A Simple Love Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she helped the guys set up their instruments and go through balance and a sound check, Jaime heard her name called out. She looked up and was both happy and somewhat shocked to see the small statured teacher slowly approaching the stage.

"Hey! You came!" Jaime smiled.

Sarah answered with a smile of her own. "Yeah, I thought I'd check you guys out, seeing as you have such a following amongst the young..."

Jaime chuckled and hung her head. "Well, let's just hope we can keep adult interest as well..."

Sarah nodded and with a gentle touch of her hand to Jaime's arm, she said, "I'm sure you'll be great. Good luck." And then went to take a seat, close to the stage, but further enough as to not be blasted by the speakers.

The bar was quickly teeming with people and the band, having set up, started to play. Jaime strapped an acoustic guitar and took her place in front of the mic. To the background melody of her band, Jaime introduced her fellow bandmates. "Thank you all for coming tonight. We are Knight Glam and how about we start with an oldie but a goodie:

"Sitting here wasted and wounded

At this old piano

Trying hard to capture the moment

This morning I don't know...

Cause a bottle of vodka still lodged in my head

And some blonde gave me nightmares

I think that she's still in my bed

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead."

Jaime continued to sing Bon Jovi's hit "Bed of Roses", discreetly checking out the crowd, to see their reactions. This was usually a good opening song. It got people up and dancing or slowly swaying in their seats as they lovingly gaze in the eyes of a loved one. As she was scoping the crowd, she glanced at Sarah, who had arrived alone. Sarah was smiling, not her usual sweet, regular looking smile, but rather a smile that had a dreamy quality about it. Her eyes looked almost glazed over.

When Jaime reached the song's chorus, she deliberately looked at Sarah as she belted unashamedly, "I wanna lay you down on a bed of roses / For tonight, I sleep on a bed of nails / I wanna be just as close as / The Holy Ghost is / And lay you down, on a bed of roses."

Jaime couldn't remember the last time she did that, sang a song deliberately to an audience member. She thought it was kind of a cheap shot, somewhat smarmy and all too corny, but there she was, belting out the cheesy love song lyrics at the woman who was dreamily staring back at her. The entire scene was somewhat surreal. The song ended and the applause was deafening. It appeared it was going to be a good night.

The first set came to an end after an hour and Jaime stated they were going on a five minute break. She wiped the sweat off her brow and stepped off the stage. When she turned around, Sarah had miraculously materialized in front of her. "Hey!"

"Hi..." answered Sarah, shy all of a sudden. "You were absolutely amazing!" She looked at Jaime in awe.

Jaime tried to laugh it off. "Yeah... that's why we get paid the big bucks..." She grabbed her beer off the nearby counter and took a long swig. "In case you were wondering, this is what I mean by big bucks..." she said and lifted the mug in emphasis.

Sarah laughed. "Really? You guys play for drinks?"

Jaime shrugged, "Well, we sometimes get more lucrative gigs but since we're kind of regulars here and friends with the owner, he gives us food and drinks on the house, and we usually pack the place. There aren't many paying gigs in the area for cover bands, and we really just enjoy performing for the sake of performing..."

"Wow... you guys are really good for people with day jobs, who don't actually do this professionally."

"Why thank you, ma'am." Jaime tipped her imaginary hat, making Sarah laugh.

The rest of the night went smoothly and after they finished the show, Jaime helped the guys pack everything up and load it into their respective cars. Sarah refused to leave, saying tomorrow was her day off and she didn't need to get up early, so she didn't mind sticking around. As the bar crowd slowly dwindled, Sarah and Jaime sat and talked over several drinks. They spoke of their families, their likes and dislikes, and just about anything that came to mind. The conversation was easy and fun, and the occasional moments of silence felt right. Neither one felt the need to fill in the silence with nonsensical babble. It was the best non-date either of them had ever been on. They felt comfortable around each other and yet there was an underlying sense of exhilaration that was intoxicating. The night wore on and as the bar closed, they realized they had been chatting for over five hours and had yet to have enough. They didn't want the night to end. So at 3:00 a.m., Jaime asked Sarah, "would you like to get an early breakfast? Or really late dinner?" And Sarah readily agreed.

It was after 6:00 a.m. when they each got home. The underlying attraction and connection surprisingly never came up. Neither wanted to break through the delicate haze that had seemed to engulf them. They seemed happy and content to simply start a friendship. An honest-to-goodness friendship.

