A Riverboat Encounter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers

"Would you like a drink?" The dark woman asked.

"Yes. What do you recommend?" Avery asked with excitement.

Dakoda gave her a sinister smile as she answered, "How about a Pink Pussy?"

Sea green eyes widened, and the corners of her mouth turned up into a toothy grin. "Sounds delicious," she answered, knowing that Kody was being a tease.

The short icy glass filled with the pinkish concoction and whipped cream floating on top was set before her. Avery eyed the tempting liquid as she picked it up to drink. The mix of flavors exploded on her palate with a sweet sensation. "Wow, that's good."

Dakoda gave her a huge smile as she began another drink order for a customer.

********

When the riverboat docked for the night, the two women set out again for another walk down the cobblestone streets. Walking arm in arm, they enjoyed the warm night air as the small independently owned storefronts began to close their doors.

As they approached the café where they sat the night before, each of the women briefly looked at one another to see if perhaps they should take advantage of it again. With a smirk on their faces, they knew that they were both thinking of the same thing.

Dakoda stepped ahead, and motioned with a jovial bow towards the door, "Shall we?"

Avery giggled a bit. "We shall," she stated gleefully.

Just then a voice firmly called out. "Avery."

The short blonde turned around to find the voice. Sea green eyes widened as Mark stomped his way towards her. Avery attempted to prepare herself for the approaching argument.

"Why the hell did you check out of the room and leave me there to pay the bill? You said you'd cover the room when we checked in." Mark spat out.

"Yeah, well that was before I saw you in the room passed out drunk with a whore. Did you win some money on the boat? And you felt like celebrating? So what's wrong with you paying the room with your winnings?" She responded immediately.

"That bitch was gone before I was awakened by the maid service, and she took the fifteen hundred I had won. I wasn't even left with twenty dollars for gas. Plus you've never cared in the past who I slept with. You could've just gotten another room or something." He stated in a vile manner.

Avery's Irish temper was at a boiling point. She could not believe Mark was doing this in public. "You're right Mark; I never cared in the past. But what bothers me is how much of an asshole you've grown into since we started this weekend. I honestly don't know why I stayed friends with you this long. You grow more stupid each day that you spend with your uneducated, ill-mannered redneck friends."

His eyes widened with fury. He hated anyone calling him dumb. In his clouded rage he instantly drew his hand back to strike her. Something he never entertained before. But in that same instant an equally large hand fiercely grabbed his wrist halting all action.

Steel blue eyes harshly stared into angry brown as the grip on his wrist remained tight and firm. In a cold and deep tone, through gritted teeth, Dakoda spoke clearly with her icy words. "Real men don't hit women."

Mark was momentarily stunned by this woman's gaze and strength and words. He didn't know what else to do but to stand there. It was only when he felt his arm slowly released that he silently stormed off without looking back.

Avery was shocked to say the least. She could hardly believe how the events had unfolded before her. She stepped up to her tall friend, and sea green eyes connected with ocean blue. A gentle hand, that was moments ago a force not to be tangled with, rose up; and Avery felt the soft strokes of slender fingers across her cheeks. She could not help but then lay her head against Dakoda's chest. Arms circled around each other. Not a word was spoken in those few moments but their actions spoke volumes.

After some minutes, Dakoda said, "You know today is Sunday. You have to work tomorrow, right?" The blonde crown nodded. "I'll take you home then."

Avery looked at her watch and realized it would not have been a good idea to try and call Sandy to see if she can get picked up.

********

The hour long drive to Mexico was somewhat quiet, except for the low sounds of the music on the radio. Avery was assessing in her mind all that had taken place over the past two days. She loved the feelings that just Dakoda's presence alone had on her. She definitely wanted to continue getting closer to this exhilarating woman.I wonder what Sandy is going to say about this. Would she disapprove? Why am I even thinking like that? Sandy and I are as close as sisters. She wouldn't care. She's always wanted me to be happy with the right person.

"Penny for your thoughts." Dakoda's voice gently came in, bringing Avery out of her reverie.

"Huh? I'm sorry. I was just thinking."

"I gathered that much." Dakoda stated with a hint of sarcasm.

Avery rolled her eyes with a smile. "I was thinking that I had a great time this weekend, and I'm really glad you came over and handed me that Midori Sour."

