A Path Unexpected

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,167 Followers

"I'm glad you did," Bree smiled.

"Now that I have, I am too," Valerie said, returning the smile. "And I'm so glad that you're okay with this. You are okay with it, aren't you?"

"How could I not be okay with something that makes my best friend happy?" Bree replied.

Valerie felt a surge of relief.

"So, now that we've confessed all our secrets, don't you think we should get ready?" Bree asked.

"Excuse me?" Valerie replied.

"To go to Paradise," Bree clarified. "Now that you've let the pussy out of the bag, there's no reason we can't go, is there?"

"You still want to go?" Valerie asked in surprise.

"Are you kidding," Bree said in an excited voice. "I wouldn't miss this for the world,"

-=-=-=-

"This is awesome," Bree said as she took in the kaleidoscope of light and sound around her.

Her first impression of the club was that it reminded her of one of those old-fashion discos, the ones she saw in movies from the seventies and eighties. Two thirds of the floor space was reserved for dancing; the rest was divided between a long bar that ran the length of the far wall and a multi-level seating area filled with different-sized tables. They ranged from intimate settings for two to groups of ten to fifteen.

It was the women, however, that held the greatest fascination for Bree. They ranged from what appeared to be barely legal to just past middle age, with every possible mix of race and physicality represented. There were too many for Bree to accurately guess their number, but she was sure, whatever the total was, it had to be skirting the local fire laws.

Paradise's dress code was flexible enough to include anything from ball gowns to the shorts and bikini tops Bree saw some women wearing. Thankfully the outfits they had brought in anticipation of going out for a nice dinner were also comfortable enough for a night on the dance floor.

Valerie wore a sleeveless red dress with low-cut neck and a broad black band around the waist. Designed to display her admirable charms, it hugged her body in all the right places.

Green was Bree's color of choice, matching her eyes. With a hem just above her knees and long sleeves of translucent lace that extended across her shoulders and upper back, it was her favorite outfit. Her bright red hair, normally tied back in a ponytail, now flowed freely about her shoulders.

"Would you like a drink?" Valerie asked as they came off the dance floor.

"No, I'm good," Bree replied, glancing over her shoulder at a woman who, she was sure, had been stealing glances at her and Valerie while they danced. She wondered if she was interested in one of them in particular.

"Let's take a break, though," Valerie said, a bit tired after having danced the last few sets.

"Sure thing," Bree replied. "I wanted to talk to you anyway."

They moved off to the side where they had a better chance of hearing themselves talk.

"I just wanted to say that you don't have to babysit me all night," Bree said, still having to raise her voice to be heard over the din.

"What?"

"If you meet someone you want to leave with, I don't want my being here to stop you," she clarified. "I can find my way back to the hotel easily enough."

"I'm not looking for anyone," Valerie insisted.

"I'm just saying, that's all," Bree repeated.

Almost as if on cue, the woman that Bree had spotted watching them on the dance floor, having followed them off it, came up to the two of them. From Valerie's reaction, it was obvious she wasn't a stranger.

To Bree, the dark haired woman looked to be about Valerie's age, perhaps a few years older. About the same height, she had a stockier build, but her extra weight was evenly distributed and gave her a sexy figure. Her breasts, half exposed in her tight outfit, were even larger than Valerie's.

"Hello, Victoria," the brunette said once she had Valerie's attention. "I haven't seen you in here for a while; how have you been?"

"I've been fine, Melissa," Valerie replied, her tone giving the impression that she wasn't exactly happy to see the unexpected arrival. "Nice to see you again."

"And who might you be?" Melissa asked, ignoring the lack of sincerity in Valerie's reply as she turned her attention to Bree, giving her an appreciative smile as she did.

"Melissa, this is..." Valerie started to say, only to have Bree cut her off.

"Bridget," she said, reaching out her hand, "Bridget Collins, and it's nice to meet you, Melissa."

Surprised, Valerie looked questioningly at Bree, only to be met by a look that said she wasn't the only one who could play at being someone else.

"I can see why you haven't been around," Melissa said, taking her time releasing Bree's hand.

"Oh we're just friends," Bree said as Melissa finally let go, clarifying their relationship.

