A Public Service Message

Story Info
A scorned man finds his calling.
6.1k words
4.25
46.9k
57
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myhands316
Myhands316
1,180 Followers

Author's notes; Hello again. First, the legal crap. This is a Copyrighted work and all that implies. No unauthorized copying, reproduction or usages without the author's (that's me BTW) permission. This is on an adult site with adult themes., If you find this offensive... then don't bloody read the damn thing! All fictitious persons engaging in any fictitious sexual situations are fictitiously over the age of consent in whatever nation you might be reading this fictional story in.

So now please enjoy!

*****

A Public Service Announcement

This is my public service announcement to all those big dicked assholes, who think they are better men, better fuckers, or just plain better, than some un-expecting slut's husband. Beware I'm out here and looking for you! And you sluts beware too!

Isn't Equality a wonderful thing? It's not pretty, nor does it have a happy ending, but all the same, it's true. That's right mother-fuckers, I'm out here and I will take a scorned husband's revenge.

You see, once upon a time, I was that husband! The husband who fell in love with a lying, cheating, backstabbing slut and this is my story... and your fair warning.

First off, I will not bore you with how we met, fell in love, and all that trivial bullshit. We did, got married, and I was ready to live happily ever after. Now you need to know, it isn't like I was away at war, or had a job that kept me away from home or any of that crap that might give her the 'I was so lonely without you' excuse. I was a regular nine to five Joe, who loved his wife and couldn't wait to get home.

Sure baby, you can be a stay at home wife. I make enough to keep a roof over our head. No honey, I don't care if you go out with your girlfriends and have some fun. Just remember... NEVER LIE TO ME AND I HATE CHEATERS! And always remember that little promise you made, during that little ceremony I paid out the ass for, that you just had to have! Yeah, that's what I thought you said bitch.

I might not be the brightest color in the crayon box, but I'm not the dullest either. If I can run a multi-million dollar industrial parts store, I can read the writing on the wall. You see, in my honest opinion, during the degradation of our society, the divorce laws have become way too easy. Since we don't have any kids, thank you God! All you have to do is fill out some forms, pay the $150.00 in filing costs and whammo, you'd be free to fuck anyone you want any time you wanted. Hell, if you were honest with me and let me get some on the side too, I might've given you a pass. Maybe not, but we'll never know now, will we?

But no! You had to force me into the unwilling cuckold role. You had to lie to me, go behind my back, and thought you could get away with it. Well Babydoll-Honeybunch, I sure hope the fucking you got was worth it. Just remember your momma has two other children to give her grandkids. Maybe, just maybe... they can learn from your mistakes. At least I sure hope so, for their sake. Oh, just so you know, as soon as I mourn, I will find a real woman who loves me enough to be honest and live happily ever after. But, that's neither here or there.

This is about the service I am doing for all those other unwilling cuckolds out there who wish they could do to their sluts what happened to you and your lover. Well, I have to go now. They are calling me back into court. I hope you found forgiveness from the maker, just like I hope the Good Lord can remove the bitterness from my very broken heart.

Your Loving Husband,

Will. (Not my real name)

I read the letter one more time before I ripped it to shreds and tossed it into the closest trashcan.

*****

"Your honor, the defense calls Mr. William Masters Bates (Changed to protect myself) to the stand." The new associate public defender said with a tired sigh. He knew he was going to lose this case. There was just too much circumstantial evidence against his client. It didn't matter if he was innocent or not, the system was going to chew him up and spit him out.

"Do you swear or affirm to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" The old bailiff said in his 'I've done this a million times' voice.

"So help me God!" The defendant said in a loud, proud voice.

"Sir, we no longer have to swear to God..."

"You might not, but I sure do." The defendant looked at the judge. "I am a Christ loving, born again soul. If I'm a lying, and then I'm a dying!" He shook his head. "You might have taken God out of this, but I sure haven't! I have my eternal soul to worry about, even if you don't give a shit anymore."

"AMEN!" Someone said from the gallery!