Dakoda grinned joyfully. "I'm really glad you took me up on the offer."

Avery suddenly noticed the driveway to the house. "Turn left here."

The dark woman quickly pulled in and made the trek up the gravel drive. She parked just behind the navy blue pick up truck. Both of them looked at the time on the car stereo.

"Wow, it's really late. I would hate for you to have to drive another hour back."

"I'll be okay." Dakoda said.

"No, it's not fair to you. You're welcome to stay the night. I know you must be tired. I can see it in your eyes. Please stay so you can get some sleep. It'll make me feel better." Avery softly pleaded.

The bartender finally conceded, and as they entered through the doorway, they quietly tiptoed their way down the hall, and up to Avery's room.

"We'll share the bed. It's plenty big for the both of us. I'll get a T-shirt and some cotton shorts for you to wear."

"Never mind the shorts. They probably won't fit me. I'll be fine in my boxers and the T-shirt." Dakoda whispered in response.

They climbed into the bed facing each other. Blue and green eyes silently watched the other.

Avery knew that she wanted to kiss the luscious lips before her. She wanted, almost needed to have some kind of contact with Dakoda. Almost as if her thoughts were spoken aloud, she saw the dark woman slowly inch her way closer. Her lips were softly captured. Tongues tenderly caressed their mate.

When the kiss came to an end, Dakoda whispered, "Good night Avery."

The young blonde cuddled up to her companion with her head on a strong shoulder. "Good night," she responded with contentment.

*******

Morning came sooner than was expected. Avery entered the kitchen where Sandy was making breakfast and Josh was reading the paper.

"Hey Squirt. When did Mark get new wheels? I never thought he'd give up his truck." He commented on the nice silver Mustang in the drive.

"It's not Mark's car," Avery began just as Kody walked into the kitchen. A smile as big as a teenage girl in love spread across her face. "Hey," she practically whispered in greeting when the tall woman stood next to her.

Dakoda returned the smile, and then began to feel awkward as all eyes were upon her. The sudden silence became deafening.

Finally Avery said, "Josh, Sandy, this is Kody. I met her in Hannibal. She was kind enough to spend time with me, especially when Mark abandoned me there." She grabbed her friend's large hand for a squeeze as she continued. "Kody, this is my cousin Sandy and her husband Josh."

"It's nice to meet the two of you. I heard much about you."

"Hopefully it's all been good." Sandy commented sarcastically. "Would you like some coffee, Kody?"

"Sure, that would be great. Thank you."

Josh rustled his newspaper indicating that he had returned to reading it.

Kody looked at her watch, and realized that she had to go right then and there. "I have to go," she said softly to the short blonde. "I have that meeting at the university, and I need to go home to change."

They walked silently to the Mustang. Each of them disappointed that their weekend has come to a close, and wondering what is the next step to take from here. Avery didn't want to let go of Kody's hand. Green and blue eyes looked into each other's souls as they stood next to the car.

Kody could not resist the desire to kiss the luscious lips before her. Velvety soft tongues met their counterparts in a passionate dance. It was impossible to stifle the moans which were emitted from each of them, so throwing caution to the wind, they pressed their bodies against the other with wild abandon.

Sandy leaned out the open kitchen window with the telephone in her hand. She just about dropped the receiver into the flower bed below when she saw what her cousin was doing. With her jaw hanging open in shock, she forgot what she was going to do until she heard the higher-pitched voice coming from the end of the receiver. "Yeah, yeah, I'm looking for her ---- hold on already," she declared the person talking. Not wanting to see her cousin still engaged, she shouted, "Avery! Phone call! It's Maude. She needs you now!"

Lips disengaged, but hearts continued to race. Reluctantly Avery said, "I better go. Maude only calls when there's an emergency at work and she needs to me to fill in." She saw Kody nod in understanding, and with one more quick kiss, Avery sprinted into the house.

Unfortunately for the two of them, in the haste of things they didn't exchange phone numbers. So not being able to call each other the week passed by rather slowly for each of them.

