A Rude Awakening

Story Info
What is the meaning of these dreams?
3.5k words
3.4
18.7k
2
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I awoke out of a deep sleep screaming, My husband woke up grabbing my shoulders, I tried fighting him off until he got me to realize it was him that was trying to hold me and that I had been dreaming. I sat there in the middle of the bed my nightie clinging to my sweaty body, still shaking from the fear I had felt in my dream. I sat there thinking as I heard my husband return to his sleep. What had caused me to dream something like this anyway? Nothing even remotely like this had ever happened to me, yet it was me in the dream.

I'm a thirty four year old house wife, nothing fancy, just a typical five-foot five inch tall 34b 25w 35h, brown haired house wife, named Sally Bergman married to Paul Bergman. He's thirty seven years old, five eight tall, a plain guy who works hard to make us a good home. We live in a nice neighborhood nothing fancy just a nice place to live,and the people are all friendly. The neighbor s across the street from us are our best friends. John travels a lot with his job, when he's gone, Barbra spends a lot of time visiting with me. Their both in their mid forties, John is around six foot tall and I'd guess him to weigh around a hundred and eighty pounds. Barbra is around five nine and quite slim, with long wavy reddish brown hair.

I laid back down unable to go back to sleep. The dream had been so real I was unable to get it out of my mind. As I laid there in the dark, the dream started coming back to me. I was sitting in a bar watching people dance while sipping on a drink. There were to two burly looking guys trying to talk a woman into going along with them. She was pretty drunk and she made it pretty plain to them she wasn't ready to leave the bar just yet. They bought her another drink and kept after her until she finished her drink and slid off the stool. They started towards the door and she was having a hard time standing let alone walking, but with one guy on each side of her they finally made it out the door. I decided I'd had enough to drink for one night and followed them, curious to see what was going to happen once they got her outside.

They were between the cars out away from the bar. She was struggling with them, trying to keep them from getting her into a car. Suddenly they started cursing and hitting her. One of the men had her by the hair holding her, while the other hit her everywhere, he pummeled her face until it was a bloody pulp, then hit her several times in the stomach and breasts. Hitting her until she stopped screaming. She kept looking over to me for help. I tried to go to her or call out for help, but I was unable move or utter a sound. They finally let go of her and she fell to the ground. Now that she was on the ground both men started kicking her until she laid there looking over at me with unseeing eyes. She had been beaten and battered until she laid there in a twisted heap, not moving at all. I knew they had beaten her to death, and I had watched it happen. That's when I woke up screaming. It had been a dream, but a very real dream.

It was around three weeks or so later that I awoke out of another dream screaming. This time I was in a small fishing boat with another couple, I don't know why they invited me along. We cruised around the lake and neither of them said one word to me,it was as though I wasn't even there. They had been riding around the lake until they had gotten to the far end where it was very remote. The man said I'm going to go ahshore I have to pee. When they made to shore both him and her got out of the boat, but for some reason I didn't have to go, so I stayed in the boat.

They soon came back, got into the boat and we were soon underway again. As soon as we were going again he asked for a beer, she said, "don't you think you've had enough?"

He shouted back at her, "I'll fucking tell you when I've had enough you dumb bitch, now give me a fucking beer."

She looked at him suddenly frightened. "Take me back to the car I want to go home." He started laughing and rocking the boat from side to side, she screamed, "stop, please stop, you know I'm afraid of water, I can't swim and your scaring me."

We were maybe a hundred yards from shore when he grabbed her arm and started pulling her off the seat, she was screaming for him to stop. I sat there watching,unable to move. As he got her on her feet, he let go. She had been pulling away from him so hard that when he suddenly let go of her arm, she fell over backwards out of the boat. She was screaming for him to save her. Then it was as though she saw me for the first time. She looked at me holding out her hand saying, "please help me" I sat there unable to move, watching as she slipped under the water. I looked over at her husband to see why he wasn't trying to save her, he was gone. I was alone. I woke up screaming. Again my husband took me in his arms and held me while I wept. Why was I having these dreams?"

As he held me he said, "I think you should see someone, tell them what's going on and see what they think is causing these dreams."

I found a therapist who could get me right in. She talked to me about the dreams then asked if I would be comfortable with her bringing in someone who specializes in dreams. I told her I didn't care who she brought in if she thought they could help me get rid of them. I met with both of them four times before he asked how I felt about hypnotism. I said I had never really given it much thought.

He said, "would you be willing to give it a try?"

I thought about it for awhile then said, "Yes, I guess I could try it, as long as you can bring me back."

"Sally, contrary to what most people believe, hypnotism isn't really like what you hear about when it's used for show purposes. There is really nothing to fear but it's entirely up to you."