"Order in the court!" The judge banged his little hammer. "There will be no further outburst from the gallery, or it will be cleared." Privately the judge agreed with the defendant, but he had to keep his tongue with the "New Age" bullshit that passed for legal precedent.

"You may be seated!" The bailiff gave the defendant an evil glare and walked back to his post.

"Mr. Bates, did you shoot and kill your wife and her male companion a Mr. Jamal Warner?" The defense asked the one question he knew needed to be asked right off the bat.

"No, I did not!" The defendant sated in a clear voice.

"No further questions for this witness at this time." The attorney sighed and sat down, noting the snickers from the prosecutor's table.

"And from the state?" The judge asked.

"Yes, we have a few questions." The tall elegantly dressed woman stood up, a feral and victorious smile on her face.

"You may proceed!" The judge was bored, and he knew the jury was bored. He was actually surprised the defendant took the stand, because the case against him was very strong. But, procedures had to be maintained, and he had to give the defense their chance, before he could put this piece of human trash where he belonged.

"Mr. Bates, have you been here the last two weeks as we presented our case?" She smiled sweetly.

"Yes Ma'am, I have." William nodded in affirmative.

"And yet, after all the evidence we have presented that shows your obvious guilt, you have the audacity to proclaim your innocence?" Her voice had a note of derision.

"That could be because I'm not guilty of the crime as accused Ma'am." The defendant didn't even flinch.

"Do you deny you knew of their affair?" She pounced, if he wanted to play that game.

"No Ma'am." He didn't even fidget.

"Do you deny you were exceedingly angry about the affair?" She thought this was going to be easy.

"No Ma'am." Nary and breath changed.

"Do you deny you told several witnesses that you thought they should, and I quote, 'die a horrible death' for their betrayal?" She grinned knowingly.

"No Ma'am, I do not." Again, he answered without a blink.

"And you admit you have no alibi for the time of the murders?" He was making her points for her.

"I don't need one, since I didn't commit the alleged crime." He shrugged. "Only the guilty have to look for an alibi, or a way out. The innocent don't have that burden." He shrugged again.

"So, getting back to the case, you admit we have proven, you had the motive, the means, the opportunity, and the ability to commit these crimes?" She started to smile again, but was stopped.

"Yeah and so? That still doesn't mean I did it!" There was a snicker from the jury box.

"Please retain proper decorum." The judge bit his lip.

"You mean to say..." She started to get nasty.

"What you haven't proven Ma'am." William interrupted her. "Since you can't, because I'm innocent...! Was that I committed the crime as accused." He leaned forward. "You have showed no forensic evidence that I was at the scene, in the neighborhood, or anywhere other than at my place of employment at the time of the crime, or committed any act that alludes to the premise of me committing the crime, or that I pulled the trigger of the weapon that ended their life. This is easy to address, since I am innocent of all the charges leveled against me." He sat back with a smile.

"You honor, I wish to have that statement stricken from the record, and have the witness admonished to only answer the questions asked!" She gave the defendant a hard glare.

"Objection... She opened the door to his spontaneous testimony by her line of questions!" His lawyer stood up with a smile. Maybe his client was smarter than he thought.

"Side bar!" The Prosecutor hissed.

"Approach!" The judge was awake for the first time in days. They argued for a few minutes and were waved back.

"I will allow the statement to stand, but will also admonish the witness to keep his answers to the question asked. There will be no further outburst from the witness, or he can be held in contempt of court. Does the witness understand?"

"Permission to speak freely your honor." Mr. Bates looked at the judge.

"Speak, but keep it on point!" He was looking at the witness with a new light.

"So, what you are saying is that... I can be held in contempt of court, because I have an answer to her blatantly erroneous and purposely malicious statements against me in this trial. That you are taking away my God given right, to protest my innocence and contradict her misinformation in court of law, as she asks me leading questions, trying to prove my guilt for a crime I did not commit? I'm fighting for my life here, since this is a special circumstance trial, and yet I am forbidden by you, the judge in this trial, to tell the truth as I see it? Is that what you just ordered of me sir?"

