A Shepherd Afield Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,878 Followers

"Nah, it only took a few jabs and a boot to his berries to make him all cooperative-like."

Beth snorted then giggled at her outburst. "My, there's so much excitement around Ben's home life."

Tina pouted. "Too much for Ben's liking."

The doorbell rang and Trish answered it. She returned with the officer who stopped at the edge of the carpet in the entrance of the living room.

"Do you know a Terrance Holland?" he said looking at his pad.

Tina jolted. "Wendy's lawyer's name is Mr. Holland. I do not know his first name."

"Wendy?" the officer asked.

"Wendy is Ben's ex. She's trying to extort money out of Ben in a divorce," Trish explained.

The officer wrote something in his pad and continued. "Our suspect has divulged that he was hired by a Terrance Holland to gather incriminating photos of Mr. Shepherd and his lifestyle. When Mr. Shepherd failed to appear he contacted his employer. He claims he was instructed to call in the complaint to create the photos he needed," the officer explained.

"He was surprisingly cooperative," Ashley said.

"Maybe he was afraid Trish would be put in the back seat with him," Beth teased and Trish grinned at her.

"He was carrying the cell he used to call in the anonymous complaint. We matched the number," the officer explained.

"Geezus! What a fucking idiot!" Trish snorted.

The officer nodded. "Made our job much easier." He put away the pad and handed Trish a card. "If you have any more trouble let us know. Thanks for the assist," he said nodding to Trish who smiled and nodded back to him. She followed him to the door and locked it when he was out. When she returned to the living room Rain jumped to her feet and gave her a hug. Tina was grinning up at her as well.

"What?" Trish smiled as she released Rain.

"Thank you for protecting Ben once more!" Tina said sweetly.

"Pffft! You know I'd walk through fire for that man!" Trish snorted self-consciously and handed Tina the officer's card.

"It is worrying that this Terrance Holland is getting so bold!" Ashley said in worry. "Do we need to take extra precautions for protecting our children? That complaint they called in was vile!"

"Extra care until the trial probably wouldn't be a bad idea," Beth suggested.

"We'll have to be very careful about how we tell Ben about this. He's going to get really mad at the lawyer," Lucy offered.

"Why would you tell him?" Beth asked. Eyes turned in her direction until she felt everyone's focus. "What?"

"It is not good to keep secrets from Ben. He is very hurt by them so we don't keep secrets. We do our best to present the information to him gently," she explained. "I think I should leave a message with Ben's lawyer telling him what happened."

The others nodded and Tina dialed the number Ben left for her, just in case.

"Hello?"

"Oh! Hello Mr. Greyson! This is Tina Lee. I was not expecting you to answer on a Saturday night!" Tina exclaimed.

"Hello Tina! Ben asked me to be available while he was away. What can I do for you?" the man said.

While Tina explained the events of the night to the lawyer, Trish answered the doorbell and called out for assistants as the food order had arrived. Jayden and Frank had arrived as well so Penny and Karen rushed forward and helped their boyfriends carry the bags to the large dining room table.

Tina was finishing up with Walter as the last bags made their way through the room and the smell of the food made her mouth water. She gave Walter the name and number on the police officer's card.

"I'm very sorry this has happened. It sheds new light on just how devious Holland is and how low he'll go to win. I'll call the officers and add their information to my case against him. Thank you for calling!" he said.

"Thank you for taking such good care of Ben!" Tina replied.

"My pleasure. Goodnight!"

Tina made her way to the dining room as Karen and Penny got the kids upstairs. Soon everyone was seated around the table enjoying the food.

"So is Ben's lawyer going to confront this ass-stoundingly bad man, Holland?" Trish asked, looking apologetically at Ashley and her kids.

"Yes. It sounds like Mr. Greyson is building a case against him," Tina replied.

"Good!" Ashley said.

"So does the new TV downstairs meet your expectations?" Tina asked the kids.

"It exceeds them!" Daniel gushed and the other's agreed.

"Is your gaming thing the one Ben should get for the TV downstairs?" Tina asked Daniel.

"There's a more current model of that gaming console that will take full advantage of the higher resolution screen," Daniel explained and Tina smiled.

"When Ben gets back he will ask you to help him pick one out," she said.

"Look how eager these two are for finishing dinner and checking out the new setup downstairs! That is what your eager to see, right?" Trish teased.

Jayden just grinned but Frank was a little flustered. He was such a quiet young man. Tall, stocky, and shy, he had black hair and dark eyes. Tina suddenly realized he looked like a younger version of Ben! She grinned at Penny who looked back at her curiously but Tina just shook her head and went back to her meal. Her curiosity poked at her until she looked up again.

"Frank, what are you studying at the college again?" Tina asked.

He looked over at her. "I'm going to be an electrician."

Tina's smile widened and she nodded to him as she turned back to her meal. Jayden had discovered his calling in construction and working with his hands. He'd confessed to them the previous week that he really enjoyed the work. Frank was also working in the trades, becoming an electrician.

Tina looked up to see Karen and Penny looking back with curious smiles of their own. She was so happy. Ben's daughters were finding mates just like their Dad. Penny's even looked like him!

"Are you going to tell us what that satisfied smile is for?" Lucy asked.

Tina just shook her head and went back to eating. She would share her observation... but only with Ben.

He would be home soon and that thought sent tingles through her.

She couldn't wait!