A Pessimists Romance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really, you're not helping my opinion of the human race." Neil mumbled.

"Dogs are better than rats." Conner said, getting even closer to Dalton. Dalton pushed Neil back and met Conner where Neil was standing only a few seconds ago.

"Okay, I'm over here, now." Neil raised his arms before letting them fall to his sides.

"Oh, yeah?" Dalton asked.

"Damn straight." Conner smiled.

"This is accomplishing nothing..." Neil sighed.

"Well, we talked about deep stuff! About our families and stuff." Dalton raised an eyebrow.

"Now this is just getting embarrassing." Neil said weakly, as somebody stared at them while walking by the open door to the room.

"Well, he told me he's infected!" Conner shouted, glad he finally topped Dalton in their conquest for the young mans affections.

"Conner!" Neil shouted. Conner slapped both hands over his mouth.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted, muffling the apology with his hands. Neil glared at him before storming off. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Conner repeated, as Neil fled.

"Neil!" Dalton ran after him. Both of them began chasing after the fleeing infected.

"Neil, I'm so sorry." Conner grabbed Neils arm.

"Let go of me!" Neil shouted. He let a strong flow of electricity through his arm and watched as Conner tensed and then fell on the floor as he ended the flow.

"Holy shit." Dalton mumbled, staring down at Conner.

"Touch me again, and I'll send a shock through your body so hard, metal will stick to you for the next month." Neil threatened Conner, who sat on the ground. Neil was thankful that they were alone in the hallway. He turned, and left the school, leaving the two alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Neil sat in his bedroom in the attic and was surprised when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" He asked. The door opened and Dalton poked his head in. Neil shoved his head in a pillow.

"Hey..." Dalton said.

"Hey." Neil mumbled. Rabies poked his head out of the pillow he had crawled under with Neil, to watch Dalton cross the room.

"So..." Dalton didn't know what to say.

"How is Conner?" Neil asked.

"He's okay, we just told the hospital he got tasered..." Dalton shrugged.

"He had to go to the hospital?! Oh god, I'm such a horrible person." Neil slammed his head into the pillow.

"You're not a horrible person. You're just...sparky." Dalton shrugged.

"He's going to hate me. I was just so mad... I've never lost control of myself like that before." Neil said.

"He knows you're mad, and he isn't mad at you. He knows he fucked up when he told me... that." Dalton shifted back and forth on his feet.

"And about that...I'm sorry...I should have told you, I just...I want to stay as normal as I can for as long as possible." Neil said.

"You don't want people to know because you think they will treat you bad?" Dalton asked.

"Won't they?" Neil asked.

"You don't trust in people enough."

"Why should I? People suck. If given the chance, they'll hang you from your neck while stealing the cash from your pockets." Neil glared at the wall.

"You're a peppy one, aren't you?" Dalton laughed.

"Don't pretend like you don't think of me different." Neil stared at him.

"I don't." Dalton said. "Besides, even if I did. Why do you care? It's not like we're dating." Dalton frowned and kicked at the ground.

"Why do you want to date me so bad?" Neil glared at him.

"Because I like you. You're hot." Dalton laughed, before getting serious again. "And you're smart."

"You've only known me for like a week." Neil said.

"Doesn't that prove how obvious it is then?" Dalton laughed. Neil rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm sure you don't like me now." Neil wrapped his arms around his legs and rested his head on his knees.

"What are you talking about? Of course I do." Dalton said. "I told you you wouldn't change my mind about you."

"So you still want to go out with me?" Neil was surprised.

"Hell yeah, I do!" Dalton beamed.

"Oh..." Neil seemed confused.

"Come on, Give me a chance. Theres nothing wrong with just going out with a guy." Dalton said. Neil looked up at him.

"Okay...Fine." He gave a small smile. Dalton beamed and hugged Neil to his chest.

"Yes!" He cheered. "I finally get a gay boy of my very own!"

"I'm not gay!" Neil resisted the hug, but couldn't pull free from the tight grip on his rib cage.

~~~~~~~~~~

Neil stuffed his books in his locker and grabbed his notepad. He turned after locking the blue, faded, locker and came face to face with Conner.

"Conner..." Neil mumbled, surprised.

"Oh, hey." Conner gave a small smile.

"Look...I'm sorry, Conner. I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just upset and-"

"It's fine. I totally understand. I was a douchebag." Conner blushed. "I shouldn't have said what I said. It wasn't my secret to tell."

"It's fine. I shouldn't have reacted like that." Neil smiled.

"So we're both assholes, I can live with that. So, asshole, wanna go out tonight?" Conner asked, as they began walking down the hall.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought Dalton told you..." Neil said.

"Told me what? I've been home for a week, keep twitching." Conner chuckled. Neil blushed.

"We're seeing each other now. Exclusively." Neil said, feeling awkward.

"What? What happened to not being gay?" Conner stopped and looked at him with eyes that said his favorite toy had just been smashed.

"Well, why do we have to put a label on everything? Maybe I just want to have some fun." Neil shrugged. "What's wrong with that?"

"Well.. Nothing...I guess. It's just... Why cant you have fun with someone else?"

"Someone like you?" Neil raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with me?" Conner frowned.

"Nothing, I just...Dalton has been there for me is all." Neil shrugged.

"And I haven't?" Conner was almost shouting.

"Calm down, I didn't mean it like that."

"I just made a mistake. I didn't mean to blurt out your secret like that." Conner lowered his voice.

"I know that, and I'm over it. I just mean that-"

"That I'm not good enough for you?" Conner asked.

"No! You're reading into this all wrong." Neil said.

"I just don't understand why you won't go out with me." Conner said, yelling again.

"Dalton made the first move, I'm sorry Conner." Neil said.

"He did not!" Conner shouted, as Neil started walking away. "I had the first date, and I would have asked you out again if I hadn't been at home having mini seizures." Conner glared at his back. Neil turned around and threw his arms up.

"I said I'm sorry. Okay? Did you ever think that maybe this is why I'm with Dalton, and not you? You try to hard, Conner." Neil said. He turned, and walked into his class as the bell rang, leaving Conner alone.

12