"Well, in that case," Melissa said with a smile that some might have called predatory, "would you like to dance?"

Without so much as a glance in Valerie's direction, Bree enthusiastically accepted, stepping forward and wrapping her arm around Melissa's.

Valerie watched with trepidation as the two of them moved out onto the floor and began to dance. She knew from personal experience that, to Melissa, dancing was just another form of foreplay, usually leading to much more intimate contact. Bree's behavior since Valerie had revealed herself had been confusing at best, causing Valerie to wonder just how far Bree was planning to take this 'Bridget' persona.

The song coming over the speakers was the latest release by one of the current crop of twenty-something songstresses. Dancing to it involved little physical interaction between Bree and Melissa, which pleased Valerie. The next tune, however, was a throwback to an earlier era and more than made up for the lack of body contact in the first.

"That bitch," Valerie said under her breath as she watched Melissa hold Bree so tight against her that their breasts were mashed together.

What she seemed to have forgotten was that she never had a problem with the way Melissa danced when it had been her body she was pressed up against.

Her temperature rose even more when she saw Melissa's hand move from the small of Bree's back down to her ass. The redhead didn't seem to mind, though, and made no move to remove it. Instead, she seemed to be engrossed in a very intimate conversation with her dance partner, their faces so close that it almost looked like they might kiss.

The second song also ended and, much to Valerie's relief, Bree began to head back toward her as Melissa went off in another direction.

"Have fun?" she asked once Bree reached her.

"Actually yes," Bree replied. "This being someone else is turning out to be a lot more fun that I imagined."

"I guess Melissa didn't enjoy it as much," Valerie commented, drawing attention to the fact that she had gone off in search of other amusements.

"Oh, I don't know about that," Bree smiled. "She slipped me her cell phone number and told me to give her a call if I wanted."

"Are you going to?" Valerie heard herself ask.

Bree paused a few seconds, seeming to consider the idea.

"I'll be honest: it is a tempting thought," she finally replied.

"Wasn't it you who said only a few hours ago that you couldn't imagine sex with a stranger?" Valerie asked.

"I seem to recall something like that," Bree admitted. "But I also recall you saying something to the effect that I should take advantage of being far away from home."

Valerie fell silent. She had indeed suggested that, but in doing so never imagined that it might lead to this. How had her friend, who, up to now, was so worried what people might think that she went two years without physical companionship, transformed, in what seemed to be the blink of an eye, into someone willing to hop into bed with another woman?

"Have you ever been attracted to another woman before?" Valerie asked.

"Would you be surprised if I said yes?" Bree asked in response.

Actually, Valerie wouldn't have been. It was her experience that many totally straight women had, at some time in their life, had an attraction to another woman. Few, however, ever acted on it.

"No, I wouldn't," Valerie said.

"You've been with Melissa, haven't you?" Bree asked, having picked up on that from Valerie's reaction to the brunette earlier.

"Yes," she admitted.

"What was she like?" Bree further asked. "In bed, I mean."

Valerie cringed at the thought that Bree was actually considering using Melissa's number. Part of her wanted to paint the experience in the worse possible way. Unfortunately, in the years they'd known each other, the one thing she had never done to Bree was lie. Omit aspects of her life, yes, but never actually lie.

"She was phenomenal," Valerie finally said.

"Really?" Bree replied, obviously delighted with the answer.

As much as Valerie had wanted to steer Bree away from Melissa, she knew she had no right to choose what was right for her friend. If she really wanted to explore her sexual options, it was her decision.

"There's one other thing I'd like to know," Bree said, "and I want as honest an answer as you can give me."

Valerie was a bit confused by the phrasing of Bree's question, but promised to do so.

"I'm curious," Bree began, "if you and David have no physical relationship, and I'm, to use your words, a single, attractive and available woman, then why, in all the time we've known each other, have you never so much as made a pass at me? Is it that you prefer anonymous sex with nameless women, or is it simply that I'm not your type?"

It was a simple enough question, but unfortunately, Valerie didn't have a simple answer. It would be easy to just say Bree wasn't her type, but that would be a lie. She had been attracted to the younger woman from the day they'd met. So why hadn't she ever taken the chance?

