A Paladin's Journey Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is everything well, my Lord?" Kreya asked from beside the door where she stood naked and collared alongside the rest of his ahk'sheth. They lined the walls like beautiful statues, each woman as different in face and form as the next. He didn't answer her as he rose from the bed. There had been a dream, but as he tried to remember, it slipped away. The faintest whisper remained of a voice that had spoken to him in his dreams. I am the storm. I am the storm. I am the storm. He had thought it was his own voice, but now it sounded different.

Outside, the storm unleashed a sharp flash and then a resounding bang, with barely a pause between. Maloth frowned. That was strange; lightning did not strike in the city when he was here. The storm always lessened around his presence. Another bolt, this one closer. The windows reverberated in their frames until he thought the glass might crack. At the third strike of purple-white light, Maloth snarled and strode through the archway that led to his terrace, a wide, railed balcony that hung off the side of the tallest tower in the palace. The storm - his storm - was trying to tell him something, and he would know what it was before it destroyed half the city.

"What!?" He roared up at the sky. The wind swirled around him in powerful eddies. "What do you want!?" In answer, a fourth bolt lanced from the sky and struck the stone railing not ten feet from him, shattering the ornately carved stone and leaving a sizable hole. Maloth blinked against the sudden brightness, but otherwise was unaffected. Stone chips bounced off his exposed skin without penetrating. When his vision cleared, there was a woman standing before him, as tall as he and beautiful, with creamy pale skin and long hair as white as purest snow. Her eyes were pearl orbs that glowed brightly, without pupil or iris. Maloth eyed her over boldly. She was beautiful enough to be ahk'sheth, with that slender form and that fine face. Unconcerned with her nudity, she eyed him back in the same way, her lips curved in an arrogant smile.

"So, it's been you all this time," Maloth said. Tiny bolts of lightning arced around her from time to time, snapping and crackling in the air just beyond her skin.

"I have been watching you, Son of Morgeth," she replied. Her voice was deep, yet feminine, and carried the weight of ages, the power of eons. "You are strong. Or at least, you will be."

"Who are you?" He asked her, stepping closer. "You are no mortal being." He was close enough to touch her, now, and he felt the hair on his head begin to lift.

"I am Rava," she answered, as if that were enough explanation.

A sudden memory revealed itself to Maloth, passed down from his mother. "You are a Titan," he breathed. To behold such a creature was... exhilarating! The sheer power coming off her was enormous! This was the level Maloth aspired to reach. "What is your purpose, here?"

"I believe we can help one another," she told him with another smile. "Heed me, Mor'ion, for I have a proposition..."

***

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY

***