A Sentimental Heart Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers

"I've made you a fresh coffee sis... and I think that I'll leave the two of you to talk in peace." Peter was on his feet and through the kitchen door before Miranda could even murmur, 'ABANDONED!'

She looked across at Marcus with a slightly bewildered expression, and his eyes softened and his smile gentled and Miranda felt... safe.

"Let me explain..." he began lightly. "We have two levels of security at 'Phillips Pharmacy and Chemistry Ltd'. We have the general all-purpose lower levels, which is all dealt with by the typing and administrative pool. And then we have Mrs Rogers up on our floor... She is the firm's dragon -- been around for years, and she deals with all the sensitive confidential stuff..."

Miranda sipped at her coffee while her heart beat thumped along excitedly, this all sounded so... perfect... it had to be too good to be true!

"Anyway... we've been expanding quite a lot recently and Mrs Roger's had found it increasingly difficult to cope with the work load..."

He looked across at her and smiled again. "Your last job was one of confidentiality so you've proven yourself as -- trustworthy -- and your typing skill... well even Mrs Rogers was impressed with your CV."

Miranda looked at him blankly for a moment, and Marcus sighed. "And so Miranda I would like to offer you the job of Assistant to the confidential secretary who is Mrs Rogers."

"What just like that!" Miranda exclaimed in shock. "Should I at least meet with this Mrs Rogers to see if we can work together?"

Marcus pulled a little face. "I don't want her to put you off before you even start..." he muttered under his breath.

"I'll tell you what..." he offered suddenly. "What about a month's trial... either way?"

Miranda looked at him doubtfully. "Well... if you think I'll do?"

Marcus reached out suddenly to take her hand. "I think you're perfect Miranda!" he said softly as he shook her hand gently.

As their hands made contact, Miranda felt the static charge again, and as she looked at Marcus in shock, his silver eyes glittered dangerously.

He leaned forward suddenly -- and for one exciting moment Miranda thought that he was going to kiss her.

"I'll see you in the morning then."

He let go of her hand suddenly and stood up as though getting ready to run for his life.

"I hope that you'll be very happy with us... Miranda... I'll let myself out."

She sat there in a daze for several moments, until her brother Peter popped his head around the door curiously.

Miranda blinked up at him. "I've got the job!" she whispered in shock.

Peter grinned as he sat down where Marcus had been just moments before.

"Of course you have!" he chided her for being surprised. "I saw Marcus out and he told me, he said that he would leave it to me to show you where you'll be working, and to introduce you to 'the dragon'!"

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers
12