A Sailor's Yarn

Story Info
Old salt relates justice meted to his girl.
5.1k words
4.27
62.6k
8
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Spengler
Spengler
14 Followers

The tale was told to me by an old man in a pub in Liverpool. I do not know if it is true, but it was well worth the price of a pint for the telling.

He told me that he had been a merchant seaman and had sailed the world around. Between voyages he had been content to be a vagabond, wandering the continents in search of lustful adventures. He confessed that women and ale had always been his weaknesses. I saw by his lined and wizened visage that at least the latter was true.

He related that once he explored deep into Australia where the customs and language of Englishmen were most unusual. He stopped in a remote village for a pint and was served by a winsome wench of generous form and thick black tresses. She was a cheeky girl who deviled the patrons with her wit and impertinence. Her name was Auna.

He was quite taken by her charms, and she was smitten by him, as he was quite handsome in his youth. They engaged in a tryst and he lingered in the village. One night after a round of lustful rutting they lay abed in the girl's crude quarters and she became pouty. He inquired as to the reason for her change of demeanor.

She said that she was poor and sometimes resorted to asking a price for the favors she bestowed so freely upon him. The sailor said that he had suspected such and assured her that he did not find such commerce offensive. She was appreciative of his understanding, but her dilemma was that the constable had caught her in liaison with a patron behind the pub. Because such behavior was unlawful, she was to pay a penalty the following day.

The sailor was enamored by the girl and offered to await her return from confinement or perhaps contribute what little he could toward her fine.

"Alas, I wish confinement or a fine were the penance!. I would gladly pay!" Auna replied.

Then she told him that the village had a peculiar way of punishing miscreants and enhancing its coffers. She said that on assigned days, the women accused of misdemeanors were summoned to the town square. Their offenses might range from whoring to adultery to indebtedness. They were required to bend themselves over so that their skirts could be lifted and their drawers pinned open. Villagers could pay the constable to cane the offenders upon their bared behinds. Their arses were made available for such use for a half an hour.

The sailor was astonished by the primitive method of atonement and asked if she had ever been punished thusly. She said that she had not, but she had witnessed others bear the penalty and that the lashes, shrieks and tears were dreadful.

He asked if the prospect of such abuse distressed her greatly. She replied that while she abhorred the abasement and mistreatment that was soon to be her lot, she would bear it bravely and vowed not to show the villagers her tears.

Later, as he laid in his own bed, he thought of what the morning would bring. The image of the lass bent and exposed both saddened and aroused him, and he spent a fitful night.

He arose early and loitered about the square as the villagers assembled. They were in high spirits, as if gathering for a festival rather than a prosecution of justice. Some brought baskets and broke fast on bread and meats as they waited for the execution to commence. At last the old constable appeared leading three women. He was accompanied by a young lad who carried a wooden box, a large glass bowl, and a bundle of young limbs tossed over his shoulder.

The first woman was a solid but handsome villager. Her face was grim and her eyes smoldered with indignation as the townspeople hailed the little parade cheers and whistles.

The second was a slender girl with comely features who appeared to be no more than eighteen. She had honey-colored hair and child-like blue eyes that were wide with trepidation.

Auna was last. She walked with her head held high in an impertinent manner and ignored the whistles and cat-calls that greeted her arrival.

The constable bade the women to stand before a long, sturdy table. He produced a document from his coat and read a litany of crimes.

The village woman was guilty of indebtedness. Her husband was a known lout and drunkard who did not pay his arrears and ought to be jailed. But as his incarceration would stop his wages, his wife had come forth to pay the penalty. The woman bent her head in disgrace as the charge was delivered.

The comely girl was guilty of adultery. She had breeched the contract of marriage arranged by the families in order to seek comfort in the arms of a lover. The lass blinked her lovely blue eyes and seemed bewildered by the circumstances befalling her.

Auna was guilty of prostitution. She shook her long thick hair back contemptuously as the charge was read and raised a middle finger to the hoots that followed its pronouncement.

The constable ordered the women to turn and face the table. Then he knelt at the feet of the village woman and produced a length of rope from the box his young assistant held. He instructed her to spread her feet slightly and then deftly wrapped the rope about her sturdy ankles and secured them tightly to a cross beam that ran the length of the table near the ground. He repeated the procedure with the young bride and Auna.

