A Road Well Travelled (By Zombies)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lexavier
Lexavier
21 Followers

The girls opened up the bus upon their return and they slumped into seats with a weary sigh. Zander keyed the ignition and pushed the bus through the horde and back onto the road. They drove in silence until Zander stopped at a line of abandoned cars, idling at a junction.

Luke eyed him quizzically, and Zander sighed. "You and the girls are going to take the bus back to the boat. I'm going on ahead. No arguments." He didn't even look at them. He stood up, leaving behind the golf club but grasping the pistol tightly. "One of these cars must be useable. This is my thing. You guys... you be safe." Luke looked like he was going to protest but Zander's expression silenced him. The doors opened and he finally met their eyes, gave them a silent nod, turned and stepped off the bus...

******************************

The countryside was pretty much deserted. Occasionally I'd spot someone shuffling past, or there would be a vehicle in the middle of the road to skirt round. They seemed to gather in the fields, perhaps drawn by an animal carcass. I had to seriously keep my cool when the road became wooded. I knew anything could be in the road, and the trees obscured the view ahead. I slowed, better cautious then hasty.

The sun was setting slowly and it was growing dark. The trees also started to block out the dim light as the canopies grew denser. My powerful headlights illuminated the road, the trees throwing dark misshapen shadows that unsettled me. As I rounded another bend, I had to slow to a stop. Since entering this forested area I hadn't seen any signs of life, so the scene before me had me suspicious.

A white and green Sheriff car was parked up on the verge, the door hanging open and the engine quietly humming. In the middle of the road lay a dark figure, wearing simple jeans and a navy t-shirt. He wasn't moving. By his lifeless body lay a double-barrelled shotgun, the silvery steel of the barrels shined in the lights beaming from my pickup.

A short distance away was a bloody heap of zombie corpses.

Now I'm not stupid. Something was out of place here. But I'd been on the run all day, I was achy and tired and my mind was not thinking straight. All I could think of was that the shotgun would make a great addition to my arsenal. I sighed as I considered it. I could drive alongside him, lean out and grab the gun, swing round and pull up beside the car and search it for any extra ammunition. I wouldn't be too far from my escape route, and it'd minimise the danger.

Well it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Slowly, I rolled forward, the silence broken by the light crackle of my tires on the tarmac. The closer I got to the dead man, the less of a sheriff he looked. Still, it wouldn't have surprised me if this man had hijacked the car for the same reason as I wanted his shotgun. I stopped, and opened the door as quietly as I could. The figure still didn't move, not even a gentle rocking of breathing so I knew he definitely wasn't alive. That didn't mean he wouldn't get up and attack me though.

There would be no way to reach the weapon from my seat. Annoyingly, I'd have to climb out and get it. Why the hell am I doing this? I could so easily turn back now but it was so close... I swung my legs round, scanning the dark depths of the trees for signs of movement. Finding none, I slipped out of the chair, holding my pistol tightly. My heart hammered in my chest.

My feet touched the road, and I slowly bent forward, my free hand questing out for the weapon. I was inches away but I had to tear my eyes from the dark trees to find it. I grasped it tightly, a feeling of exultation coming over me as I straightened up and quickly clambered back into the car.

I couldn't believe I'd made it, I thought for sure something was going to happen. The metal was cold in my hands, heavier than I was used to. I checked it over, obviously it was unloaded but it seemed to be in good condition. I smiled to myself as I leaned over my seat to chuck the gun in the back.

I screamed.

A hand grasped my wrist painfully. A balaclava-clad man bared his teeth at me as he pulled himself from the shadows of the foot well. I struggled but his other hand tangled in my hair, wrenching my head down. He was very strong, but then I was no push over either. I shifted my weight, managing to lean over enough to use my free hand. I hit him, hard. My fist connected with his thick head, sending a jolt of pain up my arm. He grunted and fell backwards, but as I was getting my fingers on my pistol, the door opened behind me and I heard the soft click of a handgun being cocked.

I froze.

There are times in your life that making a run for it is a good idea. More often than not, you're captor will hesitate or miss the first shot, giving you a window of opportunity. I realised that this was not one of those times when the man pressed his pistol to the back of my head.

