A Smuggler's Adventures Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I won't do it for less than a million and a half," I said.

"Surely you jest, my friend."

"Most assuredly, I do not."

Reader, let us jump ahead a half-hour for I fear the battle of wills between Naga and Mi will bore you. Let me just say that, when negotiating with Nagamori, the important thing is to keep talking. It does not matter if what you say is convincing, or funny, or clever, or if it even makes sense; one must keep on talking until it tires him out. A half hour of bargaining later, we agreed on a million bits for the shipment.

Of course, I knew we'd agree on a million the moment he brought up the deal. These numbers do not float up from a vacuum; they come from an understanding of the risks and rewards involved. The funny thing is that Naga probably knew as well that we'd agree on a million in the end, which is why he opened with half of that. In an ideal world, we might have shook on a million at the beginning and saved ourselves the trouble, but realistically we had to play out this kabuki dance before coming to the very same number.

And just like that, I had my new assignment.

It would not be an easy one: the Qing was under blockade, and getting caught would put an early end to my career. Still, I was not without a few tricks up my sleeve.

12