He commanded that the women bend themselves across the table and reach their hands straight forward. Their obedience to the order stirred mirthful murmurs among the crowd to whom they presented their backsides. The constable moved to the opposite side of the table, retrieved longer pieces of rope, and wrapped the wrists of the village woman tightly. He secured the end to the crossbar on that side. Again, he repeated the procedure on the young bride and Auna. When he concluded, the women were bent taut and tied tight, capable only of moving their heads.

The constable turned his attention once more to the village woman. He lifted her skirt and petticoats, rolling them up into neat folds. As the woman's stockinged legs came into view, the murmurs of the crowd drew louder and were interspersed with whistles, cat-calls and hoots. The constable was compelled to admonish the onlookers to silence lest their some of them share the women's fate.

Then he continued, bringing into view the woman's plump derrière covered by cotton drawers. He tucked the folds of the skirts beneath the her waist. A tear rolled down her broad cheek as the humiliation was administered..

He moved to the young bride where the raising of the skirt revealed the shapely and slender legs of youth. The girl turned her head from side to side, mouth agape and eyes wide as those of a frightened fawn.

Lastly, he raised Auna's skirt and the sailor again viewed the voluptuous calves and thighs and the red garters he had so enjoyed removing. Auna did not object, but her eyes shone with an impudent glare.

The constable fetched a handful of pins from the box and clenched them in his lips as he returned to the village woman. He knelt at her behind and, much as a tailor plying his trade, opened her drawers and pinned them back. The exposure of her bare bottom elicited applause, hoots and laughter from the crowd, and prompted the constable to cast a menacing scowl.

The woman sobbed aloud.

The sailor saw that her bared quarter was large and robust with a deeply shadowed valley. The thighs that descended from it were sturdy but shapely, and her plump, darkly-haired womanhood with its generous cleft gave testament to the bearing of many children.

A group of young boys gathered as closely behind the vision as the constable would allow and stared and pointed at the mysterious and revered object of schoolyard gossip - which few of them had actually witnessed before. They whispered and giggled and the woman's face reddened. Her tears flowed. The sailor felt sorry that she must endure the humiliation that was rightfully that of her besotted husband.

The onlookers gathered behind the bride as the constable opened her drawers, for they were most eager to witness her charms. She gasped as the cool morning air touched her skin. The sailor swore that in all his years of adventure he had not seen a more splendid bottom. It was small and taut, but the cheeks were most perfectly formed and emerged from the drawers as golden pears ripened to the point of bursting. Her tiny sex was mossed with a golden down and peeked demurely from between the slender alabaster columns of her thighs. The girl protested, but the constable ignored her entreaties as he went about his task.

Auna did not protest when the time came for her baring. She bore the exposure stoically. The sailor recognized many of the men gathered round her as patrons of the pub. They whistled and laughed as Auna's naked bottom came into view.

"Much as I remember it," one of them said, "but the cunt's grown larger from regular use."

His taunt drew laughter.

"If it's stretched, it's not of your doing, Charley," Auna shot back. Her retort brought greater laughter.

"She wouldn't let me have it for a shilling," said another patron. "Now I shall have at it for a tuppence!"

"A waste of good money when your lambs require nothing more than a kind word, Trevor," Auna replied.

The man's face reddened as his comrades laughed at the barb.

The sailor examined Auna's offering. The bottom was neither large nor small, but well-formed and firm. He had liked its rubbery weight in his hands. Her womanhood did not display as prominently as the village woman's, but the haired mound was easily viewed and the vermillion lips were vulnerable to the eyes of the villagers. The thought of Auna's cunt and the remembrance of her moist womanhood grasping his shaft aroused a cockstand that pressed against his trousers.

With the stripping of the women done, the constable took the large glass bowl and the limbs from his aide. The limbs were young and willowy and had all been cut to precisely equal lengths. They were shaved of their knots, twigs, and bark and appeared to have been steeped in an oily substance that left them shining.

The men and boys in the crowd formed into a queue and coins clattered into the glass bowl as the villagers prepared to administer their justice.

The first to take cane in hand was a hardy farm lad of perhaps seventeen years. His companions urged him to his task with merry shouts. He went straight away to the village woman and positioned the cane upon her bottom. He made several preparatory strokes much as a Scotsman does when addressing his golfing ball. The woman gasped at the touch of the rod and clinched her nether-cheeks.

