman had met a group of high rollers and had gone with them in their private plane to Mexico, spending most of the "missing" week in a drunken state of constant partying. Her friends and associates were glad she was found alive, pissed that she hadn't contacted anyone and her boss had fired her on the spot.

Lynn had closed her apartment in California and moved in with Heather. All in all the women agreed it was a clean break with Lynn's past, leaving everyone satisfied and all the questions by both the police and her friends and family settled.

Heather had cleaned out the van and sent it to a chop shop where it would become pieces and parts never to be seen again. She had discovered the identity's of the two werewolves and had cleaned out their warehouse/living quarters of all the evidence of their crimes. Their missing status wouldn't raise a ripple with the police and they didn't seem to have any friends that would miss them. They had been in Vegas only a few months and seemed to make their living from ripping off their victims.

Heather spent the rest of the time before the three days of the full moon getting prepared. Lynn normally a fairly mellow person began to get moody and restless, she pace around the apartment, start a million projects only to abandon them and go back to pacing. The last night before the full moon she spent sitting at the window watching the moon rise and traverse the sky.

They had discussed what was going to happen to Lynn yet she seemed surprised when Heather announced that it was time to take a ride. Heather drove them to a warehouse in North Las Vegas where she unlocked the gate and drove the car into the center building in a complex of faceless buildings. Inside she closed the rolling door and led Lynn to a concrete storage room, complete with vault door.

"I rented this place a few days ago. I spent the last few days getting it ready for tomorrow night." Heather opened the vault. "This was a casino chip making factory. The vault is huge and I lined the wall and floor with the type of padding used in mental institutions'. It should keep you from hurting yourself."

"Or anyone else." Lynn replied wistfully. "Thanks for all the effort, I guess."

Lynn looked over the vault. "I'm scared."

Heather hugged her friend. "I'll be right here with you."

Just before dawn they checked to insure everything was locked and alarmed. Heather sealed Lynn into the vault with food, water and a few books and magazines. She went to what had been the old counting room, which like the vault was a windowless concrete room with a vault door and sealed herself inside.

Dusk came early in the winter and Heather was awake by four thirty. She checked the security cameras, pleased to see that no one had come around during the short winter day. Next she checked on Lynn via the camera mounted in the vault ceiling. Lynn was pacing around the room, one of the magazines shredded and tossed in bits and pieces everywhere.

Heather triggered the microphone and speakers. "Lynn, How ya doing?"

"Fine after being locked in this hell hole all damn day. I want out." The look in Lynn's face as she spotted the camera was one of pure rage.

"I have a few things to take care of, then I'll be down."

Lynn screamed and began yelling threats. Heather turned off the microphone and settled in for a long night. Lynn paced and screamed, she threw her books and magazines at the camera, she kicked the walls and tore at her hair. She gave every appearance of a mad woman locked in an asylum for the insane.

The moon rose at 5:45 pm and Heather watched as her friend went through the agonies of the damned. Lynn's body twisted and convulsed, she curled up in a fetal position, then seconds later was stalking around the room beating on the walls trying to escape. Even with the microphones off, Heather could hear the screams from inside the vault.

Lynn stopped in the center of the room and it was as if her very skin rippled in a wave from foot to skull, then erupted in fur. Her hands lengthened. Her feet widened and grew claws. Her skull and face blurred as they changed shape.

The woman-wolf threw back her head and howled.

Heather turned the equipment back on and began to talk, calming, quiet, reassuring sounds that would mean nothing to the maddened wolf creature that began to tear and rip at the padding in the room, but Heather talked to her anyway throughout the long night.

The moon set at 7:25 am, two hours after sunrise and it was all Heather could do to open the vault cover her exhausted friend with a blanket and leave her provisions for the day. She locked the vault and returned to her cot almost asleep before she finished lying down.

Heather awoke at sunset knowing she had a little over two hours before the moon rise would start the process once more. She opened the vault; Lynn was sitting in a corner, the remains of her clothes hanging off her. Heather noted that she had finished the food she brought this morning as she carried in the basket of meats, cheeses, and protein bars. Lynn looked up at her with a face covered in tears.