As the months went by, Sarah and Jaime became practically inseparable. They would either see each other on a daily basis, have lunch together, or speak on the phone for hours on end. They knew what made the other tick, they cared for the other and wanted her to be happy. Jaime had completely stopped dating as she didn't have the time to juggle dating as well as everything else she had going in her life. She didn't really miss it either. But when Sarah told her she had met someone, a strange emotion kicked into high gear inside Jaime. An emotion she couldn't name until she actually met Sarah's date. They had decided to have lunch together as Sarah really wanted her best friend to meet, and hopefully like, her new boyfriend.

To say the lunch date didn't go well would be like saying a meteor hit the earth and only made a tiny dent. Jaime was fuming even before arriving at the restaurant. Seeing Sarah happily introduce her new beau, she decided she would at least try to be kind. As intelligent as Jaime was, she didn't take the time to sort her emotions and her relationship with Sarah had simply spiraled into a deep friendship before anything else could possibly be conceived.

Every time the boyfriend touched Sarah or looked at her, Jaime wanted to slap him silly. She knew she was in the wrong, she knew she had no right over Sarah, and she knew the poor guy was really not doing everything in his power to aggravate her. When the two kissed softly, Jaime jumped out of her chair so fast, Sarah jumped a little as well. "Are you ok?" asked a distraught Sarah.

"Yeah. Sorry, I just have to go to the bathroom. Excuse me." Her words rushed, Jaime fled to the bathroom.

Splashing some cold water on her face, Jaime grabbed the white porcelain of the sink, gazing into the mirror. Her eyes had a crazy look about then that almost scared her. She brushed her hand over her face and shook her head. "What the hell is the matter with me?" She mumbled to herself. She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself enough to be able to return to their table. Suddenly, she heard the bathroom door creak open. She straightened up, intending to leave the restroom when her eyes met the green eyes of her friend in the mirror. Sarah looked concerned as she softly placed her hand on her lower back.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

The apprehension in Sarah's voice really shook Jaime. She felt like a complete ass and just wanted to say her goodbyes and leave. Inwardly 'manning' up, she cracked a small smile and said, "Yeah. I'm sorry, I just don't feel so well. I think I may be coming down with something..."

"I'm sorry. Do you want to cut things short? I'll tell Bobby that something came up and take you home, make you some soup. You'll be good as new." And then she smiled. That sweet, awe-filled smile that had unwittingly captured Jaime's heart so many months ago. Deeply touched by the fact that her friend would ditch her boyfriend without a second thought just to take care of her, Jaime felt even worse. She was being a total bitch to the sweetest person who ever walked the earth. She shook her head and said, "No, thank you though. I'll be fine." She let the tips of her fingers gently and briefly touch her friend's soft cheek. Sarah smiled and both returned to their table. As much as Jaime wanted to be civil and make normal conversation, she found that for the life of her, she couldn't. As it turned out, Jaime could be quite resentful and surly. She ate her lunch in slow measured bites as she quietly studied the interaction between her best friend and her boyfriend. Then it suddenly struck her. So hard, in fact, that she nearly choked on her bite of food. She was jealous. Not of the fact that Sarah had a boyfriend, but of the said boyfriend! She was jealous of him. She wanted to be in his place. She wanted to be the one touching Sarah intimately, gazing at her lovingly. The months of expanding friendship had apparently pushed all those feelings she had at the beginning of their acquaintance so deeply down that they became practically inexistent. The unconscious was a marvelous thing.

Sarah noticed a change in her friend's behavior and yet again wondered if everything was alright. Jaime was staring at her mid-chew, gawking almost. Sarah waved her hand in front of her friend's face. "Jaime? Earth to Jaime..." She chuckled but she was really starting to get worried.

Jaime literally shook her head and continued chewing. She flashed a quick smile at her, swallowed her bite, and said, "I'm fine. Dessert anyone?"

The rest of the meal was painful, but it at least ended quickly. Sarah was worried about her friend and Jaime couldn't wait to get out of there. Jaime wanted to make a quick escape so she wouldn't have to answer any more questions, which she knew were brewing inside her friend's pretty blonde head. She saw Sarah softly saying something to Bobby as she put her jacket on, and she prepared to turn around and say goodbye but Sarah stopped her. "Wait, I'm coming with you."