"Okay then, I'm ready to try almost anything to get rid of the dreams." I just slowly drifted away almost like in my dreams. I started seeing bits a pieces of scenes from the dreams and that's about all I remember. I have no idea how long I had been out. When I woke up I was wet from sweating, my hair was sticking to my forehead, I looked at the two therapists and asked, "Well, how did I do?"

They looked at each other then Dr Bannock said "You did very well Sally, very well indeed. But before we try to figure out the answer to your dreams, I think we should do more studies, how do you feel about that Sally?"

"I ah ya, I guess so, whatever you think we need to do."

"Good we'll see you back in here on Friday, a week from today."

That night I awoke again having a night mare, it had only been three weeks since the last one but it was just as bad.

I was riding in the back seat of a car, there was a man and woman in the front seat. They had stopped and picked me up after my car had broke down on the highway. They were both very quiet when I first got in, but before long they were in a heated argument. He was accusing her of cheating on him. She was crying, begging him to listen to her, that she had never cheated on him. It was a cruel lie by one of her co workers to cause trouble between her and her husband, thinking if he could cause trouble, she would end up with him.

She was begging her husband not to believe all the things he had heard. He suddenly pulled the car over to the side of the highway and stopped. Leaning over her he opened the door and shoved her out of the car screaming."Your a lying cheating whore, get the fuck out."

As she landed on her back she looked up at me as I sat looking out the back door window. I heard her say, "please help me. Please." I looked at her out the window and felt tears starting down my cheeks. I knew what was going to happen and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Slamming the door he turned the car around and headed in the direction we had just came from. About a half mile down the road he slowed down, turned around and started back the other way. Even as dark as it was, he turned off the headlights as the the car started picking up speed. Just as I saw her figure loom out of the darkness standing alongside the rode, he switched the lights back on. she threw up her arms to protect herself. Her eyes met mine with the most terrifying look I had ever seen as the car struck her hurling her into the ditch. As we roared off down the road he said, "you cheating bitch."

Once again my husband went to put his arms around me but this time I screamed at him to leave me alone. Jumping out of bed I went crying out of control into the bathroom. He came and tried the door but I had locked it, he said, "Honey are you all right? please let me in, talk to me please."

I sat quietly in the darkness letting the tears run down my cheeks. I though noe knew what the dreams meant. I also knew if I were to tell anyone. they may have me committed to some psycho hospital. I knew I would have to learn to live with what I knew. I sat there wondering why it had happened to me. How were those people able to tap into my dreams. I suddenly realized all of the things I had seen in my dreams so far had been were murders. If the wrong person were to here about my dreams and what I had seen, they may come looking for me. This I rationalized, was another good reason to not say anything to anyone.

My husband stayed outside the bathroom door pleading with me to come out. When I finally did come out he attempted to put his arms around me, but I shrugged him off saying, "please Paul not now."

He stood there watching me walk down the hall toward the kitchen, when he saw me pull out a chair and sit down he came to the kitchen. As he went to sit he said, "are you ready to talk now?"

I sat there not looking at him, then said, "you better go back to bed, you have to get up early, I'll be okay, I just want to be alone for awhile."

He stood up putting his hand on mine, "Are you sure you'll be okay Sally?"

I mustered up the best smile I could, "Yes Paul I'll be okay, I just need to be alone for awhile." Paul went back to bed leaving me alone with my thoughts. I didn't want to tell him the reason I didn't want to go back to bed was I didn't want to go to sleep again. I thought if I didn't go back to sleep it wouldn't happen again.

As soon as Paul left for work that morning, I went outside to work in the yard. I had to do something, anything to stay awake. I had worked out in the yard until around eleven when Barbra my friend from across the street came out and stood by her car asking me what I was doing outside in this heat. I said, "Hi Barb. What are you up to?"

"I have an appointment to take the car in to see why its been acting up."

"Barb, did you want me to come and pick you up so you don't have to sit and wait?"

"No thanks Sally, after I explained to them what it was doing they said they were pretty sure it wouldn't take very long to fix, but thanks anyway."

"Well take care, maybe I'll see you later when you get back."

"You take care yourself Sally, you better get out of the sun."

I watched Barbra get in her car and back out onto street. As she started driving away she was waving through the window. I waved back thinking why doesn't she roll the windows down, at least until the air conditioner kicks in and pushes the hot air out.

I stood watching her drive away thinking. I wonder what she would think if I told her about my dreams and what I thought were causing them, would she think I was losing my marbles?" I didn't know how long I could keep this to myself. I also realized I couldn't stay awake forever.