"It's only that bad the first time. Tonight will be easier." Lynn gave out a sound between a laugh and a snort. "I don't know if I can do that again."

Heather looked down at her and unwrapped a chocolate covered bar. Lynn's nose quivered and she reached for the food, stuffing the whole thing in her mouth. "Easy girl, theirs plenty more here."

"Thank God I'm starving." Heather watched as she ate enough for two normal people before she even slowed down. "Oh man, I needed that." Lynn scooped up the few remaining crumbs then stood and stretched.

Heather noticed that Lynn who was slightly heavy for her height had slimmed down considerably. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

Lynn paused before she answered. "Actually pretty damned good."

"Side effect of the change. When you change back it seems to heal any damage your body has experienced."

"Too bad we can't bottle the effect, we could make millions."

"Yeah but the side effects are killer!" The two women cracked up. They cleaned up the vault and Heather locked Lynn back in. She went back to the counting room and activated the system.

They talked until the moon began to rise at seven. Heather watched as Lynn began to slowly stretch and change. The entire metamorphosis took a third of the time as the first change. The werewolf was calmer and seemed to listen to Heathers voice as it prowled around the vault. Heather began to talk to her about changing back, trying to get the wolf to understand.

The wolf settled down about five am and thirty minutes later resumed human form. The change back seemed effortless. Heather hurried down and unlocked the vault. Lynn was on her knees, her small breasts dangling, her hair covering her face.

"Lynn?"

"Mostly, I think." She shook her head back and stood up. "I hope you brought food."

Heather laughed. "You may be the most expensive pet I ever had." She produced another picnic basket.

Lynn grinned as she open the goodie box. "Woof"

The next night was a repeat of the last with Heather trying to coax the wolf to change and the wolf ignoring her. Lynn did change back early enough that they were able to make it back to the apartment before dawn.

"So how long before I can begin to control the changes?"

"I'm not an expert, but we can work on letting you make the change between now and the next full moon. Once you can trigger the change, we will work on your control. Heather shrugged. "The only thing is we have to work on it at the vault in case you do make the change but without any control. We don't want you wandering around eating folks."

"Yeah that's one I'd like to forgo if you don't mind."

The women worked at getting Lynn to change voluntarily for the next month, three nights a week at the vault; however the next full moon was approaching without any success. Once again Lynn was locked in the vault and Heather monitored from the counting room. The next three nights were a repeat of the last night of the full moon; Lynn changed effortlessly under the influence of the moon and changed back early but was unable to trigger a change by herself.

Life settled into a routine, Lynn would go to bed in the early am and get up late in the morning giving her the afternoon by herself. Heather would awaken at dusk and the women would spend the evenings together. Once Lynn went to bed Heather would go out to see to her needs. Three nights a week they would go to the vault to try to trigger the change. The rest of the week Heather showed Lynn around her favorite parts of sin city.

Three days before the third full moon Heather was once again in her control room when Lynn was suddenly in the midst of a change. Heather watched as the woman's body partially changed before returning to her woman's form.

That night the two celebrated with a bottle of vintage wine Heather had been saving.

"I could feel the change starting." Lynn stated. "It surprised me because it was so effortless. I just thought 'I want to be the wolf' and it began happening.

"It should start to come easier now." Heather was grinning from ear to ear. "The next thing we need to do is get you to do a partial transformation so the woman is more in charge than the wolf."

"Geese coach! I just hit the ball and you want me to start trying for home runs?"

Heather laughed. "No, What I want is for you to be the lady in control not the wolf at the door."

The second night of the full moon Heather had looked away from the monitor after Lynn had assumed wolf form when she heard a knocking sound from the speakers. She looked at the monitor and let out a rebel yell of triumph. Standing in front of the camera and waving one furry paw was a half wolf/half woman. Lynn had control of her beast at last.

Forever can be a long time to live alone.

Domwoolf
Domwoolf
568 Followers
12