"Be about it, Willy!" one of his chums exhorted. "Even you shan't miss an arse that big!"

The youths laughed and the boy drew back the cane and delivered his blow. It landed with a fleshy smack that caused the globes to quiver and drew a bright red welt. The woman yelped and the lads applauded.

"Ahh! Mercy! I cannot bear such - " she cried, and wriggled her bum in a vain attempt to assuage the sting.

Her protestation was cut short as the lad administered a second cut below the first. The woman howled and the youths cheered their comrade's art. The lad stooped to examine the results of his labor upon the squirming derrière, then made a deep bow to his companions and tossed the limb to the next administrator.

The young bride watched the performance with mouth agape. So entranced was she by the misfortune of her neighbor that she did not notice a hulking man who took position behind her own derrière. She did not hear the whistle of his cane. Only when the cut landed did she become aware that her own atonement had begun.

"Aaayyeeee!"

The girl shrieked and her body jerked against the cords as the stripe was laid. Her lovely face became reddened and contorted. More blows followed the first hard and quick.

Thwick! Thwick! Thwick!

The hiss of the cane was nearly sharp as its bite. Weals rose at once on the girl's quavering spheres.

"Aaayyeee! No! No more! Please, I beg!"

She broke into sobs as the fellow handed his task over to another young man who appeared equally severe.

The sailor saw that each luckless woman had drawn a cadre of attendants. The youth gravitated to the village woman. The bride drew a coterie of ruffians who had as their captain a most grave and baneful brute whom the sailor took to be the cuckolded husband.

The pub patrons, smelling of morning beer, gathered about Auna to administer her lot.

"Ah, 'tis a fine sight to be greeted with in the morning, lads," one grizzled drunkard mused as he beheld the barmaid's bared rump.

"A shame that we cannot take a poke as well as a stroke," he said.

"I suppose you'll take your strokes in the privy when this is done, Billy," Auna retorted. The men laughed.

A shrill scream pierced the air as a husky youth placed a stinging trim in the juncture of the village woman's thighs and buttocks.

"Ahhee! I can bear no more!" she shrieked.

"Hear that, Auna?" the drunkard asked. "You'll bellow your prayers even louder soon."

"Perhaps so, Billy. Perhaps when you have finished your trifling play a true man will lay the whip into me!"

The drunk flushed at the girl's insolence and he tapped the cane upon her bottom.

"You'll feel it right here, wench, and it's well-deserved!"

He drew and delivered. Auna's bottom jounced and her body recoiled but she did not cry out. A straight pink line appeared on the stricken flesh and the sailor watched it deepen to vermilion.

"Begin anytime, Billy," Auna taunted with barely a quaver in her voice. "Others are waiting their turn at me."

Her brass infuriated the man.

"A shilling! I need a shilling! The cheeky harlot needs a lesson! I'll repay on Monday!"

A taller man laughed, took the cane from the drunkard and gently pushed him aside.

"She felt it, Billy. She's not letting on. I've bought three, I'll give her a tap for you."

The man took his position.

"Top of the mornin', Auna," he said.

"Mornin' to you, Chauncey. I must be a special girl if yer buyin' three. You'll have to lay off a pint or two tonight."

"A fair trade for the hiding of my favorite lass. Besides, with you a-bed on your tummy, I shan't want to tarry long tonight anyway,"

"Ah, it'll take more than a switching to keep me from my wages, lad. I'll be at my tables."

The patron drew back the cane and delivered a fierce strike dead center that resounded with a keen smack. Auna gasped and grunted and her body lurched with the blow.

"Feel that one, lass?"

"Aye, Chauncey, that was a worthy lash!"

He executed another lick equally as cruel, but below the first. Auna's bottom-cheeks quivered at the blow and she clenched her fists until her nails dug into the skin - but she did not cry out.

The third blow came lower and harder and Auna gasped and tears sprang to her eyes. She bit into her lip to avert the scream.

"Yer a hard case, Auna," Chauncey laughed and handed the cane to another.

Then arose such a noise that all heads turned.

Thwick! "Aayee!" Thwick! "Aayeee!"

A large lad was delivering blows with a steady, brutal cadence to the wretched bride. She writhed and flopped about in a way that reminded the sailor of a flounder brought about on a deck.

