A Short Story - The Library

Story Info
I visit the library.
750 words
431
2
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Yesok1
Yesok1
490 Followers

I'm in the library, the only sound is hushed talking and the motorised heating system.

I walk between the rows of books on the metal shelves of this massive public library.

I'm looking for a specific book in relation to my course, it's Finance for Business and I've written the ISBN number on a scrap of paper screwed up in my hand.

As I walk between sections, she catches my eye.

She's tall and fit. I suddenly curse myself for bringing my daughter, who is toddling next to me holding my hand as I push her push chair. I'm eighteen and also ready to drop again. It reinforces an excuse not to talk to her, because I can't chat to her with my daughter in tow.

I'm straight anyway. That's what I think. I spend nights lying in bed trying to work out what I am. My feelings for girls are buried deep down, and I fuck as many boys as I can to convince myself I'm almost normal.

I find myself following her, I stray out of the area that holds my book into hers. I'm in a computing section now and she's behind me looking at books, she ignored me as I walked past. She wears white Adidas trainers and dark cargo pants and an Ellesse tracksuit top.

Her hair is shiny and smells freshly washed as I stand behind her and pretend to check on my daughter, or rather to check her out.

She peruses the books, taking one off the shelves she reads the back.

"Don't drop it again." I say to my daughter. I stand not knowing what to do, as the girl continues ignoring me and my daughter watches on, she swings on my arm and loses her balance. I save her fall and put her in the push chair.

I pick up a book that has no relevance to my course and turn to look at her, her back still to me. I see a large hoop earring glint, her face fresh and smooth. She's older, probably twenty-three.

She puts the book back and steps sideways along as she continues her search. I panic and move a little. I rock the chair.

My nervousness then, is nothing like I am now. If older me transported back in time, I wouldn't hesitate in striking up a conversation with the girl.

I'd first pull myself aside and say, "Don't stress, you're gay. It's all ok, roll with it. Nothing bad happens when you come out, your friends all stick by you, it's fun, there's nothing to worry about. You meet a lovely woman and that little girl in your belly, she's gay. Don't waste the coming years being celibate, embrace your feelings, you are gay, just take the plunge. You sleep with lots of women and you go on dates, and you're not nervous, you're confident with them. Oh, and while I'm talking to you, quit your job. Don't do what they tell you, you can't trust them." But I can't, everyone knows that if you meet yourself in the past, you'll bring about a cataclysm.

I walk further down the row of books, pretending I can't find what I'm looking for. I wish there was a crèche to drop my child off at. I wish my parents would take her for a couple of hours, but they're horrible cunts, they detest me.

I wonder what it'd be like to kiss this girl. Her legs look long, she's lovely. My heart pounds as she walks around the bookcase. I watch her, I see her, I think she can't see me, now.

I bite my lip and I don't know what to do. My unborn baby wakes, kicking me and rolling. I see a limb push at my tummy through my shirt.

It's as if it's urging me to try and ask her out. Or, maybe it's telling me I'm stupid, and squashed in my pit by my disregarded feelings.

I see a book on the shelf, it looks like the one I've been searching for, it's been misfiled. I take it and look at the cover, it's the one. I smile and I'm relieved, it's not been a wasted journey.

I look up and see her, watching me through the books. She smiles, "Hi!" She says, her hazel eyes look me dead in the eyes.

I sweat, feeling stupid, and offer a grin. My baby kicks excitedly, telling me to talk. Should I say something?

Yesok1
Yesok1
490 Followers
  • COMMENTS
6 Comments
Yesok1Yesok1about 2 months agoAuthor

Certainly as a young girl I would not have made the first move.

Me, now. Yes. If I fancy someone I open up with talking and suss things out.

In the right place I'm very forward, to the point of being intimidating. 🤭

ccitydudeccitydudeabout 2 months ago

The big question: "Who makes the first move and thereby faces rejection?" In hetero encounters we've sort of worked out that men, by and large, make the first move. It's not much of an issue with gay men. However, with lesbians we've got two people, neither of whom are accustomed to making the first move. I've heard that this is no trivial matter, that women really have a difficult time making the move. Our heroine's internal dialogue plays to that. Well done.

Yesok1Yesok1about 2 months agoAuthor

Hi cupicupid,

It was claustrophobic, both physically and mentally. We were so close. I could touch her, I was tempted. My daughter stood there not understanding what I was feeling, or what I was doing. My brain felt fried. My chest tight, my breath short, I couldn't breathe.

I see her eyes now. I'm not sure if the detail us quite right, but she was a what if. What if I said hi. What if I didn't have my daughter. What if I wasn't pregnant.

J x

CupidCupidCupidCupidabout 2 months ago

This is what l like about these stories, that you write Jess. The atmosphere you have created is so claustrophobic within the confines of the bookshelves, with sexual tension, without the sex. And I like how you are telling your young self that everything will be fine. Very good!

Yesok1Yesok1about 2 months agoAuthor

I never did migbird. The number of girls that I walked past. If only I had the courage. But it's easy to look back and best myself up.

I was a lesbian, I just didn't know, and certainly didn't know how to deal with it or the feelings.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Maternity Hall Pass Neglected mother-to-be finds validation with boy-next-door.in Fetish
Pavlov's Dog -- 750 Words Her needs and routines might get a girl killed.in Loving Wives
Initiation Night Ch. 01 Follow two housewives at a private interracial club party.in Interracial Love
The Evil Pt. 01 The Evil.in Erotic Horror
A Short Story - The Footballer Nat and Vanessa make plans.in Lesbian Sex
More Stories