A Shepherd Afield Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's great!" Daniel offered.

Miriam glanced at her brother then looked at Ben. "She is great but she's also a little sad. I caught the look on her face from time to time."

Ben nodded. He thought as much. You don't just get over a broken heart overnight.

They made the airport in good time as the traffic was light at this time of day. Ben parked and they made their way through security. They met their pilot and co-pilot who both shook Ben's hand as this was the first time they were meeting the man who was the partner of such lovely women. They were ushered on board and the kids were gushing at the luxurious interior. Miriam was especially surprised to discover there was a bedroom on the plane with an actual bed!

"Well, we're going to be flying overnight. We arrive at 8AM Milan time. You can take the bed and the men will tough it out on these fully reclining chairs," he said with a grin.

Miriam's eyes lit up with excitement and Daniel appreciated being called a man by Ben.

The pilot announced they would be leaving the gate soon so everyone buckled in. They watched the safety video and got comfortable. Ben realized this really was the first time he'd actually been comfortable on a plane. The seats were wide and plush and his head was actually cradled by the headrest. He sighed. Great, now he was spoiled.

Soon they were in the air and on their way. There would be a refueling stop in New York then their next stop would be Milan. Daniel was taking pictures out the window.

Ben flipped on his computer and linked to the onboard network to get Internet access. He sent a quick note to Gabriella letting her know he was on his way and would arrive at 8AM her time. He also sent a note to the company in Melbourne that he was on his way with the prototype and would arrive sometime late on Monday or possibly Tuesday morning. Finally he sent a note to Margaux letting her know he'd see her next week. A reply came back from Gabriella. She was ecstatic that she'd be seeing him soon. She was feeling so lonely! She said she couldn't reach her kids tonight as they were likely out with their friends again. Ben smiled and replied with a note telling her how much he loved her, how he was looking forward to holding her in his arms and kissing her. He said to not worry about her kids because he knew they missed her and loved her and were so proud of her. He couldn't say more as he didn't want to give the surprise away. He shut down the computer and stowed it in his bag once more.

Daniel found the galley and they settled down for a meal. After dinner they watched a movie together which was interrupted by their fueling stop. Once they were back in the air they finished the movie and Ben announced it was time to get some sleep. Miriam slipped away to the bedroom and Daniel and Ben reclined on their chairs.

"Ben?"

He surfaced from the light doze he'd drifted into. "Hmm?"

"I wanted to thank you. For everything," Daniel said with a serious tone.

Ben blinked his eyes open and looked across to the boy. "You're most welcome."

"You love my Mom, don't you."

Ben didn't hesitate. "With all my heart, yes."

Daniel nodded and smiled. "Goodnight Ben."

"Goodnight Daniel. Sleep well."

Ben lay there listening to the hum of the jet and thinking about this young boy across the aisle from him. Thinking how different their lives had been but how fortunate he was to have met Gabriella and her kids to become part of their lives. He was really looking forward to seeing Gabriella's expression when she saw Miriam and Daniel's happy faces.

With that thought warming his heart, Ben allowed himself to be lulled asleep.

The morning promised to be a good one.