A Question of Trust

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

As I drove I wondered why I had begun thinking of Darcy while having sex with Juanita. I'd never done that before. There had been half dozen women whose bed I had shared since breaking up with Darcy and not once had thoughts of Darcy intruded. Then, since Darcy was back in my mind I started thinking about what Darcy had said earlier at Ernie's. Was it true? Could I believe her? In my anger that night did I read more into what I saw than was really there? If we got back together would I always wonder and as a result always be suspicious of her?

That is really what it all boiled down to - trust! That is what a relationship required - trust. A relationship could not work if every time you were apart you wondered what the other person might be doing. It could not work if every time your significant other came home late you wondered where they had been or what they had been doing. It could not work if the other called and cancelled a date and left you wondering what they were doing instead and maybe with whom.

That was the question before me as I thought about Darcy and what she had told me. Could I trust her? Even as I asked myself that question I knew that there was only one way to find out.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I slept the usual worn out and exhausted sleep that I always did after an evening with Juanita. I stopped at Bob's Big Boy on the way to work and had breakfast and when I got to my office I picked up the phone and called Darcy and asked her to meet me at Barney's Roadhouse at six. She said she would be there. I was already sitting at a table when she came in and I saw a look of hopeful expectation on her face as she walked over to me. As soon as she sat down I cut right to it.

"So what is it that you want Darcy? To date from time to time?"

"That would be nice Rob, but you know what I want. I want you back in my bed where you belong. No strings attached. Dinner and dancing would be appreciated, but the bottom line is that I want you back in my bed."

"So what you are is suggesting a "friends with benefits" relationship?"

"Call it whatever you like Rob, but I need you back in my life."

"No strings?"

"None."

"What would be a good time to call you this week?"

"No time like the present Rob. My apartment, your apartment, a motel, your backseat or mine, but now, right now is a good time."

I dropped a ten on the table and stood up and followed Darcy out of the bar. I have no idea how it is going to turn out. It is all going to depend on whether I can learn to trust her again. It might take a while for it to happen, if it ever does, but we are both young so we have the time.

12