"That's far enough, girl. You hold real still now or I'll put a bullet through your skull." The man holding the gun said gruffly.

"Yeah," said the one from the backseat. "We don't want to hurt you less'n we have to."

******************************

Zander's car had died about an hour ago, and now he trekked through the wood, a small flashlight illuminating the way. His stomach growled loudly, and he prayed nothing was nearby to hear it. The gun he'd taken had a single magazine of ten bullets, a small defence if he came across anything other than a small group.

The trees gave way to a small clearing. The stench of death hung in the air, and it terrified him. Nothing moved. Even the birds seemed to be silent, as if this place was cursed and to be avoided. Zander stepped out cautiously, sweeping the trees with the small beam of light. Something was not right, not right at all.

******************************

I lay on my back on the damp grass, panting heavily from a mixture of fear, anger and humiliation. The barrel of the weapon I had previously thought I was liberating was now a cold reminder on my shoulder of my expected obedience. The pair stared down at me, feasting their eyes on my naked body. They had pulled me roughly from the car, marched me into a nearby clearing, dumping my belongings a short distance away and demanded I strip for them. They looked like father and son, the younger man having removed his balaclava continued to pin me to the ground with his gun.

I glanced across to the older man. Older: yes. Weaker: no. His bare chest was fairly ripped, and despite the slight touch of grey at his temples, seemed to be in peak condition. He was as unshaven as his son, and I detected a hint of madness in his eyes, but I could have mistaken it for simple hungry lust.

He dropped his trousers and boxers, and a fresh wave of fear rattled through me as I realised he intended to steal more than my food and weapons. He was already quite hard but he took a moment to stroke himself, staring unabashed at my curves. I briefly wondered what would be worse, dying a quick shotgun related death, or having to live through this dirty man taking me...

******************************

The clearing was like a cemetery. Zander spotted spaces where the grass had been disturbed; the dirt packed tightly, graves without markings. He continued on towards the centre, each careful footstep after another. A man's face, with milky white eyes gazed up at Zander, the flesh rotted away leaving an almost skeletal face. In an odd sort of way, the man looked like he was grinning in his death, a morbid thought.

There were several of them, dead zombies, spread out around the clearing. In the centre were more figures, but they seemed... more whole, more ... human.

******************************

I spread my legs willingly, biting my lower lip and moaning seductively. Their eyes bulged and so did their groins. I reached up to cup my breasts, the young man slowly relented the pressure on my shoulder to allow me better use of my arm. They followed the slow movement of my thumbs over my large nipples, and almost stopped breathing as I trailed my hands down over my soft skin to part my puffy lips, displaying myself lewdly for them.

No, I hadn't suddenly gained Stockholm syndrome. I was just keeping them distracted as my unlikely saviour slowly shuffled towards them. I moaned and gasped a little louder, trying my best to sound desirable while trying to cover up any sounds from the zombie moving up behind them. The older man sank to his knees between my legs, his thick shaft quivering with the anticipation he felt. He licked his dry lips, and I had to try and not shudder as he reached out and gripped my thigh tightly.

I gasped sharply. Blood squirted from the gaping wound in the older man's neck as the zombie ripped a huge chunk of muscle and flesh with its teeth. He screamed in agony and surprise, and the younger man looked up in panic, the shotgun discharging with a deafening roar but the shot was terrible, taking out the knees of both the undead and the man.

I scrambled out the way as they toppled forward, my feet kicking dirt. We could still hear the deathly screams of the bloody man, still alive, but after a bite like that he wouldn't be for long. The younger racked the slide of his shotgun and stepped over the squirming zombie. Boom -- he turned its head to mush.

He took a few steps back, his eyes on his father, grief obviously overcoming his senses. That pause cost him his prize. He snapped out of it and turned just as I was levelling my gun. He levelled his quickly, and breathing hard we stared at each other.

"Looks like we have a Mexican standoff, girl..." he panted, "Why don't you drop the gun and we can both get out of here before more of them turn up?"

