A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
deathlynx
deathlynx
297 Followers

An additional problem was the possibility of other means of escape. John knew nothing about magic, save that spoken of in fairy stories. How would they stop him if he could walk through walls like his namesake; the spectre?

A crowd crossed once more between John and his quarry. He slipped quickly around, his head down in apparent submission, but his eyes up and alert on the last place he had seen the pale horse. He broke past the clump and his shoulders sagged. Bagdemagus was gone.

John nodded in resignation, and marked the direction he thought the wizard had traveled. He even spent a short while down the path in hopes that he could confirm it somehow. But those weren't his skills. He had never learned to track prey. His talents, as with his fighting, lay within his dexterity and relative obscurity.

John would come back to the spot often and wait to see if the wizard returned through here. He would also, certainly, tell Cedric of the encounter. Unfortunately, the former cobbler's apprentice seemed to have little of John's skill at obfuscation. He would not do well to watch. But at least someone else would know that the wizard had some form of business out beyond the village and castle. In the end, that was all he could do.

For now.

Copyright by Deathlynx

deathlynx
deathlynx
297 Followers
12