*******

Dakoda enjoyed one of her days off by surfing the web for a few paintings from her favorite artist. She had spent the better part of the past five years in search of this artist's work. Most of the time she came up empty, and the few leads she did get didn't really take her far. Rubbing ocean blue eyes for the third time on this late afternoon, she finally decided to take a break. Padding her way into the kitchen, she pilfered through the fridge for the necessary items to make a turkey and Swiss sandwich.

Suddenly her Dell notebook chimed to announce she had a new email message. She ignored it for the time being thinking perhaps that it wasn't important. Taking a couple of more bites of her delicious sandwich, and popping a few more baby carrots into her mouth that she had dipped in Ranch dressing, her curiosity finally got the better of her. As she made her way back to the computer, she grabbed the tall glass of milk from off the counter. Taking a long swig of milk to wash down the food, she sat herself back down in the leather desk chair. Taping a key to stop the Van Gogh screensaver, she opened the new message. Blue eyes widened in surprise as she read it.

Dear Ms. Lanning,

As for your inquiry regarding the painting by a Mrs. Dorothy L. Buchanan, we do happen to have in our possession "Riverboat Breeze". If you are interested in viewing the piece, you are welcome to contact me for an appointment. Thank you for your interest.

Samuel D. Brownstone

Dakoda picked up the cordless immediately, and dialed the number provided. After her short and direct conversation with Mr. Brownstone, she was dressed and out the door to meet with him. She was ecstatic that he had agreed to give her a viewing of the painting this afternoon on such short notice.

*********

Mr. Brownstone sat at his desk reviewing the draft for the grant proposal for this coming year. His wrinkled hands held the document somewhat close to his face. Arthritic fingers pushed wire-rimmed glasses back up the bridge of his nose. Putting the paper down for the third time, he looked at the hour displayed on the antique grandfather clock just a few feet away from his desk. Upon seeing what time it was, he sat back with a sigh. He reflected back on his conversation with Ms. Lanning and he was content to know that someone had taken interest in the painting. Soon his feeble mind went further back to when he first viewed the selected piece of art.

It was his second year at the gallery, and on a breezy and sunny summer afternoon the most lovely, graceful, and beautiful southern woman had walked into the gallery. She carried a large artist portfolio. She held onto it as if it was a loving child. He knew that the items it contained were very dear, but he was captivated by her radiant beauty and the flaming locks of reddish gold hair that fell down in large swooping ringlets upon her shoulders and back. He introduced himself, and found himself further captivated by her beautiful southern accent and angelic smile. They conversed for quite some time, and he patiently listened to her story as to why she was selling the paintings.

A soft knock on the office door shook Mr. Brownstone out of his daydream. He had not realized that he had drifted off down memory lane until the insistent rapping on his door did not cease.

With the door partially pushed open, a head of salt and pepper hair peeked in. "Excuse me Mr. Brownstone, your three o'clock appointment is here. Would you like me to send her in?" The older robust secretary called from the doorway.

"Ah yes, Mrs. Quinley...umm send her in. Thank you." He commented as he pushed up his glasses again. He stood up and stepped out from behind his desk to greet the tall and striking woman. He was mesmerized by the intensity of blue in her beautiful eyes, and the fact that she stood at least two feet taller than himself.

"Good afternoon Mr. Brownstone. Thank you so much for agreeing to meet with me today. I greatly appreciate this opportunity." She stated as she gripped his hand for a shake. Her award winning smile showed brilliant pearly whites.

My goodness, she sure is strong.He thought to himself.I must be getting too old."Of course Ms. Lanning. I am happy to know you have such an interest in this painting. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come across the artist's work?"

"I'm a professor of art history at the University of Missouri, and about five years ago I attended an art show where two of her works were on display. I must confess that I fell in love at first sight and have been an avid fan ever since. I had purchased those two paintings and two others after locating them in a gallery in Chicago."

"Really? All the way in Chicago? How odd?" Mr. Brownstone interjected.

"Yes it is because to my understanding she was originally from the south and then had lived in the local area for the remainder of her life."

"Yes, that's true. Well it seems you have definitely done your research." He said with a smile. "Come --- let us see what you came for." He lead her down a hallway whose walls were adorned with works of art from various artists. "We don't have it on display this year. It's back here with the other paintings we've had to place in storage. There have been times that I did wish the gallery was big enough to have it all displayed. Aahhh here we go." They stood in front of what appeared to be a large double door cabinet. "If you wouldn't mind standing over there," he pointed across from him with a wrinkled finger, "we'll open the doors together."