"Bree, I think you are one of the most attractive women I've ever known," Valerie said, her voice filled with all of the emotion she had held in check for years, "but you are also my best friend. I couldn't bear the thought of ever losing you. Yes, there were times I thought about it. There were even a few times I came really close to crossing that line, but in the end the idea that I might instead drive you away always stopped me."

"Nothing you could ever do would drive me away," Bree interrupted, placing her hand on Valerie's.

"Even now that you know everything," Valerie continued, "I still have the fear that you might have a change of mind once you've had time to really think about it."

"God, you're as big an idiot as I was," Bree laughed, recalling how her fear of being labeled had prevented her from enjoying life's pleasures. "Val, I'm a big girl, and it's about time I started acting like one. If come tomorrow I decide that tonight was a mistake, well then I just don't do it again. I know that at times I've spent days debating what should be simple decisions, but once I've made that decision, I never look back."

Valerie nodded her head, knowing that to be true.

"Look, one way or another, my mind is made up to do this tonight," Bree said, surprising Valerie with her boldness. "I'd much rather it be with someone I care about, but if not, well, I can always use this."

Valerie's eyes focused on the small slip of paper in Bree's hand, the one Melissa had scribbled her number on. Flashing back to how she'd felt when Bree had danced with the brunette, Valerie realized that having Bree go off with anyone else would be unbearable. Weighed against that, any other fear faded into insignificance.

"I don't think you'll be needing that," Valerie said, her mind made up as she reached out and took the strip of paper from Bree's hand.

A broad smile filled Bree's face as she watched Valerie tear the paper into tiny pieces, letting them slip from her fingers and fall to the floor. When she saw the lack of displeasure on her friend's face, Valerie knew she'd been had.

"You weren't ever planning on using that, were you?" Valerie asked as the last piece landed on the hardwood floor.

"Not a chance in hell," Bree grinned. "You're the one I want to be with. I just figured if you thought I might, well then, maybe you'd realize how much you didn't want me to."

"You are a crafty bitch, you know that?" Valerie said in mock anger.

"Of course," Bree laughed softly, "but aren't you glad that I'm your crafty bitch?"

Valerie didn't immediately answer; instead she just smiled and lost herself in the dark green of Bree's eyes. Then, she reached out with her left hand and softly stroked the redhead's cheek, causing the younger woman to let out a small gasp of delight - a gasp that quickly became a low moan as Valerie leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

Bree felt her head swimming, in a way she hadn't felt since high school. Then she felt the softness of Valerie's lips against hers and the press of her tongue as it slipped past. It was, she thought, the most erotic moment of her life. That was immediately followed by the thought that it was but the first of many she would experience before tomorrow's dawn.

"Did you like that?" Valerie asked softly as she pulled back just enough to form the words.

"Oh yes," Bree murmured, still savoring the taste of her.

"Good," Valerie replied in the same low voice, "because that's just the start."

With that, Valerie pressed her body back against Bree, forcing her to take a few steps back into the narrow alcove behind her, a shift of but a few feet but one that now hid them from all but the most adamant onlooker.

A shudder of anticipation filled Bree as she felt Valerie's right hand come to rest on her leg, slowly sliding up along her thigh.

"Someone will see us," Bree said in a whispered tone.

"Perhaps," Valerie replied, moving her hand a few inches higher, "but doesn't that make it a bit more exciting?"

Bree gasped again as Valerie's hand disappeared under the hem of her dress and found its way between her legs. The touch of her fingers against her mound, the wetness of which could be felt through her panties, sent a shudder through her body. One that was to be repeated with even greater intensity as they slipped beneath the thin material and pressed against her most sensitive of spots.

"Oh God," Bree moaned as Valerie brushed her lips against the side of her face, even as her fingers did the same against her clit, quickly developing a slow but steady rhythm. One that had immediate effects, propelling her down the road to bliss.

"Just relax," Valerie said, kissing her cheek before moving down to her neck. "Relax and enjoy it."

Valerie ran her free hand though Bree's flowing locks, then used it to pull her closer as she kissed her deeply. Her tongue again slid into the younger woman's mouth, welcoming the passage of Bree's into her own.