Jaime frowned and asked, "But didn't you come with Bobby? I'm fine, really. Go with him, and we'll talk later." Jaime didn't know if she could face Sarah alone right now.

"I'm coming with you and that's final, so no sense in arguing with me." When Sarah put her mind to something, that something would get done, so Jaime knew arguing would be futile. As she watched Sarah say goodbye to Bobby, she felt beads of sweat start to form on her upper lip. She rubbed her palms on her jeans to wipe away the moisture that had gathered there as well.

They drove to Jaime's house in silence. Both women were worried but for two very different reasons. Jaime had no idea what she was going to say when they got to their destination and Sarah was trying to come up with soup recipes, thinking her friend was coming down with something. When they reached the apartment, Jaime put the car in park and slowly turned off the ignition. As one last attempt to try and postpone the inevitable, she told Sarah she was fine and that she could drive her home. Sarah glared at Jaime and motioned for her to get out of the car. Not wanting to anger her friend for no reason, she stepped out of the car and unlocked her home. The second they stepped inside, Jaime started to feel the walls closing in. Thoughts about possibly losing the best friend she ever had, losing another someone she loved from her life, what her friends and family would think, the thought of actually making this work swamped her brain from all directions, making her dizzy. When she stumbled a bit on her feet, Sarah jumped to her side and grabbed her arm. Jaime's head hung low, her hair covering her face. Sarah pushed her hair out of her face and raised her cheek, wanting to see Jaime's eyes. What she saw there confused her. They reflected something she knew she felt too but was unable to formulate. Before either of them knew what was happening, Jaime kissed Sarah.

The kiss was soft, chaste almost, but heartfelt. When they parted, Jaime started babbling, apologizing, trying to back away and stumbling against the door. Sarah didn't let her get far though. She gently pushed her body against Jaime's and pulled her into another kiss. This kiss was deeper, more exploratory. Without a word, they started pulling the offending clothes off each other. This didn't need any explanation; it was not the time for reflection. There would be plenty of time for that later. Sarah took Jaime's hand and led her to the bedroom. As though they had done this a million times, they laid on the bed side by side, slowly exploring each other's bodies. Soft kisses were exchanges in between soft caresses. Jaime slowly circled Sarah's breast with her fingers, reveling in the softness, then thrilling at the hardness of its peak. She smiled in awe as her hand was grabbed by Sarah and pulled lower. "It's ok, please," Sarah whispered.

Given permission, she softly parted Sarah's intimate lips and gasped when she felt the sensual wetness touching her fingertips. Sarah moaned at the sensation and moved closer, trying to get as close as possible to merge with her beautiful companion. When Jaime slowly entered her lover for the first time, she was the one who gasped. It felt so right. Everything had suddenly clicked into place. This was where she was meant to be. This was her home, her haven. She sweetly kissed Sarah's neck as she explored her deeper and as the thrusts became faster and Sarah's moans more desperate, Jaime pulled Sarah's thigh onto her own. Their bodies entwined as they lay side by side, fluidly moving as one, until they both fell off the proverbial edge. Sarah's fingers clutched Jaime's arm as she looked deeply into her beloved's eyes, sharing her ecstasy with her.

When her breathing and pulse slowed down, Sarah gazed at her companion. She was shocked to see a tear at the corner of her eyes. Kissing her shoulder softly, Sarah wiped the tear away. "What's the matter, sweetheart?"

Jaime shook her head slightly. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just love you so very much."

Sarah kissed Jaime's lips. "I love you too. I don't know what took us so long... How did we not see this?"

"I don't know and I don't care, as long as we're here. I'm sorry about today..." Jaime started to apologize about lunch and Bobby, but was stopped by Sarah, who laid a soft finger against her lips. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I knew there was something missing with Bobby. With everyone, to be honest. I should have known from that first non-date we had when I came to see your band." They both chuckled at the memory.

"I guess love really is blind. And deaf and dumb, and crazy..." continued Jaime.

"And simple. It is so easy, so simple to love you. I think that's why I missed it. Because it was just simple with you. I loved you and that was it. And I guess it was so simple that it passed right by me." Sarah said in awe.

"So what do we do now?"

"We continue to love each other and do what we do best; be together."

"It's that simple, huh?" asked Jaime.

"It's that simple," concluded Sarah and sealed it with a kiss.

The End

12