A Slave to the Servants Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,658 Followers

I was at a loss and the women around us were silent.

What better way to look like a failure as a mother than with a bunch of women who despise you watching, I thought to myself.

"Hannah, I think this is supposed to be something special. Let me put this on you," I said reaching for her.

"No," she hissed, "he made you a slave. I will not wear his color."

Nu-reeh let out a sound like a laugh. "To a fine female, Hannah!" she called out loudly.

The other women around us repeated the salute and then started to wander off.

Tosu took the bowl back and chuckled. "You'll be a real terror once your fangs come in, girl," she smiled stepping close to Hannah. "You and I should talk," she said quietly before moving away.

Nu-reeh called to Hannah and me to follow her. I sat the little bowl on a low bench and walked quickly after the big woman.

"You may fly out of the mountain now, Hannah," Nu-reeh told her. "Use your spears to protect yourself."

"Can I, Mama?" Hannah asked me excitedly.

It was easy to see the desire in her eyes. The idea of being outside enthralled her.

"Of course, Baby," I said, smiling with confidence I did not feel, "Mistress Nu-reeh has said you can."

"Go on ahead," Nu-reeh told Hannah. "Explore a little, I will take your female breeder back down the incline."

Hannah didn't hesitate and ran out. She bolted toward the incline and jumped off of it. Her wings spread wide and I saw her soar through the air before darting out of an opening in the mountain.

Smiling to myself I thought she probably wanted to go check out her new spikes in the sunshine. As well as everything else that was out there. What a wonderful amazing world she would see.

"She has fur to protect her from the cold, her wings work, and now she has the start of her weapons," Nu-reeh told me. "She has no teeth, so she will need to come to you for nourishment."

I understood and it made me want to scream, but I took a large breath instead. "When she wants to go, I won't stop her, Mistress," I said quietly.

"I will not let you keep her as long as you would like," Nu-reeh said. "She is of this world and must do as we do. I cannot allow you to cripple her with your human frailties. It used to happen and it created weak women."

"Of course, Mistress, I also want my daughter to be strong," I answered her.

Nu-reeh dropped me at the base of the steep rock wall and I walked slowly toward our apartment. I wondered where Hannah had gone, she could literally be anywhere. Until she was hungry, from what Nu-reeh said, she may just stay gone.

Hannah made her entrance beside me boldly before I made it back to our lodging. She'd been flying around, but still had trouble sticking the landing. She ended up in a tangle of wings and body.

"I went outside, Mama," she panted, struggling to her feet.

"Did you?" I asked very glad to see her. "What did you see?"

Hannah happily told me she'd flown around this side of the mountain outside. She'd seen several animals Nu-reeh had taught me about. She'd chased a couple. The other women had seen her, but they didn't bother her.

She had tried to go into a mine and the women did chase her away then. That made sense to both of us, the women were territorial about the mines. Nu-reeh had told me that much.

I was dying to find out something, though. "What did you dip your wing tips into?" I asked touching the razor sharp spears now at the end of her wing sections.

"Well, I don't know the word in this language, but on Earth you would have called it 'lava', I think," Hannah said looking thoughtful. "You never saw lava yourself, but this reminded me of the way the television showed it."

"Oh, well that's...different," I said taking her hand and walking toward our apartment. "I wonder how the women figured that little trick out."

"Who knows," Hannah shrugged and I smiled.

In some ways she was so human. In other ways she was so Paterian. I hoped the mix would serve her well.

Looking around I saw Hannah and I were in an enclosed, deserted section of cave. I asked quietly what Nu-reeh had wanted when she sent me away. Hannah's eyes got wide and she looked forward and back. She pulled me to kneel beside her and whispered in my ear in English.

"Nu-reeh does not know you are aware she can control the men," she said. "I have been trying to do it and it upset her. She told me to stop trying. Nu-reeh said when I have my own men I will control them, the way she can control hers. When I get my own men, she said she would give me the implant and teach me."

I gasped and looked at Hannah, she shook her head and whispered in my ear again.

"She asked me if you knew, Mama, and I said you didn't. I don't think she wants you to know, okay?"

"An implant?" I asked curiously.

