A Slave to the Servants Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,671 Followers

The control to open the tunnel remotely was not something I had used before. I was pushing every button on the transport trying to make the damn thing open when I found myself surrounded.

Men had followed me from the garage and landed five transports around me. They looked very confused. Tosu landed lightly on my transport and gently pulled me away from the controls. I fought her like a wild woman.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed, "HE IS JUST A BABY! I HAVE TO GO GET HIM!"

I tried to pull my weapon to make her go away and she knocked it from my hand. Before I had a chance to go for my sword, I found myself wrapped in her arms and pressed into her chest.

"Calm, little human," she crooned holding me tight.

My terror made me frantic. I kicked and screamed against her strength and made no headway. She just held me. The stress made me dizzy and my powerlessness made it worse. The last thing I remember was the confused faces of the men around us as I faded out.

Murmured words soothed me. I remembered the inky blackness I'd experienced when my family broke. This seemed similar. It wasn't me looking for them this time. It was them searching for me. The familiar voices of family broke through the hysteria and it faded as the calm of the family descend on me.

The voices in my mind relaxed me in ways I could never have dreamed. I felt the bed beneath my back and the enclosed air of the caves. Opening my eyes I saw I had been put back in my bedroom in the camp.

I turned my head and my stomach lurched. The vomit rose in my throat and I was lucky to get it into the waste pail. Rose was there and she wiped my face to clean it, afterward, she took the nastiness away.

"Jesus, Mama," Kennedy said from the main room as she stuck her head in, "was that a panic attack?! You completely flipped out!"

"Jonathan," I said weakly sitting up, my stomach still felt questionable.

"Like Daddy and his Brothers wouldn't be there when the shit goes down. The men's weapons will work,"Kennedy huffed. "Like Hannah and I won't be there to defend him! Don't go loosing your fucking mind now!"

"Don't curse,"I scolded rising unsteadily from the bed and stumbling to the main room. It wasn't like Kennedy to curse, I must have really scared her.

My men were in my head and I felt the jumble of their concern. They had felt my mind break and they had not liked it. For a moment they'd all felt like falling apart, but luckily our bond wasn't like that. I was still separate, although they felt my pain acutely. A quick talk with Arnold's family and they were on their way back to camp.

Hannah and her Sister crammed themselves into our main room once they heard my voice and the little cave I shared with Rose felt tight. The girls were talking rapidly about what had transpired.

"Here," Rose said pushing a cup into my hands, "drink this."

I sunk into one of the chairs by our fire pit and sipped the strange, tangy liquid. I felt drained, but I was still so worried for Jonathan. Tears burned my eyes and Rose encouraged me to drink more.

Arik and his Brothers had been alerted to my situation and knew of a newly discovered plant with calming effects on humans. Abram had instructed Rose how to prepare it. This concoction wouldn't dull me completely like the men's calming cream did. They hoped this herb would just center me. Rose had made the drink to try to settle my mind. I had been to out of it to try it before now.

"How long?" I asked embarrassed.

"The evening meal is in a little while," Rose answered pressing a cool cloth against my forehead and cheeks. "Our camp mates understand your distress. Many of them have children in the compounds."

"I have to help him," I said whispered to Rose as she snuggled next to me on the chair.

"You don't do well when you have no way to control your children's safety," she said seriously. "That is what usually creates this panic for you. We will help him, but you can't do it alone. Trust in your campmates and friends."

I nodded and sipped at the liquid.

My stomach felt queasy, so I told Rose. A bit of the root was produced from the shelf in my room and Rose cut a serving off for me. The rest she put back. I nibbled the food and focused on calming my raucous thoughts.

I'd let myself panic because I'd felt powerless, but Rose was right. The camp had pledged itself to the compounds near here. Other camps had the same plan. I could help and I would help, but losing my mind did nothing. A free woman needed to be strong, I needed to be strong.

Hannah and Kennedy were busy discussing their own jobs in the coming fight. They planned to be at the Barnas compound when the war happened. Both sets of girls wanted to be there to protect their younger brother and his family. They'd have to hide carefully before the fight, but they were sure they could do it.

Suddenly, Hannah focused her attention on me. She cocked her head and stared at me. I watched her eyes narrow and her nostrils flared in anger.

"Why," she asked harshly, "do you have root here? Why would you need a ready supply of that?"

"My stomach is weak sometimes, Hannah," I explained as Rose gripped my arm.

Hannah wasn't buying it and crossed her arms just the way Damien would have done. She looked absolutely livid. My stomach was only really weak around one time and Hannah knew when that was.

"You are carrying their child again, AREN'T YOU?!" she roared and the main drape to our room was pulled hastily back from outside. "You aren't getting heavy because you're eating well! You just could not stay away from Damien and his Brothers? What is wrong with you? Why are you so irresponsible?"

"It is my body and they are my family," I told her simply ignoring whoever had decided to listen in from outside. "If we have conceived a life together it is not your business. This new life is ours and not yours."

Hannah's eyes seemed to glow with contained rage as she stared at me. I met her gaze with one of my own.

"You are such an embarrassment to me!" Hannah shouted and suddenly switched to English. "My God, you are acting like some two dollar whore!"

I'd never feared my children, despite the great power they carried. It suddenly struck me I should handle Hannah very cautiously right now. She was acting slightly uncontrolled. Although I wanted to give her a talking to, I reigned in my temper and sat quietly staring at her. My mind churned looking for some way to explain this to her. Although, it really wasn't any of her business.

I had no reason for concern on that score. Turning, I saw Gunth and Hassar staring into our living space watching us with shock on their faces. They must have been just outside when the argument started. The Administrators demanded Hannah and Ra come to them.

My men were in my head and almost here. I heard their thoughts loudly.

It would have to be Damien's daughter that caught us. Christof's was so much calmer. Bane's son was like that, too, calm, for the most part. Evan's child was wild like him. If Jonathan had been old enough this would have been the same disaster. Kein had no idea what his children were like, but he hoped they were without Hannah's ridiculous temper.

Hassar's voice could be clearly heard as she asked me to please bring myself to the Administrative area. It seemed something needed discussing.

I made my way to the Administrative suites with Rose after I straightened my clothing out. Since I was no longer hiding it I wore a simple skirt and blouse that showed the prominent bulge in my front. The warm jacket still buttoned over my chest, but flared out prominently over my belly and wouldn't close. It didn't matter if anyone saw it anymore.

Word always traveled fast in the camp, now was not an exception. Men and women lined up and watched Rose and me walk proudly to the Administrators' suite. I heard the murmured comments. An unsanctioned breeding was a very dishonorable thing to do.

"Let them talk," Rose said firmly. "It should not bother you. They don't matter."

I looked to the side and could see the pride in Rose's stride. She had earned it back. There was no fear in her face, only determination. We were taking this fight all the way this time.

DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,671 Followers