A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
deathlynx
deathlynx
297 Followers

Back at the stable, John gratefully began to fork hay into the now full stalls. The rest of the men were not quite finished with their tasks, so John took the free moment to sit just outside, on an empty keg, and catch his breath. A moment later, a large hand rested gently on his shoulder and a deep voice drifted softly to him. "I'm sorry about earlier. I saw David and panicked."

Still numb, John looked up at his friend. Embarrassment and shame clouded the big man's rugged features. John couldn't help but offer a friendly smile in return. "It's alright Eric. I probably would have done the same were I you."

Eric's simple grin always proved as deceptive as Laurel's innocence apparently was. The man was a veritable mountebank as he portrayed the dumb oaf, but John knew better. He was one of the few people, beyond the clergy and occasional nobles, that could actually read. John also knew that the big man spoke at least one other language. It often left him to wonder why Eric worked as he did.

"I'll make it up to you! Let's go get some pastries, and watch the women's bosoms heave in the heat of the kitchen." The sentiment and the wink left John wondering if the man had been a priest who could not manage his vows. "I'm sure Laurel will be about, and you know she's always got the tightest bodice, and she douses herself with water to keep off the heat." The casual reminder tightened John's heart.

John sighed as he followed his best friend. How had he never seen it? The thin, white, fabric clung to her flesh and turned near invisible. It was a wonder he hadn't been able to recognize the large areolae or the pert nipples. Upon further reflection, he'd seen them oft enough. He hurried forward and began to spin free his troubled thoughts. Eric walked in silence but simply listened. As the quick tale wound down, he spoke. "I see your dilemma. You must follow your heart. If you do not think you can look at her without the scene sullying your mind, then you must move on."

A meaty hand reached around to grab his far shoulder. Eric gave John a great shake that surprised a laugh out of him. "An now, if you've no use left for her, I find myself suddenly with a great number of uses. And she in dire need of my charms!" Eric winked, but John sensed the question behind the glance. With a lighter heart, he shoed his best friend off to slake his lust. The big man grinned and bolted for the storage barn.

John merely shook his head and turned his thoughts back to spies in their midst; a near certainty now that Prince Drest's emissary had arrived.

oCopywrite by Deathlynx

deathlynx
deathlynx
297 Followers
12