"She said it makes her thought commands to them stronger," Hannah said. "Apparently, she has a connection to only her men, but it only goes one way. The implant strengthens it and stops it from going both ways."

We heard men coming toward us and talons from the other direction. I stood up and took Hannah's hand. We walked briskly toward our dwelling.

As we walked Hannah told me we shouldn't talk about it. I agreed and squeezed her hand. This must be our secret.

My men were anxiously waiting for us when we got back. Word had been sent we would miss dinner, so they had been instructed to bring food back for me.

"We are glad you are back," Christof sighed pulling me into a hug.

Hannah had long been trained not to fuss when we showed each other affection, but she still hated it. As my men greeted me, she sat on a chaise watching them with angry eyes. I wondered as I often did if every female hated men this much.

"Hungry, Mama," she said reaching for me.

It was one of her favorite tricks to keep me away from my men. She knew they couldn't touch her, so she took her time 'feeding' to keep me away from them. Unfortunately, I was hungry, too.

"Christof can you move that tray over here?" I sighed settling on the chaise as Hannah crawled over me.

Christof brought the food and set it down beside me, so I could nibble while Hannah nursed. Before he drew his hand away, Hannah kicked his wrist.

"You touched me," she hissed angrily.

"No," I said with authority, "you touched him. Nu-reeh will not punish her men for something you did. We both know that."

In truth, I didn't really know that, but it was a good gamble.

"Apologize for kicking, Christof," I said pulling my breast back into my outfit.

Hannah jumped off my lap and made all manner of horrible sounds. Some directed at me, most directed at them. She swung the sharp tips on her wings around in a fighting style I recognized. How well she had learned the lessons her father had subconsciously taught her. I waited until she was calmer.

"You have to learn to control your own temper. That's very important," I said. "You must be a master of your temper and not let it rule you. Now apologize to Christof and come have your meal."

"I'm...sorry," she said petulantly, glaring at Christof.

"Come," I commanded pulling out her dinner and opening my arms.

Hannah cried a little while she nursed. I knew nothing on this planet but me cried, so I assumed that was her human side showing. She was upset for some reason, so I soothed her.

"They will never hurt me," I promised her. "They love me like I love you. Please stop hating them. If they had not brought me here, there would be no you. I think you will make this world better. My difficulties were well worth having you, My Girl."

My men sat and watched us in silence. The look on their faces was one of sheer terror. They had no doubt what Nu-reeh's reaction to that brief contact would be.

"Are you a good woman?" I asked Hannah.

She nodded and continued to suck.

"Does a good woman tell lies?" I asked her.

She released her food source and sat up to watch my face. "No, Mama."

"Are you going to lie to Nu-reeh?" I pressed. "Are you going to be the kind of woman who gets what she wants by telling stories?"

"They made you a slave, Mama," she whined.

"And we both know that before you were born, they made me family," I answered.

Dark little eyes stared into mine defiantly, but she finally answered. "No, Mama, I won't lie. Nobody touched me."

"Good girl," I said kissing her forehead and pulling her close to nurse.

My men seemed to relax slightly, but not entirely. They didn't really trust Hannah, it's not like she'd given them reason to trust her. She'd been ridiculously angry at them the entire time they had known her.

"I see the wing tips are different," Christof noted quietly breaking the silence.

"They dipped them in something really hot," I said. "The women said it makes them harder."

"Lava," Hannah said and then went back to the breast.

My men looked confused and I explained that the hot rock boiling out of the ground we called lava on Earth. None of us on Earth could touch it because it would burn us so badly. In fact, a human couldn't really even get near it. My men had never seen it, so they just said they'd use the same word if they ever saw it.

We talked casually until Hannah drifted to sleep and then Evan sighed putting his head in his hands.

"She's going to have us killed. I said it before and I'll say it again. That child will be the death of us," he moaned.

"I bet it'll be a slow death," Bane said. "Anybody with me?"

"Really, that's what you bet on?" I whispered incredulously.

"Okay, fine," Bane conceded, "then I bet she kills Christof first."

"No way," Kein scoffed, "head of the family, Damien first."

Damien smiled ruefully, "I bet she makes me watch and I go last. That would be worse."

"You want a three way bet, Brother?" Bane asked excitedly. "Evan, who do you side with?"