As the doors swung outward, he flicked the little switch nearby, turning on the small lamp which was mounted to the wall directly over the painting. The light's beam illuminated the beautiful colors and brush textures of the artist's touch.

Azure eyes carefully scanned the painting with heart thumping joy. Dakoda was in complete awe as her eyes took in the details of the strokes and shades which were used.

Mr. Brownstone was very content with her reaction. The corners of his mouth curled up into a grin.

"It's amazing." Dakoda declared in a whisper. "Is it for sale?" She quickly followed; her voice was noted as serious. She looked at him, waiting for the answer.

He was startled at first but he also knew there was a great possibility that she would want to purchase it since she already had a couple of others. "Well, we have a gallery showing and silent auction that is going to begin next weekend. I'm rather confident this will be one of the pieces that the gallery director would like to clear out from storage. We've had the piece for the past twenty years now." He said as he pushed up his glasses again.

"I would greatly appreciate further information about the showing."

"Of course, Ms. Lanning. I will email you everything."

"Thank you." She gazed at the painting one more time. Inside she was excited to possess the work of art and add it to her collection.

**********

Friday finally came around again. Dakoda had her bag packed and ready to start another weekend on the riverboat. It felt good to have the last few days off, and to spend it at home in Columbia instead of the little apartment in Hannibal. She always missed her king-sized bed and spacious house whenever she stayed in the quaint little town. Stepping on the accelerator as she merged onto Interstate 70 in her Ford Mustang, her mind wandered to a certain small blonde with deep sea green eyes. Dakoda wondered if the two of them would per chance meet up again this weekend. She had so enjoyed the time they had together...the handholding...the small kisses...the passionate kisses suddenly all went swirling through her mind. Dakoda knew she wanted to pursue a relationship. She mentally chastised herself for that moment of nervousness that was experienced when cousin Sandy had given her a scrutinizing stare which made her forget to ask Avery for her phone number.Maybe I can stop by her place during the day to say 'hey'. Dakoda thought to herself.

********

Avery kicked the old wooden screen door open as she stormed out of Woody's. It slammed with a loud snap against the outside of the building, catching the attention of the patrons who saw and heard the scuffle at the bar.

The short blonde got into the driver's seat of her cousin's car, hit the steering wheel multiple times, and then screamed.

Mark had walked in acting like he was the high and mighty god for his early evening pool game with the boys. They had all been drinking for the past hour, and Avery was used to their raucous behavior. But when one of them came to the bar for a refill on their pitchers of Bud, he clearly propositioned Avery for a three-way with her new girlfriend. At first she couldn't believe what she heard come out of his mouth, but then that awful beer breath sneer grew upon his face, and he said, "Come on Avery, my dick is bigger than Mark's and I have the energy to fuck you both all night long. Hell, watching you eat pussy while I plow into you will keep me going for hours."

Avery was absolutely appalled and disgusted all at once. She marched from behind the counter, and straight up to Mark who was laughing along with his buddies. "How dare you," she declared through gritted teeth.

He looked at her with spiteful eyes, and said, "Hey I figured since you've slept with me, and are now opening your legs to some dyke, then it wouldn't matter if Jason asked to get in on that action. If you've got open legs, then you've got to have an open mind too, right sugar?"

Her face turned a dark shade of crimson as her anger bubbled to the surface. "You fucking asshole," she screamed as she slapped him hard.

Without hesitation, he struck in the blink of an eye, backhanding her across the face. Before he had a chance to raise his hand again, some of the boys came at him restraining his actions.

Avery now sat in her cousin's beat up Chevy, desperately trying to get the key in the ignition. The dam of tears was quickly threatening to gush forth. She held on as she jerked the car into drive, and peeled out of the dusty unpaved parking lot.

**********

Sandy could hardly believe what had happened at Woody's. She was livid at Mark for his audacity and rudeness, and had it in her mind to give him a swift kick in the nuts. She sat at the table trying to console her crying cousin as she listened to her re-count the details. She was also trying to piece together what exactly was going on between Avery and her new friend, the bartender.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers