A Second Chance to Make It Right

Story Info
The story of a old man's second chance at life.
25k words
4.78
30.1k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

An old man dying in the hospital, regrets the choices that he's made in his life and how those choices affected those around him. He prays to God for a chance to make everything right.

This is the story of that second chance at life.

Prologue

Jack Wilson lay in a bed in the intensive care unit of the local hospital. He was only fifty-eight years old, but he was old before his time. An unhealthy life style had damaged his heart beyond repair. Now his whole body was beginning to shut down. He was alone; had no visitors, no one would care if he died, there would be no mourners at his funeral. His only living relative, his sister, wanted nothing to do with him. If the truth be told, she was just as screwed up as he was.

"God, I'm sorry; I made a mess out of my life. I know we've hardly ever spoken before, please, I don't want to die like this. Please give me another chance; let me start over, I'll get it right this time. Please!"

"Hmmm, that's an interesting idea. Go there and console him. Here's what I want you to do ...."

"Who are you?" Jack asked the beautiful young woman who seemed to just appear at the foot of his bed.

"I'm an angel; God sent me here, and it's time to take you home."

As his vision began to fade, a loud buzzing noise filled his ears and two nurses ran into the room; then there was nothing.

Chapter 1

Jack slowly opened his eyes. The room where he lay was bright with sunlight. Suddenly there was a noise outside the room; a knock on a door, then another on his door;

"Jack, Anne time to get up; you don't want to be late for school."

'Where was I; when was I? That sounded like my mother! This must be a dream. It must be the drugs that they gave me. But I'm not in the hospital.'

I suddenly had the urge to pee, feeling pretty good, I sat up and without really thinking about it, got out of bed, opened the door, and walked to the bathroom. My mind was still in a fog, as I closed the door behind me, walked over to the toilet, picked up the seat, stood there and stuck my hand in my underwear to pull out my cock.

The next thing I remembered, I was on my back on the bathroom floor; my mother looking down at me, holding my hand and patting my cheek.

"Anne, are you OK?"

'Anne? I'm Jack,' I thought. Then I saw myself peering over mom's shoulder.

"Is she dead?"

"No, she just fainted. Get out of here; use the downstairs bathroom and get ready for school. Now!"

"What happened, Mom?"

"I don't know, Honey. I heard a scream and a thud; I opened the door and found you on the floor."

I had to think fast, I could figure out what was happening later, right now I had to reassure mom that I was alright.

"I remember coming in the bathroom, I had to pee. I bent over the toilet, felt light-headed and lost my balance and fell. I'm alright now. Help me up."

"You're sure you're okay, you didn't hit your head did you?"

"I'm fine Mom, and I really do have to pee."

She left the room, closing the door behind her. I stood there at the toilet, remembering why I had screamed: my cock and balls were gone; in their place was a pussy.

'I'm a girl!' I thought to myself. 'I'll bet all the angels in heaven are all high-fiving each other saying, 'Boy, that was a good one, he's still got it.'

I really had to sit down at that point. I pulled down my underwear, my panties, and put down the toilet seat and peed as a girl.

'If I'm a girl then I must have...'

I pulled the neckline of my nightshirt away from me and peeked down.

'Holy shit, I've got tits. Pretty big ones with nice sized nipples,' I thought to myself.

Now if you present a set of teenaged tits to an old man, where do you suppose his hands are going to go? I stuck both my hands up under my shirt and began to squeeze my tits. I grabbed the nipples between my fingers and began to twist. Too hard at first, but then I got the hang of it. I felt warm and tingly feelings in my pussy. Soon I felt warm all over and my heart was beating fast and then I went stiff.

When I calmed down a little, I said out loud, "Wow, what a feeling and all I did was play with my tits; imagine if I played with my pussy. Girls are sure lucky."

I took some toilet paper and wiped myself. I jumped when I accidentally hit my clit. I'd have to be more careful; my sister's body was a walking orgasm machine.

I composed myself, washed my hands and face and went to my room to get ready for school. I had to force myself not to enter Jack's room. I was Anne, now. This was going to get very interesting in a hurry. I shut my door, stood there trying to remember how she dressed back then... now... shit. I changed my panties, figured out how to put on a bra, grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt from her closet, and got dressed. I almost left the room to go downstairs, when I remembered; I have to put on makeup. Think. I sat at her vanity, looking around; I found a pencil of sorts for my eyes, a little colored powder for my cheeks, and a brush to blend it in.

"It will have to do," I said appraising myself in the mirror.

I ran out of my room, down the stairs and sat for breakfast. Mom looked at me, paused and said,

"You're using less makeup today, the fresh natural look, I like it. Hurry, eat your breakfast or you'll miss the bus."

Jack and I stood, grabbed our books and headed out the door, just as my dad came down the stairs.

"Bye, Dad" I yelled as I ran to catch up to Jack.

Chapter 2

We just got to the bus stop in time. I followed Jack onto the bus; paused and saw Anne's best friend, Joanne, sitting near the back. I walked back and took a seat next to her. She looked at me and asked,

"Why aren't you wearing your usual makeup?"

"I don't know. I just felt like I needed a change. Don't you like it?"

"It's okay, I guess, if you like the Plain Jane look; but I thought you were trying to get Todd to notice you. I'm not sure that way will work."

"You know, I really don't care anymore."

"Wow, if that's the case maybe I'll go after him."

"Be my guest."

I sat there thinking, not really paying attention to Joann's endless drivel about the guys in our class and who was going with whom, and who was breaking up. I had more immediate concerns. I had to find out what year it was. I had no clue how old I was or what grade I was in.

'Shit, I don't even know what classes I'm taking; where I have to be this morning. How am I ever going to do this?' I looked down in my lap and there staring me in the face was my answer: Algebra 1. If Anne has algebra 1, that means she's in ninth grade this year. When we were going to junior high I used to kid her all the time about the fact that I was taking algebra in eighth grade at the same time she was taking it in ninth grade. That meant she, I, was about fifteen years old. I had to find out the date to be sure; it looked like early spring, March or April. Her birthday was in April.

"Joanne, I interrupted, what's today's date?"

"April 8, I think. Why?"

"I forgot, that's all. I seem to be in a fog this morning. I can't even remember my schedule for today."

"Just like mine, homeroom, then algebra, history and science, and then lunch. Don't worry your schedule is taped to the inside of your locker."

'Shit, my locker, I don't remember the combination,' I thought. 'How am I going to get it opened?'

The bus pulled up in front of the school; it was smaller than I remembered. Joann and I went in. I followed her to her locker and watched as she opened it. I stood in front of the locker next to hers and fumbled with the lock.

"What the hell are you doing, your locker is over there."

I looked at her, red faced,

"Thanks; I told you I was out of it this morning. You don't happen to know my combination do you?"

"You really are out of it this morning," she said, opening her locker door wider and pointing to a piece of paper taped to the top of the door. "We always do this just in case of emergencies."

I memorized the number, tried it, and the locker door swung open.

"Thanks, you're a life saver."

"Come on get your books, the bell is about to ring."

I grabbed my books for the morning and followed her into the classroom just as the bell sounded. Fortunately, there were only two empty seats left, she took one and I took the other. The teacher took attendance and made a couple of announcements. We stood for the pledge of allegiance. Then the bell rang and we were off to algebra.

Once again I waited for Joann to sit, then stood talking to her until the rest of the class took their seats, if there was an open seat next to her I'd take it, if not I'd sit in the back, figuring that I would always choose to sit by her if I could. If seating was alphabetical, I would be near the back.

"Miss Wilson will you please take your seat so we can begin. Thank you. Today we are going to take a little quiz to see how well you understand last week's lessons."

A groan filled the room.

Mr. Albertson gave each student in the front row copies of the quiz. They were passed back until we all had one.

"Everybody have one, okay begin."

I looked down at the paper and smiled. One of the advantages of traveling back in time, with your memory intact, is that you know that you've done this stuff before. As Jack, I had been good at math. The quiz was easy. I was finished before everyone else. I waited until someone else stood up to drop off their paper, then I got up and dropped off mine.

"Finished so soon, Miss Wilson?"

"Sure it was easy."

"We'll see."

I walked back to my desk; Joann was looking at me as if I had two heads.

"OK, times up. Please bring your papers up here and drop them off on my desk. Your homework assignment is on the board; you can work on it for the rest of the period."

When the bell rang, I had most of the homework done. I closed my book, picked up my other books and headed to the door. When Joann came out she asked, "How did you do that quiz so quickly, did you know about it and didn't tell me?"

"Of course not, silly. I just knew the work. I guess I just got lucky"

"Come on let's go to history."

I let her lead the way. In the halls, kids were coming and going in all directions. I had to be really careful to say hi to anyone that greeted me. As Jack, I knew some of her friends, but not all of them; and I could never have remembered their names.

History was a fun; we were studying about the revolutionary war. I was answering questions and asking some of my own as well. The time flew by. When class was over, Joann came up to me.

"OK, what did you do with the real Anne Wilson? Last week you hated history, today you sounded like you could teach it. What gives?"

"Nothing's different, I just liked today's lesson that's all."

I'd have to be more careful. I forgot that Anne was not the best of students. She was smart enough, she just never put her heart into it. School was a social club as far as she was concerned.

My classes for the rest of the day things went OK; I managed to get through them without arousing any more suspicion. However, the last class of the day was gym and that's when I ran into trouble. It wasn't the actual class; all we did was play kickball. It was before and after class that I ran into trouble. In the locker room, off to one side, was a large caged-in area with rows of metal baskets stacked on shelves. We were each assigned a basket that held our uniform. I waited for Joann to get hers; luckily I could see my name written on the back of my gym clothes. I took my basket off the shelf and headed to the lockers to change.

I stopped short. All around me were teenaged girls in various stages of undress. If I had still had my cock it would have been as hard as steel. My body was that of a teenaged girl, but my mind was that of a dirty old man. I undressed and put on my gym clothes as quickly as possible; trying not to stare at all the tits and asses that were in the room.

After class it was even worse, as we got undressed, Joann pointed to a sign on wall: "Showers Mandatory Today." I swore under my breath and headed to the back of the line of other naked girls following Joann's lead. We walked through a series of showerheads that rinsed us off from the neck down. All I wanted to do was grab as many tits and asses as I could before they dragged me away; but I didn't want to give Anne the reputation of being a lesbian. When we were done, I grabbed my towel, dried off, and put my clothes back on as fast as possible.

I waited for Joanne out in the gym, and then it was back to our lockers, pick up our books for homework and out to catch the bus home. When Jack and I got off at our stop, I let out a big sigh. I made it through my first day of school as a girl. I wondered what the night would bring.

Chapter 3

Mom greeted us as we came in the back door.

"How did everything go today Anne, I was a little worried about you? Do you feel all right?"

"Mom, I feel fine don't worry. School was good today; I think I aced a quiz in Algebra."

"Really, that's wonderful."

"How about you Jack. How was your day?"

"Fine"

He was already heading up the stairs to his room.

I sat at the kitchen table and looked at mom. She was really pretty. Thirty-three, maybe a little over-weight, but it was all in the right places. She had met my Dad in high school and fell in love. I was conceived on the night of the senior prom. Neither of them went on to college. Dad got a job at the local hardware store; Mom stayed home and took care of us. They lived in this very house with my grandparents until a couple of years ago. My grandfather died of lung cancer and my grandmother died of a broken heart shortly thereafter. Mom, being an only child, inherited the house. Because there was no mortgage, Dad's pay from the hardware store was enough to live on, but there wasn't a lot left over for extras. My dad was a hard worker, it was just that he was an average student, and had no skills. It was either work in a factory or work in retail. He was a friendly person, good humored, kind and pretty good-looking. He was the same age as my mom, of average height and weight, but was beginning to get a little bit of a gut.

Growing up as Jack, I never really paid much attention to them. They were there, I listened to them, did what they asked most of the time, but never really interacted with them. Dad was always at work, Mom always had housework to do, and I had other interests entirely. It was 1968; we had just gone through the" summer of love," the Vietnam War was tearing the country in two, and even here in a small town in Nebraska, drugs were taking their toll on kids looking for an escape. I was a little over a year away from falling in with the wrong crowd, throwing away any chance I had of getting into college, and ultimately ruining my life.

This was why I was sent back, to help Jack make the proper choices, to steer Anne away from a life of mediocrity and help my parents deal with it all, give them a chance at a long, happy and healthy life. I was sure of it. Now all I had to do was figure out how.

Chapter 4

I lay in bed that night, thinking about all that had happened to me in the last twenty-four hours. I went from being a man, fifty-eight years old, on his deathbed in 2012 to being a fifteen year-old girl in 1968. I still wasn't use to this body. I could move in ways that I hadn't been able to in my entire life. I marveled at its near-perfect skin, the weight of my breasts, the sexual responsiveness to any stimulation, and my perfect eyesight. I could do a lot with this body.

The first thing I did that night, as soon as my brother went to bed, was lock my door and turn on my desk light. I took off my panties and nightshirt, threw back the covers and basically mauled my tits until I had a wonderful cum. Then I got up, sat at my desk and examined my pussy. Although I was far from a virgin in my previous life I had never taken the time to really examine the wonders of womanhood. I pulled out a mirror from my vanity and examined myself. I had a little bit of hair above my pussy; I could use to tidy up a bit. I had nice lips. My clit was prominent and hooded. I parted my pussy lips and looked in as best I could.

'Oh shit, my sister was still a virgin. That meant, damn! at some point I was going to have to lose my virginity to a guy. I didn't want to think about that just yet.'

I put the mirror down and began to massage my pussy, first with my whole hand, rubbing my lips, then I wet my fingers and began to gently rub my clit. Soon I started to whimper and moan; I couldn't take much more of this. I grabbed a nipple and twisted. That sent me over the edge. I shook and almost screamed as my second orgasm in ten minutes washed over me. It lasted for at least a minute, maybe longer. When I finally calmed down, I felt exhausted but wonderful as well. I reached over, shut the light and crawled into bed. I dreamed of naked girls running through the showers, with me running after them, my hand at my crotch, empty.

I woke up before the alarm, took a quick shower, and got dressed, put on my makeup. I was just about to go downstairs when I spotted Anne's calendar on the wall. Curious, I checked it out. Friday, I noted was circled in red. I wonder what that means. I started flipping through the rest of the calendar; nothing was circled going forward, so I started going backward. One day in March was circled, then one in February. I stopped and started counting,

'Shit, now what do I do. She's going to get her period on Friday.'

I checked out our bathroom and found a box of pads; damn, I guess being a girl does have some drawbacks after all. I went down stairs to have breakfast. Mom was in her robe and curlers, standing at the stove over a pan of scrambled eggs. A large plate of bacon was already on the table.

"Good morning, Mom."

"Oh good morning Dear, you're up early. I was just about to go upstairs and wake you both."

"You don't have to; Jack was just going into the bathroom as I came downstairs." Then I asked, "Mom, do we have any cereal? I'd like to cut back on all the eggs and bacon and high fat foods."

"Sure, dear, I think there's some Rice Krispies in the cabinet."

I got up, got myself a bowl, found the box and poured myself a bowl. I topped it with a little milk and grabbed an apple for later. Here was an opportunity to start saving my parents.

"You know Mom, too much of that kind of stuff is going to ruin that girlish figure of yours. Why don't you and I start eating a little healthier from now on? We could help each other. Since you do all the cooking, you could start cutting down on our portion sizes, include more chicken, less beef and pork, more fruits and vegetables and less sweets."

"I don't know what your father is going to say about that."

"Come on, he benefits in two ways; first he gets healthier and slims down a little, he'll have more energy; secondly he gets to sleep with a more beautiful and sexier you."

"Anne, she whispered, don't you talk like that."

"I'm also thinking about starting an exercise program. I'll have to get back to you on that one."

Just then Jack came down stairs. I looked him over, about five-six, one hundred thirty five pounds I figured. But soft, he never did anything physical, no sports, no exercise, just stayed in his room, reading or listening to the radio.

He wolfed down some bacon and eggs, a couple pieces of toast and a glass of milk, before standing, getting his books and headed out the door. I finished my cereal, took my apple, kissed Mom and followed him out the door. I came back picked up my books, looked over at Mom and said, "Think about it."

Chapter 5

School was a blast. As ninth graders we ruled the school. Basketball had finished for the season; baseball and track were in full swing. It was spring and lust was in the air. I did my best to balance my social life and my school work. I had lost a couple pounds and was feeling really good. More importantly, Mom had shed about ten and was looking great. I think Dad was beginning to notice. I had gone out on a couple of group dates with Joann, her latest boyfriend, and about five others. But I made no commitments to anyone. I used the excuse that my parents wouldn't let me date until I was sixteen. I did have a couple of boy "friends" who used to call me at night. We would talk about school, other kids, who was dating who, but nothing serious. I was concentrating on my grades. When report cards came out for the third marking period I had four C's and two B's. I had to get my grades up if I ever wanted to get to college. I needed to qualify for scholarships and financial aid if I wanted to go.