Whatever concern Bree might initially have had about anyone seeing what they were doing had quickly faded. This was fortunate, because the intensity of Valerie's ministrations had brought not only waves of delight across her body, but increasing moans of satisfaction. Moans that soon drew the attention of even the only slightly curious.

It had been a very long time since Bree had felt any hand but her own against her clit and the thrill of it now brought intense pleasure. That the hand was that of another woman heightened the excitement. That it was that of her best friend sent her over the edge in very short order.

"Yes, yes, oh yes," Bree moaned, each syllable louder than the last, her legs growing weak as she reached back and braced herself against the wall in anticipation of an orgasm fast approaching.

With all her attention centered on Bree, Valerie also failed to notice they'd drawn an audience. Not that she really would've cared. Theirs was hardly the most explicit public display the patrons of Paradise had seen, nor had it been the first that she herself had been involved in.

"Oh...my...God!" Bree cried out as she climaxed short minutes later, her body quaking with erotic ecstasy.

It was so overwhelming in fact that it took long seconds after it had subsided for Bree to become aware of the noise around her. One she finally recognized as applause.

"Oh my God," she repeated, this time in a much quieter voice as she looked out and saw at least a dozen women gathered around them.

Bree turned beet-red while Valerie merely smiled. She was tempted to suggest they take a bow, but then thought better of the idea. Instead she suggested that perhaps it might be a good idea if they continued this back at the hotel.

"That, I think," Bree said, still feeling a bit flushed as she straightened out the bottom of her dress, "is a very good idea."

-=-=-=-

It was only a short walk back to the hotel, four blocks if they actually measured it, and much to their surprise, neither woman felt any need to rush. Instead they felt content to maintain a slow, leisurely pace, their hands interlocked as they headed back.

The relaxed walk gave them time to digest what was happening. Time to be sure they truly wanted to go forward with this, to make what would indisputably be a permanent change in their lives. No words passed between them; none were needed. The answer was clearly reflected in their eyes.

It wasn't until they were about a half block from the hotel that their pace began to quicken, anticipation finally overcoming patience. By the time they passed through the revolving door into the lobby, they were practically sprinting.

The surge of expectation, however, made time appear to have slowed to a crawl as, after enduring what seemed an interminable wait for the elevator, they frustratingly also had to stop at nearly every floor as other guests returned to their own rooms.

But all that was quickly forgotten as, on reaching their own room, they fell into each other's arms before the door had even fully closed behind them. Valerie kissed Bree with a passion beyond friendship, causing Bree to feel lightheaded as the softness of her lips proved overwhelming.

For a brief moment, she was reminded of the night in junior high when she and Beverly Green had shared a few kisses, also of the sort not usually shared between friends. At the time, neither had viewed it as illicit, but rather just a bit of practice in anticipation of trying it with boys. It had only occurred that one time as once boys actually started asking them out, both got more practice than they could've imagined.

The warmth of Valerie's tongue as it probed deep inside Bree's mouth sent ripples of excitement throughout her body, amply demonstrating how different this was from those innocent kisses of youth. Wanting more, Bree reached out with an outstretched hand, cupping Valerie's left breast and squeezing it softly. A second recollection asserted itself, this one from high school, when she and Betty Johnson had drunkenly felt each other's breasts at a party, much to the amusement and delight of their dates. As with the kiss, the thrill of the dark skinned woman's mound in her hand eclipsed the teenage memory.

A soft sigh spilled from Valerie's lips as Bree's roving fingers brushed against her erect nipple. The older woman's arousal was already such that it was discernible even through the two layers of cloth that covered it. Sharing her friend's excitement, Bree massaged the hard tip with her thumb, producing a second, even louder reaction from Valerie, one that was quickly followed by a kiss.

"I can't believe how stupid I was," Valerie said, reflecting Bree's comments of a short time before. "How could I never have told you how much I wanted to be with you?"

"Well, you're with me now," Bree said gleefully. "So what are you going to do with me?"

"Everything," Valerie instantly replied with enthusiasm, the force of which caused Bree's heart to practically skip a beat in excitement.

Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,167 Followers