"Enough," I whispered harshly and they ignored me. "This game is really sick, you should be ashamed-"

Christof cut me off to take sides with Bane. He liked the idea of being first. Evan sided with Kein and then they all stared at me.

"Well?" Bane prompted getting animated. "Who do you side with?"

I forgot, I was family now and everyone played when we had these games.

"Fine," I hissed, "Kein is right, she'd make Damien go first."

I hoped we'd never find out who won that bet.

My men spent the rest of the night playing a card game. I settled Hannah in bed and came back to join them. Not for the first time, I was glad Rose had taught me these games.

Christof's hand played in the hair at the back of my neck for a few minutes.

"Absolutely not," Damien said with authority. "Nu-reeh was quite clear about that."

Christof sighed and removed his hand dragging it down my arm first. I looked at him quizzically.

"There are better ways to spend an evening," he said grinning.

"I bet," I whispered and leaned toward him to kiss his lips.

What started as a light peck turned into a deep kiss. Christof almost pulled me off my chair he was so enthusiastic. Damien interrupted as Christof's hand smoothed over a breast.

"No, no, no Brother, do you have a death wish? Leave Ciara alone. We cannot touch her," Damien sounded frustrated.

"Why?" I purred rubbing my hand against Christof's thigh. "Hannah is asleep. She won't wake up for a while."

"Because Nu-reeh doesn't want another child from you," Damien said sharply. "She can't find us doing that. We would all earn punishment for that."

That killed my burgeoning sexual desire. I definitely did not want another child. Surviving the loss of Hannah was going to kill me. I couldn't imagine having to go through that a second time.

"Your play Bane," I said straightening up in my chair.

I cleaned the apartment in the mornings, but it never took long. Hannah played with her toys while I worked, but she started to get more and more restless with each day. Our little set of rooms made her anxious; she wanted to be outside. It became torture for her to wait for me to go out with her.

She was growing and changing quickly. By her fifth moon, her talons had finally started to lengthen and Nu-reeh had her dip them when they were just long enough. Now she was well suited to be outside and exploring. It was where she really wanted to be.

I always went with her when she went outside, in a fashion. I would find a place to sit in the sun and knit at whatever exit she chose. Originally, she stayed in my sight line, but more often now she just disappeared. Her hunger was the only thing that brought her back at regular intervals.

"Mama," she said watching the door early one morning, "can I go outside while you finish?"

She was growing and her needs were changing. I swallowed the lump in my throat and told her to enjoy herself.

"You get too cold outside, Mama. I can just come back here when I get hungry," she offered politely.

"Go, Baby," I smiled, "come back when you need to. I'll be here."

She was off in a flash.

I cleaned the bathroom like I was trying to take the stone off the walls. My hands got raw and I scrapped the flesh off my fingertips. It burned and stung, but no more than the pain I felt inside.

Once her teeth came in, she would not need me anymore. The wild world would call to her and she would have to answer. It was a truth I couldn't stand to face.

She came back after I'd wrapped my hands. For some reason I couldn't find that miraculous cream my men had. They had tucked it away somewhere.

"What did you do to your hands, Mama?" she asked crawling onto my lap.

I sighed theatrically, "That tub in the bathroom, I've been trying to get it cleaner and I'm just not having any luck. I was so vicious with it this morning I cut my hands. Come eat, it's not bad. I'll heal."

She curled into my lap as I held her and she took her meal quietly. Once I was drained, I could see her anxiously eyeing the door.

"Go," I said swatting her bottom, "stay out of the mines."

She was gone and I tried to clean, but it wasn't working. I ended up just sitting and staring into the fire. It was coming so quickly, I just wasn't prepared.

If I'd had my wits about me I would have spent the time looking for that cream.

"What happened?!" was what roared out of Damien's mouth after he removed the bandages and saw my raw fingertips.

He was furious and demanded to know what happened. Evan wanted to go tell Nu-reeh I couldn't clean anymore. Even Kein and Christof were upset. Bane marched into the bathroom like he was going to dismantle it.

"It's not the bathroom's fault," I said exasperated at their overreaction. "I just...I just realized how fast Hannah is growing. Once her teeth come in, she won't need me anymore," the last of it coming out as a whisper as I slumped over. "She'll be gone very soon."

