A Season of Giving

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm swift in my preparations and as such end up pacing the living room as the champagne chills. Nervous, excited and frightened. I haven't suggested any of what I'm about to do to either of my ladies and can only hope I'm going in the right direction and not too fast.

I haven't quite run out of courage when the girls descend the stairs. They've dressed elegantly in gowns, jewellery and make-up. I can only gasp as the most beautiful women I could imagine step into the room with me. "You take my breath away!"

Their smiles say they've achieved what they wanted. "We would like you to go first. It has been complicated to wrap your presents and we would like to wait a few minutes before unwrapping them."

Puzzled, because I don't see them carrying anything I accept. "First a toast." I pour with shaking hands and pass each of them a glass. "To us, to tomorrow and as many after that as we can manage."

"Hear, Hear!" Is their response. Taking a sip, they ask in unison. "What did you get us?" Their eyes sparkle like little kids Christmas morning.

With trepidation and a hopeful smile on my face, I produce 4 boxes and pass the longest to the girls. "These are interchangeable, so it doesn't matter which is which." I'm babbling, I'm that nervous. Only the sound of tearing paper is heard, until blue satin boxes appear. The gasps are audible as they each open their box. Stepping behind them I must ask. "May I?"

"Certainly!" Amy is not shy. First I open the fastener of the necklace she is wearing. Placing it in the box as I retrieve the new one to place it. Moving behind Karen, I must stretch up to offer the same service.

"They're beautiful!" I've seen Karen wear jewellery before but nothing like this.

"I think you two make them look beautiful!" Of course, I'm proud. Wouldn't you be?

"Okay, now your definitely going to have to wait to unwrap your gifts. But you had some more there, are they for us too?" If their skirts weren't floor length I'm sure I'd see their feet dancing.

Now my heart is pounding. All the signs I've been given say this is right, but until I take the next step I can't be certain. Holding my breath, I give each of my special ladies a small gold wrapped box, tied in satin and named for them.

They sense my nerves and gently undo the ribbons and unfold the paper to reveal another smaller blue satin box. With a quick glance at me, they open their gifts and squeal like young girls. I can breathe! "I've had each of our birthstones mounted in each of our rings. I have one like those as well. I intend to wear mine as a wedding band, always. If and how you wear yours is up to you. If we're going to meet the families, I would like to make this formal."

Karen has already taken hers and tried it on. I cheated when I took a ring of hers to get the size right.

Amy is looking at her hand. Waiting, I see my world coming together. She asks me, "Is this alright?" as she slips the rings I put on her finger six years ago and replaces them with the new one.

"I don't think I've been this nervous since I proposed to you the first time and I think I'm as happy now as I was then. So, that's what I got you." The temperature in the room rises as I'm enveloped in warm womanly hugs. Kisses are light and careful, make-up you know. "When do I get to unwrap my gifts?"

Amy hesitates. "In awhile, you see we've been talking. You like Karen being here, I like Karen being here."

She's pleading when Karen steps in. "I like you both a lot and I don't want us to stop doing things together."

"So that's why you two are gift wrapped in those gowns." My heart is pounding and I'm smiling like a Cheshire cat. They are both nodding. "I guess under the circumstances, I can wait to unwrap you for awhile. How are your parents going to react?"

Amy smiles at this. "We're French, this won't even cause a ripple. I know they'll love Karen to bits, just like we do." I liked the way she said 'we do'.

Karen is a bit wistful. "I think they'll come around, once they get to know you and see how happy I am. They're not French and this will definitely cause ripples. But they want to see me happy and this makes me happy."

"Do you want a ceremony? Like a wedding, even if it's only binding in our eyes?" I do want Karen to feel equal in this.

Amy's eyes are on Karen as she responds, "I've never dreamt of a wedding for myself. But a celebration would be in order."

Amy still nodding, "two celebrations! One with your family here and one in France with mine."

"Three, I think. We have to include our friends here, they've been understanding and supportive. I wonder if anyone is available tonight?" Two cell phones and a landline are put use. Shortly almost everyone from our earlier anniversary party is on their way. Another call and a couple bottles of bubbly should arrive about the time they do.

I'm looking forward celebrating our new status with everyone. I'm also really looking forward to unwrapping my Christmas gifts!

Christmas, New Years and France in the spring. Well, that's a Whole 'Nother Story.

12
  • COMMENTS
3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The writing style was a real challenge, but it takes way more proof reading and editing to work for the general reader.

Unless I'm just a dumb shit reader, which means your writing style is wasted on me. I think I understand your goal, but it was too jumpy, too nuanced, and actually not that compelling or interesting. I mean, who was Karen? How long had this polyamory been developing? Did they just decide to enter a polygamous relationship in the past few weeks? It all seemed disjointed, emotional but illogical, and confusing. Its also a bit stereotypical. The mores and culture of Paris are not the mores and culture of France, anymore than the culture of San Francisco reflects that of the remaining United States. So simply having French parents presumes nothing about how they will react to their daughter sharing their son-in-law with a second wife. Sorry to ruin the romance, but issues of inheritance, marital loyalty and responsibilities, status of grandchildren and grandparents are a reality.

So again, very ambitious but difficult for me to understand or embrace. Sounds like three people who have ambivalent sexuality and marital goals. Which might be real, just puzzling. Why would anyone want that? Your story presumes a great deal, about both your characters and your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Boring 1* story!

This story was boring and hard to read. Please learn to write before you post another story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just stupid

This was not a good way to use present tense. Poorly conceived and very hard to read.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

The Party Wife thinks husband had an affair and reacts.in Loving Wives
Good Neighbours Getting even with the wife cheating too close to home.in Loving Wives
Raine, on her Parade A cheating ex-wife out to betray him once more. Although.in Loving Wives
I Want a Divorce She didn't get what she wanted.in Loving Wives
Suffocating Sandra Ch. 01 A wife flirts, strays and pays.in Loving Wives
More Stories