A Pleasant Fright

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

None of it mattered. I was just grateful that it was over.

Opening my eyes I looked around. I was still in Brad's room, dressed in one of his shirts, tucked snugly beneath the covers. Brad came to me the second he saw that I was awake.

He took my hand. "If you hate me I understand. I just need you to know. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Squeezing his hand I met his eyes. "I don't hate you. I know this wasn't your fault." I winced as I tried to sit up. "How did it happen?" I didn't need to explain. He knew what I meant. "Have you always been...?"

Brad shook his head. "No. Just since last month. That's why I didn't call you back. The first full moon's the hardest. After that I learned more control." He sat on the bed beside me. "It was stupid. I walked in on dad and Ron. They were fucking some hot broad. They invited me to join." He looked down. "I didn't think anything of it. Until they changed and she bit me. I found out after it's been going on for years. My dad was looking for a way to...bring me in. I made it easy."

Sitting up, ignoring the pain I cupped his face with my hand. "This isn't your fault." I glanced at the door. "Look. I should go. My parents..."

With another shake of his head Brad pushed me back down. "No. Your parents know you're here. They think you're hanging out for a week 'cause you want to help me with my car. You need to heal a bit before anyone sees you."

Nodding slowly I glanced at the door again, nervous. "But..."

He leaned down and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. "They're gone. A business trip." His eyes went hard. "They won't be back for a few months. And after that..." He met my eyes. "I swear to you Claudia. They won't touch you again."

Despite what had happened I still trusted him. I truly didn't blame him for what they'd done to me. Besides, he was right. In the condition I was in there would be a lot of question I had no clue how to answer.

I stayed for two weeks, calling my parents myself to extend the visit. We actually did work on the car. The seats got delivered and Brad took me for a ride. It was everything I'd imagined.

During our time together he didn't touch me, other then the odd hug or brotherly kiss. Much as I'd enjoyed our time together I didn't want him to. I wanted nothing to do with sex. To my mind I'd had enough to last me a lifetime.

We kept in touch after I went home. Once in awhile we went out together, to a movie, to a bar to have a few drinks. Without saying so we'd come to an agreement. We both pretended none of it had ever happened.

When the time came for me to go to Harvard Brad was there. He helped me load my boxes into the second hand car my sister bought me. I'd fooled myself into believing it was a sign of sisterly affection, but I knew she was just doing what she thought was her duty. Besides, her new car was much nicer.

I wasn't about to complain. The car was serviceable, and it would take me away. That was all I wanted now. To get away, to forget. Brad understood, as he always did. Standing with me in front of the silver sedan he made me promise to call, well knowing I wouldn't.

The promise was never made. I wouldn't lie to him. Much as it hurt he was part of the memories I wanted to forget. Harvard was the beginning of my new life. There was nothing I wanted to keep.

That was a lie, but it was my lie. When no one was looking Brad acknowledged it. Pulling me against him he kissed me, thoroughly, as though he'd never see me again. I clung to him, savoring him, knowing he probably wouldn't.

This was goodbye. I couldn't face anything else.

* * *