"Bailiff, please excuse the Jury for a twenty minute recess!" His eyes narrowed as they filed out of the room. "I want to see the witness and counsel in my chambers in five minutes!" He slammed down his little hammer and left the room fuming.

Once in chambers, William didn't sit down, but stood at attention in front of the judge. "What are you, some damn jail house lawyer?" The judge asked pissed. "Don't you ever pull that kind of shit in my courtroom again!"

"What...? Defend myself your honor?" William didn't smile. "I'm sorry your honor, but that's not going to happen. I have the right to do so and I will continue as long as I do not cause undue disturbance to the court. Since I am on the stand giving MY testimony, what I said is not considered undue disturbance or even out of order. I sat there quietly as this person spewed her hate and misinformation about me for the last two weeks. This is my only chance to change all that, and I will take it, or ask for a miss-trial!"

"Where the hell did you study the law?" The judge asked knowing what the man said was technically correct.

"Your honor, I have spent the last two and a half years in jail for a crime I did not commit. I have lost everything I ever owned, because I could not afford the five million dollar bail the court ordered because they could or because of MY presumed guilt. A knowingly high bail because of the public pressure put on the court due to the blatant misinformation put out by the police department and the DA's office concerning MY presumed guilt. I have had sixteen hours a day to study in the law library at said place of MY incarceration without being proven guilty of any crime! So, I have studied the same amount law as a six year law student, who studies four to five hours a day, five days a week. Granted I know a lot of the theory, but none of the practical application. Ergo, why I maintain my counsel, who has had the availability to be in a working court system, whereas I have been incarcerated for the last two and a half years for a crime I did not commit."

"I do not need your protestations of innocence!" The judge growled.

"Just keeping it on the record your honor." William nodded. "That, and putting in all things I can to support an appeal, if there is a conviction in this farce. I have already laid the ground work for at least three different appeals and will keep doing so until I get a not-guilty verdict or miss-trial with prejudice ruling in this case. I want my life back your honor! And, I'm not willing to wait decades for the court to see the error of their ways."

"How can you say you didn't do it?" The woman asked, getting pissed knowing his guilt. She had read the reports and seen the evidence.

"Because, they got off way too easy for me to have done it!" He snarled at her. William showed his first bit of emotion. "If he was found with his dick cut off, filled with silicone and shoved up his ass, while lying on top of a hill of fire ants, coved in honey, begging for mercy that would never come. Or, if she suffered so much it makes the crucifixion of the Christ to be a fun day at the park. Then and only then, should you be looking at me. But, they were just shot while there were otherwise occupied. Dying with a smile on their faces as it were, while I was busy at work trying to earn a living and hoping I could survive the divorce I was facing. In my view, they got off way too easy!" He took several deep breaths to cam himself. "But then again, I am still a little bit bitter right now, all things considered."

"But you said you didn't have an alibi!" The prosecutor looked at William shocked by the violence in his voice and the truth of what he implied.

"No, I said I didn't need one, and I still don't! My God, don't they teach the English language in law school anymore? You drone on about meanings of words, but have no clue as to what words really mean." William rolled his eyes. "I would have thought the police, during their investigation, or your office, before going to trial, would have talked to the people at my store who knew where I was at the time of the crime. But, those statements have not been taken, or at least they were not turned over in the discovery phase of this trial if they were taken!"

"That is something I was going to bring up upon redirect your honor!" The public defender said quickly.

"Are you suggesting there is some sort of conspiracy in this case?" The judge asked getting even more pissed.

"Your words, not mine your honor." William stated flatly. "All I know is Susan Richards, my parts driver, came to me while I was in jail and told me she was talked to by the police on more than three occasions, giving them oral and written statements. Yet, we found none of the statements or records of those visits in discovery! She is also by the way, the self same person the prosecution used during the Grand Jury section of this farce to prove motive, and ability to go forward to trial on this case."

"What do you mean?" The judge looked at the attorneys scowling.

"She is the one who stumbled upon the affair, your honor. She is the one who informed me of said affair. She is also the one who offered me a place to stay while I worked out what I was going to do about said affair." William stated ticking off points on his fingers.