******************************

The very centre of the clearing was more revealing, literally. A lady lay on the ground completely naked; her voluptuous body still looked inviting with her head turned away like it was. Her dark hair hid her face, but a cold feeling came over Zander. He procrastinated, looking at the other forms around her. At least one of them had been shot in the head, his tackle hanging limply out of his trousers.

Zander finally had to swallow his fear and he crept towards the shapely figure in the middle. He pushed the strands of hair from her face and gasped...

******************************

Everything was still, the silence broken only by our harsh breathing. The man before me narrowed his eyes, tightening his grip on his shotgun. A fire at this range wouldn't exactly be lethal with his weapon, but it'd be enough of an injury to make me easy prey. Alternatively, I could easily kill him from this distance... if I managed to hit him that is. Of course, the pair of us was all too aware that not too far away, the recently deceased father stirred. It released a soft moan of longing and agony, as it began its crawl towards us, dragging it's self across the dirt floor.

One flinch, even one cautious step could set this duel off like a firework, and the pair of us knew it. It was only a matter of time and luck. Or was it fate? The zombie could have crawled towards either of us, but maybe some kind of primal instinct drove it towards its son. The young man shook, the shotgun rattling in his hands, unsure of what to do. Then it was too late. A clammy cold hand closed round his ankle and he broke, swinging his gun around to bear on his attacker. Bang!

My pistol rocked in my hand as the bullet left the chamber, sinking into the soft gut of my would-be rapist. I grabbed up the rest of my things and ran for it, leaving him screaming, writhing in pain as his Father began to consume him. He'd rise again, and join his Father in the un-life of a zombie... if his Father didn't eat too much of him. He deserved worse.

I couldn't remember which direction the road was, let alone my car. So I resigned myself to the fact I'd be on foot, dressed myself, reloaded my gun and set off quietly through the forest. Every shadow seemed to move, reaching out through the trees to somehow claim me. Somewhere off to my right, I heard an ominous groan and I broke out into a run. Each footfall was a danger to my ankle but fear had overcome me and I couldn't help it.

I almost ran headlong into a roadside signpost. Panting hard, I tried to focus on the writing in the dim light and almost cheered. It read 'Welcome to High Point, North Access'.

******************************

Zander didn't recognise the woman, but her face was pretty messed up. These guys had done quite the number on her, the poor girl. Zander straightened and looked around. Beside one of the bodies was a brown material sack, filled with cans of food. Jackpot. After eating his fill, Zander hefted the sack over his shoulder and moved on, leaving the clearing behind him. He reached a road, and followed it for about an hour before he came across a sign stating "Welcome to High Point, South Access".

******************************

I arrived at a boarded up house in the middle of a sleepy residential street. The place looked undisturbed by the recent events, a private paradise. Of course every corner and shadow still remained dangerous. I couldn't let my guard down, but a tiny piece of me was filled with the excitement of seeing my family again.

I crept up the driveway and stood at the front door. It hadn't been reinforced, being quite a sturdy door in the first place. I was able to open my handbag and pull out my keys, slide them into the lock and slowly, open the door.

"Hello?" I called out in a hushed voice. Nothing moved. "Hello? It's me." There was no response. My hands trembled so much I couldn't even hold my gun properly. I closed the door behind me, plunging me into darkness until I flicked the light on. The hallway beyond was empty and, as I went from room to room, I discovered that the entire house was empty too.

My heart fell, I felt defeated and lonely. Still though, it was nice to be in familiar territory and it was pretty much safe. I wandered through to the kitchen to see what supplies I had and I spotted a piece of paper, pinned to the fridge by a magnet. My mother's scrawled handwriting covered the page and I smiled softly as I read it.

"Dear our little Angel,

If you're reading this then you've made it home safely, and we couldn't be more proud of you. We've had to take most of the food, but I left a couple of days' worth in a bag under the sink.

Your Father has been very good in defending this house but we have decided to group together with other people from his work at the station.

We're leaving soon. I have to admit I'm a little nervous.

You should come and join us as soon as you can.

We love you so much.

Mom"

I couldn't help the tear that rolled down my cheek. Another goal, and another short journey and then I'd be with them again.