"He must have bought a pound's worth!" one of the pub patron's muttered.

Thwick! "Aaayee!" Thwick! "Ahhhh!" Thwick! "Nooo!"

From the corner of his eye the sailor glimpsed a slim young man sitting upon the ground away from the crowd. The youth winced at each sound of the strike and tears streamed down his face. The sailor knew he must be the lover for whom the girl bore the penance.

At last the thrashing stopped and the girl lay heaving and moaning. Her struggle against the blows had been so desperate that one ankle had broken the bonds of the cord. The constable had to tie her anew before the punishment could resume.

The glass bowl filled with coins and the chastisements continued as the sun rose. One lad attending the village woman saw that her womanhood had become swollen and slimed by her juices. He poked at it gleefully until the constable bade him stop and be about his whipping. Indeed the sailor saw that all the quims were engorged and sodden. The naked bottoms had become masses of hues: reds and blues, purples and vermilions.

He stood in Auna's view and watched her body shudder as the blows fell upon her. She looked at him through misted eyes. Mucus ran from her nose and her mouth was open and lax - but she did not cry out. He felt great compassion for her, but he also felt an insistent throb in his hardened cock.

The morning became a cacophony: the moans and cries of the women, the laughter and jeers of the men, the clink of coins into the bowl, and above all, the sound of wood meeting flesh. The tormented bodies undulated in rhythm with the lashes that punished them.

At last the cuckolded husband took his place behind his bride. He flailed the cane upon her as if to flay away the very flesh. He struck without design, letting the stripes fall where they might. The girl's stockings were rent as the rod blistered her plump calves.

The husband spewed vitriol as he lashed, calling the girl the vilest of names. The chastisement would have continued unabated for the hooligan had filled the bowl to brimming - but he was stopped by a firm hand as he drew back for a ferocious blow.

He turned in rage, but his jaw dropped at the presence he beheld.

The sailor described the interloper as the largest man he had seen on any continent of the globe, a huge man, standing a head taller than any other in the crowd. He wore the garb of a hunter from the outback, with sturdy boots, tanned leather breeches and a vest made from the hide of some exotic marsupial. A soiled, wide-brimmed hat shadowed his face but for the glow of dark eyes, a grin of enormous teeth, and moustaches that drooped below his chin.

"It's me turn, mate," the hunter said in a voice as intimidating as his size. The husband backed away.

The hunter paced back and forth examining the naked and wounded bottoms. A revolver and knife dangled in scabbards at his belt and a bullwhip coiled like a snake on a loop there.

"So we're having a whipping, eh, mates? It's been a time since I've done a good whipping!"

The women emerged from their mists of misery and craned their necks to see the new menace.

"This must be a play-party whipping, mates! You've brought toys," he laughed as he gestured at the canes.

He patted the whip on his hip.

"Now this 'ere's what ya need, mates. Take the hide off a croc, it will! Lovely to think what it'd likely do to these fine arses."

"Nooo! Nooo!" the bride began crooning.

The hunter took the whip from its hoop and lolled out its length for all to see. The crowd was silent. He flicked his wrist and the whip rose like an adder. He whisked it through the air with extraordinary force, creating a devilish hiss that made even men in the crowd recoil. The women's eyes grew wide and bright and their bared bottoms instinctively flinched.

The hunter flailed his whip through the morning air and laughed . He paced as he flayed the firmament, his vicious cuts whisking just inches from orbs of sacrifice. The women struggled at their bonds and their bare bums squirmed upon the altar of their atonement. The strokes grew harder and faster until the vile hisses of the whip sounded like the rising of the hornets of hell.

"Who shall be first?" he queried. "Who will be the first to taste the real lash?"

The whip whirred and snapped so viciously that the men backed away lest they catch its sting.

When the blow fell at last, it was violent and fast. So quick and hard it came that the sailor had blinked and did not see it fall. He heard what seemed to be two rapid cracks of a pistol, then arose such a sound as he had never heard before or since. It was neither a scream nor a shriek, but what he could only liken to the howl of a banshee - high, piercing and agonized beyond description. Startled birds fluttered from the treetops. The short hairs on the sailor's neck rose and he pushed through the crowd to see.

Spengler
Spengler
14 Followers
12