"She is on our witness list your honor and can attest to the truth of Mr. Bates statements." The PD. ruffled through his case looking for the paperwork.

"We were going to exclude her, since of her obvious attraction to the defendant..." The DA said quickly.

"Then exclude any evidence you obtained from her statements!" William pounced. "In which case, I again call for a miss-trail, due to all the State's evidence is all based on Mrs. Richard's testimony to the Grand Jury and could have not been obtained any other means since there are too many witnesses that prove I was at work during the time of the crime!"

"Enough Mr. Bates!" The judge slapped his desk, breathing hard. "I brought you in here to hear my admonishment of your antics in my court, but I am beginning to see this had been part of your defense." He started drumming his fingers. "Unfortunately, you have brought up some very valid legal points, or your ass would be languishing back in you cell!

"

"Your honor, you can't...?" The DA started to see where she might have made a misjudgment.

"They can't have it both ways your honor. They can't use her in one proceeding, but not the other!" The PD. jumped on the band wagon.

"But...!" The judge held up his hand to shut everyone up.

"It is your attorney who should be bringing these points up, making the proper motions, and asking for procedural modifications, miss-trials, and the like."

"Your honor, I was just..." The PD., tried.

"But you can't really mean..." The DA., gasped.

"I said quiet!" He stared them down while William stood there and smiled. The judge saw it and knew no matter what he ruled, this was going to appeal. The precedent had already been set and they all knew it.

"Thank you your honor." William stepped back.

"Here is my ruling on this Godforsaken mess." The judge looked at the attorneys and sighed. "Since the jury is sitting, you'll have until tomorrow at nine in the morning to bring me any, and I do mean any... motions for dismissal, arguments about witnesses, or offers of lesser plea or dismissal of all charges. And yes, double jeopardy will be invoked! I will not make this court a laughing stock because someone didn't do their due diligence and check their damn paperwork!" He took a deep breath. "And you Mr. Bates, will continue to sit there quietly and let your attorney do his job, and not do it for him. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir." He knew he had just counted coup on the judge and gave in gracefully. He knew no matter what, he could get a miss-trial, file several appeals or best case, and get everything tossed out. He had done what he could. Now it was time to shut up and let it take its own course.

*****

The jury was confused the next afternoon when they walked in and the defendant was standing next to his lawyer instead of on the stand. They were wondering what was going to happen next, it was finally getting interesting.

The judge came in scowled at the defendant and looked at the DA. "Are there any motions to be addressed before we proceed?" He asked gruffly.

"Yes your honor." The DA lady looked like she was eating a turd while addressing the court. "In the interest of justice, the state asks the court to dismiss the charges against the defendant." She looked like she wanted to hurl.

"Is the state planning on refilling charges at a later date?" The PD asked, taking his cue and smiling.

"Not at this time." She sighed.

"After hearing the motion, and seeing the briefs, I am granting the motion for dismissal of all charges." He tapped his hammer on the wooden block. "The DA has forty eight hours to re-file. If not, then double jeopardy will be in effect and Mr. Bates cannot be retried for this offence. Is that understood?" He looked at the shocked faces in the court and wanted to groan in frustration.

"Yes your honor." They said together.

"Your honor, my client wishes to have his possessions brought here so he can be out processed from the court's detention area." The DP asked on cue.

"Granted..." The judge sighed. "At this time I would like to thank and excuse the jury. Your services are invaluable no matter how the case has been resolved. We ask the jury not to discuss this case until after the DA has had a chance to review and or re-file the charges against the defendant. Bailiff, you may excuse the jury." There was a loud mummer as the jury got up to leave.

"Your honor, my client has asked me to inform you that he will be at the aforementioned address for the next seventy two hours. After that, he will be leaving the state since no further charges are pending against him in this state, and for obvious reason, my client is looking for a new start. That will give the state adequate time to file any charges and have them served through proper channels." The PD knew his job profile just took a huge leap in the right direction.

"The State is agreeable and hopes Mr. Bates has a good life." The DA said, looking at William with a certain amount of respect.

Myhands316
Myhands316
1,180 Followers
12