My old room, the one I stayed in when I was visiting, had pretty much been left untouched. I walked around it with a fond expression before sitting on the bed. The mattress and duvet felt so good, it seemed like it'd been so long since I'd slept properly. I laid back and let out a sigh, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

******************************

I awoke with a gasp. It took me a few moments to take in my surroundings, and I let out a silent breath of relief. Outside, the sun was just rising, sending an orange glow about the sky. A light breeze blew through the trees on the deserted street. Something thudded downstairs and my eyes widened. Swearing under my breath, I grabbed my gun, feeling slightly reassured by its familiar grip.

The rest of the house was still dark, especially the downstairs where the windows were boarded up with thick blocks of wood. I crept out onto the landing and strained my ears. There! Another bang, coming from the hallway below me. I looked over the banister by the stairs but it was too dark. Well... would the zombie care if I turned the light on?

I gambled it, throwing the switch to illuminate the stairs. But nothing was there. I bolted down them, sliding to a stop at the bottom and aiming down the hallway. Empty too. The front door swung on its hinges, the wind knocking it against the frame. Bang. Had I really left that open? What a rookie mistake.

I quickly tiptoed over and closed the door, only for it to open again. The mechanism had jammed. How did I forget that this door sticks sometimes? I chuckle to myself as I give it the compulsory knock, unsticking it, and closing it with a sigh. I listened again, but there was no movement, no moaning of the undead. I was still safe, despite the door.

Exhausted, I decided to go back to bed. I definitely needed a few more hours sleep. So I turned and wandered back to the stairs.

"I couldn't get that door closed either." I admit it, I screamed. The fucker made me jump! I couldn't even get my gun to bear. My heart pounding in my chest, I slumped against the wall as I stared at him, standing there like the world was his. A cocky smile played across his lips as he stared back. "You'll need to fix that." He gestured to the door when I continued to give him a blank look.

"... Zander? Is that ... what are you doing here?" I asked him, stunned to the point where I couldn't actually move. He just laughed; the best sound I'd heard in months.

"I came to find you of course. It was just luck that I found you here." He stepped closer when he realised I wasn't moving. My senses filled with the hints of his deodorant, bringing back all the memories of that wonderful night we first met in person. Finally my legs seemed to regain their strength, and I crossed the gap, slipping into his open arms and embracing him.

Despite the years of talking to him online, it never compared to a simple hug. The realisation of finally not being alone sunk in and a small tear ran down my cheek, a happy tear. His arms felt so strong as they enclosed around me. I could have stood there for hours, but I was still tired. We parted slowly, and I smiled as I looked up at him.

"Let me sleep for a little longer, then you must tell me everything!"

******************************

We talked for literally hours, just cuddling together on the bed. He told me all the details of his journey across England, the ocean and across America. I told him about my own little trip, although I neglected to tell him about what kind of shop I stayed in, and where I was going to go next. He agreed it was a good idea, but although no-one mentioned it, we both seemed content to stay here awhile.

The food would last a few days plus enough for the trip to the station. I remember we were downstairs in the kitchen, sorting the food into rations for the two of us when Zander asked if I had any more food in my bag. I shrugged and he went off to check. It only then dawned on me what I actually in had in that bag of mine and my eyes went wide. I couldn't shout to him. We'd agreed to keep our voices to a whisper; just in case anything outside could hear us. So I bolted through the house, sliding to a stop outside the bedroom.

Zander was already pawing through my bag with a bemused expression. I could only stare dumbfounded as he pulled out a large purple fake cock and shook it at me, the head wobbling back and forth. He dropped it on the bed and began to pull out the others that I'd taken from my stay in the sex shop, the magic massager, the silicon vibrator, a tiny vibrating bullet and the sexy clothes.

He didn't say anything, just simply grinned like a child in a toy store. I started to make strangled noises, trying to get my voice to explain, but he raised a hand to stop me.

"I bet... you look amazing in these." He dangled the baby doll on the end of his finger, and my cheeks came up a rosy red. I gave him a cheeky wink, turning and leaving as he began to put it all back in the bag. Seems I'd eaten all the food in there anyway.

Lexavier
Lexavier
21 Followers