I started walking to the garage to put my yard tools away as it was getting very hot, when I suddenly felt feint. I stopped to clear my head then went into the cool house. Once inside I began feeling very weak, damn I was close to having a heat stroke. I ran some cold water over a dish towel and placed it on my forehead as I laid down on the sofa.

I have no idea how long I laid there before I fell asleep, I saw Barbra backing her car onto the street. I saw her smiling as she waved at me as she drove off. Suddenly I saw her inside her car, her face almost against the window. She was beating the window with her fists trying to get out, her face twisted in terror as she screamed for me to help her.

Suddenly I heard the scream of the six o clock commuter train and I knew where she was, and what was about to happen. I saw myself holding up my arms trying to stop the train. I woke up screaming. My god my god, no, please no. In the next instant I saw the car literally explode as it was hit by the train traveling at 60 or 70 miles an hour, her eyes were looking at me, pleading with me to help her until the train hit her car, tearing it to shreds.

I was still in shock and unable to attend services for my best friend. Every night I saw her looking out the car window beating on it with her fists. I saw the terror on her face as she was fighting, trying to get out of the car. And every night I wept because I was unable to help her.

By this time they had me so full of drugs I could hardly talk let alone do anything. I sat most of the time, dreading the thought that soon it would be time to go to bed again. I now lived in constant fear of the dreams. I had been staying up as late as I could, hoping I could sleep sound enough the dreams couldn't wake me.

It had taken almost a month, before I was able to start doing most of the things that needed to be done around the house. It still bothered me to go outside. When I did have to go I never failed to see Barbra backing out smiling at me as she waved goodbye. I had Paul set the garbage at the curb so I wouldn't have to go outside that day.

It was on Tuesday when Paul said he was going to have to be gone out of town for two days, and asked if I would be okay here by myself. I was suddenly struck with fear but I said, "yes I'm sure I'll be fine, you go ahead and go."

Paul said, "Are you sure? If you don't think you can handle it I'll ask if there 's someone else they can send."

I knew it would only be a matter of time before he would be sent out of town again and I knew I would have to stay alone so, it might as well be now. "No you go Paul, I'll be fine, I have my medicine and as long as I take it I don't have the dreams.

I was very apprehensive about going to bed the night Paul left. I stayed up until after midnight watching television. I finally shut it off and went to bed. I was awakened suddenly by someone dressed in black, with a black mask covering their face. Before I could say anything they pushed me backwards onto the bed. I laid there looking up thinking. Why am I looking into this face? Why not the victim's face like all the other times. Where was the victim? I couldn't see her like I had in all of the other dreams, or was this person the victim? was something going to happen to them?

I laid there looking up, knowing whoever this was in my bedroom was going to be dead in a very short time just like all the rest. After my best friend Barbra was killed I got on the computer looking up old news papers in the surrounding area to see if anyone resembling the people or the way they had been killed in my dreams had been killed and found that every one of the victims was real, and all of them had died exactly like they had in my dreams.

As I laid there now I heard the distant wail of a siren and knew the police were on there way. I closed my eyes waiting. The next thing I saw was myself lying naked in a hospital room. What kind of a hospital would just leave me lying here stark naked, and damn it was chilly. I saw two doctors come in dressed in green scrubs along with two other men dressed in street clothes.

What the hell is going on? For Christ sakes can't they even cover me up before bringing people in to talk to me? The four men walked right up to the table I was lying on, damn it was hard, and cold. I wondered when I would be moved to a regular room.

They stood there talking to one another when one of the guys in street clothes said. "It's a damn shame, but we'll catch the son of a bitch sooner or later. He'll fuck up and when he does, I want to be there. The dirty bastard isn't satisfied to just stick them he has to almost take their hearts out. I just hope he gives me a reason to blow his shit away when we catch him and we will."

One of the doctors then asked if they needed anything else, they both shook there head saying. "No just give us the results as soon as you can." Results! results from what? just cover me and get me to a room. After the two men had left, the two doctors wheeled the table over to a wall covered with small doors, they opened one of the doors and one of them said, "In you go honey, we'll be back tomorrow after your husband takes a look." What did they mean after my husband takes a look, Paul will get me out of here, that's what Paul will do. They started pushing me into the small door. I started yelling. No No, please don't put me in there, I'm already cold and it's cold in there, very cold. Why weren't they paying any attention to me?" Just leave me out here. Oh no please. No, Don't Close The Door. Slam.

The End

I would like to thank all of the readers who enjoy reading my stories for reading what I guess is a paranormal story. I hope you readers out there that enjoy reading this type story will let me know what you think. This is my first attempt at writing anything like this. So please bare with me. Again, Thank You. crisscross