Bane walked back out of the bathroom with the healing cream looking confused. They all appeared confused. All eyes turned to Christof and I saw him accept the responsibility to deal with this.

"We don't understand," he said simply sitting beside me, "please explain."

I took a shuddering breath and allowed Bane to put the healing cream on them.

"In my home world," I explained as he worked, "a child stays with it's mother for eighteen cycles of the sun."

They looked quizzically at me. That wasn't how they tracked time. I tried a second time.

"Six of your moons cycles repeated eighteen times," I said.

It wasn't exact, but it was near the right amount of time.

"That is a really long time," Kein commented settling on a chair.

I nodded and continued. "I know Hannah doesn't need that long. She would feel cramped and contained if I tried to keep her like that. It just feels so wrong to me to be preparing her to leave me now. Selfishly, I know I will miss her. To raise a child and then to never see her again..." my voice broke and I dropped my head in my hands.

It was Christof that held me as I cried, but I felt the love from the rest of them. They did not understand, but they knew I was hurting.

"Mama, you make too many assumptions," the tiny voice said from the doorway. "You keep saying I have to leave you and I always said I wouldn't."

I wiped my tears and tried to sit up as Hannah came to stand in front of me. "Baby, you have to go out and explore. It is what women do. They know the entire world. It isn't right to keep you with me."

She stood stubbornly gazing at me. "I don't care. I'm not really Paterian anyway. My memories are of Earth. It's not like I'll fit in on this planet even if I do go fly around," she said gesturing flippantly. "I'd rather stay with you."

My maternal instincts reared their head and the tears were gone. Hannah could not stay with me. It wasn't appropriate and it would kill her wild spirit. I spoke with conviction.

"The reason you don't feel that you belong here is because you haven't experienced enough. Nu-reeh gave me stories. This is a very interesting planet. You have to travel around, find Sisters, and when you are much older maybe acquire some men-"

Hannah cut me off with a loud hiss. "I - don't - like - men," she said simply letting her eyes rest squarely on Damien.

"And right now, I'm glad for that, you are too young to like men," I told her. "It's what you'll do, though. It is what we all do. We gather experience, build a family, and continue the species-"

"Maybe I'm a lesbian," she interrupted, blending English and Paterian perfectly.

She had caught me off guard and my men all looked confused at the word.

"I don't think they have that here..." I mused getting mired on the minor point.

"You didn't do that," she insisted. "You were taken from your home and sold at a slave auction. You do not learn and grow anymore. I have your memories, Mama. This is not who you were before. On Earth, you were strong and independent. These men still keep you like a pet after they trained you like a dog."

"No, Baby Girl," I soothed, "this is family now. They care for me and I care for them."

Hannah laughed a short, mirthless sound. Sharp eyes scanned the men present before settling back on me.

"This isn't a family the way you knew it on Earth," she said maliciously. "These are not husbands or boyfriends you chose. You are not an equal, building a life with them. You have nowhere else to go and could not leave even if you wanted to."

"No, Hannah," I argued, putting my hands up in a gesture meant to stop her, "you don't understand-"

"We both know what slavery is. For now you are fun, but what happens when their attention wanes? What would you be if they no longer wanted you? How many men did your Mom go through?"

In my head I counted through the stream of men that had been in my mother's life. I never got attached to any of her boyfriends, because they came and went so quickly What would happen to me if Damien and his Brothers wanted a fresh face?

"Mama, they think they care for you now, but we both know that could change. You live, breath, and eat at their discretion. We both know what it means to wear the status of slave. You will exist until they tire of you and then they can sell you or kill you!"

My men all stiffened at that comment, but it didn't stop Hannah. She was on a roll. I saw her temper start to flare out of control and she spoke faster.

"That's why you've been so good to them. You've always acted good, so they keep you. Find what they want and provide it, right, Mama? What happens when they don't want you anymore?! They will destroy you and I can't stop it! How can I protect you if I'm not here?!" she screamed.

The pain of that last statement stopped me. All her anger, all her frustration was not directed at my men; it was directed at herself. Hannah had internalized all the fears I had, but she could escape them. I could never get away and she thought she was powerless to help me.

DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,658 Followers